Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 or 2018 MDX GREAT deals [Price and Compare Discussion]?

carshopping20carshopping20 Member Posts: 2
edited February 2018 in Acura
I have two offers on the table from competing dealerships. Is one much better than the other overall? Are they good or great deals overall?

Both vehicle offers include doc fees already. I am looking at the vehicle offer price as "all-in" excluding registration and sales tax.

MSRP 46,050 (has AWD)
Vehicle Offer $40,000 includes $969 in accessories. Excludes registration and sales tax. Includes doc fee.

MSRP 44,200
Vehicle Offer: $41,500 includes $995 in accessories. Excludes registration and sales tax. Includes doc fee.

Very similar out the door price (~$1500 difference) with 2017 being a year older (still brand new) and AWD and the 2018 being a year newer without AWD. Other than that, they are virtually the same.

1. Is one better deal than the other? I don't care much about AWD or not, but maybe resell value helps if AWD?
2. Is either deal a GREAT deal? I don't need to buy right now, but if it is a great buy then I'll buy.

Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Where do you live?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• carshopping20carshopping20 Member Posts: 2
    Phoenix, Arizona. 85003
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200

Phoenix, Arizona. 85003

I doubt AWD makes much difference in Phoenix.

On the 2017, dealers received $1000 inventory payoff cash last month, and there is $1000 Presidents Day cash, as well..

2018: $750 dealer incentive.

So, given that, I'd guess you could do better on price.

I wouldn't put any value on the $1000 of accessories.. those generally aren't worth a lot. Guessing it includes tint in AZ, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ritesh237ritesh237 Member Posts: 20
    Anyone care to share what prices they are paying for 2018 MDX? Given that we are approaching towards end of year sale, I reckon good deals are to be had.