Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport Lease - MSD and MF

erand881erand881 Member Posts: 38
edited February 2017 in Land Rover
how much of a difference do MSD make on the MF ? Is there a set reduction with each ? I'm wondering if it's worth it with the Land Rover Discovery Sport

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    erand881 said:

how much of a difference do MSD make on the MF ? Is there a set reduction with each ? I'm wondering if it's worth it with the Land Rover Discovery Sport

Thanks!

LR does not offer an MSD program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    erand881erand881 Member Posts: 38
    Michaell said:
    how much of a difference do MSD make on the MF ? Is there a set reduction with each ? I'm wondering if it's worth it with the Land Rover Discovery Sport Thanks!
    LR does not offer an MSD program.
    Thanks !
  • Options
    jackxielujackxielu Member Posts: 1
    got a quote from dealer, any comment is welcome.
    2017, discovery sport SE, this is a new car, only 20 miles on it; however being listed as a "loaner" or CPO. MRSP 41069, internet sale price 34595; lease term for 39/10k, 1000 due at signing, 447/month in PA. how is this deal ? they did not disclose MF , RV ... thank you folks !
  • Options
    jackxielu said:

got a quote from dealer, any comment is welcome.
    2017, discovery sport SE, this is a new car, only 20 miles on it; however being listed as a "loaner" or CPO. MRSP 41069, internet sale price 34595; lease term for 39/10k, 1000 due at signing, 447/month in PA. how is this deal ? they did not disclose MF , RV ... thank you folks !

57% and .00019

With those prices, I get $298/mo before tax.

A few questions for the dealer:

1. What cap cost are they using to get the $447/mo payment?
    2. What MF are they using in their quote?
    3. What is the tax rate?
    4. What does the $1000 due at signing cover?
    5. Has the car been titled? If no, why are they claiming it as CPO?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    konkm12konkm12 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Michael - working on a deal for a loaner 2017 HSE, 39 month term, seems like LR offers 5K mile leases would the residual go to 59%?
    Thank you,
    Kon
  • Options
    konkm12 said:

Hi Michael - working on a deal for a loaner 2017 HSE, 39 month term, seems like LR offers 5K mile leases would the residual go to 59%?
    Thank you,
    Kon

I do not have any information on how LR handles demo miles and how they affect the residual value. What does the dealer say?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    they are loaners that haven't been titled - dealer confirmed the .00019 MF and 58% residual for 39 mo lease but for 5K miles per year
  • Options
    konkm12 said:

they are loaners that haven't been titled - dealer confirmed the .00019 MF and 58% residual for 39 mo lease but for 5K miles per year

The base MF for the 2017 LR Disco Sport HSE is .00016

And, the 39/5 residual is 58%, so no adjustment for the miles

Not sure I see any advantage over getting a new one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    As it turns out after a couple of calls Manhattan dealer offered in writing brand new 2017 SE with Climate & Navigation for $368 / mo - I pay tax, 1st payment, bank fee and title/reg out of pocket for a total of $2,550.
    This deal includes them giving me a check for $3036 to pay off my current MB lease (7 payments left @ $341 + MB lease term fee of $595). They are basically discounting the car from $42,014 to $35,500.
    I was on the fence to consider a LR but I like the styling and at this deal it's hard to pass up, with interest rates going up when my current lease is up in 7 mo. I doubt I will be able to get a luxury SUV at almost 7K off list.
    They have 17 SE's brand new in stock so I guess they are anxious to move them

I have been using these forums to lease my last 4 cars so I thank you for the effort and knowledge,
    Your thoughts?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,228
    konkm12 said:

As it turns out after a couple of calls Manhattan dealer offered in writing brand new 2017 SE with Climate & Navigation for $368 / mo - I pay tax, 1st payment, bank fee and title/reg out of pocket for a total of $2,550.
    This deal includes them giving me a check for $3036 to pay off my current MB lease (7 payments left @ $341 + MB lease term fee of $595). They are basically discounting the car from $42,014 to $35,500.
    I was on the fence to consider a LR but I like the styling and at this deal it's hard to pass up, with interest rates going up when my current lease is up in 7 mo. I doubt I will be able to get a luxury SUV at almost 7K off list.
    They have 17 SE's brand new in stock so I guess they are anxious to move them

I have been using these forums to lease my last 4 cars so I thank you for the effort and knowledge,
    Your thoughts?

Call MBFS and find out what you'll owe if you give your car back early. It may greatly exceed the amount of the payments.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Nyc1234Nyc1234 Member Posts: 54
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport Lease in 11223 (NY)

36/10 MF Residual and Incentives

TIA.
  • Options
    Nyc1234 said:

TIA.

Which trim?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Nyc1234Nyc1234 Member Posts: 54
    kyfdx said:

Nyc1234 said:

TIA.

Which trim?
    HSE
  • Options
    Nyc1234 said:

kyfdx said:

Nyc1234 said:

TIA.

Which trim?
    HSE
    56% and .00001

We do not have the incentive information for LR.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    I have used the forum to lease several cars and wanted to post the deal I signed based on the information - have leased several Volvos, BMW, MB and Lexus this is my first LR - here's the deal in NY:
    2017 brand new SE, $42,500 MSRP, -$3K negative equity for terminating MB lease early (paid off remaining payments + lease term fee), $2550 out of pocket (taxes, lease bank fee, 1st payment, plates)
    39 month lease, 5K miles per year through Chase,
    Bottom line -
    $367.50 / month, $2,550 out of pocket (negative equity in the deal)
    I paid off MB financial services to return car, dealer will cut me check for $450.

Thank you
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    konkm12 said:

I have used the forum to lease several cars and wanted to post the deal I signed based on the information - have leased several Volvos, BMW, MB and Lexus this is my first LR - here's the deal in NY:
    2017 brand new SE, $42,500 MSRP, -$3K negative equity for terminating MB lease early (paid off remaining payments + lease term fee), $2550 out of pocket (taxes, lease bank fee, 1st payment, plates)
    39 month lease, 5K miles per year through Chase,
    Bottom line -
    $367.50 / month, $2,550 out of pocket (negative equity in the deal)
    I paid off MB financial services to return car, dealer will cut me check for $450.

Thank you

Congrats on the new Land Rover!
    Thanks for reporting your deal

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bbrains1bbrains1 Member Posts: 29
    Hello!

It looks like there are still a number of 2017s sitting on dealer's lots. Do you have any updates on the Residuals/MFs for a 2017 LR Disco Sport HSE? I'm interested in 36/12 and 39/12.

It looks like LR is kicking in $3,000 off MSRP as an incentive?

Thank you for your valuable information, this is a great forum.
  • Options
    bbrains1 said:

Hello!

It looks like there are still a number of 2017s sitting on dealer's lots. Do you have any updates on the Residuals/MFs for a 2017 LR Disco Sport HSE? I'm interested in 36/12 and 39/12.

It looks like LR is kicking in $3,000 off MSRP as an incentive?

Thank you for your valuable information, this is a great forum.

36/12: .00001 MF and 55% residual
    39/12: .00013 MF and 53% residual

I see a $1000 incentive... anything else would be a dealer discount.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator