Lease on a new 2017?

jegre123jegre123 Member Posts: 23
edited March 2018 in BMW
I'm in Chicagoland looking to lease a new 2017 BMW 440i Gran Coupe xDrive. What should I expect as MF and residual? Assuming it should be attractive as I'm clearing out their old inventory. Thanks!

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 199,136
    jegre123 said:

    I'm in Chicagoland looking to lease a new 2017 BMW 440i Gran Coupe xDrive. What should I expect as MF and residual? Assuming it should be attractive as I'm clearing out their old inventory. Thanks!

    .00156 MF and 54% residual for 36/15
    $3000 lease credit

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jegre123jegre123 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks you - they discounted the price from $60k to $53K, would I be able to take the $3k lease credit on top of that?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 199,136
    jegre123 said:

    Thanks you - they discounted the price from $60k to $53K, would I be able to take the $3k lease credit on top of that?

    You'd have to ask the dealer if they included the lease credit.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jegre123jegre123 Member Posts: 23
    Now looking at a 2018 BMW 440i xdrive gran coupe. Has 5,000 miles on it (was a demo), they will lease. Has Luxury package, Essentials package, executive package and premium package. Can you provide MF and RV for 36/15? Car located in area code 60010. Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 199,136
    edited March 2018
    jegre123 said:

    Now looking at a 2018 BMW 440i xdrive gran coupe. Has 5,000 miles on it (was a demo), they will lease. Has Luxury package, Essentials package, executive package and premium package. Can you provide MF and RV for 36/15? Car located in area code 60010. Thanks!

    .00156 MF and 54% residual
    $3000 lease credit
    Does it have 5000+ miles, or 49XX miles? That 5000 mile cutoff is very important, when it comes to residual reduction.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jegre123jegre123 Member Posts: 23
    It had 4,829 miles but they have another customer on an "extended test drive" who has had the car since the weekend. Not sure how many miles they will put on but my guess is that it will be over 5k when it returns.
  • jegre123jegre123 Member Posts: 23
    I also don;t have the details of the lease (like MF or RV) but they offered a lease of 36/12, $5k down, $534.87/month. Sound good?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 199,136
    jegre123 said:

    It had 4,829 miles but they have another customer on an "extended test drive" who has had the car since the weekend. Not sure how many miles they will put on but my guess is that it will be over 5k when it returns.

    If that's the case, they really screwed up.... the residual drops by 4%, if it goes over 5000 miles.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 199,136
    jegre123 said:

    I also don;t have the details of the lease (like MF or RV) but they offered a lease of 36/12, $5k down, $534.87/month. Sound good?

    What is the original MSRP?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • jegre123jegre123 Member Posts: 23
    $62,105
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 199,136
    jegre123 said:

    $62,105

    36/12
    Assuming 4900 miles
    .00156 MF and 54.03% residual (accounting for mileage)

    To get to $535/mo, need an adjusted CAP cost of approx $48,200.

    $5000 upfront?
    $535 payment
    $925 acquisition fee
    $300 IL DMV fees (estimate)
    $1600 tax (estimate)
    $1640 CAP reduction (estimate)

    Adding the CAP reduction and the $3000 incentive back to the adjusted CAP, gives us an approx sale price of $52,840. That's a discount of $9265, or about 15% off MSRP.

    That looks pretty good for a demo/loaner.
    With just $2000 upfront, the payment would be $622/mo.
    No point in putting that much upfront on a lease. Less upfront and higher monthly payment.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.