Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MF and RV for 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUMMIT in MD

csdinnap_mdcsdinnap_md Member Posts: 10
edited February 2018 in Jeep
Can you provide the current Money Factor and Residual Value Percentage for a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUMMIT in Maryland (zip 21403)?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,758

Can you provide the current Money Factor and Residual Value Percentage for a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUMMIT in Maryland (zip 21403)?

.00001 MF and 47% residual for 36/15
    Assuming AWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• csdinnap_mdcsdinnap_md Member Posts: 10
    Thanks kyfdx.
    4x4 and 36 month term is correct (sorry I omitted that detail).
    Was thinking 12K miles, but the 15K you noted is quite acceptable. Also great to have that residual %-age for my budgeting.
    A follow-up question:
    Is the .00001 MF you noted from "Chrysler Financial" or a 3rd party leasing agent?
    KYDFX....
    Looking at my resulting calculations using the MF and residual detail you provided earlier...
    Just to confirm, did you mean .00001 ... or .0001 MF?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,979

Thanks kyfdx.
    Was thinking 12K miles, but the 15K you noted is quite acceptable. Also great to have that residual %-age for my budgeting.
    A follow-up question:
    Is the .00001 MF you noted from "Chrysler Financial" or a 3rd party leasing agent?

Our numbers come from Chrysler Financial.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

KYDFX....
    Looking at my resulting calculations using the MF and residual detail you provided earlier...
    Just to confirm, did you mean .00001 ... or .0001 MF?

.00001 (4 zeros)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Thanks kyfdx.
    A follow-up question:

Add 2% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks to both for the details and the clarifications.
    Gentlemen....hopefully this is my final query regarding the MF.

I understand that to estimate an equivalent APR for a given MF, you multiply the MF x 2400.

If that is the case, then your above noted MF of .00001 x 2400 = 0.02% equivalent APR.
    CORRECT?

If I am completely missing the boat ... please set me straight with the correct calculation scenario.
    Thanks.

Gentlemen....hopefully this is my final query regarding the MF.

I understand that to estimate an equivalent APR for a given MF, you multiply the MF x 2400.

If that is the case, then your above noted MF of .00001 x 2400 = 0.02% equivalent APR.
    CORRECT?

If I am completely missing the boat ... please set me straight with the correct calculation scenario.
    Thanks.

You are correct, but converting the MF into an APR doesn't really help you with the lease calculations, it simply gives you a point of reference.

But, effectively free money. The MF on my Jetta lease is .00005, and the total rent charge for 36 months is just over $50.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I do realize that the MF to APR calculation only yields a point of reference (as you noted).
    However, I wanted to be certain I was not calculating incorrectly when I arrived at the 0.024% APR.
    It seemed so low I thought I was making a calculation error.

I agree that a .00001 MF (~ .024% APR ;) ) IS like free money.

Thanks much for the confirmation!
  • rubbb8768rubbb8768 Member Posts: 6
    I am interested in leasing a 2018 Grand Cherokee but understand that Chrysler Financial doesn’t allow lease transfers, but US bank will.
    Would you have MF and residual for US Bank? 
    36 or 39 10k 11234 zip code
    thank you 
    rubbb8768 said:

I am interested in leasing a 2018 Grand Cherokee but understand that Chrysler Financial doesn’t allow lease transfers, but US bank will.
    Would you have MF and residual for US Bank? 
    36 or 39 10k 11234 zip code
    thank you 

We don't have US Bank numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Assuming AWD Last week, you provided a MF for Chrysler Financial (assume that includes Chrysler Capital).

Given that some banks have raised their APR on car loans over the past week or so, has there been any change in the MF used by Chrysler Financial/Capital?

Assuming AWD Last week, you provided a MF for Chrysler Financial (assume that includes Chrysler Capital).

Given that some banks have raised their APR on car loans over the past week or so, has there been any change in the MF used by Chrysler Financial/Capital?

Not for February. New programs will be released next week. Be interesting to see if there is a general upward trend on the MF across all manufacturers based on the economy and the predicted increases from the Fed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Not for February. New programs will be released next week. Be interesting to see if there is a general upward trend on the MF across all manufacturers based on the economy and the predicted increases from the Fed.

I agree. If you see something next week, especially if it indicates any possible trend, please consider sharing it.

Interesting that in late February, 2/28 two dealers tried to give us a Chrysler Capital lease with a .043 MF instead of the .00001 MF.... even with an exceptional credit rating.

We stood our ground and in the end got the .00001. 

Was this perhaps a tactic to earn the dealership a better end of month bonus from Chrysler Capital?

Interesting that in late February, 2/28 two dealers tried to give us a Chrysler Capital lease with a .043 MF instead of the .00001 MF.... even with an exceptional credit rating.

We stood our ground and in the end got the .00001. 

Was this perhaps a tactic to earn the dealership a better end of month bonus from Chrysler Capital?

Chrysler Capital allows dealers to markup the rate by .00042, for extra profit. I'll let you do the math on that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Profit that I assume goes to the dealership...even though it C.Capital that finances the actual lease?

Profit that I assume goes to the dealership...even though it C.Capital that finances the actual lease?

Yes.. not sure exactly how it works..

But, the dealership likely gets 70% of the extra proceeds from the markup, but all upfront from CC.
    (or something like that)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator