Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Clarity Lease Deals and Prices

larciellarciel Member Posts: 29
edited December 2017 in Honda
I'm looking at just- released clarity plugin. Data on MF, lease rebates, residual would be helpful

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    larciel said:

I'm looking at just- released clarity plugin. Data on MF, lease rebates, residual would be helpful

.00200 MF and 44%/43% residual for Base/Touring, for 36/15
    $6500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• LGAeroLGAero Member Posts: 2
    Trying to find Clarity lease that ids the 6500 as lease cash. Dealers are definitely clueless about the vehicle in so many ways.
    LGAero said:

Trying to find Clarity lease that ids the 6500 as lease cash. Dealers are definitely clueless about the vehicle in so many ways.

The program identifier is HP-M23 for the lease cash

Probably need to find a dealer that "specializes" in selling the Clarity.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• leah__leaseleah__lease Member Posts: 3
    Does 7500 Fed rebate also applies in addition to Lease Cash when leasing for 36/12
    Thanks.

Does 7500 Fed rebate also applies in addition to Lease Cash when leasing for 36/12
    Thanks.

No.. when you lease, the bank gets the rebate. (which is how they can provide that big chunk of lease cash)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• leah__leaseleah__lease Member Posts: 3
    Thank you !
    I was thinking Santa had brought in something truly special :) 6.5K is excellent too.
  • andy365andy365 Member Posts: 5
    any idea what the lease numbers look like for base and Touring
    andy365 said:

any idea what the lease numbers look like for base and Touring

.00200 MF and 44%/43% residual for 36/15 (Base/Touring)
    $6500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• srl99srl99 Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2017
    Moderator info very helpful along with the Edmunds Lease Calculator.

Given that "Most cars have a residual value of between 50 and 58 percent for a 36-month lease. Enter a number close to 58 percent for cars with a good resale value. To obtain an average payment, enter 55 percent" (per Edmunds),

Honda doesn't seem very motivated to lease these cars, at the moment. This is consistent with what others have said about Honda unmotivated to lease brand-new models. Over $100/mo extra payment due to "low" residual value.

$6500 lease cash is part of the $7500 tax credit for the battery (size).
    edited December 2017
    No sooner did I post the above, than I got this email "lease special" $349/mo, $3k down, 12k mi/year. This seems to be several $K less than I calculated with moderator's info, although 12K mi/year vs. 15K mi/year. https://www.culvercityhonda.com/lease-specials/ scroll down

• KendallPKendallP Member Posts: 2
    I've been looking at the TrueCar pricing for the Clarity. How valid are the "Exceptional" prices in their transactions chart? For example, here's what I get for the Clarity Base model in my area:

It shows that 6 people paid between $28,060 and $28,524, and 2 others paid btw $28,524 and $29,987. How does TrueCar obtain these prices?

If they are valid, I would certainly like to use those prices in my negotiation. However, if they are not actual sale prices, I don't want to offend the sales manager by making such a low-ball offer.
    KendallP said:

I've been looking at the TrueCar pricing for the Clarity. How valid are the "Exceptional" prices in their transactions chart? For example, here's what I get for the Clarity Base model in my area:

It shows that 6 people paid between $28,060 and $28,524, and 2 others paid btw $28,524 and $29,987. How does TrueCar obtain these prices?

If they are valid, I would certainly like to use those prices in my negotiation. However, if they are not actual sale prices, I don't want to offend the sales manager by making such a low-ball offer.

Well... you might have noticed that this is Edmunds.com?

Can't really give you any insight into TrueCar.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• KendallPKendallP Member Posts: 2
    Apologies, kyfdx. I saw the earlier mention of TrueCar and thought it would be okay to post a comparison.

Thank you for the details you provided above on current MF and residuals for the Clarity. Can you tell me if the $6500 lease cash has been extended? I would also greatly appreciate if you know what the MF would be if I elected to do a one-pay lease with Honda. Trying to see if it would make an appreciable enough difference to justify the up-front payment.
    KendallP said:

Apologies, kyfdx. I saw the earlier mention of TrueCar and thought it would be okay to post a comparison.

Thank you for the details you provided above on current MF and residuals for the Clarity. Can you tell me if the $6500 lease cash has been extended? I would also greatly appreciate if you know what the MF would be if I elected to do a one-pay lease with Honda. Trying to see if it would make an appreciable enough difference to justify the up-front payment.

.00120 MF
    44% residual for 36/15
    $5200 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• uncle_jackuncle_jack Member Posts: 24
    MF, Res, and Lease cash for 36/15 Touring trim in Houston Tx area please.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145

MF, Res, and Lease cash for 36/15 Touring trim in Houston Tx area please.

.00120 and 43%
    $5200 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• eellddyyeellddyy Member Posts: 4
    Could I have the MF, RV%, and lease cash available for a 36/12 Base and Touring in SoCal?
    eellddyy said:

Could I have the MF, RV%, and lease cash available for a 36/12 Base and Touring in SoCal?

.00120 and 46% (base) or 45% (Touring)
    $5200 in ZEV states only, which I believe includes CA

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• ruyehara47ruyehara47 Member Posts: 2
    Dealer is offering .0012, 45%, $6K incentive for Touring model. Sounds like a standard deal right?

Dealer is offering .0012, 45%, $6K incentive for Touring model. Sounds like a standard deal right?

For 36/12, those are the correct numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ilikeikeilikeike Member Posts: 19
    Hope nobody minds, but I just posted this on another forum and didn't get any replies yet...

HELP!!! I’m slowly learning about the tax credit and rebates and thinking that maybe this might be a not-so-great lease deal but could be a pretty good purchase deal.

Looking at the hybrids and being shocked at the local dealer’s initial lease offer, we started searching for the electric-only Clarity and found a few in Oregon. But they aren’t the right color and we’d have to add on about $500-$800 to get one shipped to Southern California.

After reading up on things today, I learned that the $7,500 tax credit goes to the first entity to register the vehicle, so if it’s a lease it always goes to the leasing company. Which makes our original lease comparison, between $220 for the electric-only BEV and $528 for the hybrid PHEV even more mind-numbing.

The low residual makes the leasing on the PHEV (hybrid) Touring model look unattractive, but then out of the blue our other local dealer came up with an offer for $349 for 36 months with $2,995 due at signing plus acquisition fee of $595. (More than $100/mo lower than our first offer.) Current Honda deals are for .00120 Money Factor and $5,200 Dealer Cash. (Sounds great, but they’re apparently pocketing $2,300 of the $7,500 federal tax credit instead of passing it on to us.)

MSRP is $37,490 and the best purchase offer we’ve received is $35,230 which would also give us the $7,500 tax credit. (The low interest-rate offer doesn’t matter to us and fuel costs are not an important factor because most trips would be less than 40 miles.)

I’m out of my depth trying to figure out if the $349/mo offer makes this a good deal or if I’m better off with the straight purchase of $35,230 minus the $7,500 tax credit.

I don’t know if this is a silly way to look at it, but if I pre-paid the $349 lease, it would come out to a total of $12,560 (including energy rebates but not the tax credit) with a $17,000 residual plus acquisition fee.

If I bought (instead of leasing) the car, it would be about $30,000 net total after tax credits and rebates.

Just to compare, the electric-only BEV (including shipping) would cost about $10,220 for the three year period, giving it back to Honda at the end of three years.

Am I figuring this correctly? That leasing or buying the hybrid costs just about the same? And that getting the all-electric BEV model would save us about $2,560 ($71 per month) compared to getting the more versatile hybrid?

These costs make more sense than those we were first looking at (although I’d like some verification of that) and we’d love to trade in my wife’s Audi, which Kelly Blue Book has at between $7,500-$12,000 for trade-in values. I’m kind of thinking that any additional negotiation might be solely in regards to the trade-in and am contemplating accepting the purchase offer and shoot for at least $10,000 on the trade-in.

We’d really like to not have to worry about selling the Audi privately and it’s hard to shop deals on the Clarity if there’s a trade-in involved. Are we moving too fast, doing a deal with only the second dealer we’ve seriously talked to? Or do those numbers look low enough to try to wrap this up quickly?

All advice is gratefully welcomed.
  • ruyehara47ruyehara47 Member Posts: 2
    Since my dealer is offering a $6K incentive, that seems like a good deal right? If Honda is offering $5.2K I'm getting an extra $800.
    Michaell said:

For 36/12, those are the correct numbers.
  • ilikeikeilikeike Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2018
    I rewrote my last post from last night and corrected some mistakes. This might be a little clearer...

I’m slowly learning about the tax credit and rebates and trying to compare buying (where we get the $7,500 tax credit) and leasing (where Honda gets the $7,500).

Our local dealer’s first lease proposal, at $528 for the hybrid, made the $199 deal for the electric look incredible but we would have to go 17 hours north to get one (about $500 to ship it) and we can’t find the right color.

Leasing the hybrid Touring model was looking dismal, but then out of the blue our other local dealer came up with an offer for $349 for 36 months with $2,999 at signing. Using a calculator I worked backward to come up with the effective Sales Price.

MSRP $37,490
    Sales Price $34,100
    Money Factor .0012
    Document Fee $80
    Acquisition Fee $595 upfront
    Miles/Year 12,000
    Months 36
    Down Payment $1,388
    Untaxed Incentives $5,200
    Residual 45%
    License/Registration $400
    Sales Tax (Ventura, CA) 7.75%

Monthly Payment $349
    Payment Incl Tax $376
    Drive Off $2,999
    Disposition Fee $0
    Total Lease Cost $15,755

The best purchase offer we’ve received is $35,230 which would give us the $7,500 tax credit for a net purchase cost of $27,730. Compared to the leasing deal’s sales price ($34,100 - $5,200 = $28,900) the purchase looks like it’s $1,000 cheaper. (If we pay cash and ignore the cost of money.)

Am I correct in thinking that the leasing deal is about the same as the purchase deal? If they are about the same, in general terms is it better to lease or purchase? (I’d tend to lean towards purchasing, just to avoid the monthly paperwork.)

The calculator gave a total lease cost of $15,755 for the hybrid. I figured the electric model (including shipping from Oregon) would cost about $10,220 for the same period, about $5,500 less expensive.

Am I figuring this correctly? That leasing or buying the hybrid costs just about the same? And that getting the electric-only model would save us about $5,500 ($152 per month) compared to getting the more versatile hybrid?

The next variable is my wife’s 2009 Audi A4, which we would love to trade in even if it costs us a little bit of money for the convenience. Kelly Blue Book has at between $7,500-$12,000 for trade-in values. I’m kind of thinking that any additional negotiation might be solely in regards to the trade-in and am contemplating accepting the purchase offer and shoot for at least $10,000 on the trade-in.

Are we moving too fast, doing a deal with only the second dealer we’ve seriously talked to? Or do those numbers look good enough to try to wrap this up quickly?

Thanks for any advice or criticisms. I’m way out of my league on this stuff but would like to do the deal as soon as possible. The other option is to hang tight and see what the 2018 electric-only version looks like, but I haven’t heard anything yet about release dates or possible changes to the car.
    @ilikeike

First, you are correct, the bank gets the Federal tax credit, but since it's a lease, it's not $7500, but some smaller portion. (we've seen $4600-$5200 on other models).

If you are trying to compare purchasing with leasing, then buying out the vehicle, then of course the amounts will be similar. After all, you end up at the same place, in the end.

I agree with the math in your last post. If you don't care about fuel costs, etc, why are you shopping this particular vehicle? The deal looks pretty good for this vehicle, but $3000 upfront and $376/mo. is an amount of money that can lease a whole bunch of different cars. Not sure I'd pick this one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jikjik Member Posts: 144
    getting a touring price of 34731 plus TTL

How does this deal look?
    jik said:

getting a touring price of 34731 plus TTL

How does this deal look?

Sorry, but we don't track pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

isnt this prices paid forum?
    jik said:

isnt this prices paid forum?

Technically, it's a lease forum.

And, us moderators have over 200 of them to keep track of.

We simply don't have the bandwidth to offer pricing advice, since we aren't actively in the market.

Hopefully, you can glean information from others who post here about the deals they are negotiating on the Clarity.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

so does this depend on the moderator becos on other prices paid discussion groups, there was free discussion and people like Brian frequently commented on the pros and cons
    jik said:

so does this depend on the moderator becos on other prices paid discussion groups, there was free discussion and people like Brian frequently commented on the pros and cons

Brian is not a moderator, but a well informed regular poster who contributes his knowledge on some of the threads.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• caedward2caedward2 Member Posts: 45
    What are the current lease incentives for the Clarity PHEV Base model, 3/36, in Texas?
    caedward2 said:

What are the current lease incentives for the Clarity PHEV Base model, 3/36, in Texas?

Are you in a ZEV state (like California?).

If not, I'm not sure we have numbers for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• caedward2caedward2 Member Posts: 45
    I was under the impression this vehicle is available in all 50 states?
    caedward2 said:

I was under the impression this vehicle is available in all 50 states?

Yes... but, the incentives are only valid in ZEV states (as far as we can tell).
    Without the lease incentives ($5200 lease cash and .00120 MF), you wouldn't want to lease this vehicle. You'd have to purchase, to take advantage of the Federal tax credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• drthumperdrthumper Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2018
    Looking for March residuals, money factor and lease cash on a 2018 Clarity PHEV Touring.
    24, 30 mos, and 36 mos figures would be excellent. All at 15k miles per year. I am in Pennsylvania.
    Thank you,
    Matt
    drthumper said:

Looking for March residuals, money factor and lease cash on a 2018 Clarity PHEV Touring.
    24, 30 mos, and 36 mos figures would be excellent. All at 15k miles per year. I am in Pennsylvania.
    Thank you,
    Matt

If PA is a ZEV state, .00120 and 49% / 47% / 43%
    $6000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• brsuk123brsuk123 Member Posts: 4
    How much does the residual change by for 12k miles? CA
    brsuk123 said:

How much does the residual change by for 12k miles? CA

Add 2% to the 15K/yr residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jvmoore1jvmoore1 Member Posts: 11
    What is the MF and residual for the PHEV touring version 36/15 and 36/18 for 36606
    Also any specials deals
    jvmoore1 said:

What is the MF and residual for the PHEV touring version 36/15 and 36/18 for 36606
    Also any specials deals

The residual is 43%.

I don't think there is any lease support for the Clarity, unless you are in a ZEV state. I don't think Alabama is one of those states.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kesumezkesumez Member Posts: 1
    May I get the MF, Residual, and leash cash/incentives for 12k/36mo for a base model Clarity in California Zip 91340. Thank you.
    kesumez said:

May I get the MF, Residual, and leash cash/incentives for 12k/36mo for a base model Clarity in California Zip 91340. Thank you.

.00120 MF
    $7500 lease incentives
    46% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• carobserver5carobserver5 Member Posts: 10
    Could I get the lease cash/incentives, MF and residual for the PHEV touring version 36 mo 12,000 miles per year. Massachusetts zip 02478.

Are there any special lease deals for April? (With different mileage or term?)

Could I get the lease cash/incentives, MF and residual for the PHEV touring version 36 mo 12,000 miles per year. Massachusetts zip 02478.

Are there any special lease deals for April? (With different mileage or term?)

45% residual
    .00120 MF
    $7500 incentive

36 months is the best term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carobserver5carobserver5 Member Posts: 10
    Thank you!
  • dudeduke1dudeduke1 Member Posts: 5
    Can i get the lease incentive  RV MF for 36 months lease. 12k miles per year.l for both base and touring model in California 
    dudeduke1 said:

Can i get the lease incentive  RV MF for 36 months lease. 12k miles per year.l for both base and touring model in California 

.00120 MF
    $7500 incentive
    46%/45% residual for Base/Touring

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dudeduke1dudeduke1 Member Posts: 5
    kyfdx said:
    .00120 MF $7500 incentive 46%/45% residual for Base/Touring
    Is $7500 correct?? As none of the dealers is offering me that. They are saying its $6000
    dudeduke1 said:

kyfdx said:

dudeduke1 said:

.00120 MF
    $7500 incentive
    46%/45% residual for Base/Touring

Is $7500 correct?? As none of the dealers is offering me that. They are saying its $6000

There are two separate incentives - $6000 lease cash direct to the customer, and another $1500 dealer lease cash, which the dealer can choose to pass along to you in the form of a lower selling price.

Use the knowledge of the $1500 to get your best pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator