Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How do I confirm that my Honda I just purchased has CPO warranty?

seanj1seanj1 Member Posts: 41
edited May 2018 in Honda
Is there a website where I can check the CPO warranty status? How can I confirm the CPO warranty?
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    seanj1 said:

Is there a website where I can check the CPO warranty status? How can I confirm the CPO warranty?

Probably the easiest way is to contact the service department, and ask them to check if your car is under warranty.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• seanj1seanj1 Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2018
    Hi thanks for reply, by the way can I just call up any Honda dealer to confirm CPO warranty since the warranty is nationwide?They should have all my info in their system, correct? Does it take some time to show up on Honda database or should it happen right when you purchase the car? 
    seanj1 said:

Hi thanks for reply, by the way can I just call up any Honda dealer to confirm CPO warranty since the warranty is nationwide?They should have all my info in their system, correct? Does it take some time to show up on Honda database or should it happen right when you purchase the car? 

If you just bought it, it might take awhile. What makes you worry about it?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited May 2018
    Hi, On another forum I read that someone bought a CPO but later found when he took it for service they told him that it wasn’t under warranty  . I know that this a very rare occurrence but I just wanted to confirm. Apart from the CPO checklist form are you supposed to receive any other documentation regarding the warranty?
    seanj1 said:

Hi, On another forum I read that someone bought a CPO but later found when he took it for service they told him that it wasn’t under warranty  . I know that this a very rare occurrence but I just wanted to confirm. Apart from the CPO checklist form are you supposed to receive any other documentation regarding the warranty?

The quickest way might be to call up the F&I office, and ask them for documentation that the vehicle actually has a CPO warranty. I'd want more than just the checklist form, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

ok I will do that, thanks.