Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Replaced BCM and ECM still no cluster , resoldered , still dead???Fuses all good.

bsalisburybsalisbury Member Posts: 2
edited March 2018 in Dodge
Ac, rear wiper ,rear defroster, heater temp control won't let me turn it down, ac won't turn on, Instrument cluster speedo, tach ,fuel gauge temp gauge all jump when key is turned on but that's all..Gear selector and mileage light up until after starting then go blank. Gear selector changes to correct gear when only ignition is turned on before starting. What else can I look for???

Answers

• Options
    bsalisburybsalisbury Member Posts: 2
    It's a 2000 Dodge Grand caravan
  • Options
    0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    With all the things listed that are not working, you have to first determine if they are all tied together or separate. If you checked all the fuses, relays and fuse links and they all check out okay, then the other suspect would be the body control module or BCM.
    Check battery connections and work your way to the dash checking connections for power.
    Have the vehicle scanned with a scanner capable of pulling BCM codes. Most generic scanners can't.

I would mean towards a bad ground, a broken visible link, possibly by the battery or alternator on that vehicle or a bad BCM.

This type of problem often requires a lot of experience with electrical and diagnostics.
    And time. The time to eliminate other things as the problem.

If you understand wiring diagrams and are fairly knowledgeable in automotive electrical, then a few parts stores are carrying automotive service information systems and might be able to print out the wiring diagrams for a small fee.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Should say, I would lean towards a bad ground, a broken fusible link, possibly by the battery or alternator on that vehicle or a bad BCM.