Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Odyssey vs Toyota Sienna

nykevin17nykevin17 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2017 in Honda
Hi Everyone,

We have outgrown our CRV (3 kids 2 dogs) and are wanting to upgrade to a larger family vehicle. It seems that the minivan is the best option due to the low ride height (easier to get car seats in) and seat space. Can any give me a recommendation between either a used 2013 or newer Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna? or if you have any other recommendations please feel free to recommend.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    MeinnocenthahMeinnocenthah Member Posts: 3
    i recommend the Sienna. Its a lot more functional (IMO) than the Odyssey is. I have 4 kids, 2 in car seats. I drive a 2014 Sienna. We also own an Odyssey and have had so many headaches with it.
  • Options
    nykevin17nykevin17 Member Posts: 4
    Great, thank you Meinnocenthah for the feedback. I have driven both and they feel very similar, but obviously it is hard to tell until you haul around a family like you have. Just curious, what are some of the features that you feel separate the Sienna from the Odyssey?
  • Options
    ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    A similar equipped new Sienna is much cheaper at this time. I would take that into consideration.
  • Options
    khadley2khadley2 Member Posts: 69
    The Odyssey has the most configurations for car seats as it has the most top tether anchors. If you plan to have more kids or put them anywhere besides the second row captain seats, I'd get the Odyssey. We have a 2016 and have had 0 issues. We love it, though will be upgrading to a passenger van soon as I just had triplets and we need more space but I will miss my Odyssey a lot.
  • Options
    crossroads14crossroads14 Member Posts: 2
    Most car experts will prefer Odyssey than Sienna. Like khadley2 states, it has most configurations. I too have no no issues with the model.
    For more car tips, visit my blog
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Both great cars! I am a big fan of both but I would still lean toward the Odyssey.

If you enjoy a mushy floaty ride you may like the Sienna better. If you want a tight great handling mini van, there is no comparison. Even after 150,000 miles the Honda will still have that nice controlled ride!
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I had an Odyssey around a decade ago and I agree with isell that the ride and seats held up well. Good mechanically too. But from the gitgo it was noisy and rattled. I wonder if they have fixed that?