Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying advice - 2018 GLC43 Coupe Lease

ghinsmeisterghinsmeister Member Posts: 5
edited September 2017 in Mercedes-Benz
I custom order a 2018 GLC43 Coupe MSRP 72345 selling 69000...I'm coming out of a c400 lease...I'm tryin to stay in 800 a month field...how much down on a 36/12 lease or 42/12 with the MF and Residual Included

Best Answers

• ghinsmeisterghinsmeister Member Posts: 5
    Answer ✓
    Also I'm sorry I should of stated I'm in New Rochelle NY...he suggested me taking the 48/12 and just pay the taxes I'd be in mid 8's is that true?

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,777

Also I'm sorry I should of stated I'm in New Rochelle NY...he suggested me taking the 48/12 and just pay the taxes I'd be in mid 8's is that true?

It looks like $875/mo, if taxes, DMV and acquisition fee are paid upfront

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• proudpopvegasproudpopvegas Member Posts: 6
    I’m lookong for MF and residual for 2018 glc43 coupe in Las Vegas, nv. 36 month 12 and 15 thousand mile leases. Thank you!

I’m lookong for MF and residual for 2018 glc43 coupe in Las Vegas, nv. 36 month 12 and 15 thousand mile leases. Thank you!

.00070 MF and 51%/49% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• abouzakiabouzaki Member Posts: 11
    Working on deal as follow
    2018 AMG GLC 43
    Msrp 72540
    Selling price. 65540
    MF 0.0009
    Residual. 49%
    36/10

Acquisition fee. 1059
    Dealer fee. 699
    Out of pocket first month and tag fee. 1324
    Monthly payment including 6.5 tax. . 1046.39

Is This a decent term ?

abouzaki said:

Working on deal as follow
    2018 AMG GLC 43
    Msrp 72540
    Selling price. 65540
    MF 0.0009
    Residual. 49%
    36/10

Acquisition fee. 1059
    Dealer fee. 699
    Out of pocket first month and tag fee. 1324
    Monthly payment including 6.5 tax. . 1046.39

Is This a decent term ?

Is this the coupe?
    Guessing the acquisition fee is $1095, not $1059 (and, that's marked up from $795).
    The dealer fee is absurdly high
    The money factor is marked up from .00070
    The discount is good, but they've taken some of that back with the markups.
    If I add the two fees to the sale price, I get $976/mo.+tax. That puts me within $10/mo. of your payment, with the markups.

Without the dealer fee and the markups, the payment would be $53/mo. less.

BUT:
    The correct residual for the GLC43 Coupe for 36/10 is 52%.
    49% is the 36/15 residual, so something is seriously off..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited February 2018
    Yes it’s a coupe .
    please see attached deal for what need to be changed in the deal
    GLC.pdf 482.8K
    abouzaki said:

Yes it’s a coupe .

That's very helpful..

They did use the proper residual (51%). You can check that yourself by dividing the residual amount by the MSRP.

Divide the rent charge by 36, and it's $139.80/month. That calculates to a money factor of .00134, not .00090. That's marked up from the base rate of .00070. (this isn't disclosed on the paperwork, other than the amount of the rent charge).

The difference between the agreed price and the Gross CAP is the $1095 acq.fee + $699 dealer fee.

If it's me, I want the base money factor.
    I'd probably also ask for $1000 less selling price to make up for the dealer fee and acquisition fee markup. Though, you have a pretty big discount, so I'd probably give in on that, assuming they dropped the money factor to .00070.

If they drop the money factor to .00070, the pre-tax payment will change to $915.76, and the total payment will change to $975.28 (about $70/mo. less). The amount due at signing should drop by about the same amount.
    The rent charge will change to $2629.08. These are all numbers you should look for, if they agree to your request.
    That is all without changing the price.

If they do all that, and knock $1000 more off, then take another $30/mo. off the payment.

Good luck!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

abouzaki said:

Yes it’s a coupe .

That's very helpful..

They did use the proper residual (51%). You can check that yourself by dividing the residual amount by the MSRP.

Divide the rent charge by 36, and it's $139.80/month. That calculates to a money factor of .00134, not .00090. That's marked up from the base rate of .00070. (this isn't disclosed on the paperwork, other than the amount of the rent charge).

The difference between the agreed price and the Gross CAP is the $1095 acq.fee + $699 dealer fee.

I'd probably also ask for $1000 less selling price to make up for the dealer fee and acquisition fee markup. Though, you have a pretty big discount, so I'd probably give in on that, assuming they dropped the money factor to .00070.

If they drop the money factor to .00070, the pre-tax payment will change to $915.76, and the total payment will change to $975.28 (about $70/mo. less). The amount due at signing should drop by about the same amount.
    The rent charge will change to $2629.08. These are all numbers you should look for, if they agree to your request.

If they do all that, and knock $1000 more off, then take another $30/mo. off the payment.

Good luck!

Thank you for the advise , I was able to get 1500 off the deal as cash back advanced to Mercedes Finacial toward my lease + Free First service

So that should made the deal little better .....

abouzaki said:

kyfdx said:

abouzaki said:

Yes it’s a coupe .

That's very helpful..

Good luck!

Thank you for the advise , I was able to get 1500 off the deal as cash back advanced to Mercedes Finacial toward my lease + Free First service

So that should made the deal little better .....

Congrats! Looks great!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• nlkleinbergnlkleinberg Member Posts: 17
    edited March 2018
    Could I get the MF and residual for 24/10 and 36/10 for a 2018 GLC43 AMG (SUV body) for this month (I may be buying this week). I'm in NY, although the purchase may be in NJ. Also, any incentives for purchase or lease on this car? What is the Acquisition fee? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance, and if I should post this in another thread just let me know.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

Could I get the MF and residual for 24/10 and 36/10 for a 2018 GLC43 AMG (SUV body) for this month (I may be buying this week). I'm in NY, although the purchase may be in NJ. Also, any incentives for purchase or lease on this car? What is the Acquisition fee? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks in advance, and if I should post this in another thread just let me know.

.00109 and 62% / 54%

No incentive information.

Acquisition fee is $795 (often marked up the $1095)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• palmtree_lapalmtree_la Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Would you be able to provide the MF & RV for 2018 GLC 300 Coupe in Los Angeles? ( 36/10 )

Also..

Dealers around Los Angeles are being very firm on not providing a descent discount on this model because they say this vehicle is in high demand.

From your industry experience what would you say the typical % of discount off the MSRP for this model be?

So far, the best % off I have received is 6% off the MRSP.

Also, is there such thing as 48month lease, as well?

Thank you for your

Hello,

Would you be able to provide the MF & RV for 2018 GLC 300 Coupe in Los Angeles? ( 36/10 )

Also..

Dealers around Los Angeles are being very firm on not providing a descent discount on this model because they say this vehicle is in high demand.

From your industry experience what would you say the typical % of discount off the MSRP for this model be?

So far, the best % off I have received is 6% off the MRSP.

Also, is there such thing as 48month lease, as well?

Thank you for your

.00059 MF and 53% residual
    46% residual for 48/10

Sorry, we are of no help on pricing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• palmtree_lapalmtree_la Member Posts: 2

.00059 MF and 53% residual
    46% residual for 48/10

Sorry, we are of no help on pricing.

Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.