Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    texases said:

RUG $2.54, $0.25/grade here.

RUG $2.58, $0.30 spread between grades.

Kroger in Colorado.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    Went to pick up stuff at Home Depot. Diesel was $2.99 at Smith's. On return home price jumped to $3.08 in less than an hour. RUG is $2.90. Was in Vegas yesterday, all grades about 20 cents more.
  • Options
    turrrrboturrrrbo Member Posts: 4
    Difference is nuts in Houston when out of the city vs. in the city. For premium, I pay about $2.70 in the suburbs, and anywhere from $3.20-3.30 in the city.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    One station up to $3.09 here.
  • Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Let me put it in the movie "Used Cars" lingo; too f'n high B)
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,173
    Local Chevron - RUG 3.53, Mid 3.68, PUG 3.78, Diesel 3.51. As they give a 15 cent discount for cash on the weekends, prices are now barely ahead on diesel for when my 4% rewards card gives a better deal.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I think California will hit $4/gal pretty soon now. Every time I fill up it's a higher price.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,256
    $2.99 for RUG in Cincinnati area

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    $2.59/gal for RUG at Kroger in CO

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options

I think California will hit $4/gal pretty soon now. Every time I fill up it's a higher price.

Driving through Baker CA yesterday diesel was $4.19 RUG $4
  • Options
    gagrice said:

Driving through Baker CA yesterday diesel was $4.19 RUG $4
    Baker is an outlier - folks who don't plan their gas stops well have to pay the inflated prices there. My dad used to spend time in Baker when he was working. He was part of a joint task force to intercept folks attempting to bring back illegal fireworks from NV to CA for 4th of July.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    ruking1ruking1 Member Posts: 19,826
    edited May 2018
    Yup, that is why I miss my 845 miles range (can shop prices) DIESEL midsize CUV ! It can go from literal coast to coast (San Francisco, CA to Boston, MA, 3,100 miles) on less fuel than 4 fill ups.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I could do that in my Mini as well--with a 100 gallon gas tank.

I'm seeing $3.99 right now at my local Shell station---for premium fuel. Cheapest RUG is $3.63 in my area.

$4.19 for RUG on Valencia Street in San Francisco. (Home of the $7 piece of toast btw)

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Promises, promises? Where would you put that hundred gallon tank, on a ski rack, on your roof ? :D Or would you sit with 20 each 5 gal “jerry” containers? That wouldn’t leave too room for spare underwear. :D Mine’s a 26.4 gal oem tank.
  • Options
    iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    RUGhastly is sitting at $2.67/gal right now at the Neighborhood Wal*Mart on Indian Wells Road.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• Options
    Drip down 4 cents to $3.05
  • Options
    Only filled with diesel once while in San Diego county. Paid $3.69 CC at the new USA station in Santee. Cheapest diesel in East County. That was enough for 4 days in San Diego and return to Pahrump. Filled this morning at Smith's, diesel still holding at $3.12 CC. They have RUG at $2.96 CC.
  • Options
    Back under the line... down 6 cents to $2.99 in Happy Valley
  • Options
    Local Chevron yesterday: PUG 3.65, midgrade 3.79, PUG 3.89

Diesel 3.59, nice.
  • Options
    Kroger on Sunday. $3.58 for PUG.
    I told the wife not to leave it until the Holiday weekend, but she never listens to me.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

Kroger on Sunday. $3.58 for PUG.
    I told the wife not to leave it until the Holiday weekend, but she never listens to me.

I paid, I think, $3.70/gal for RUG at LAX yesterday. ARCO station across the street from the rental car lot. Only needed 6 gallons or so to top off the Equinox I rented.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Smith's in Pahrump is steady at $2.98 RUG, $3.28 PUG, $3.18 diesel, all CC priced. At least for two weeks now. You can buy RUG for $2.95 cash at several stations. I get 4% on my Chase Freedom card so Cash makes no sense.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Costco Folsom, $3.35 RUG, $3.64 PUG, $3.74 ULSD, 4% back.
  • Options
    RUG is now $2.88 a gallon at the Alamogordo Neighborhood Wal*Mart.

• Options
    Smith's Pahrump NV all went down 2 cents a gallon today. RUG $2.96 diesel $3.16. Thursday when we drove to Las Vegas, the cheapest gas we saw was 30 cents higher than Pahrump. Price of living in Sin City. Everything there is more expensive.
  • Options
    Anyone ever chat up the topic of Art Bell and now George Noory's 'Coast ta Coast' there in Pahrump, gagrice?

• Options

Anyone ever chat up the topic of Art Bell and now George Noory's 'Coast ta Coast' there in Pahrump, gagrice?

No, but Art Bell has a whole section in the Pahrump Museum. He was a well liked figure in the community. Left a wife and small child. Not sure if she went back to the Philippines.
  • Options
    No, but Art Bell has a whole section in the Pahrump Museum. He was a well liked figure in the community. Left a wife and small child. Not sure if she went back to the Philippines.

72 is too young ta go, that's for sure. I have good memories of listening to Art Bell on his late-night 'Coast ta Coast' radio talk show. Many topics were discussed - the Kennedy assassination, chupacabra's, crop circles, Sasquatches, cattle mutilations, etc. And of course, UFO's were always nearby and just around the corner. After all, Area 51 wasn't far!

• Options
    Have you recently purchased a small used car due to budget reasons or because of gas prices? If so, a journalist would like to chat with you about it. If you're interested, please reach out to PR@edmunds.com no later than 9 a.m. Pacific this Friday, June 22. Thank you!
  • Options
    Amazing, we went down a dime on RUG this last weekend at Smith's to $2.86 CC price. Some are cheaper with cash. I think oil prices hit their peak at $75 a barrel and are headed down. Mexican Basket is still under $70 while Canada is under $50 a barrel. We kind of hold their oil hostage with no access except through US.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Local Chevron (before 15 cent weekend cash discount):
    RUG: 3.52, Mid: 3.65, PUG: 3.75, Diesel: 3.41.

Yes, Diesel is 11 cents less than RUG. Nice!
  • Options
    fintail said:

Local Chevron (before 15 cent weekend cash discount):
    RUG: 3.52, Mid: 3.65, PUG: 3.75, Diesel: 3.41.

Yes, Diesel is 11 cents less than RUG. Nice!

Only $0.23/gallon spread between regular and premium??!!

At Shell, it's $0.60-$0.80 spread, here.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    That's right. I don't recall ever seeing more than a ~30 cent spread here.
    kyfdx said:

• Options
    fintail said:

That's right. I don't recall ever seeing more than a ~30 cent spread here.

kyfdx said:

I had someone from the local gasoline distributor tell me that the spread in the wholesale price of Shell was $0.55/gallon. (from RUG to PUG)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I'll try to remember to keep an eye out - 99% of my local gas purchases are at this same Chevron. But thinking back, I don't recall ever seeing more than a 15-20 cent spread per grade.
    kyfdx said:

I had someone from the local gasoline distributor tell me that the spread in the wholesale price of Shell was $0.55/gallon. (from RUG to PUG)

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    Gas pricing is so quirky sometimes. In some places right now diesel is higher priced than RUG.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Las Vegas, NV: ULSD $3.19, PUG $3.67, RUG $3.16.
  • Options
    ruking1 said:

Across the Hump in Pahrump we are holding at $2.82 for RUG and $3.16 for diesel. That is Smiths with CC. Some are cheaper cash.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    gagrice said:

ruking1 said:

Across the Hump in Pahrump we are holding at $2.82 for RUG and $3.16 for diesel. That is Smiths with CC. Some are cheaper cash.
    The 2003 VW Jetta TDI awaits NV plates! It’s still posting 48-52 mpg.
  • Options
    ruking1 said:

gagrice said:

ruking1 said:

Your daughter going to school in Las Vegas? I guess you had a great storm last night. We got the warning. Just high winds in Pahrump.
  • Options
    $3.13 here in Happy Valley, but I expect that to bump a bit as this coming week is arrival week at the university. Parents gotta have gas to get home :)
  • Options
    PF_Flyer said:

$3.13 here in Happy Valley, but I expect that to bump a bit as this coming week is arrival week at the university. Parents gotta have gas to get home :)

$2.56 for RUG, $3.31 for PUG, $2.99 for Diesel at Shell on I-75 in KY, today.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited August 2018
    gagrice said:

ruking1 said:

gagrice said:

ruking1 said:

Your daughter going to school in Las Vegas? I guess you had a great storm last night. We got the warning. Just high winds in Pahrump.
    She passed her boards & got her NV (Dr.’s) state license ! She’s practicing & secondarily settling in! She sold the 2004 Honda Civic, after multiple cross country trips while in Georgia. (245,000 miles)
  • Options
    ruking1 said:

gagrice said:

ruking1 said:

gagrice said:

ruking1 said:

She passed her boards & got her NV (Dr.’s) state license ! She’s practicing & secondarily settling in! She sold the 2004 Honda Civic, after multiple cross country trips while in Georgia. (245,000 miles)
    Smart move when she starts making the big bucks. Not sure what part of town. Findlay North VW treated me very well. I would recommend their service department.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Thank you for the heads up. I will make sure that she gets the information.

Meanwhile, ULSD $.3.19/$3.64, PUG $3.69/$3.39 RUG $3.21/$3.07 Las Vegas, NV./Folsom, CA.

Locally, there are literally hundreds of gas stations in/on/around the commute route. The commute route goes all the way from semiconductor design to credit card, biopharmaceuticals, et al., internet/cc security companies. It oozes to google cloud (design) to many to all cell phone companies. It turns past Microsoft et al., NASA & a much smaller defense contractor presence. Further up the road, we pass Stanford Healthcare & a few others. @ 70 miles an hour, one will miss the European/American car design presence. We slow near VISA World HQ.& biopharmaceuticals etc. So a trip that would take 35 minutes at 70 mph takes 1.5 to two hours during the commute rush.

@ 54 miles per day, refuelI gotta is @ app every 10/11 days. This MB GLK 250BT consistently posts 35 to 38 mpg per tank. Credit card rebates fluctuate between 2% and 5%
  • Options
    Smith's in Pahrump has not changed in two months. $3.16 for ULSD. Rug this morning was $2.82, PUG $3.12. I did get a dime a gallon off on diesel with my Smith's card. The Touareg does better with longer trips. This tank over 477 miles was only 22.91 MPG. Average speed for the whole tank was 31 MPH. I should just get a little electric car for around town. Save the Touareg and GMC Canyon for road trips.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    So how are you and the Mrs. adjusting to high desert life? It would seem that fuel stations, and other amenities are very very close to you. Life is good!

(high desert, 7,198 ft?) I have a cousin in Santa Fe, NM. He & sig other are just loving it!

Electric scooters (low mobility folks use these) gets a 14 mile range, aka 7 miles to/from.. It plugs into a normal 110 V AC.
  • Options
    Not into scooters. We walk around our golf course when it is cool in the mornings. Pahrump is only 2600 ft. Nothing is more than 5 miles from our house. Except Costco. That is 50 miles through beautiful Red Rock Canyon. We love that drive with very little traffic. Some of our banking is over there close to Costco in Summerlin. With all the shopping a person would EVER need. We have a casual breakfast and head over to the bank, then Costco, Sees candy and back home before lunch. Gives the Touareg a good blowing out. Just got a recall. Dealer will let me know when they have a loaner so we can drop off for the recall. Something with the Adblue heater?
  • Options
    We were high desert in East San Diego. Not much different except the cost of everything. With all the fires, we are so glad to be out of there.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    After 40 to 60 some odd years, it’s coming back to light that the USA has been/remains & will continue to be one of THE biggest OIL producers & refiners in the world. Per gal fuel prices are merely of du jour factors, real, imagined & contrived.

Here is a Bloomberg du jour article. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-15/truckers-asleep-at-the-wheel-as-diesel-price-shock-creeps-closer