Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited Lease

vicenzavicenza Member Posts: 52
edited October 2017 in Chrysler
Can I please get the money factor and residual for a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited for 36 month and 15k. Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042
    vicenza said:

Can I please get the money factor and residual for a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited for 36 month and 15k.

Thanks

Standard MF and 55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• vicenzavicenza Member Posts: 52
    What is the standard rate?
    vicenza said:

What is the standard rate?

around .00190 - .00213; don't have the exact number for October

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• bx41pathbx41path Member Posts: 17
    Can you please post the current mf and residual for 2018 Pacifica hybrid limited 36m/12k and 15k? Thank you
    bx41path said:

Can you please post the current mf and residual for 2018 Pacifica hybrid limited 36m/12k and 15k? Thank you

Standard MF and 55% / 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bx41pathbx41path Member Posts: 17
    Michaell said:

bx41path said:

Thanks. Is standard MF still around .00190 - .00213?
    bx41path said:

Michaell said:

bx41path said:

Thanks. Is standard MF still around .00190 - .00213?
    Yes, we don't know the exact rate, but likely in that range.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dcvtwodcvtwo Member Posts: 34
    Hello! Can I please have the current MF, RV, and any incentives for a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, 36 months / 12K, in SE Michigan? Please advise if MF is still in the .00190 - .00213 range. Thank you.
    dcvtwo said:

Hello! Can I please have the current MF, RV, and any incentives for a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, 36 months / 12K, in SE Michigan? Please advise if MF is still in the .00190 - .00213 range. Thank you.

Standard MF (between .00190 and .00220) and 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ladpladp Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2018
    May I please get the current MF and Resudual Value on both Pacifica Hybrid Limited and Touring L?  12k/36, Southern California. Also- any incentives that would be in play this weekend. (Costco Member if that helps).   Thank you! 
    ladp said:

May I please get the current MF and Resudual Value on both Pacifica Hybrid Limited and Touring L?  12k/36, Southern California. Also- any incentives that would be in play this weekend. (Costco Member if that helps).   Thank you! 

standard MF (we think it's .00193, this month) and 56% (T-L) or 58% (Ltd)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ladpladp Member Posts: 4
    Thanks- it is .0193   And they offered 59% RV.  Sticker is over $48k, (negotiated price 42,480), 1k down, 483/month pre tax, 12k, 36.  Thanks for the help.  I’m taking it.  Sounds pretty aggressive, no? 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    ladp said:

Thanks- it is .0193   And they offered 59% RV.  Sticker is over $48k, (negotiated price 42,480), 1k down, 483/month pre tax, 12k, 36.  Thanks for the help.  I’m taking it.  Sounds pretty aggressive, no? 

Not a bad deal on that vehicle, considering the lease program available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Louis GoetzLouis Goetz Member Posts: 7
    Can you please tell me the residual and MF for a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited in South Florida - 3 years and 4 years - 15000 miles per year? Thank you.

Can you please tell me the residual and MF for a 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited in South Florida - 3 years and 4 years - 15000 miles per year? Thank you.

.00213 MF and 58%/48% residual for 36/48 mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you for the information. Maybe you can help me understand something. Is there a reason why dealerships here wouldn't want to lease this vehicle? I was at 3 dealerships this weekend and with a 740 credit score each of them quoted me prices between $840 and $900 a month for a 3 year 15K mile lease with nothing down and no trade. Worse, they all staunchly refused to come off those numbers, two of them wouldn't even give me a second offer. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Thank you for the information. Maybe you can help me understand something. Is there a reason why dealerships here wouldn't want to lease this vehicle? I was at 3 dealerships this weekend and with a 740 credit score each of them quoted me prices between $840 and $900 a month for a 3 year 15K mile lease with nothing down and no trade. Worse, they all staunchly refused to come off those numbers, two of them wouldn't even give me a second offer. This doesn't make any sense to me.

The lease program isn't very good on the hybrid. Partly, because they are very popular. Dealers like to try to hit a home run. Even if they pared it to the bone, you are probably at $700+ for a lease payment. That's a lot for a mini-van. The dealers probably think that most of the time, they aren't going to close any lease deals at that payment (and, they are probably right)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Maybe I was wrong. I thought a lease program was nothing more than a function of arithmetic: ((Cap - Res) ÷ # of payments) + ((Cap + Res) x MF) = Lease Payment. Then add sales tax. Based on the Res and MF you quoted, if the dealer doesn't take anything off the MSRP (48,860) other than the $1,750 rebate and doesn't pass on any of the $7,500 federal tax credit, the payment would be $621. At $840+ it's like they'e adding $7K to the MSRP. It's just mind boggling.

Maybe I was wrong. I thought a lease program was nothing more than a function of arithmetic: ((Cap - Res) ÷ # of payments) + ((Cap + Res) x MF) = Lease Payment. Then add sales tax. Based on the Res and MF you quoted, if the dealer doesn't take anything off the MSRP (48,860) other than the $1,750 rebate and doesn't pass on any of the $7,500 federal tax credit, the payment would be $621. At $840+ it's like they'e adding $7K to the MSRP. It's just mind boggling.

The dealer doesn't get the tax credit, the bank does.
    Their way of passing it along, is to give the Hybrid a lot higher residual than the gas model.

Plus, Florida might be the worst place in the country to buy a car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ericjt2ericjt2 Member Posts: 2
    Can I please get the current MF and Resudual Value on the 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited for 36 months lease in northern California? Thank you.
    ericjt2 said:

Can I please get the current MF and Resudual Value on the 2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited for 36 months lease in northern California? Thank you.

We don't have the hybrid lease numbers, yet.. Hopefully, early this week

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chris_byrdchris_byrd Member Posts: 14
    Okay, a buddy of mine put me onto this group, and looks like the topic is exactly what I was looking to understand. I would appreciate any info someone can provide.

I live in Atlanta (zip 30319) and I got a quote for a 36 mo / 12k mi lease today for a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited. The quoted price was $41,785. They offered $2k in rebates, and I offered to put $4k down. The quoted monthly lease rate was $724.37 !!!

I know this is horrible, so I started looking into why. The money factor (MF) on the quote was 0.00209 (or around 5% APR). That seems to be reasonable, or within expectations, given the other posts.

What doesn't seem reasonable is the residual value. They stated the residual value would be $17,967.55 at the end of 36 mo, which would be 43% of the original value. It looks like most other people on this forum state the RV % should be about 55-58%, depending on the model.

Is there someone that has the MF and RV % for the Atlanta area for July so I can go back and have another chat with these dudes?

Okay, a buddy of mine put me onto this group, and looks like the topic is exactly what I was looking to understand. I would appreciate any info someone can provide.

I live in Atlanta (zip 30319) and I got a quote for a 36 mo / 12k mi lease today for a Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited. The quoted price was $41,785. They offered $2k in rebates, and I offered to put $4k down. The quoted monthly lease rate was $724.37 !!!

I know this is horrible, so I started looking into why. The money factor (MF) on the quote was 0.00209 (or around 5% APR). That seems to be reasonable, or within expectations, given the other posts.

What doesn't seem reasonable is the residual value. They stated the residual value would be $17,967.55 at the end of 36 mo, which would be 43% of the original value. It looks like most other people on this forum state the RV % should be about 55-58%, depending on the model.

Is there someone that has the MF and RV % for the Atlanta area for July so I can go back and have another chat with these dudes?

36/12 residual on the Pacific Limited Hybrid is 46%

We don't know the standard MF rate for July, but .00209 is within range.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• alexandriaalexandria Member Posts: 12
    How is the $7500 federal tax credit incorporated into the lease? Do you subtract $7500 from the negotiated price as a starting point? Thanks!

How is the $7500 federal tax credit incorporated into the lease? Do you subtract $7500 from the negotiated price as a starting point? Thanks!

Negotiate your best price, then subtract the incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• alexandriaalexandria Member Posts: 12
    Thanks. Follow up - then is the residual value based on the capitalized cost (e.g. 55% of the capitalized cost) OR is it based on the capitalized cost PLUS the $7500?

Thanks. Follow up - then is the residual value based on the capitalized cost (e.g. 55% of the capitalized cost) OR is it based on the capitalized cost PLUS the $7500?

Residual is a percentage of the full MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• leasevirginialeasevirginia Member Posts: 2
    In Northern Virginia:
    2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, total MSRP is $46,590. "Destination Charge" of $1345 brings total to $47,935. Dealer offering discount of $9000, so final price is $38,935.

Lease would be 36 months, 10k miles/yr.

They're using a money factor of .00361, which seems super-high. Resulting monthly payment is $725.95.

Can anyone offer input on where I can hope to land here?

Also, dealer told me that the $7500 tax incentive for the hybrid doesn't apply since this is a lease. Is that true?

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.