Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Got approved - dealer now asking for $4k when MBfinancial did not

slavikeslavike Member Posts: 1
edited March 2018 in Mercedes-Benz
Hi -
Working with Local dealer in Cleveland.
GLC - all the works - dealer loaner.
MSRP was $53,000 - they gave me a discount to get it down $45,776 since it was a loner with 3K.
Got approved by MBFinancial. $532/month.
Won't provide me with the specs despite a few asks. -
Originally I was $1200 for first month and fees down.
Today, came back and said they needed $4k down now due to show I had "skin in the game".
I called mercedes financial who stated they require a security deposit -went back to dealer and now they are saying they have to get another approval so I don't need security deposit.
How do I get the file financial spec from them - the sales person won't get back to me now that I called out he phony security deposit bit.
I want the car - and I need a new one asap.
Any advice helpful!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,543
    slavike said:

Hi -
    Working with Local dealer in Cleveland.
    GLC - all the works - dealer loaner.
    MSRP was $53,000 - they gave me a discount to get it down $45,776 since it was a loner with 3K.
    Got approved by MBFinancial. $532/month.
    Won't provide me with the specs despite a few asks. -
    Originally I was $1200 for first month and fees down.
    Today, came back and said they needed $4k down now due to show I had "skin in the game".
    I called mercedes financial who stated they require a security deposit -went back to dealer and now they are saying they have to get another approval so I don't need security deposit.
    How do I get the file financial spec from them - the sales person won't get back to me now that I called out he phony security deposit bit.
    I want the car - and I need a new one asap.
    Any advice helpful!

I'm surprised that MBFS gave you any information, at all. They aren't your friend, as they are in business with the dealer.

If you've been approved, your down payment has nothing to do with it. They are just trying to jack up the price. I'd get some alternatives in mind, rather than deal with someone that can't stick to a price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Advice? kyfdx couldn't have said it any better! threaten to unwind the deal and see what happens.