Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    gzbcl88 said:
    In these emails do we ask about financing? Or do we just debate price & once we seal a number we start discussing financing? 

Also, really random question: Why do people buy the accord when you can lease a BMW for the same price? Just curious because I'm still on the fence between leasing a BMW 330i or just getting the 2.0 sport. I know financially, it's smarter to go with a purchase for the long haul, but besides that, is there a significant difference? I love both cars, so, I'm torn. 
    You can ask about finance offers but the rates are listed on Honda's website. There is no flex cash available this month. So focus on negotiating the price of the car.

Regarding leasing a 3 series vs an Accord, here is my personal feedback. First of all, the Beamer is a much smaller car for me compared to the Accord. If you are just looking at monthly payment, you might be able to lease a 320i or 330i for cheap right now, but then you have to worry about insurance costs and premium gas. A new 2019 3 series is coming out soon, so 2018 models might start to get discounted soon.

Once Honda starts offering lease incentives, lease deals on the Accord will get better. You get more bang for your money with the Accord, IMO. For example the Touring model (with an MSRP of about $36.7k) can be had for about $32k. You get front and rear heated seats, ventilated front seats, Head Up Display, real leather seats, navigation with free 5 year map updates,  android auto and apple car play at no charge, pre collision warning, blind spot warning and other safety features at no charge, a 440 watt sound system (not Harman Kardon), body colored parking sensors and other options that would cost thousands in a BMW. If you are just looking to drive a Beamer then go for it, but that's not me. 

Hope this helps. 
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Also, comparing lease payments to finance payments is apples to oranges. The lease will always seem cheaper, but that doesn’t make it cheaper in the long run.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited May 2018
    The current lease offer on the BMW 530i is $579 a month with $5000 due at signing. The 530i equipped like an Accord Touring has an msrp of c.$57,000....

https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers/lease.2018-530i-Sedan.html/?modal=special-offers-legal

The msrp of the Accord 2.0 Touring is $36,700. With 5k down plus a c. 4k discount from the msrp, even with TTL you are looking at financing c. $30k at 2.9% over 60 months. That gives you a monthly payment on the Accord Touring of c. $538, which is a bit less than leasing the comparable BMW.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • SlickAceSlickAce Member Posts: 1
    I got this offer yesterday in Maryland. Does any have any impressions on this

Model Year: 2018
    Date Purchased (Month, Day, Year): Not Purchased yet, but got a bill of sale: 5/18/2018
    1.5T or 2.0T engine: 1.5
    Trim (i.e. LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, Touring, Hybrid, VP.... etc.): EX-L
    Automatic, CVT, or Manual transmission: CVT
    Sale Price $25,870.00
    Destination $890.00
    Processing $300.00
    Taxes $1,623.60 (6%)
    Tag & Title $279.00
    TOTAL $28,962.60

My local Honda dealer now has 142 2018 Accords in stock, which seems like a lot. Here's the breakdown of the models available at Honda World Louisville....

EX (10)
    EX-L (28)
    EX-L 2.0T (35)
    Hybrid (1)
    Hybrid EX (1)
    Hybrid EX-L (2)
    Hybrid Touring (6)
    LX (28)
    Sport (6)
    Sport 2.0T (7)
    Touring (13)
    Touring 2.0T (5)
  • sdouc99sdouc99 Member Posts: 51
    Maybe I am doing it wrong when I email dealerships. How do I go about asking for quotes? Please help! What message do most usually send out?
    -------------------------------------------------------
    My other advice: If you are trading a car in, do not mention it or negotiate trade-in until you have agreed on a price for the Accord. That should be your main focus. You could mention to the sales guy that you might trade-in your car, but you want to work on a deal on the Accord.

Hope this helps. Make your best deal the last 2 days of the month.
    If you’re sure you’re going to trade-in then it doesn’t matter when you disclose that fact to the dealer. In the end they are going to give you the same overall deal either way. 

Why wait until the last two days of the month?
    sdouc99 said:
    Maybe I am doing it wrong when I email dealerships. How do I go about asking for quotes? Please help! What message do most usually send out?
    My other advice: If you are trading a car in, do not mention it or negotiate trade-in until you have agreed on a price for the Accord. That should be your main focus. You could mention to the sales guy that you might trade-in your car, but you want to work on a deal on the Accord.

If you’re sure you’re going to trade-in then it doesn’t matter when you disclose that fact to the dealer. In the end they are going to give you the same overall deal either way. 

Some dealers might be trying to meet their end of month goals and hence might be more open to work with you on a deal. 

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited May 2018
    sdouc99 said:

Maybe I am doing it wrong when I email dealerships. How do I go about asking for quotes? Please help!
    What message do most usually send out?

............................................................................................................................................................................................

Never mention a Trade in before getting dealers best & final price. When your trading in a vehicle its always best to work your 2 or 3 best deals then drive vehicle to dealers to see who gives you fair to good resale.

Buying a vehicle at the very end of a month helps you make best possible deal with dealers still trying to make there monthly sales #'s / Incentives. I have always found when buying any new vehicle, dealer pricing & there slimy tactic's are in full force the 1st, 3 weeks of any month.

when I was younger and helping many friends & folks here on Edmunds get pricing you learn dealers will not budge off a number early in the month, to many dealer lies & games. Just avoid the nonsense trust me.

My secret to the easiest transaction with minimal dealer BS is.... Online, or Phone with all Internet mgrs. Buying this way you need to have done your homework , know pricing and be prepared to buy that moment. Most buyers here in Edmunds will have to go into the dealership. Remember Same buying tips apply....... Use them they work!

Things you must do prior to buying any vehicle & before you start negotiating price.

1- Do all your homework prior to the first (3) weeks of any month or Ending Sales Quarter. (Mar, June, Sept, Dec. )

2- When you buy new vehicle always target the end of the month.

Below is what you should be doing the 1st , 3 weeks. Always make a spread sheet with as many dealers your willing to travel to.

Test drives , Dealer info ( Int / mgr name & #'s , doc fee charge , etc )... List of Targeted dealers , Ins info , Finance & lease rates / info, bad credit secure a outside loan make dealer beat. Know the exact model and options you want.

Now your ready to negotiate a price and your ready to buy vehicle . When dealers know you will buy vehicle Today for X price you will either make deal or get dealers best price.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

SlickAce said:

I got this offer yesterday in Maryland. Does any have any impressions on this

Model Year: 2018
    Date Purchased (Month, Day, Year): Not Purchased yet, but got a bill of sale: 5/18/2018
    1.5T or 2.0T engine: 1.5
    Trim (i.e. LX, Sport, EX, EX-L, Touring, Hybrid, VP.... etc.): EX-L
    Automatic, CVT, or Manual transmission: CVT
    Sale Price $25,870.00
    Destination $890.00
    Processing $300.00
    Taxes $1,623.60 (6%)
    Tag & Title $279.00
    TOTAL $28,962.60

MSRP for this car (non-nav) is about $30,860.
    Your sale price is about $1540 below invoice, before doc fees. Not bad at all. With doc fees, that goes down to about $1240 below invoice.
    Did you get any other offers from other dealers? If not, I would go for this deal.

Good luck.
  • canongate1canongate1 Member Posts: 13
    Latest quote on touring 2.0

Selling Price 36,690.00
    Splash Guards 249.00
    Wheel Locks 149.00
    Cargo Tray 249.00
    Nitrogen 99.00
    Discount 5,601.25
    Total Purchase 31,834.75 thoughts?
    edited May 2018
    /

john4545 said:

TY...................@jerseydevil01 I will call 2 of the ones you posted

@john4545 I got an email from conicelli that they are having a memorial day sale so I got a price quote for the car I want... touring 1.5T in the color I want @ MSRP 34690, sale price 29869, a nice price drop. I may pursue the offer the last few days of may and get a few more quotes between now and then
    @jerseydevil01

this is the month you try for a knock out deal, build on your best price in philly or PA... Then

On may 30th or 31st make phone calls ONLY to your best priced NJ dealers SPEAK only to the Int/ mgrs. leave a message & number if there not avail at that moment. Tell each Mgr. I"M buying TODAY MEET or Beat for the sale.... its YES or No-... Or- a counter offer .

Tell each NJ dealer you will buy vehicle today (hold with a credit card) if they match or beat your price .I'd Knock off another $500 off your best out of state deal... NJ doc's average $300 /399

Call these dealers on Wed or Thurs. 30th ,31st. Monthly sales incentive may pay dividends this month. Its hit or miss depending on there Accord stock on lots.

Auto-Sport Honda ...Bridgewater NJ....

Madison & Joyce............ are maybe's

Garden State , Route 23, Phillipsburg Easton,

Honda of Tenafly, Clinton .. last 5 dealerships are always on my last days of the month call or email ?

Good luck...@erseydevil101 hope you and @john4545 waiting game pays off this month

DCH Paramus & Kay are also worth a call. sorry a lot of north NJ dealers but they have been good to us at months end

• Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151

john4545 said:

@john4545 I got an email from conicelli that they are having a memorial day sale so I got a price quote for the car I want... touring 1.5T in the color I want @ MSRP 34690, sale price 29869, a nice price drop. I may pursue the offer the last few days of may and get a few more quotes between now and then
    Update: after emailing the above dealer to get clarity on pricing and fees I found out that they included the 500 grad discount AND the 500 military discount in their price, none of which I qualify for. I am sorry if I misled anyone on pricing available. Seems like I am coming across many more disreputable dealers than legitimate ones

john4545 said:

Update: after emailing the above dealer to get clarity on pricing and fees I found out that they included the 500 grad discount AND the 500 military discount in their price, none of which I qualify for. I am sorry if I misled anyone on pricing available. Seems like I am coming across many more disreputable dealers than legitimate ones
    A lot of dealers on there websites will show there new inventory with a discounted price off MSRP you need to ask because as you stated they combine every avail incentive trying to trick you to come down to there store.

Latest quote on touring 2.0 Selling Price 36,690.00 Splash Guards 249.00 Wheel Locks 149.00 Cargo Tray 249.00 Nitrogen 99.00 Discount 5,601.25 Total Purchase 31,834.75 thoughts?
    MSRP is $36,690 not the selling price. The sale price of $31.8k is not bad. Your price is about $1783 below invoice. You could try and negotiate for a couple of hundred dollars more off. Are the accessories included in the price or additional? $240 for splash guards and $149 for wheel locks is a rip off. Wheels locks are about $50. The cargo tray is also overpriced. $99 for nitrogen? That's all a bunch of junk. Check out collegehillshonda.com for pricing on all these accessories.
    That is awful. Sorry to hear that. I always tell dealers to provide me with pricing without any incentives such as recent college grad and military.

@brian125 is right though. Some dealers include all incentives when listing the sale price. Sometimes when pricing looks/sounds too good, I always ask for clarification. 
  • edmundshackredmundshackr Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2018
    All the hits I'm getting are around $32,500 for a Touring 2.0, others are less but include the incentives so not worth it. Have emailed like 15 California dealers and a number of Arizona dealers.

One dealer mentioned that their memorial day sale was starting exactly today but never gave me a price quote, kinda weird cause I thought the event was on going already?

Is the Accord Touring 2.0 the car that most are going for?
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
     I've been looking at 1.5 touring but there's a 2.0 touring with 4k miles on showroom floor. Can any one give me real world miles per gallon in mixed driving for the 2.0. i obviously like the 2.0 over the 1.5 but worry about gas mileage. Also any advice on what to offer a used 2.0 with 4k miles feel free to add. 
    Here is the actual quote remember Ga sales tax has know be paid at time of sale

Selling Price 36,690.00
    Splash Guards 249.00
    Wheel Locks 149.00
    Cargo Tray 249.00
    Nitrogen 99.00
    Discount 5,601.25
    Total Purchase 31,834.75
    Taxable Fees (Estimated) 98.00
    Trade Allowance
    Trade Difference
    Dealer Service Charge 599.00
    GATAVT 2,308.25
    Non Tax Fees Estimated 46.00
    Net Price 34,886.00
    ral2167 said:

I've been looking at 1.5 touring but there's a 2.0 touring with 4k miles on showroom floor. Can any one give me real world miles per gallon in mixed driving for the 2.0. i obviously like the 2.0 over the 1.5 but worry about gas mileage. Also any advice on what to offer a used 2.0 with 4k miles feel free to add. 

The EPA rating on the 2.0T is 26 for city/hwy combined, with an estimated annual fuel cost of c.$1650.

The EPA rating on the 1.5T is 33 for city/hwy combined, with an estimated annual fuel cost of c.$1300.

And so there's a likely difference of c. $350 a year. You'll also likely pay more for the insurance on the 2.0.

The EPA rating on the Accord Hybrid is 47 for city/hwy combined, with an estimated annual fuel cost of c. $900.
    Here is the actual quote remember Ga sales tax has know be paid at time of sale Selling Price 36,690.00 Splash Guards 249.00 Wheel Locks 149.00 Cargo Tray 249.00 Nitrogen 99.00 Discount 5,601.25 Total Purchase 31,834.75 Taxable Fees (Estimated) 98.00 Trade Allowance Trade Difference Dealer Service Charge 599.00 GATAVT 2,308.25 Non Tax Fees Estimated 46.00 Net Price 34,886.00
    The additional information helps break down this deal for you. Please see my previous comment. Here is some additional advice. Here is the deal, your sale price without the accessories is $31,088. However, dealer fees are about $600. If you want to buy this car this weekend, you should follow these instructions:
    1. Tell the dealer you will buy today (tomorrow) for $30.8k.
    2. As part of the deal, they should throw in the wheel locks, remove the nitrogen charge and match collegehilshonda.com's pricing for the other accessories.
    3. You will finance with them at the best rate (ONLY IF YOU HAVE EXCELLENT CREDIT).

Simple. If you can get it at that price, then it will tell me that this car is a great value.

Good luck. Let me know what happens.
    I am a girl LOL Can't I make this simple like take nitrogen charge are you saying 30800 with all fees and accessories? I will finance with them so thats helps right
    edited May 2018
    I am a girl LOL Can't I make this simple like take nitrogen charge are you saying 30800 with all fees and accessories? I will finance with them so thats helps right
    No. Please re-read my previous post. $30.8k is only for the car. The accessories, fees and taxes are additional.

As for the nitrogen charge, they should either remove it or not charge you for it. Hope this clarifies things. Are you planning to buy this weekend? If yes, tell the dealer you will fill out a credit application before coming into dealership to sign paperwork. Want this transaction to be smooth for you.

I have been thinking of buying this car, however, I have not been impressed with pricing. Given the lack of any Flex cash, buying the Touring 2.0T was not appealing. Finance rates have not been the best. That could change.

Anyway, let us know if the dealer agrees to these terms.

sdouc99 said:

Maybe I am doing it wrong when I email dealerships. How do I go about asking for quotes? Please help!

Some dealers might be trying to meet their end of month goals and hence might be more open to work with you on a deal. 

sdouc99 said:

Maybe, maybe not. You have no way of knowing. Maybe they exceeded their goals for the month and aren’t too motivated, plus there’s a good chance they already used up all their allotted flex cash for the month.
    sdouc99 said:
    sdouc99 said:

sdouc99 said:

Maybe, maybe not. You have no way of knowing. Maybe they exceeded their goals for the month and aren’t too motivated, plus there’s a good chance they already used up all their allotted flex cash for the month.
    There is no flex cash this month. When flex cash is available, I would make my deal early on in the month.

Anyway. I am just trying to offer advice here. Take it or leave it for others to read. 
    edited May 2018
    @bluemkn57cars I did it the way you said and 1 question, one dealership is asking me for my address do I give it to them or do I run? We haven’t agreed, I just wanted to check the fees out.
  • gzbcl88gzbcl88 Member Posts: 6
    How much flex cash do dealers give out? It seems like many are waiting for flex cash to return, but how much is usually given out? Max & min?? I know each dealership will be different.
    @bluemkn57cars I did it the way you said and 1 question, one dealership is asking me for my address do I give it to them or do I run? We haven’t agreed, I just wanted to check the fees out.
    I would ask why they will need your address if you have not agreed on a deal. 
    gzbcl88 said:
    How much flex cash do dealers give out? It seems like many are waiting for flex cash to return, but how much is usually given out? Max & min?? I know each dealership will be different.
    Flex cash is an incentive offered by Honda. 5 years ago, that amount was $500. This year, that amount has been $1000. Again, it is an incentive and it does run out. No flex cash this month but it might come back next month. Who knows.
  • sbs0sbs0 Member Posts: 16
    How do you determine invoice price on a car?

And how is this deal in Seattle?

2.0T Sport:
    Sale price: $27,985
    OTD price: $31,518

Tax is 10% and doc/registration fees are $650 (included in the OTD price)
    TrueCar or CarGurus list the invoice price of cars. CarGurus lists the invoice price of the 2.0 Sport at $27,721. So if you're being quoted $27,985 before any fees and TTL, that is above invoice price and not a good deal at all. I would look around or try to bring that down below invoice.
    How do you define a good deal?  Price including tax is at or below invoice or the sales price is below invoice and then you add tax, fees on top.
  • john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    sbs0 said:

2.0T Sport:

TrueCar or CarGurus list the invoice price of cars. CarGurus lists the invoice price of the 2.0 Sport at $27,721. So if you're being quoted $27,985 before any fees and TTL, that is above invoice price and not a good deal at all. I would look around or try to bring that down below invoice.

How do you define a good deal?  Price including tax is at or below invoice or the sales price is below invoice and then you add tax, fees on top.

$1200 to 1800 below invoice seems to be what most are getting after doc fees are calculated into the deal. Your state taxes, and dmv fee's are separated from the deal .

• bruin99bruin99 Member Posts: 1
    Flex Cash -

Around Mid February (Presidents Day Weekend), Honda offered $1000 flex cash for leasing or financing. Towards the end of February the flex cash was for leasing, financing or outright purchasing. The flex cash was offered until 3/31/18 and in April instead of flex cash they offered lower interest/lease rates. Finance interest rates went from about 4.2% standard to 1.9% for 36 months and 2.9% for 48-60 months, not sure what the lease MF changed to.

I'm hopeful they'll bring back some flex cash for Memorial Day weekend, but that's just hopeful nothing to go on. The promotional interest rates are good through July 5th I believe so it may not be a while until they change their incentives again.
  • baltazaarbaltazaar Member Posts: 17
    slick123 said:
    The lowest I got quoted for 2018 Accord ex 1.5 is $24,272 + $80 doc fees(Cali) + taxes. That's $2k below invoice before doc fees. I just go through truecar and replied to their emails. I want to get it below $24k. Do you guys think I'll be able to get $23.5k during memorial weekend? In need of a car this month so waiting until 2019 models is out of option for me. Just out of curiosity, I see many people post here and buy EX-L. Just wondering is extra ~$2k worth it? I don't see major differences between EX and EX-L beside, leather seats, premium sound and memory driver seat. Thanks
    What dealer is this? Looking to get a sport and the best discount I have been able to get is 4K. Which SoCal dealers do you guys recommend 
    edited May 2018
    john4545 said:

sbs0 said:

2.0T Sport:

$1200 to 1800 below invoice seems to be what most are getting after doc fees are calculated into the deal. Your state taxes, and dmv fee's are separated from the deal .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@sbs0 - To add to what has already been said. Here is my $0.02. A good deal is pricing below invoice for the model you are looking to purchase. A great deal is the best pricing below invoice you are able to negotiate in your area. For example, Mark who lives in California was able to negotiate a price that is $2k below invoice on a 2.0 T Touring. His doc fees are only $80. His effective deal is $1920 below invoice with doc fees. Mike lives in MA. He was also able to negotiate a price of $2k below invoice, but his dealer doc fees are $400. Hence, his effective deal is about $1600 below invoice with doc fees. Both Mark and Mike are happy with their deals since this was the best pricing in their area.

As long as you have done research, are aware of pricing and any incentives applicable to the model you are looking to buy, you will be able to negotiate a good deal on a car. Just remember not to get emotional during the purchase process, and be ready to walk away from a bad deal.

Good luck.
  • swinglifeswinglife Member Posts: 166
    Hello, Please provide MF/Residual for 36/12K for 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T Sedan & EX-L 2.0T Sedan in Zip Code 98422.

Thank you in Advance.
    swinglife said:
    Hello, Please provide MF/Residual for 36/12K for 2018 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T Sedan & EX-L 2.0T Sedan in Zip Code 98422. Thank you in Advance.
    Wrong forum. Try the lease forum here: https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/48615/honda/accord/2018-honda-accord-lease-deals-and-prices#latest.
    California taxes along with local are killer?
    Ranging from $3,050 to $3,200
    Anyway to negotiate this? :(

I also like some other users before have a dealer trying to push accessories, the usual it seems... Mudguards, wheel locks, cargo tray.
    edited May 2018
    baltazaar said:

What dealer is this? Looking to get a sport and the best discount I have been able to get is 4K. Which SoCal dealers do you guys recommend 

Seems like some dealers are giving out a 4K discount without the $500/$500 in incentives.
    It's good to know I'm not the only one getting that 4K off, yet taxes seem to neglect some of that 4K since they're high off the roof.

Try the Norm Reeves chain of dealers?
  • sbs0sbs0 Member Posts: 16

2.0T Sport:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- @sbs0 - To add to what has already been said. Here is my $0.02. A good deal is pricing below invoice for the model you are looking to purchase. A great deal is the best pricing below invoice you are able to negotiate in your area. For example, Mark who lives in California was able to negotiate a price that is $2k below invoice on a 2.0 T Touring. His doc fees are only $80. His effective deal is $1920 below invoice with doc fees. Mike lives in MA. He was also able to negotiate a price of $2k below invoice, but his dealer doc fees are $400. Hence, his effective deal is about $1600 below invoice with doc fees. Both Mark and Mike are happy with their deals since this was the best pricing in their area. As long as you have done research, are aware of pricing and any incentives applicable to the model you are looking to buy, you will be able to negotiate a good deal on a car. Just remember not to get emotional during the purchase process, and be ready to walk away from a bad deal. Good luck.
    Great! Thanks for the pointers.  Where does the acq fee fit in?  I often see it separate from invoice.  So $27,7 invoice for 2.0t sport + $895 acq fee.  In the hypothetical above is Mark's actual effective deal $1920 - acq fee?
    edited May 2018
    sbs0 said:

2.0T Sport:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- @sbs0 - To add to what has already been said. Here is my $0.02. A good deal is pricing below invoice for the model you are looking to purchase. A great deal is the best pricing below invoice you are able to negotiate in your area. For example, Mark who lives in California was able to negotiate a price that is $2k below invoice on a 2.0 T Touring. His doc fees are only $80. His effective deal is $1920 below invoice with doc fees. Mike lives in MA. He was also able to negotiate a price of $2k below invoice, but his dealer doc fees are $400. Hence, his effective deal is about $1600 below invoice with doc fees. Both Mark and Mike are happy with their deals since this was the best pricing in their area. As long as you have done research, are aware of pricing and any incentives applicable to the model you are looking to buy, you will be able to negotiate a good deal on a car. Just remember not to get emotional during the purchase process, and be ready to walk away from a bad deal. Good luck.
    Great! Thanks for the pointers.  Where does the acq fee fit in?  I often see it separate from invoice.  So $27,7 invoice for 2.0t sport + $895 acq fee.  In the hypothetical above is Mark's actual effective deal $1920 - acq fee?
    Acquisition fee only applies when you are leasing. So to summarize, take into account your dealer doc fees when negotiating the sale price of a car. 
    So should one pay the doc fees outright?

Most in California are $80. Thoughts?
  • derickmartinderickmartin Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018
    Being offered this for 2018 accord sport 1.5l  I live in Southern California. All the cars had that dang accessory package that added to msrp (wheel locks, nitrogen tires, mud guards, trunk tray) Am I  getting hosed or is this a fair price?
    edited May 2018
    CA doc fee's are capped at 80 dollars all dealerships . If your leasing some people like to roll all fee's into lease except DMV fee's.

edited May 2018

Being offered this for 2018 accord sport 1.5l  I live in Southern California. All the cars had that dang accessory package that added to msrp (wheel locks, nitrogen tires, mud guards, trunk tray) Am I  getting hosed or is this a fair price?

Make dealer match the lowest price from these online stores if wont remove charges. Even securing dealer prices at below sites is still not dealers invoice, but its a good deal for both parties

Collegehills Honda
    Cheaphondaparts.com
    Hondapartsforyou.com
    Honda-accessories.com

Walker Honda had some of the best pricing in the country on Accord warranties 2 years ago if anyone is interested .

Walker Honda was offering a 5yr/75k for ...........$595.

I know a few more dealerships that offer very good warranties if anyone is interested ? I personally never buy one. I think it defeats the purpose of................... The Car............. that sells itself ! ( Jackie Mason )

I don’t know what the market in CA is like but in the Northeast I got a 1.5 EX for that price (including doc fee) FYI
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151

Invoice for the sport is 24483, right about what they are offering 24477. That does not sound good at all
  • john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    No not a good deal
  • slick123slick123 Member Posts: 4

Sorry, not a good deal at all, IMO. I got this from turecar from Honda Cars of Corona.

2018 Honda Accord Sedan
    Sport CVT
    VIN: 1HGCV1F37JA150819
    MSRP $26,670
    Guaranteed Savings - $3,555
    Dealer Fees & Accessories + $80
    Total Before Tax $23,195
  • slick123slick123 Member Posts: 4
    baltazaar said:

slick123 said:

The lowest I got quoted for 2018 Accord ex 1.5 is $24,272 + $80 doc fees(Cali) + taxes. That's $2k below invoice before doc fees. I just go through truecar and replied to their emails. I want to get it below $24k. Do you guys think I'll be able to get $23.5k during memorial weekend? In need of a car this month so waiting until 2019 models is out of option for me.
    Just out of curiosity, I see many people post here and buy EX-L. Just wondering is extra ~$2k worth it? I don't see major differences between EX and EX-L beside, leather seats, premium sound and memory driver seat.
    Thanks

The dealer is "Culver City Honda" I'm still in the market and looking for one so I don't have any recommendation. The best quote from truecar I have gotten is from "Honda Cars of Corona" Hope that helps.
  • baltazaarbaltazaar Member Posts: 17
    slick123 said:
    slick123 said:
    The lowest I got quoted for 2018 Accord ex 1.5 is $24,272 + $80 doc fees(Cali) + taxes. That's $2k below invoice before doc fees. I just go through truecar and replied to their emails. I want to get it below $24k. Do you guys think I'll be able to get $23.5k during memorial weekend? In need of a car this month so waiting until 2019 models is out of option for me. Just out of curiosity, I see many people post here and buy EX-L. Just wondering is extra ~$2k worth it? I don't see major differences between EX and EX-L beside, leather seats, premium sound and memory driver seat. Thanks
    The dealer is "Culver City Honda" I'm still in the market and looking for one so I don't have any recommendation. The best quote from truecar I have gotten is from "Honda Cars of Corona" Hope that helps.
    How much discount have you been able to get?
    the best quote for me has been 22500 for accord sport which is about 4200 off