Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What should I do about my vehicle situation?

pure_hppure_hp Member Posts: 23
edited March 2018 in General
I need some advice on what to do and I need it rather quickly. I have a 2016 Honda Odyssey that I'm leasing and no longer have a need for it, plus the lease payments are extremely high so I need to find a way to get out of it without penalty. I've thought about swap-a-lease and lease trader but I'm afraid because of the lease amount ($500+/mo) no one will want it. To make matters worse, it's 3yr/36k lease that started on 12/17/16 and I already have 21k miles on it. Should I try to go the swap-a-lease/leasetrader route or should I go back to Honda to see what they can do about moving me into a lower payment vehicle.......or another dealership altogether? Thank you in advance for your help. :)

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    I know, that's my fear. :( I have another vehicle, just do not need this one.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    pure_hp said:

I know, that's my fear. :( I have another vehicle, just do not need this one.

Then, you don't have to worry about the mileage, right?

So, keep both, until your mileage is under control, then ditch the other one... or, ride out the lease. You'll at least get use out of the $10K you have left on your lease payments. If you try to get out of it, you may lose $5000+ for nothing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I can't afford the payments, that's the first problem. The second problem is that if I were to get it up on lease trader or swap a lease, it'll probably only be good for about 500 or so miles a month to end the lease as close to the 36k mileage amount as possible to avoid mileage penalties. So, that's the squeeze I'm in; can't afford the monthly payments and I'm well over on mileage to do much at this point.
  • Options
    I do, I'll do that, thanks!
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    Be advised that some captive finance companies don't allow lease assumptions; can't tell you if HFS does or not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4