Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

How to price a NEW 2016 Acura MDX

suharshsuharsh Member Posts: 33
edited February 2018 in Acura
I know it is Feb, 2018 but my dealer has a few new Acura 2016 MDX still in stock. Not sure if there was an issue with the 2016 MDX and therefore did not get sold or what. But how do I price these ... unless they come at heavy discount, don't see any reason why anyone would want to consider these.

Hoping someone has insights .. on how heavily such vehicles could get discounted for?!

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,242
    suharsh said:

I know it is Feb, 2018 but my dealer has a few new Acura 2016 MDX still in stock. Not sure if there was an issue with the 2016 MDX and therefore did not get sold or what. But how do I price these ... unless they come at heavy discount, don't see any reason why anyone would want to consider these.

Hoping someone has insights .. on how heavily such vehicles could get discounted for?!

Thanks in advance.

First, find out why it's still there. Lemon buy-back? Dropped off the truck, and repaired before delivery?

Assuming it's all okay, find out when the warranty started. If they've had it all along, they probably collected an incentive on it, at some point, and the warranty probably started then.

Then, just price it as a low-mileage used car. I don't give you much hope, because if it was realistically priced, why would they still have it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    suharshsuharsh Member Posts: 33
    kyfdx said:

suharsh said:

Thanks in advance.

First, find out why it's still there. Lemon buy-back? Dropped off the truck, and repaired before delivery?

Assuming it's all okay, find out when the warranty started. If they've had it all along, they probably collected an incentive on it, at some point, and the warranty probably started then.

Then, just price it as a low-mileage used car. I don't give you much hope, because if it was realistically priced, why would they still have it?
    Thanks for the insights. I will try to find out .. but your points got me a bit worried .. don't want to hang onto a bad car. I will update this thread if I decide to investigate and proceed further.