Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

1/2 Ton or not?

jmozer123jmozer123 Member Posts: 6
edited March 2018 in Nissan
Hi, I purchased a 2018 Nissan Titan XD 4x4 with Diesel engine, 6.5ft bed.
My condo has a rule, trucks cannot be over 1/2 tone. Can anyone tell me if this truck is over 1/2 tone or not? Thanks...
Have not been able to find the info in any site.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    I'm pretty sure that the XD is a heavy duty pickup... That denotes 3/4 ton or 1 ton.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I would say you could argue with good evidence that it is really a 1/2 ton truck. It's payload really isn't in the 3/4 ton range.

Here's a video that explains this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USLr0WMpJTY

• jmozer123jmozer123 Member Posts: 6
    When I first purchased my truck 2 months ago “2018 Titan XD diesel” I would get over 400 miles with a full tank, 2 months later I get no more then 283 miles per full tank, can anyone explain to me why is this happening? Thanks -
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Have your driving habits or loads you're moving around changed? That's a pretty significant difference in range
    No, I’m driving the same roads as before same way no changes, I called the dealership no answer yet
    It’s not the driving habits but the fact that before I would fill up and get over 400 miles with a full tank now I get less then 294
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    jmozer123 said:

It’s not the driving habits but the fact that before I would fill up and get over 400 miles with a full tank now I get less then 294

The problem with estimating fuel usage this way, is you may not always be filling up at the same exact level, each time. It's basically inaccurate.

Fill your tank, reset your trip odometer. The next time you fill up, note the mileage on the trip odometer, then divide by the number of gallons for re-fill.

This takes at least two fill ups before you can check your mileage, then a 3rd fill up to compare. But, then, you'll have actual MPG numbers to compare.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    What's your listed MPG on the sticker?

when I got the truck form the dealership the first day and after two fillups the computer was showing 400+ miles, now it shows only 283 and that’s driving me crazy
    There’s something wrong with the computer