Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda CR-V Price Deals and Buying Experience

Comments

• genius85genius85 Member Posts: 11
    jasiv63 said:

@jasiv63 what exterior and interior colors are you going with? and what trim? the one you did test drive sounds like it has an defect! good luck report back when you can to let us all no!

I went with white exterior and black interior. I looked at gray/ivory interior in person, and seems to me that they will get dirty easily, cuz I remember seeing a small stain already for one of the silver interior car that's in stock.

The one I tested drive was fine, just the air con had problem I guess. The sales person say he will get ppl to check up on it. But it wasn't the one I am buying, mine works fine.

I picked up my car yesterday, my salesperson just popped the hood and tested the battery in front of me, and then we sat inside and he taught me how to set up my phone connection. That's all, I thought we would run over the exterior of the car but nope. Anyway, I did a brief check myself of the exterior.
    You must be enjoying your new ride.

I've also finalized my deal. Dealer didn't have my choice of color in stock so they promised to locate and arrange in 48 hrs. So I'm expecting to get it by 2/27.

The OTD price I got is $30,833 for CRV-EXL AWD with UV theft protection. Initially they were charging $249 for it but I told them I won't pay for it. I wanted to include wheel locks, again they're charging $125+tax for it. So I'll try to get it for free once I get my vehicle.

I'll share complete breakdown in coming days. Stay tuned :)
  • eejlee70eejlee70 Member Posts: 9
    Just brought home, 2018 CRV AWD Touring
    Sticker + Dealer Accessories - $37,024 MSRP
    Initial discounted Price Offered - $32,735
    Final negotiated Price - $31,235+DMV+Tax

Just shop around and be firm on your own numbers.
  • tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
    @jasiv63 nice exterior and interior color you got and congrads on the new car!
    @eejlee70 congrads on the new car!
  • eejlee70eejlee70 Member Posts: 9
    eejlee70 said:

Update on my purchase.
    After bringing the car home last week, the next day CRV's engine started to make strange "whirling" sounds when the accelerator was engaged at any speeds.

Next day, brought it back to the dealer. Master tech verified the issue.
    Asked to leave the car with them, got a loaner, went home.

Received a call late afternoon, informing me they opened a Techline case with Honda.

That's all I needed to hear, "Techline" for a car with less than 100 miles on it.

Immediately went to the dealer, asked for the GM.

Long story short, I returned the CRV and drove home with 2018 Accord 2.0T Touring as a even swap.
    MSRP 38K.

So far, Accord astounds me!
  • jfly77jfly77 Member Posts: 22
    Is this a good price or not? From Tenafly, NJ (Bergen County)

2018 Honda CR-V LX AWD

Sale Price - $24,668
    Documentation - $399
    NJ Sales Tax - (6.625%) $1,660.68
    Tire Tax - $7.50
    DMV/Plates - Estimated at $401

Total out the door - $27,136.18

• nathan1234nathan1234 Member Posts: 31
    jfly77 said:
    Is this a good price or not? From Tenafly, NJ (Bergen County) 2018 Honda CR-V LX AWD Sale Price - $24,668 Documentation - $399 NJ Sales Tax - (6.625%) $1,660.68 Tire Tax - $7.50 DMV/Plates - Estimated at $401 Total out the door - $27,136.18
    You should really look into the EX if you can afford it. It adds so much for not that much more money. 
  • jvega08jvega08 Member Posts: 10
    eejlee70 said:

eejlee70 said:

Update on my purchase.
    After bringing the car home last week, the next day CRV's engine started to make strange "whirling" sounds when the accelerator was engaged at any speeds.

Received a call late afternoon, informing me they opened a Techline case with Honda.

That's all I needed to hear, "Techline" for a car with less than 100 miles on it.

Long story short, I returned the CRV and drove home with 2018 Accord 2.0T Touring as a even swap.
    MSRP 38K.

Wow! So glad the dealer was able to accommodate a swap. Usually dealers don't do exchange. Curious what is the swirling noise?
  • jikjik Member Posts: 144
    jvega08 said:

eejlee70 said:

eejlee70 said:

Update on my purchase.

MSRP 38K.

Wow! So glad the dealer was able to accommodate a swap. Usually dealers don't do exchange. Curious what is the swirling noise?
    just wow ... I have never heard a story like this...
    I assume that new cars are made perfectly by Honda. I found the first glitch in my understanding when I found differences in test driving new vehicles and had to switch at last moment when I bought clarity recently.
  • chris618chris618 Member Posts: 19
    genius85 said:
    After getting quotes from around 10 dealerships. The best OTD quote I have received is $31,200 in NJ for EX-L trim. I think this is good quote. I'm trying to negotiate more. Guys, what is your opinion. Should I go with this price or wait for the month end which is next week to give a last shoot.
    Could you tell me which dealership you purchased this from? 
    @eejlee70 you did get an bad car does happen with all makes glad the dealer was able to do an swop with you so quickly with no isues usally does not work like that so happy for you what color is the Acord you got?
  • boooey1boooey1 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Hi guys,
    Looking at an EX FWD for approx $25,800 + TAX OTD. (it was between the CRV-EX and Subaru Crosstrek Limited)
    Pretty sure thats a very competitive price based on what i am reading.

Also, what are you guys doing about extended warranty?
    thanks!
  • sk032013sk032013 Member Posts: 31
    edited March 2018
    I bought 2018 CRV EXL a month ago, During our purchase Sales guy told us that he got the exact car we were looking for and during negotiation we realized that car has around 450 miles on it when we argued he mentioned that he car was driven from another dealer (I realized they lied about it later when i found pamphlet of the original dealer which is just few miles away) and he offered discount when we were trying to back off.
    After reading the above post where CRV was swapped for Accord 2.0T. I am skeptical if dealer sold me a car which was returned by customer who didn't like it or there was problem with it and later they got it fixed by Manufacturer Honda.

In the paperwork i got car was mentioned as 'New' using which i got my car financed.

My question is, What are the chances that they might have sold me car which was retuned by another customer.. Appreciate your response and thanks for your time.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    sk032013 said:
    I bought 2018 CRV EXL a month ago, During our purchase Sales guy told us that he got the exact car we were looking for and during negotiation we realized that car has around 450 miles on it when we argued he mentioned that he car was driven from another dealer (I realized they lied about it later when i found pamphlet of the original dealer which is just few miles away) and he offered discount when we were trying to back off. After reading the above post where CRV was swapped for Accord 2.0T. I am skeptical if dealer sold me a car which was returned by customer who didn't like it or there was problem with it and later they got it fixed by Manufacturer Honda. In the paperwork i got car was mentioned as 'New' using which i got my car financed. My question is, What are the chances that they might have sold me car which was retuned by another customer.. Appreciate your response and thanks for your time.
    if there's no issues with your car, why worry about it? If you're unhappy with the dealer then just don't use them for service. Or if there's a dealer decal or license plate frame for advertising, remove them. Enjoy the car. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    sk032013 said:

I bought 2018 CRV EXL a month ago, During our purchase Sales guy told us that he got the exact car we were looking for and during negotiation we realized that car has around 450 miles on it when we argued he mentioned that he car was driven from another dealer (I realized they lied about it later when i found pamphlet of the original dealer which is just few miles away) and he offered discount when we were trying to back off.
    After reading the above post where CRV was swapped for Accord 2.0T. I am skeptical if dealer sold me a car which was returned by customer who didn't like it or there was problem with it and later they got it fixed by Manufacturer Honda.

In the paperwork i got car was mentioned as 'New' using which i got my car financed.

My question is, What are the chances that they might have sold me car which was retuned by another customer.. Appreciate your response and thanks for your time.

Almost zero.. If a car has been titled, it can't be sold as new.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jasiv63jasiv63 Member Posts: 8
    jfly77 said:

Is this a good price or not? From Tenafly, NJ (Bergen County)

2018 Honda CR-V LX AWD

Sale Price - $24,668
    Documentation - $399
    NJ Sales Tax - (6.625%) $1,660.68
    Tire Tax - $7.50
    DMV/Plates - Estimated at $401

Total out the door - $27,136.18

Would really recommend to get an EX model, with blind spot monitor and Honda features.

I think you can definitely cut another $500 off sale price.

I got $25,500 sale price for mine, 2018 CR-V EX 2WD
    With a rough estimate, the different btw EX and LX is $2800, and the different btw 2WD and AWD is $1400.
    So $25,500 - $2800 + $1400 = $24,100 for your sales price.
    I know this is probably not the way to calculate it, but I think it can be a reference.
    So maybe you can give it a last shot at the dealer asking for maybe OTD $26,500 and ask them to take it or you walk off, I think they will most likely take it. If not, call 1~2 more dealers around your place, tell them straight if they would take the offer of $26,500, if they will you will go sign it right away.
  • rmsokratesrmsokrates Member Posts: 8
    Looking to buy 2018 CR-V in Maryland, lowest price I have found for EX-L (AWD) is 27,059, OTD 30,314.04. Is this a good price?
  • boooey1boooey1 Member Posts: 2

Looking to buy 2018 CR-V in Maryland, lowest price I have found for EX-L (AWD) is 27,059, OTD 30,314.04. Is this a good price?

This price sounds really good to me. I was getting quotes of $25k for EX FWD.. So 2k more for Leather and AWD sounds like a really good deal
  • tcuz1010tcuz1010 Member Posts: 2
    Hi rmsokrates, can you provide the name of the MD dealer that offered a CRV EXL (AWD) for 27,059? Does that include destination and handling?
  • paramount13paramount13 Member Posts: 18

Has anyone bought or shopped for the dealer-installed backup warning sensors as part of your deal? The list price for the part alone is around $500 (though available cheaper online). What is a fair price for this item installed?

Giving this a bump. Anyone have any info?
  • cartoonfancartoonfan Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2018
    I live in NJ area. I got a quote of 29200 Out of door prize for 2018 Honda crv EX all wheel drive including some accessories such as all season. Mates, wheel locks, splash guard and door edge guard. Is this a good deal?
  • admin33admin33 Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy 2018 CRV-EX here in Houston area.

I have contacted all the dealers over here and so far the least price that i got is around 27,600 out of door price. Which other dealers are saying cannot be possible and not even offering to match the price. Price from others range between 28,100-28,400.

I have specifically asked all dealers not to include any dealers installed packages/accessories.
    IS there any package worth taking? any maintenance packages, sounds like too much sensors and electronics.?

Is this a good price? around this zip 77429? or is something unheard of, and i am getting tricked.

I don't understand posts that state the OUT THE DOOR price, and then ask for feedback. If these OTD prices include tax and fees, how can one judge since every state/county has different taxes and fees? What is so difficult about posting a price BEFORE tax/fees/accessories are added? Then we can judge. Am I nuts?
  • nooneegnooneeg Member Posts: 2
    Thinking 2018 crv exl awd. Found out there might be a problem of overfilled oil level with a gas smell on CarComplaints. Seems pretty serious and might be an engine design problem.  What do you guys think?
  • admin33admin33 Member Posts: 2
    admin33 said:

I have contacted all the dealers over here and so far the least price that i got is around 27,600 out of door price. Which other dealers are saying cannot be possible and not even offering to match the price. Price from others range between 28,100-28,400.

I have specifically asked all dealers not to include any dealers installed packages/accessories.
    IS there any package worth taking? any maintenance packages, sounds like too much sensors and electronics.?

Is this a good price? around this zip 77429? or is something unheard of, and i am getting tricked.

Tax rate in Texas is 6.25 and around 200 for (License and title fees)
    I live in NJ area. I got a quote of 29200 Out of door prize for 2018 Honda crv EX all wheel drive including some accessories such as all season. Mates, wheel locks, splash guard and door edge guard. Is this a good deal?

MSRP 26500 
    Tax 6.6% (1749)
    Doc fee 399
    Other DMV and few accessories like splash guard, door edge guard, all season mates $552
    Total OTD 29200

Can I get feedback on this.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221

MSRP 26500 
    Tax 6.6% (1749)
    Doc fee 399
    Other DMV and few accessories like splash guard, door edge guard, all season mates $552
    Total OTD 29200

Can I get feedback on this.

$26,500 is the MSRP?

No discount?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

It was 27675. After discount they offered 26500
    admin33 said:

admin33 said:

Tax rate in Texas is 6.25 and around 200 for (License and title fees)
    Sounds like really good deal to me.
  • betz1016betz1016 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,

It's my first time to buy a new car. I live in NJ. I am looking at 2018 CRV EXL AWD out of the door price is $30,0036.38 and for EXL with navigation it is $32,532.48. Can I negotiate a little bit more?
  • tcuz1010tcuz1010 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    Hi @betz1016 , I'm also looking at a 2018 CRV EXL AWD in NJ. Can you provide the dealer that provided you the out the door price? Do you have a breakdown on how much the selling price (w/c includes destination/handling), and how much their documentation fee. Taxes and title for the most part will be the same. the $30K looks like a good price.
    I'm going nuts with these out the door prices. Can't anyone post a price BEFORE taxes and fees are added? What's so difficult?
    Hi @betz1016
    Can you please share details of NJ dealer who offered you EXL AWD otd for $30,00036.38
  • ph2ph2 Member Posts: 14
    CRV ex 2wd with about 600$ in accessories....around 28k OTD state of Georgia...Is this a good deal? seems like it based on previous prices...before taxes and fees priced around 25k ...msrp 27925
  • asinegaasinega Member Posts: 1
    Not sure how I did but here it is:
    Ex AWD
    Base price : ~25700
    Tag and Titling: ~300
    Delivery: 995
    Tax: 1600 (6%)

OTD: $28640

I thought I did ok but I am not sure since I felt like they were too nice when they were dealing with me and I felt as if they were taking advantage of me somewhere.(this is my first time buying a brand new car) I still felt like I did my homework since I had visited this forum repeatedly to get a sense of the price. I

did have first an EX model lined up OTD for 27200 with same tag and titling, delivery,doc fee and tax percentage but I would would have had to wait 2 weeks to get the color I wanted.

Let me know. I do have some serious reservations about this car though. I will go into that if people are interested.
    asinega said:
    Not sure how I did but here it isby: Ex AWD Base price : ~25700 Tag and Titling: ~300 Delivery: 995 Tax: 1600 (6%) OTD: $28640 I thought I did ok but I am not sure since I felt like they were too nice when they were dealing with me and I felt as if they were taking advantage of me somewhere.(this is my first time buying a brand new car) I still felt like I did my homework since I had visited this forum repeatedly to get a sense of the price. I did have first an EX model lined up OTD for 27200 with same tag and titling, delivery,doc fee and tax percentage but I would would have had to wait 2 weeks to get the color I wanted. Let me know. I do have some serious reservations about this car though. I will go into that if people are interested.
    why the reservation??? price looks good. 
    @nooneeg would not worry you like the car go for it that person had an defective one does happen with every brand!
    @asinega you did good! injoy your new ride! what color did you want! and what color did you end up going with!
  • nathan1234nathan1234 Member Posts: 31
    betz1016 said:
    Hello Everyone, It's my first time to buy a new car. I live in NJ. I am looking at 2018 CRV EXL AWD out of the door price is $30,0036.38 and for EXL with navigation it is $32,532.48. Can I negotiate a little bit more?
    $2,500 for navigation??? We have used Apple Carplay’s maps since December and it has worked great
  • angard007angard007 Member Posts: 2
    I'm thinking about buying a 2018 CRV EX, but I am concerned about the recall in China for an issue of gas mixing into the oil. Does anyone know if this is an issue for CRVs sold in the US?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    angard007 said:

I'm thinking about buying a 2018 CRV EX, but I am concerned about the recall in China for an issue of gas mixing into the oil. Does anyone know if this is an issue for CRVs sold in the US?

There is a thread on that here at Edmunds:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/50438/honda/cr-v/new-cr-v-cold-weather-runs-rich-gas-in-oil-multiple-complaints#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• angard007angard007 Member Posts: 2
    Michaell said:
    I'm thinking about buyinug a 2018 CRV EX, but I am concerned about the recall in China for an issue of gas mixing into the oil. Does anyone know if this is an issue for CRVs sold in the US?
    There is a thread on that here at Edmunds: https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/50438/honda/cr-v/new-cr-v-cold-weather-runs-rich-gas-in-oil-multiple-complaints#latest
    Thanks. I know this is a thread on pricing information, but I was just wondering if the potential gas in oil issue is stopping others who may want to buy a CRV.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,156
    angard007 said:

Michaell said:

angard007 said:

I'm thinking about buyinug a 2018 CRV EX, but I am concerned about the recall in China for an issue of gas mixing into the oil. Does anyone know if this is an issue for CRVs sold in the US?

There is a thread on that here at Edmunds:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/50438/honda/cr-v/new-cr-v-cold-weather-runs-rich-gas-in-oil-multiple-complaints#latest

Thanks. I know this is a thread on pricing information, but I was just wondering if the potential gas in oil issue is stopping others who may want to buy a CRV.

Or, if it will drive transaction prices lower, if folks casually mention they may shop a RAV4, etc. instead.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• chris618chris618 Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the help everyone. I picked up my new CR-V EX-L a few days ago.

I paid $28700 + $2,547 tax (NY 8.875%) + $325 DMV. Total out the door price was $31572. 

There wasn't any other hidden fees, not even a doc fee. $28700 plus tax & DMV. 

chris618 said:
    Thanks for the help everyone. I picked up my new CR-V EX-L a few days ago.

I paid $28700 + $2,547 tax (NY 8.875%) + $325 DMV. Total out the door price was $31572. 

There wasn't any other hidden fees, not even a doc fee. $28700 plus tax & DMV. 

An excellent post.  this is what I'm talking about. Purchase price given before taxes. Excellent! Congrats on the purchase. 
  • bethpabethpa Member Posts: 35
    I'm in Eastern Pennsylvania and looking for the best deals on an AWD Touring model. My best Honda deals in the past were always around 17-20% off MSRP. But those were models that were already two years old and not flying out the door like the CRV. Are there any deals on these vehicles these days? Thanks in advance for any help.
    @chris618 congrads on the new ride! good luck with it!
  • janelaneyjanelaney Member Posts: 1
    I currently have an offer in Seattle for 2018 EXL 2WD for $32.2k - any thoughts on the offer? From what I've seen there's not a lot of negotiation room in Seattle.

Selling Price $28,318.20
    Accessories $268.95
    Sub Total $28,587.15

Tax $3,030.24
    License $462.50
    Doc Fee $150.00

Total $32,229.89
  • rmsokratesrmsokrates Member Posts: 8
    Looking for good price in MD for leasing a 2018 CR-V EX or EX-L
    janelaney said:
    I currently have an offer in Seattle for 2018 EXL 2WD for $32.2k - any thoughts on the offer? From what I've seen there's not a lot of negotiation room in Seattle. Selling Price $28,318.20 Accessories $268.95 Sub Total $28,587.15 Tax $3,030.24 License $462.50 Doc Fee $150.00 Total $32,229.89
    nice. what accessories did you get?