Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Mazda CX-5 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• garyh1garyh1 Member Posts: 394
    kyfdx said:

garyh1 said:

Looking at leasing for 36/10k a Grand Touring AWD either with or without the $1,395 Premium package in Baltimore, MD. What are the manufacturer's MF, RP and cash incentives? Is this the same as in the Washington, DC metro area? Also, Maryland taxes every lease payment at 6%. Do you know if that is considered in the Edmunds lease calculator if I enter a Maryland zip code? It doesn't seem to. Thanks.

.00018 MF and 57% residual for 36/15
    $200 lease cash

MD actually taxes the full selling price of the vehicle at 6%. (so, at least $50/mo. in tax) I doubt the lease calculator will properly account for taxes, considering the tax method in MD. Doesn't matter how DC taxes, as you'll pay taxes where you register the car.
    Thanks for the info on Maryland taxes - no wonder I was seeing much higher rates than the Calculator was showing!

The rest of your reply confused me. I was asking for 36/10k, NOT 36/15k. I am thinking the residual should be 61%, not 57%, right? And is the MF and $200 lease cash you mentioned true for both Baltimore and DC areas?
  • uscariocauscarioca Member Posts: 5
    What are residuals, MF, and deals for 2018 CX-5 Touring 72718? 36/12k.
    thanks
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    garyh1 said:

kyfdx said:

garyh1 said:

Looking at leasing for 36/10k a Grand Touring AWD either with or without the $1,395 Premium package in Baltimore, MD. What are the manufacturer's MF, RP and cash incentives? Is this the same as in the Washington, DC metro area? Also, Maryland taxes every lease payment at 6%. Do you know if that is considered in the Edmunds lease calculator if I enter a Maryland zip code? It doesn't seem to. Thanks.

.00018 MF and 57% residual for 36/15
    $200 lease cash

MD actually taxes the full selling price of the vehicle at 6%. (so, at least $50/mo. in tax) I doubt the lease calculator will properly account for taxes, considering the tax method in MD. Doesn't matter how DC taxes, as you'll pay taxes where you register the car.
    Thanks for the info on Maryland taxes - no wonder I was seeing much higher rates than the Calculator was showing!

The rest of your reply confused me. I was asking for 36/10k, NOT 36/15k. I am thinking the residual should be 61%, not 57%, right? And is the MF and $200 lease cash you mentioned true for both Baltimore and DC areas?
    60% for 36/10

The 2018 numbers are national.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

uscarioca said:

What are residuals, MF, and deals for 2018 CX-5 Touring 72718? 36/12k.
    thanks

.00018 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• chandoochandoo Member Posts: 1
    HI
    I am first time leasing that too mazda. i went to dealer nearby , below is what i got, please help me choose and decide.

below numbers are for 12000/m/per year

2018 cx5

TOURING With PACKAGE

0 Money down 349
    1000 down 320
    2000 down 291

With OUT PACKAGE

0 Money down 334
    1000 down 304
    2000 down 274

Available preferred equipment package
    Auto dimming mirror with homelink
    Auto on/off headlights
    Rain sense wipers
    Bose stereo 10 speaker surround sound
    Navigation
    Power moonroof
    Power lift gate
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    chandoo said:

HI
    I am first time leasing that too mazda. i went to dealer nearby , below is what i got, please help me choose and decide.

below numbers are for 12000/m/per year

2018 cx5

TOURING With PACKAGE

0 Money down 349
    1000 down 320
    2000 down 291

With OUT PACKAGE

0 Money down 334
    1000 down 304
    2000 down 274

Available preferred equipment package
    Auto dimming mirror with homelink
    Auto on/off headlights
    Rain sense wipers
    Bose stereo 10 speaker surround sound
    Navigation
    Power moonroof
    Power lift gate

We need:
    MSRP
    Selling price
    Adjusted CAP cost
    State
    Tax rate
    FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• greenpuppygreenpuppy Member Posts: 16
    chandoo said:
    HI I am first time leasing that too mazda. i went to dealer nearby , below is what i got, please help me choose and decide. below numbers are for 12000/m/per year 2018 cx5 TOURING With PACKAGE 0 Money down 349 1000 down 320 2000 down 291 With OUT PACKAGE 0 Money down 334 1000 down 304 2000 down 274 Available preferred equipment package Auto dimming mirror with homelink Auto on/off headlights Rain sense wipers Bose stereo 10 speaker surround sound Navigation Power moonroof Power lift gate
    Just so you know on 2018 cx5 the base touring already has auto headlights and auto wipers without the package, and navigation is available aftermarket for $99 as a chip you put into the SD reader. 
  • mdpatelmdpatel Member Posts: 14
    GT 12k/36 mo AWD
    GT 15k/36 mo AWD
    GT 12k/36mo FWD
    GT 15k/36mo FWD

Please and Thank you
    mdpatel said
    GT 12k/36 mo AWD
    GT 15k/36 mo AWD
    GT 12k/36mo FWD
    GT 15k/36mo FWD

Please and Thank you
    MF and RV
    mdpatel said:

mdpatel said

GT 12k/36 mo AWD
    GT 15k/36 mo AWD
    GT 12k/36mo FWD
    GT 15k/36mo FWD

Please and Thank you

MF and RV

36/15
    .00018 and 58% (FWD) or 57% (AWD)
    Add 2% for 12K
    $200 lease cash on AWD only

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    mdpatel said
    GT 12k/36 mo AWD
    GT 15k/36 mo AWD
    GT 12k/36mo FWD
    GT 15k/36mo FWD

Please and Thank you
    MF and RV
    36/15 .00018 and 58% (FWD) or 57% (AWD) Add 2% for 12K $200 lease cash on AWD only
    Why is the residual higher on FWD? I always thought it was the opposite.
    mdpatel said:

Michaell said:

mdpatel said:

mdpatel said

GT 12k/36 mo AWD
    GT 15k/36 mo AWD
    GT 12k/36mo FWD
    GT 15k/36mo FWD

Please and Thank you

MF and RV
    36/15
    Add 2% for 12K

Why is the residual higher on FWD? I always thought it was the opposite.

We don't make the numbers; we just report on them.

No rhyme or reason to how residuals are established - just set to help set a payment that will move inventory.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mcmikersonmcmikerson Member Posts: 3
    Hello. You all are great! Looking for RV/MF for the following in Richmond, Virginia (23221):

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium Package

36/15
    36/12

24/15
    24/12

MSRP $34400
    Sale Price 32000

Good price? Any incentives?

Would the base MF be for those with the best credit scores, or can you get a discount from the base for having an excellent score?

Thanks a lot. A quick response would be appreciated :smile:

Hello. You all are great! Looking for RV/MF for the following in Richmond, Virginia (23221):

2018 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD Premium Package

36/15
    36/12

24/15
    24/12

MSRP $34400
    Sale Price 32000

Good price? Any incentives?

Would the base MF be for those with the best credit scores, or can you get a discount from the base for having an excellent score?

Thanks a lot. A quick response would be appreciated :smile:

36/15
    .00018 MF and 57% residual
    Add 2% for 12K/yr
    $200 lease cash
    That is the top tier money factor
    24 month terms aren't feasible.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mcmikersonmcmikerson Member Posts: 3
    Thank you. Much appreciated.
    Mazda dealer is saying the deposition fee, acquisition fee cannot ever be removed or negotiated out of the deal. Is this true?

Also, dealers are saying the "true car" price is based on purchases and do not apply to leases. Is this true? If so, how do I know if I'm getting a good deal?

I live in the bay area in California. The 2018 Mazda CX-5 GT FWD with premium package MSRP is $32,015 with sales price of $29,120. I think they can do better....What you guys think?
    mdpatel said:

Mazda dealer is saying the deposition fee, acquisition fee cannot ever be removed or negotiated out of the deal. Is this true?

Also, dealers are saying the "true car" price is based on purchases and do not apply to leases. Is this true? If so, how do I know if I'm getting a good deal?

I live in the bay area in California. The 2018 Mazda CX-5 GT FWD with premium package MSRP is $32,015 with sales price of $29,120. I think they can do better....What you guys think?

That's true... but, of course, the disposition fee isn't charged until lease end.

TrueCar? Possibly true. That isn't our website.

$2900 looks like a pretty big discount, if that's the price for leasing.
    What is the payment and amount Due at Signing on that deal?

14 pages in this discussion.. Take some time to read and find out what other members are paying.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

That's true... but, of course, the disposition fee isn't charged until lease end. TrueCar? Possibly true. That isn't our website. $2900 looks like a pretty big discount, if that's the price for leasing. What is the payment and amount Due at Signing on that deal? 14 pages in this discussion.. Take some time to read and find out what other members are paying.
    They are using a higher .00068 money factor which annoyed me. Their numbers actually don't make any sense. I am going to shop around at other dealers.

He said that the finance guys have to make money. If he does a .00018 factor they dont. I think it's all sales talk. 
  • mirado0424mirado0424 Member Posts: 12
    This is what I have worked out with my dealership. I’m putting 3500 cash down, and I have 6000 dollars or so in negative equity which is why cap cost reduction is negative. They are saying 379 a month for 36/10 including gap. Does this look like a good deal? Touring base FWD. Thanks
    mdpatel said:

kyfdx said:

That's true... but, of course, the disposition fee isn't charged until lease end.

TrueCar? Possibly true. That isn't our website.

$2900 looks like a pretty big discount, if that's the price for leasing.
    What is the payment and amount Due at Signing on that deal?

14 pages in this discussion.. Take some time to read and find out what other members are paying.

They are using a higher .00068 money factor which annoyed me. Their numbers actually don't make any sense. I am going to shop around at other dealers.

He said that the finance guys have to make money. If he does a .00018 factor they dont. I think it's all sales talk. 

Yeah.. tell them you won't agree to a marked up money factor, and it's not your business or concern on how they split up the commission. You are buying a car, not the F&I office's services. They may as well ask you to chip in on the electric bill.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This is what I have worked out with my dealership. I’m putting 3500 cash down, and I have 6000 dollars or so in negative equity which is why cap cost reduction is negative. They are saying 379 a month for 36/10 including gap. Does this look like a good deal? Touring base FWD. Thanks

All Mazda leases already include GAP, so don't buy GAP.

The numbers are correct...

The $6000 of negative equity is adding $172/mo. to your deal. Why trade now?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mirado0424mirado0424 Member Posts: 12
    kyfdx said:
    All Mazda leases already include GAP, so don't buy GAP. The numbers are correct... The $6000 of negative equity is adding $172/mo. to your deal. Why trade now?
    Getting out of a car I haven’t had long that I can’t stand to get an SUV that I need space for. Lease seems the best way to dump negative equity. I just want to make sure this was a decent deal

kyfdx said:

All Mazda leases already include GAP, so don't buy GAP.

The numbers are correct...

The $6000 of negative equity is adding $172/mo. to your deal. Why trade now?

Getting out of a car I haven’t had long that I can’t stand to get an SUV that I need space for. Lease seems the best way to dump negative equity. I just want to make sure this was a decent deal

The deal looks fine... of course, we can't know if you are getting a good trade deal on your current vehicle. I'd learn to love it for $6000.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just want to thank the Moderators for their assistance in giving me the knowledge that enabled me to make an excellent deal for my daughter on a beautiful Machine Gray Metallic CX-5 AWD Grand Touring with Premium Package. The first dealer we went to tried to apply the wrong MF and RV, and didn't include the $200 lease incentive. When I pointed out the errors, he insisted he was right and I was wrong. He said Edmunds doesn't know anything. He then showed me a printout and said, "this is the actual information from Mazda!" I then showed him where it said at the top "2017 MY CX-5", and he went back to print out the 2018 MY sheet. He then comes back with the MY 2018 printout, and shows me where it says ".00018 MF and 60% RV". I pointed out that this is exactly what I had told him, and he finally had to admit that I was correct and he was wrong!

I ended up doing an excellent deal with another dealer in the Maryland suburbs of DC who used the right lease rates, had the car in stock, and gave me a good discount (about 8%) off of MSRP for the selling price. All told, I let them make a little bit of money (I am no longer at the point in my life when I have to leave nothing on the table for the salesman/manager, as long as it is a good deal). Came out to $340/mo. with $2K down on a 36/10K lease, and a pleasant experience. The first dealer lost the deal despite the salesman doing a good job, simply because the sales manager (whether intentionally or not) screwed around with the numbers, starting by asking for over $440/mo.

By the way, all optioned out (including head's-up onscreen display), the is one helluva great car that is fairly priced. As a longtime luxury brand buyer, I have to say I am really impressed with the job Mazda has done on this car. And my daughter is thrilled!
    garyh1 said:

Just want to thank the Moderators for their assistance in giving me the knowledge that enabled me to make an excellent deal for my daughter on a beautiful Machine Gray Metallic CX-5 AWD Grand Touring with Premium Package. The first dealer we went to tried to apply the wrong MF and RV, and didn't include the $200 lease incentive. When I pointed out the errors, he insisted he was right and I was wrong. He said Edmunds doesn't know anything. He then showed me a printout and said, "this is the actual information from Mazda!" I then showed him where it said at the top "2017 MY CX-5", and he went back to print out the 2018 MY sheet. He then comes back with the MY 2018 printout, and shows me where it says ".00018 MF and 60% RV". I pointed out that this is exactly what I had told him, and he finally had to admit that I was correct and he was wrong!

I ended up doing an excellent deal with another dealer in the Maryland suburbs of DC who used the right lease rates, had the car in stock, and gave me a good discount (about 8%) off of MSRP for the selling price. All told, I let them make a little bit of money (I am no longer at the point in my life when I have to leave nothing on the table for the salesman/manager, as long as it is a good deal). Came out to $340/mo. with $2K down on a 36/10K lease, and a pleasant experience. The first dealer lost the deal despite the salesman doing a good job, simply because the sales manager (whether intentionally or not) screwed around with the numbers, starting by asking for over $440/mo.

By the way, all optioned out (including head's-up onscreen display), the is one helluva great car that is fairly priced. As a longtime luxury brand buyer, I have to say I am really impressed with the job Mazda has done on this car. And my daughter is thrilled!

Congrats on the new Mazda!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

garyh1 said:

I should point out that the $340 monthly lease payment includes over $52 of taxes. As kyfdx explained a few days ago, Maryland is one of a handful of states which charge a sales tax (of 6%) on the whole Selling Price upfront, which is then typically rolled into the lease. So even if you use only 40% of the value of the car in 3 years (60% residual), you pay taxes on the entire value of the car. As one salesman pointed out to me, that's fine if you buy the car at the end of the lease because then there is no tax on the end purchase, but that's not my intention. So to compare to other states, the lease cost net of tax was about $288/mo. on an MSRP of $33,615.
    garyh1 said:

kyfdx said:

garyh1 said:

I should point out that the $340 monthly lease payment includes over $52 of taxes. As kyfdx explained a few days ago, Maryland is one of a handful of states which charge a sales tax (of 6%) on the whole Selling Price upfront, which is then typically rolled into the lease. So even if you use only 40% of the value of the car in 3 years (60% residual), you pay taxes on the entire value of the car. As one salesman pointed out to me, that's fine if you buy the car at the end of the lease because then there is no tax on the end purchase, but that's not my intention. So to compare to other states, the lease cost net of tax was about $288/mo. on an MSRP of $33,615.
    There are only a few states that do this, which makes leasing disadvantageous. Still, I'm sure you and your daughter like the new Mazda. I have a friend here in Denver who test drove one, and I was fortunate enough to ride along. Yes, quite full of tech for the price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tomleeetomleee Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2018
    do you have the lease number for March yet?

I'm looking for lease numbers on 12/36 and 15/36 for AWD Grand Touring at zip 98006

Thanks
    tomleee said:

do you have the lease number for March yet?

I'm looking for lease numbers on 12/36 and 15/36 for AWD Grand Touring at zip 98006

Thanks

.00018 MF and 59%/57% residual
    $200 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• hannanaqhannanaq Member Posts: 8
    Hi, do you have the lease numbers for 10/36 and 12/36 on AWD Touring model at zip 98033?

Thanks!
    hannanaq said:

Hi, do you have the lease numbers for 10/36 and 12/36 on AWD Touring model at zip 98033?

Thanks!

.00018 MF and 61%/60% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mconte05mconte05 Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2018
    Could I get an updated MF and Residual on a 24/15 and 36/15 for the GT FWD? For 63303

Thanks!
    mconte05 said:

Could I get an updated MF and Residual on a 24/15 and 36/15 for the GT FWD? For 63303

Thanks!

.00175 and 70%
    .00018 and 58%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• noclevername15noclevername15 Member Posts: 1
    Can I get March MF and Residual on a 36/10 for the Grand Touring AWD in NYC area. Thanks very much

Can I get March MF and Residual on a 36/10 for the Grand Touring AWD in NYC area. Thanks very much

.00018 and 60%
    $200 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• alexfrnchalexfrnch Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2018
    May I request numbers for Phoenix, AZ
    1. All Wheel Drive Grand Touring with all packages
    2. RWD GT
    $15K/36mo
  • fuzzzyhansfuzzzyhans Member Posts: 14
    Hi all,

Do you have March numbers for AWD Touring and GT for 36/39 @ 12K in 02482? Also, the maximum marked up MF as well? Is it still an additional 0.0005?

Thank you.
    alexfrnch said:

May I request numbers for Phoenix, AZ
    1. All Wheel Drive Grand Touring with all packages
    2. RWD GT
    $15K/36mo

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi all,

Do you have March numbers for AWD Touring and GT for 36/39 @ 12K in 02482? Also, the maximum marked up MF as well? Is it still an additional 0.0005?

Thank you.

Skip the 39 month numbers for March.

.00018 and 60% (Touring) or 59% (GT)
    $200 lease cash on GT only
    Yes, .00050 is max MF markup allowed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• newcarsmell11newcarsmell11 Member Posts: 2
    Can you help me with the MF and Residual on 36/12 for the FWD/AWD GT in 94085? Any lease incentives? Thank you!
  • alexfrnchalexfrnch Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2018
    Could you please clarify what "MF mark up allowed" means? Thank you in advance for all your help.

Can you help me with the MF and Residual on 36/12 for the FWD/AWD GT in 94085? Any lease incentives? Thank you!

.00018 and 60% (FWD) or 59% (AWD)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

alexfrnch said:

Could you please clarify what "MF mark up allowed" means? Thank you in advance for all your help.

It means the dealer can increase the MF by as much as .00050 for extra profit to them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• tlafleurtlafleur Member Posts: 11
    Hi, do you have the lease numbers for 12/24 and 12/36 on AWD Touring model at zip 01907?

Thanks!
    tlafleur said:

Hi, do you have the lease numbers for 12/24 and 12/36 on AWD Touring model at zip 01907?

Thanks!

.00175 and 71%
    .00018 and 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• rmelarmela Member Posts: 1
    Hi, can you tell me the Money Factor and Residual for a Mazda CX-5 2018 with Preferred Package 36 month/12k in NJ. Thank You
    rmela said:

Hi, can you tell me the Money Factor and Residual for a Mazda CX-5 2018 with Preferred Package 36 month/12k in NJ. Thank You

What trim level?

FWD or AWD?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• billybaroobillybaroo Member Posts: 53
    MF RV for Touring FWD/AWD and GT FWD/AWD (no packages) 24/12 & 36/12 for 92075. Also the incentives please. Thanks!

MF RV for Touring FWD/AWD and GT FWD/AWD (no packages) 24/12 & 36/12 for 92075. Also the incentives please. Thanks!

36/12
    .00018 MF and 60% residual for all trims except GT AWD (59% residual)
    $200 lease cash on GT AWD only

24 month term numbers aren't worth considering.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• comicsvstoyscomicsvstoys Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I've attached 2 lease quotes I received from my local dealer (Los Angeles area). It's an AWD GT 2018 with accessories ($2,046 worth) added on. Left quote is for 36/15,000, right is for 36/12,000. She says they won't go lower on the monthly payments. Any advice? Thank you in advance.