Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Help! Leasing a 2018 Crosstrek Premium

londonzachlondonzach Member Posts: 5
edited January 2018 in Subaru
I'm looking to lease a 2018 Crosstrek Premium with heated seats (none of the other extras).
I want to put $0 down (no licensing fees or admin fees or anything else, though I'm happy to pay the first month's payment).

I shopped around a little and was offered:
$331.34/month for 36 months (have to pay first month also)
10k miles/year
MSRP: $24,842
Rate: .00145
Reside: .65
$16,147.30 residual
King County, WA/Seattle area.

Is this a good deal, generally? I plan on shopping it around, trying to get an idea of what kind of lease deals others are getting.
Thanks for any input!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,089

I'm looking to lease a 2018 Crosstrek Premium with heated seats (none of the other extras).
    I want to put $0 down (no licensing fees or admin fees or anything else, though I'm happy to pay the first month's payment).

I shopped around a little and was offered:
    $331.34/month for 36 months (have to pay first month also)
    10k miles/year
    $16,147.30 residual

Is this a good deal, generally? I plan on shopping it around, trying to get an idea of what kind of lease deals others are getting.
    Thanks for any input!

What is the MSRP?
    Stick or CVT?

What state and tax rate?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• londonzachlondonzach Member Posts: 5
    Updated!

Updated!

The money factor is marked up the maximum from .00095 MF base.

Assuming 10% sales tax, pre-tax payment of $301/mo.
    To get that payment, you need an adjusted CAP cost of about $24,850.
    I know registration is pretty high in WA, and you'll also have the $595 acquisition fee.
    That imputes a selling price of about $1000-$1300 off MSRP?

That would be a decent deal, without the money factor markup.

With the base money factor, and the same deal, the payment would drop about $23/mo.
    That would be a good deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Can you explain that? The base money factor/ mark up. Not entirely sure what that means (new to leasing!) Thanks!

Can you explain that? The base money factor/ mark up. Not entirely sure what that means (new to leasing!) Thanks!

The base money factor from SMF is .00095 for this model/trim and term.
    Dealers are permitted to markup the rate for extra profit. Just like they might markup an interest rate on a loan.
    The maximum markup is .00050. They've added the maximum markup to your money factor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2018
    kyfdx said:

Dealers are permitted to markup the rate for extra profit. Just like they might markup an interest rate on a loan.
    The maximum markup is .00050. They've added the maximum markup to your money factor.
    Alright, one more question for you, and I really appreciate your help! We've weighed up our options these last few days, and after considering I think we're leaning toward buying an Outback (instead of leasing a Crosstrek). Is this a good deal? :

Black on black 2018 2.5i Premium Outback.

$26,164 + $150 doc fee + $2,694.89 in taxes +$601 for registration tabs & license.
    $469.99/month for 36 months with $0 down.

He's making it sound like an incredible deal that can only be offered because it's the end of the month etc. etc.

kyfdx said:

Alright, one more question for you, and I really appreciate your help! We've weighed up our options these last few days, and after considering I think we're leaning toward buying an Outback (instead of leasing a Crosstrek). Is this a good deal? :

Black on black 2018 2.5i Premium Outback.

$26,164 + $150 doc fee + $2,694.89 in taxes +$601 for registration tabs & license.
    $469.99/month for 36 months with $0 down.

He's making it sound like an incredible deal that can only be offered because it's the end of the month etc. etc.
    Sorry, but we don't track pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator