Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2018 BMW 5-series Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,305
    beroppi said:

What is the MF and RV for 2018 530e xDrive in NY with 10K miles/yr?

36/10 - .00166 and 61%
    $500 lease credit
    $2000 loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

yogart55 said:

what are the current month 530E 3y/10k MF and % and lease offers?

Incentives are regional. what ZIP?
    yogart55 said:

.00166 MF and 61% residual
    $500 lease credit
    $2000 loyalty (if qualified)
    Wait, the 530e lease credit went from $2000 to $500 in May?!?

Bogus. Glad I made my deal last month.

I wanted to post my deal and ask the experts to tell me exactly what discount I got and what my true Adjusted Cap Cost ended up being. I thought I understood, but the more I look at this, the more confused I get.

MSRP: $68,470
    Drive-Off: $2000
    2 Pull Ahead payments made ($400x2) PLUS a $300 mileage bonus (Given as a BMWFS statement credit in a month or two)
    I know I paid a padded MF (0.00196) but was told I got a great discount on sale price, thus helping me with taxes and registration fees now and down the line.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Selling price is $61074
    Adjusted CAP is $57904
    Just like it says on the document.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

yogart55 said:

yogart55 said:

$500 lease credit

I wanted to post my deal and ask the experts to tell me exactly what discount I got and what my true Adjusted Cap Cost ended up being. I thought I understood, but the more I look at this, the more confused I get.

2 Pull Ahead payments made ($400x2) PLUS a $300 mileage bonus (Given as a BMWFS statement credit in a month or two)
    I know I paid a padded MF (0.00196) but was told I got a great discount on sale price, thus helping me with taxes and registration fees now and down the line.
    Thanks for the feedback!

10.8% off sticker price, which is very strong for a BMW (we suggest 7% is a good target).

The adjusted cap cost is listed on the sheet $57,xxx (sale price less cap reduction, which is what is left over from the $6000 up front ($4K incentive and $2K cash from you).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    noahabelnoahabel Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2018
    kyfdx said:

noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

yogart55 said:

yogart55 said:

$500 lease credit

Thanks for the feedback!

Selling price is $61074
    Adjusted CAP is $57904
    To be clear, the MF and taxes are based on the difference between the ADJUSTED cap cost ($57k) and the residual? So I effectively bought" the car for $57k after fees and incentives?
    Michaell said:

noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

yogart55 said:

yogart55 said:

$500 lease credit

Thanks for the feedback!

10.8% off sticker price, which is very strong for a BMW (we suggest 7% is a good target).

The adjusted cap cost is listed on the sheet $57,xxx (sale price less cap reduction, which is what is left over from the $6000 up front ($4K incentive and $2K cash from you).
    So if I'm reading it right, there's a $3170 reduction in cap cost after incentives and drive off is balanced against fees?

So in summary:

The dealership lowered their sale price to $61,xxx
    They received $4000 in incentives from BMW
    They received $2000 from me in cash
    They added $2800 in fees (Acquisition, First payment, title & reg, tax on cap cost reduction)

Netting a "purchase" price of $57,xxx?

Hopefully that seems worth the juice I'm paying the dealership on the MF. I DID NOT like my finance guy, hope he doen't make too much of that.

Considering I custom ordered the car (and LOVE it) and they also took care of $800 in payments on my i3 (and $300 more to boot) I will consider this a "win."

Thanks, all!
  • Options
    jms9jms9 Member Posts: 17
    I’m interested to see how I did; I signed at the end of last month.  Thanks!

2018 530e
    $61,795 MSRP
    36/15k
    $1k lease credit
    $2k loyalty credit

The amounts below do not include the $1k BMW CCA rebate (I’ve submitted the paperwork and it’s pending). 

• Options
    noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

yogart55 said:

yogart55 said:

$500 lease credit

Thanks for the feedback!

Selling price is $61074
    Adjusted CAP is $57904
    To be clear, the MF and taxes are based on the difference between the ADJUSTED cap cost ($57k) and the residual? So I effectively bought" the car for $57k after fees and incentives?
    Michaell said:

noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

yogart55 said:

yogart55 said:

$500 lease credit

Thanks for the feedback!

So if I'm reading it right, there's a $3170 reduction in cap cost after incentives and drive off is balanced against fees?

So in summary:

They added $2800 in fees (Acquisition, First payment, title & reg, tax on cap cost reduction)

Hopefully that seems worth the juice I'm paying the dealership on the MF. I DID NOT like my finance guy, hope he doen't make too much of that.

Considering I custom ordered the car (and LOVE it) and they also took care of $800 in payments on my i3 (and $300 more to boot) I will consider this a "win."

Thanks, all!

This part is correct.. the rest is just playing around with words.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jms9 said:

I’m interested to see how I did; I signed at the end of last month.  Thanks!

2018 530e
    $61,795 MSRP
    36/15k
    $1k lease credit
    $2k loyalty credit

The amounts below do not include the $1k BMW CCA rebate (I’ve submitted the paperwork and it’s pending). 

Looks like they bumped your money factor up to .00176.

Still.. a very good deal. That's a nice payment, with just first payment due at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    noahabelnoahabel Member Posts: 15
    kyfdx said:

noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

yogart55 said:

yogart55 said:

$500 lease credit

Thanks for the feedback!

Selling price is $61074
    Adjusted CAP is $57904
    Michaell said:

noahabel said:

kyfdx said:

kyfdx said:

yogart55 said:

yogart55 said:

$500 lease credit

Thanks for the feedback!

So in summary:

Thanks, all!

This part is correct.. the rest is just playing around with words.. ;)
    Haha, yes, that's what I do for a living, play around with words. Professional hazard.

Numbers, on the other hand, still vex me from time to time; glad I got the deal I thought I did. Nearly 11% off MSRP before incentives sure sounds solid. It's the most expensive car I've ever driven, I didn't want my new ride to take me for a ride.

Thanks!
  • Options
    captainmagedcaptainmaged Member Posts: 6
    kyfdx said:
    Hi, can someone post the MF and RV for 2018 M550i xdrive in MN for May plus any programs? Also what % discount off MSRP would be considered a good price before incentives?
    36/15 .00166 MF and 58% residual $1000 lease credit $2000 loyalty (if qualified) Shoot for 7% off, before deducting incentives
    What about 36/10, sorry should have specified
  • Options

kyfdx said:

Hi, can someone post the MF and RV for 2018 M550i xdrive in MN for May plus any programs? Also what % discount off MSRP would be considered a good price before incentives?

36/15
    .00166 MF and 58% residual
    $1000 lease credit

Shoot for 7% off, before deducting incentives

What about 36/10, sorry should have specified

61% residual, all else is the same.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    navepokernavepoker Member Posts: 12
    May numbers for 530e and 530i California? 6 series GT?
  • Options
    navepoker said:

May numbers for 530e and 530i California? 6 series GT?

36/15
    .00166 MF

58% residual
    530i: $1000 lease credit
    530e: $500 lease credit

640GT: 51% residual.. no lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    beroppiberoppi Member Posts: 6
    Michaell said:

beroppi said:

36/10 - .00166 and 61%
    $500 lease credit
    $2000 loyalty
    I have a $1,000 OL code from BMW and my dealer said it only use for lowering the sale price, not for cap cost reduction. Is that true?
  • Options
    beroppi said:

Michaell said:

beroppi said:

36/10 - .00166 and 61%
    $500 lease credit
    $2000 loyalty
    I have a $1,000 OL code from BMW and my dealer said it only use for lowering the sale price, not for cap cost reduction. Is that true?
    We don't have that information, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    chocosarchocosar Member Posts: 3
    Could you post May MF and residuals for 2018 BMW 540 xi 36 Months and 12K , Dealer is quoting .00206 and 60%

any incentives we should be aware

thanks
  • Options
    chocosarchocosar Member Posts: 3
    Zip Code is 01876
  • Options
    chocosar said:

Could you post May MF and residuals for 2018 BMW 540 xi 36 Months and 12K , Dealer is quoting .00206 and 60%

any incentives we should be aware

thanks

chocosar said:

Zip Code is 01876

.00166 MF and 60% residual
    $1000 lease credit
    $2000 loyalty

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    navepokernavepoker Member Posts: 12
    How do you calculate miles on demos for residual? Does this affect any other aspect?
  • Options
    navepoker said:

How do you calculate miles on demos for residual? Does this affect any other aspect?

It lowers the residual.

If the demo has under 5000 miles, it's a reduction of $0.25 per mile.
    If over 5000 miles, then a percentage residual reduction + mileage reduction.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    cobra1100cobra1100 Member Posts: 33
    Hi guys.

Can you please tell me the MF and residual for the 530e xdrive for 36/10k. Also does bmw include the hybrid tax credit to the car? and what kind of other incentives are available for 11576 zip. Thank you guys.

Andrew
  • Options
    jkbman2jkbman2 Member Posts: 3
    $73,105 Selling price $69,100 Gross cap: 70,034 $4k trade $3k incentives Net cap 67,036 (how’s this Work? Math doesn’t add up to me) Mf .00206 58% residual $910/mo Seems to me MF is too high, and net cap is Calculated wrong. Am I crazy?
  • Options
    cobra1100 said:

Hi guys.

Can you please tell me the MF and residual for the 530e xdrive for 36/10k. Also does bmw include the hybrid tax credit to the car? and what kind of other incentives are available for 11576 zip. Thank you guys.

Andrew

.00166 and 61%
    I only see $1000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jkbman2 said:

$73,105 Selling price $69,100 Gross cap: 70,034 $4k trade $3k incentives Net cap 67,036 (how’s this Work? Math doesn’t add up to me) Mf .00206 58% residual $910/mo Seems to me MF is too high, and net cap is Calculated wrong. Am I crazy?

MF is marked up the max from .00166

Net cap is the gross cap less trade equity and incentives, plus taxes and fees you aren't paying up front.

What state is this?

I wouldn't use the trade equity to buy down the payment; have the dealer give you a check for that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    gizmotechgizmotech Member Posts: 5
    Hey there gang,

Checking on the credits, MF and Residuals for a lease on a 2018 530i in SoCal? Thanks so much!
  • Options
    gizmotech said:

Hey there gang,

Checking on the credits, MF and Residuals for a lease on a 2018 530i in SoCal? Thanks so much!

36/15
    $1000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

gizmotech said:

Hey there gang,

36/15
    $1000 lease credit
    I was actually looking for 36/10 (my bad for not including that). Does that change things?

And why do the credits change from month to month? I feel like in April it was $2000 and a $1000 credit. Do you think I should wait until June to see if it's better?
  • Options
    gizmotech said:

kyfdx said:

gizmotech said:

Hey there gang,

36/15
    $1000 lease credit
    I was actually looking for 36/10 (my bad for not including that). Does that change things?

And why do the credits change from month to month? I feel like in April it was $2000 and a $1000 credit. Do you think I should wait until June to see if it's better?
    61% residual

New program comes out every month. sometimes the numbers change, sometimes they don't.

I would expect the residual to start decreasing, at some point. That will likely eat up any savings in increased incentives.

However, if you don't need a vehicle now, why lease a new car?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jkbman2jkbman2 Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

jkbman2 said:

Net cap is the gross cap less trade equity and incentives, plus taxes and fees you aren't paying up front.

What state is this?

I wouldn't use the trade equity to buy down the payment; have the dealer give you a check for that.
    Texas - it looks like we also get screwed on taxes here - gotta pay on the whole amount? Is there a way around it somehow? I.e., can I just go to another state to lease? Not that I'm against a business making money, but how common is it for dealers to mark up the MF? I got the sense from two dealers it was common place and not very negotiable
  • Options
    jkbman2 said:

Michaell said:

jkbman2 said:

What state is this?

Texas - it looks like we also get screwed on taxes here - gotta pay on the whole amount? Is there a way around it somehow? I.e., can I just go to another state to lease? Not that I'm against a business making money, but how common is it for dealers to mark up the MF? I got the sense from two dealers it was common place and not very negotiable
    It is common for dealers to markup the money factor.
    But, that doesn't mean you can't find a dealer that won't, when pressed.

No way around the tax. It's rough, in TX.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Alright guys, I finally did it. I leased my car.

BMW 530i in SoCal.

$3k out the door.
    $699 month
    MSRP was $70,230

How did I do? (PLEASE tell me I did okay, not sure I could handle bad news).

• Options
    gizmotech said:

Alright guys, I finally did it. I leased my car.

BMW 530i in SoCal.

$3k out the door.
    $699 month
    MSRP was $70,230

How did I do? (PLEASE tell me I did okay, not sure I could handle bad news).

Congrats!

You got a good discount from sticker.

I, personally, wouldn't have put up $3K of my own money to start - generally, we recommend first payment and DMV costs only.

However, I'm unclear on the residual value - for 36/10, the residual is 61%, which, for the MSRP you provided, should calculate to $42,840,30. Your number is higher. Is there something missing from the MSRP? Destination fee?

Overall, it's a lot of car for the payment. Enjoy it, and use this experience to learn some lessons about leasing that you can apply in 3 years when this lease is up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    Sorry about that. The actual MSRP was $70,875. Does that number work out right?

And just so i know for next time:

First and DMV would have been approximately $2,200, right? So my mistake was tacking on that extra $800?  

And again, thank you guys for all your help. Even if i messed it up, what you guys do is great. I’ll get ‘em next time!

• Options
    gizmotech said:

Sorry about that. The actual MSRP was $70,875. Does that number work out right?

And just so i know for next time:

First and DMV would have been approximately $2,200, right? So my mistake was tacking on that extra $800?  

And again, thank you guys for all your help. Even if i messed it up, what you guys do is great. I’ll get ‘em next time!

That is the correct MSRP. :smile:

From the docs, the license and registration costs are about $700. That, plus the (now increased) first payment should mean the total up front costs should be around $1500.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    turbeezyturbeezy Member Posts: 16
    Hi, do you have the mf and rv for a 2018 m550i, 24/10k and 24/12k , 36/10k and 36/12k, zip 94560. Any incentives?
    There is also a loaner m550i available with 4600 miles so would the rv change? 
  • Options
    turbeezy said:

Hi, do you have the mf and rv for a 2018 m550i, 24/10k and 24/12k , 36/10k and 36/12k, zip 94560. Any incentives?
    There is also a loaner m550i available with 4600 miles so would the rv change? 

24/36/12K
    .00166 MF and 66%/60% residual
    $1000 lease credit

Deduct $0.25/mile from the residual on the loaner

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ayp_bmwayp_bmw Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I'm looking to lease a 2018 BMW executive demo with 3800 miles on it in the Miami area. The MSRP is 65,000. I need 15K miles, sign and drive. I have excellent credit and currently lease a BMW. What is a reasonable monthly payment (before tax) to expect to get to when negotiating? Thanks!
  • Options
    ayp_bmw said:

Hi,

I'm looking to lease a 2018 BMW executive demo with 3800 miles on it in the Miami area. The MSRP is 65,000. I need 15K miles, sign and drive. I have excellent credit and currently lease a BMW. What is a reasonable monthly payment (before tax) to expect to get to when negotiating? Thanks!

.00166 MF and 58% residual, less residual reduction of $950
    $1000 lease credit.

12% off MSRP, less $1000.
    $925 acquisition fee
    $700 other fees

About $750/mo.+tax, with first payment due at signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fltazmanfltazman Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Do you have MF and RV for 2018 530i 10k in Florida?
  • Options
    fltazman said:

Hi, Do you have MF and RV for 2018 530i 10k in Florida?

$1000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    turbeezyturbeezy Member Posts: 16
    How about mf and rv for the 530e? 24/12k and 36/12k. Zip 94560
  • Options
    hannanhoward1hannanhoward1 Member Posts: 6
    540d xdrive - probably can get pretty aggressive with dealers. Apparently they are a tough sell. I think there may be "APR credit" from BMW out there also but my dealer didn't tell me.

My deal:

69400 MSRP
    63848 Sale price
    2000 Loyalty
    1000 BMW FS incentive
    MF post 7 MSD .00131

Payment $676/mo (taxes, fees paid up front amounting to about $4k)
  • Options
    btgtech1btgtech1 Member Posts: 14
    Hi, what are the lease numbers for a 540i and 530i in 27519? 12k mi for 24,36,39 months. Also for 10k a year. Thanks!
  • Options
    btgtech1 said:

Hi, what are the lease numbers for a 540i and 530i in 27519? 12k mi for 24,36,39 months. Also for 10k a year. Thanks!

.00166 MF and 64%/58% residual for 24/36 mo, 15K/yr
    $1000 lease credit

Either model

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    turbeezy said:

How about mf and rv for the 530e? 24/12k and 36/12k. Zip 94560

.00166 MF and 66%/60% residual
    $500 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

540d xdrive - probably can get pretty aggressive with dealers. Apparently they are a tough sell. I think there may be "APR credit" from BMW out there also but my dealer didn't tell me.

My deal:

69400 MSRP
    63848 Sale price
    2000 Loyalty
    1000 BMW FS incentive
    MF post 7 MSD .00131

Payment $676/mo (taxes, fees paid up front amounting to about $4k)

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    xander_mxander_m Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2018
    Interested in the mf/residual/incentives on a 2018 530e x drive. Located in Colorado. Thx! 36/12
  • Options
    billjoe11billjoe11 Member Posts: 2
    leasing 2018 530i ...demo unit 4700 miles in PA
    sticker 61960
    discount 7435
    selling price 54525

rebate 1k
    bringing 2k to signing
    dealer says best can do is 633 before tax...

thoughts on this ?
  • Options
    xander_m said:

Interested in the mf/residual/incentives on a 2018 530e x drive. Located in Colorado. Thx! 36/12

.00166 MF and 60% residual
    $1000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    billjoe11 said:

leasing 2018 530i ...demo unit 4700 miles in PA
    sticker 61960
    discount 7435
    selling price 54525

rebate 1k
    bringing 2k to signing
    dealer says best can do is 633 before tax...

thoughts on this ?

What term and mileage allowance?
    .00166 MF

Why don't they quote a payment with tax? Are they afraid to tell you the tax rate on leases in PA?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    billjoe11billjoe11 Member Posts: 2
    sorry should have included that.....
    36 month/ 12K miles
    tax is 10% on each month ...total payment 693 .

is there more room in there?