Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

CX-9 touring lease #'s for NY

bugsyspebugsyspe Member Posts: 4
edited February 2018 in Mazda
Does anyone know the current numbers on a 2018 cx9 AWD touring for NY in Feb?

Thanks

Evan

Comments

• Options
    forgot to mention 12k miles / year.

Thanks...
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,212
    bugsyspe said:

Does anyone know the current numbers on a 2018 cx9 AWD touring for NY in Feb?

Thanks

Evan

bugsyspe said:

forgot to mention 12k miles / year.

Thanks...

.00061 MF and 62% residual for 36/12
    $330 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank You, is it different on the GT? and is it worth stepping up to the GT from the touring with Premium? Aside from some chrome accents and bigger wheels, are there other differences worth the extra money?
  • Options
    bugsyspe said:

Thank You, is it different on the GT? and is it worth stepping up to the GT from the touring with Premium? Aside from some chrome accents and bigger wheels, are there other differences worth the extra money?

GT residuals are 2% lower.

Given the higher price and lower residual, the discount will have to be substantially bigger on a relative basis to compete with the Touring payment.

Only you can decide what the options are worth, to you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank You, I appreciate the help and advice.

I am still a little confused about how much I should be paying though.

If I know that these dealers are listing the touring w/ premium for about $38k, the mf is .00061, and the residual is 62% I don't know how I am supposed to factor what my payment should be.

For Feb I am being offered $449 rolling in everything (including taxes) on a sign and drive.
    Due at signing would be first month and DMV

Thoughts?
  • Options
    bugsyspe said:

Thank You, I appreciate the help and advice.

I am still a little confused about how much I should be paying though.

If I know that these dealers are listing the touring w/ premium for about $38k, the mf is .00061, and the residual is 62% I don't know how I am supposed to factor what my payment should be.

For Feb I am being offered $449 rolling in everything (including taxes) on a sign and drive.
    Due at signing would be first month and DMV

Thoughts?

Numbers you need to calculate a lease payment
    1) Residual percentage
    2) money factor
    3) MSRP
    4) Selling price
    5) Adjusted CAP cost
    6) Tax rate

If you don't know those numbers, and how the quoted lease payment stacks up with them, then you won't know if it's a good deal, or not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ddelanycddelanyc Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, are these numbers the same for NYC? 
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,318
    ddelanyc said:

Hi all, are these numbers the same for NYC? 

The 2018 Mazda numbers are national for February.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    busydad1busydad1 Member Posts: 25
    Hi,

Thoughts on this deal. CX9 Touring with Premium Package and All weather mats MSRP - $39,825. Selling price $36,300. Residual 62%, Money Factor .00047, 10K miles per year for 36 months.

Paying taxes and first month, 75 transfer plates, 75 doc/title fee, 10 NYS inspection, 12.50 NYS tire disposal and
    595 acquisition fee upfront to total $2406.05 upfront (no down payment or security) with a monthly of $355.

I think it is a pretty good deal - what do you think? Numbers make sense? Should I not pay taxes upfront?

Thanks.

• Options
    busydad1 said:

Hi,

Thoughts on this deal. CX9 Touring with Premium Package and All weather mats MSRP - $39,825. Selling price $36,300. Residual 62%, Money Factor .00047, 10K miles per year for 36 months.

Paying taxes and first month, 75 transfer plates, 75 doc/title fee, 10 NYS inspection, 12.50 NYS tire disposal and
    595 acquisition fee upfront to total $2406.05 upfront (no down payment or security) with a monthly of $355.

I think it is a pretty good deal - what do you think? Numbers make sense? Should I not pay taxes upfront?

Thanks.

I get $351/mo. with those numbers, but close enough.
    Does the $2406 add up for you? If so, that looks like a good deal.
    Nothing wrong with paying taxes upfront. In fact, it lowers your total tax, in NY

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks - yeah I get $351.12 as well. I'll have to look at how they calculated it exactly. I'll get the exact breakdown on the $2406 as well.

Surprised Mazda has a 62% residual - good for the lease bad for buying at end.. Think I'm going to take this deal.

Thanks for the feedback and for checking the numbers.
  • Options
    Just picked up (today) the touring AWD with premium. Figured out diff. in payment - premium paint color machine gray so MSRP was actually higher. $355 a month 36 months 10k per year. no money down. $2406 taxes etc. at lease signing. Beautiful looking car, handles well, a little short on big cargo space but I don't really need that much most of the time. Emergency 3rd row seat for short trips with 6 seated ok. Let go of my 2015 Genesis Signature sedan that was a bit nicer than Mazda but totally different vehicles.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,318
    busydad1 said:

Just picked up (today) the touring AWD with premium. Figured out diff. in payment - premium paint color machine gray so MSRP was actually higher. $355 a month 36 months 10k per year. no money down. $2406 taxes etc. at lease signing. Beautiful looking car, handles well, a little short on big cargo space but I don't really need that much most of the time. Emergency 3rd row seat for short trips with 6 seated ok. Let go of my 2015 Genesis Signature sedan that was a bit nicer than Mazda but totally different vehicles.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Thanks and thanks for the help!