Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hello, I have been quoted the below numbers for Audi S5 sportsback prestige 2018

kirnik1kirnik1 Member Posts: 15
edited February 2018 in Audi
Trade in - $10,500 for 2011 bmw 528i Negotiated price for S5- $59,212 Down payment- $10,000 Residual for 36 months- 60% MF- 0.002114 Per month - $377 Includes Audi care, sales tax and acquisition fee of 895 and other fees Can you please tell me if this is bad deal? Zip code is 53704 Wisconsin
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• kirnik1kirnik1 Member Posts: 15
    Thank you so much for quick response. What would be the good deal and how much do you think I should put down on a lease? The reason I was putting high down is because to reduce the monthly cost. The dealer told me if no down payment and only trade in I would be looking at $630 per month.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,570
    kirnik1 said:

Thank you so much for quick response. What would be the good deal and how much do you think I should put down on a lease? The reason I was putting high down is because to reduce the monthly cost. The dealer told me if no down payment and only trade in I would be looking at $630 per month.

Putting down a lot might reduce the monthly payment, but it doesn't really do much to lower the actual total cost.

As your deal sits now, your average cost is $965/mo. Whether you put a lot upfront, or nothing, it doesn't change that math.

What is the MSRP on this car?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for your response. Msrp is 63,240. Can you give me the good numbers for leasing 12k miles 36 months. I will refer these numbers to negotiate. I have a trade in for 10500.
    edited February 2018
    kirnik1 said:

Thank you for your response. Msrp is 63,240. Can you give me the good numbers for leasing 12k miles 36 months. I will refer these numbers to negotiate. I have a trade in for 10500.

.00190 MF and 60% residual
    $63,240 MSRP
    $59,212 Selling price
    $869 AudiCare
    $895 Acquisition fee
    $60,976 Adjusted CAP cost.
    $828/mo.+ 5% tax = $870/mo.

Due at signing = 1st payment and DMV/dealer fees. $1500 maximum
    $10,500 for your trade - $1500 = $9000 check back to you.

Drive-off: Minus -$9000 (check to you)
    35 more payments of $870/mo.

The total cost the way I structured it is $2120 less over the full term of the lease than their quote.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you so much for your patience and responding with details. If I pay that $9000 as downpayment how much will be my monthly cost? Considering i pay less interest also I want to reduce the monthly cost.
    kirnik1 said:

Thank you so much for your patience and responding with details. If I pay that $9000 as downpayment how much will be my monthly cost? Considering i pay less interest also I want to reduce the monthly cost.

$603/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you !! Below is the response from the dealer - 
    “The money factory they are using is both for returning customers and using a security deposit, neither of we are using. 

IL Doc fee is 175.94
    I am using a WI use tax rate of 5.6% which is $19.62 per month
    Total sales taxes are $1196.35
    Plates, title and registration are $221

I understand you are trying to get the very best deal, however this is one of our best selling models.”

is that true what is he saying for MF? Again thank you for your patience much appreciated!!
    edited February 2018
    kirnik1 said:

Thank you !! Below is the response from the dealer - 
    “The money factory they are using is both for returning customers and using a security deposit, neither of we are using. 

IL Doc fee is 175.94
    I am using a WI use tax rate of 5.6% which is $19.62 per month
    Total sales taxes are $1196.35
    Plates, title and registration are $221

I understand you are trying to get the very best deal, however this is one of our best selling models.”

is that true what is he saying for MF? Again thank you for your patience much appreciated!!

It's true.. without a security deposit, the money factor would be .00205. With all the cash you are putting into the lease, it would be worth making a security deposit to lower the money factor to the base .00190. The part about being a returning customer may have some validity, as to having to make a security deposit to get the base rate, but anything higher than that is just a markup for the dealer to make more money.

However, the money factor you listed before isn't a valid number, so it's hard to know what money factor they are using. Ask them to disclose the actual money factor being used. It will only have five digits, after the decimal point. It's possible they are marking up the money factor enough to add $50/mo.+ to your payment.

The difference in tax rates is $5/mo. I estimated about $600 in fees vs. their $400, so that pretty much covers the $5/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks....the correct  MF is 0.00214. In your calculations I m getting $803 per month before taxes but I m not sure how you got $828...I took the adjusted capital cost to calculate the interest and lease amount.
    kirnik1 said:

Thanks....the correct  MF is 0.00214. In your calculations I m getting $803 per month before taxes but I m not sure how you got $828...I took the adjusted capital cost to calculate the interest and lease amount.

Using the MSRP and adjusted CAP that I listed, .00190 MF and 60% residual...
    $827.73/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hello,

The dealer came back to me with below numbers after negotiations. Can you tell me if this looks good?

estimating $11,000 for the trade
    Using $3,000 cap reduction
    First Payment, plates and doc fee
    2 refundable security deposits 
    $6,000 total ($5,000) check back to you

Audi Care
    Destination
    Acquisition

Included

36 Month lease
    12,000 miles per year
    $760.33 plus $41.82 use tax $802.15
    money factor is .001981
    residual $37,221
    adjusted cap $57,815.30
    kirnik1 said:

Hello,

The dealer came back to me with below numbers after negotiations. Can you tell me if this looks good?

Audi Care
    Destination
    Acquisition

Included

36 Month lease
    12,000 miles per year
    $760.33 plus $41.82 use tax $802.15
    money factor is .001981
    residual $37,221
    adjusted cap $57,815.30

So.. a $5000 check back to you
    Two refundable security deposits that you get back at lease end ($1700 total?)
    35 more payments of $802/mo?

Yes.. this is a good price for this vehicle.. The one thing they were honest about: This is one of their most popular models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Haha well said! Thank you so much without you I couldn’t have got the good deal, really appreciate your help !
    Hello,

Unfortunately the car that I wanted to lease is sold off...The other car which is available now has sticker price 65,345 includes prestige and sports package. Can you please let me know what is the good numbers on this like mf, residual, discount etc...for zip code 53705
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,902
    kirnik1 said:

Hello,

Unfortunately the car that I wanted to lease is sold off...The other car which is available now has sticker price 65,345 includes prestige and sports package. Can you please let me know what is the good numbers on this like mf, residual, discount etc...for zip code 53705

If this is still a Prestige trim, then the numbers from above still apply.

For Audi, we always recommend 6% off sticker, if you can get it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks, it has sports package as well..will that increase the residual value?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,902
    kirnik1 said:

Thanks, it has sports package as well..will that increase the residual value?

No - individual options and packages do not affect the numbers. Just the trim level (Premium Plus vs. Prestige)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

This is the new quote I got, can you please tell if this is good?

msrp-65,375

Audi Care
    Destination
    Acquisition

Included

36 Month lease
    12,000 miles per year
    $833.25 plus $45.83 use tax $879.08
    money factor is .001981
    residual $39,225
    adjusted cap $61,996

edited February 2018
    kirnik1 said:

This is the new quote I got, can you please tell if this is good?

msrp-65,375

Audi Care
    Destination
    Acquisition

Included

36 Month lease
    12,000 miles per year
    $833.25 plus $45.83 use tax $879.08
    money factor is .001981
    residual $39,225
    adjusted cap $61,996

What happened to the last deal at $802/mo.?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Unfortunately the car got sold off before we could finalize the deal...so this is for different vehicle has prestige and sports package
    Appreciate if you can tell me if the deal is good with the numbers I provided above
    kirnik1 said:

Appreciate if you can tell me if the deal is good with the numbers I provided above

Not compared to the last deal, it's not.

MSRP is just $2100 more, but the payment is $75/mo. more?

If it was a comparable deal, the payment would be $30/mo, more, max.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks...would you be able to tell me on what I can negotiate? As mf and residual he kept same...
    kirnik1 said:

Thanks...would you be able to tell me on what I can negotiate? As mf and residual he kept same...

Negotiate the price. $2100 higher MSRP, but the adjusted CAP is approximately $4000 higher than your other deal. (I'm just reading your post from before.... put them side by side and compare).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks he reduced 1200 more on the price...