Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• swampcerranoswampcerrano Member Posts: 9
    Brian,

Thank you so much for the input. I put out 14 emails yesterday, but only Paul Miller and Garden State, have responded with any type of price breakdown which I posted here. Every other dealer has either failed to respond or asked that I come in, so following the advice of the board here, I have weeded them out.

So based on that, should I email each dealer again with a $28,000 offer price (including destination) and then wait for responses. I did get the Paul Miller rep to agree to beating the Garden State price by $100 so that would be 31,230. I'm guessing I should send Paul Miller the email where the Garden State rep said he would come down $200. That would make it 27,416 without destination and see if Paul Miller would beat it.

Again, I'm sorry I'm being a newb. I just want to make sure I am reading you correctly.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    edited May 2018

Heres another from Garden State Honda. 

2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 

Quote  27616
    Dest 890
    Acc 150.95
    DMV 317.45
    Taxes 1927.54
    Doc 429

Total 31330.94

Not sure what the Acc is.  He said he could come down another $200 yo $300 hundred from that after I counteroffered $27,500 OTD. 
    Is there a reason you countered with $27.5 OTD? Your sale price is $28,508. @brian125 has already broken down your deal and provided suggestions for negotiating your best deal at the end of the month.

Here is my advice; reach out to each dealer that provided you with an email quote and tell them you will buy today for XX,XXX (Brian suggested $28k), and see who blinks or accepts your offer the last 2 days of the month. Emailing dealers back and forth just to save an additional 100 or 200 bucks might not be worth it, IMO. Regarding pricing, find out what the "Acc" charge for $150 is. It sounds like accessories. Does the car come with dealer add-ons or floor mats, etc...?

It looks like pricing on the Accord is not the best in NJ this month. Good luck.
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    edited May 2018

Brian,

Thank you so much for the input. I put out 14 emails yesterday, but only Paul Miller and Garden State, have responded with any type of price breakdown which I posted here. Every other dealer has either failed to respond or asked that I come in, so following the advice of the board here, I have weeded them out.

So based on that, should I email each dealer again with a $28,000 offer price (including destination) and then wait for responses. I did get the Paul Miller rep to agree to beating the Garden State price by $100 so that would be 31,230. I'm guessing I should send Paul Miller the email where the Garden State rep said he would come down $200. That would make it 27,416 without destination and see if Paul Miller would beat it.

Again, I'm sorry I'm being a newb. I just want to make sure I am reading you correctly.

Not sure why you are not including the destination fee with the price of the car. MSRP, Invoice price, Sale price includes the destination fee. Everyone pays that charge (since it is included in the price), so there is no need to list them separately. Some dealers do that to make you think you are getting a good deal on a car.

Please see my previous response about emailing dealers back and forth at this stage of your search. If "Paul Miller" will beat the other price by at least $500 then that's a deal. Beating "Garden State" by only $100 is not worth it.

Feel free to do what's best for you, but I do not want you to waste any more time trying to save a few bucks.
    Heres another from Garden State Honda. 

2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 

Quote  27616
    Dest 890
    Acc 150.95
    DMV 317.45
    Taxes 1927.54
    Doc 429

Total 31330.94

Not sure what the Acc is.  He said he could come down another $200 yo $300 hundred from that after I counteroffered $27,500 OTD. 
    Is there a reason you countered with $27.5 OTD? Your sale price is $28,508. @brian125 has already broken down your deal and provided suggestions for negotiating your best deal at the end of the month. Here is my advice; reach out to each dealer that provided you with an email quote and tell them you will buy today for XX,XXX (Brian suggested $28k), and see who blinks or accepts your offer the last 2 days of the month. Emailing dealers back and forth just to save an additional 100 or 200 bucks might not be worth it, IMO. Regarding pricing, find out what the "Acc" charge for $150 is. It sounds like accessories. Does the car come with dealer add-ons or floor mats, etc...? It looks like pricing on the Accord is not the best in NJ this month. Good luck.
    To answer your question, it’s because I am not too bright. In all honesty I don’t think it really hurt, but I understand it was completely unrealistic. I did that yesterday before Brian gave his #. 

I appreciate you all spending your time giving advice. I am trying to follow it and I think it is working. I wish I could trust my current vehicle (‘05 Accord) to last through the summer without another $600 repair, but with 160,000 miles on it, I’m playing with fire and that’s why I have to buy now. 
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited May 2018
    I agree with blue same applies with emails as does phone calls. use what ever method is easier for you. I make calls thou , I don't have time for dealer BS I want the person in charge who can say Yes or No to me right then and there. time is a factor

Yes stop asking dealers for there best price . tell all dealerships via phone, emails & dealer websites what price gets your business today. let each dealer know your model, color you will buy for 28k which includes the destination but excludes taxes, doc fee , dmv fee's which brings you up to the 30800 or so OTD . Then let these next 2 days play out. Dealers will not disregard your offer. $1500 to 1600 below invoice is probably the best deal you could make in NJ this month.

Reach out to New Rochelle Honda if you don't mind the travel to NY. Doc fees are only 75 dollars there. Call dealership ask for the Internet manager tell Mgr. you live in NJ and will buy a Accord EXL 2.0 from them today for $1600 below the models Invoice price . Then ask can your dealership meet my price @28k for the sale right NOW. you'll leave a credit card deposit . Its a Yes or No answer, if mgr or dealer counters tell them you'll consider but X gets the sale now . Then move onto the next dealer if your making calls .

If I was buying a Accord this month I would call each of my targeted dealer ( 15 to 20 ) Int. Mgrs. and do just like I'm telling you now . If mgr. is busy I leave my number for a call back but I let whom ever picks up know I'm buying a vehicle today. Then I call the next dealer.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

Bear with me here my grandson locked up my old laptop cant get the bug out of it to correct postings & errors.

keep re- reading the buying advice your getting here , then write down any other questions your not sure about on how to proceed with this sale. then ask away you will be helped . ...................good luck NJ

So it is done and sitting in my driveway. 2018 Ex-L 2.0 from Planet Honda

27,500 (including destination)
    499 doc fees
    301 title/tag/reg
    1855.62 taxes
    7.50 tire fee
    10.40 online processing fee

Grand total of $30,173.52

Without you guys I would have easily paid $400 for some safe and secure package, $390 for some nitro package and the wheel locks and whatever else. When I walked in, they had a bill with the vehicle price at $28,000 and all of that extra stuff. I flat out told them I'm not paying for x, not paying for y, and if they don't have the correct bill on the desk in 20 minutes, I'm walking. 20 minutes later they had it right. (Now actually driving off the lot took a little longer, but I'm not mad) Because you shared your knowledge and experience, it gave me the confidence to be firm and get what I feel is a pretty decent deal. Maybe holding out a couple of days would have helped, but so far the closest to this deal was Garden State at 31,130.

Thanks again Brian for giving another option with New Rochelle, but I don't know if I would have been able to get out there, although their doc fees are attractive.

tonyg2016, you were a big help too. And blue, thanks for all of your advice.

And just when I thought I had crossed the finish line, my wife asked me if I would be willing to help her mother get a new car. oy vey!
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    So it is done and sitting in my driveway. 2018 Ex-L 2.0 from Planet Honda 27,500 (including destination) 499 doc fees 301 title/tag/reg 1855.62 taxes 7.50 tire fee 10.40 online processing fee Grand total of $30,173.52 Without you guys I would have easily paid $400 for some safe and secure package, $390 for some nitro package and the wheel locks and whatever else. When I walked in, they had a bill with the vehicle price at $28,000 and all of that extra stuff. I flat out told them I'm not paying for x, not paying for y, and if they don't have the correct bill on the desk in 20 minutes, I'm walking. 20 minutes later they had it right. (Now actually driving off the lot took a little longer, but I'm not mad) Because you shared your knowledge and experience, it gave me the confidence to be firm and get what I feel is a pretty decent deal. Maybe holding out a couple of days would have helped, but so far the closest to this deal was Garden State at 31,130. Thanks again Brian for giving another option with New Rochelle, but I don't know if I would have been able to get out there, although their doc fees are attractive. tonyg2016, you were a big help too. And blue, thanks for all of your advice. And just when I thought I had crossed the finish line, my wife asked me if I would be willing to help her mother get a new car. oy vey!
    I would have held off paying that tire fee.
    ral2167 said:

499 doc fees
    301 title/tag/reg
    1855.62 taxes
    7.50 tire fee

Without you guys I would have easily paid $400 for some safe and secure package, $390 for some nitro package and the wheel locks and whatever else. When I walked in, they had a bill with the vehicle price at $28,000 and all of that extra stuff. I flat out told them I'm not paying for x, not paying for y, and if they don't have the correct bill on the desk in 20 minutes, I'm walking. 20 minutes later they had it right. (Now actually driving off the lot took a little longer, but I'm not mad) Because you shared your knowledge and experience, it gave me the confidence to be firm and get what I feel is a pretty decent deal. Maybe holding out a couple of days would have helped, but so far the closest to this deal was Garden State at 31,130.

Thanks again Brian for giving another option with New Rochelle, but I don't know if I would have been able to get out there, although their doc fees are attractive.

And just when I thought I had crossed the finish line, my wife asked me if I would be willing to help her mother get a new car. oy vey!

Oh, now you tell me.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    edited May 2018

27,500 (including destination)....

Since the msrp of this model is $32,865, you got a discount of $5k off of msrp! Great deal! They must have really wanted to move the metal....Makes me think of Dire Straits from c.33 years ago: "We got to move these refrigerators," we got to move these Honda Accooooooords!

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136

499 doc fees
    301 title/tag/reg
    1855.62 taxes
    7.50 tire fee

you did a nice job negotiating. lots of luck with your accord. How much below invoice did your deal come too? I think Brian and Blue helped you nail this deal down.. thank you guys for helping us here and everyone who comments. jerseydevil has given me some good leads and info too.

asking again was 1600 below price about what your deal came too in NJ. the dealerships doc fee of 499 is crazy how do they get away with robbing buyers like that? Id love to make this same deal but throw on top the flex money. hoping ???? does anyone have any new info on flex cash?

I asked about the tire fee in nj also when I was emailed with pricing on my sport model . they said its a mandatory charge state law. is this true? 7 dollars is not a deal breaker . Im going to send out a round of emails to dealerships today once I find out what above deal came to?

Hello.......... @blue , @brian help please with planet Honda pricing . if I could get another 500 off above deal and get my model in PA I might buy today
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

ral2167 said:

499 doc fees
    301 title/tag/reg
    1855.62 taxes
    7.50 tire fee

Oh, now you tell me.

Tire fee is a state fee. It's used to pay for cleaning up all those tire dumps from the 20th century.

I'm pretty sure @ral2167 was kidding.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    @john4545

msrp on ex-l 2.0T = 32860 (msrp always includes destination; beware dealers that separate destination - it's bs)
    invoice on this car is 30125

swamp dude's deal at Planet Honda was amazing:
    REAL sell price = 27500 + 499 doc = 27999 or 2126 under invoice

who needs flex cash with a sweet deal like that?

• Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    john4545 said:

I asked about the tire fee in nj also when I was emailed with pricing on my sport model . they said its a mandatory charge state law. is this true? 7 dollars is not a deal breaker . Im going to send out a round of emails to dealerships today once I find out what above deal came to?

Hello.......... @blue , @brian help please with planet Honda pricing . if I could get another 500 off above deal and get my model in PA I might buy today

You could get 350 off a similar deal if you buy in Pa because their doc fees are much less... around 150. Garden state has 287 accords in stock so I am hoping they are willing to budge on price before they have to sign these cars up for kindergarten. On a side note I scoped out JL freed on sunday and saw a fresh touring 2.0T just off the truck and it had a sticker on it that said "dealer cost". MSRP was 36,695 and dealer cost was 31,269 + 58 for wheel locks... I'm sure they forgot to remove this sticker

john4545 said:

You could get 350 off a similar deal if you buy in Pa because their doc fees are much less... around 150. Garden state has 287 accords in stock so I am hoping they are willing to budge on price before they have to sign these cars up for kindergarten. On a side note I scoped out JL freed on sunday and saw a fresh touring 2.0T just off the truck and it had a sticker on it that said "dealer cost". MSRP was 36,695 and dealer cost was 31,269 + 58 for wheel locks... I'm sure they forgot to remove this sticker
    Re: Touring 2.0 T pricing - This tell me this car can be had for close to $31k if a dealer is "desperate" for a sale. However, my gut tells me the end of the quarter (end of June) might be a good time to buy (if you can wait).

@john4545 - I have no insight into whether Flex cash will make a come back next month or later this summer. My advice is if you get a deal you cannot pass up today or tomorrow, then go for it. However, if you are in no rush to buy and the deals do not look that great, wait a few days for June.

We all know Accords are not selling well, and eventually, dealers will have to start marking down pricing to move inventory and make way for 2019 models in the fall. Time will tell, however, it might not be worth it waiting a couple of months to save a few hundred bucks, IMO.

@swampcerrano - Congrats on the deal. Thanks for sharing your experience for everyone to see how deals are made. Please pay it forward by helping anyone in NJ or anyone looking to buy the same trim. Enjoy the car.

@brian125 - Any insight into whether Honda will bring back Flex cash, given how sales of the Accord have been? You had mentioned a while back that Q3 might be the best time to buy. Let's hope Honda offers better incentives for the Accord soon.
    tonyg2016 said:

@john4545

msrp on ex-l 2.0T = 32860 (msrp always includes destination; beware dealers that separate destination - it's bs)

who needs flex cash with a sweet deal like that?

Thank-you @Tony2016 for pricing breakdown.

I'm off about $500 off this deal in NJ. I'm thinking maybe the exl 2.0 model is plentiful at dealerships not like sport models . Do you agree / disagree with what @brian 125 was saying in tread last month and what @bluemkn57cars just posted above . Buyers who can wait till the end of the 3 quarter in June will make a difference in better pricing with possible more incentive money?

john4545 said:

@jerseydevil01

Going to check inventory on sport models at Garden-State . 287 accords seems like a lot of vehicles sitting around

• tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    edited May 2018
    john4545 said:

tonyg2016 said:

@john4545

I'm off about $500 off this deal in NJ. I'm thinking maybe the exl 2.0 model is plentiful at dealerships not like sport models . Do you agree / disagree with what @brian 125 was saying in tread last month and what @bluemkn57cars just posted above . Buyers who can wait till the end of the 3 quarter in June will make a difference in better pricing with possible more incentive money?
    Your crystal ball is as good as mine; nobody knows what Honda will do and when. Frankly, I am surprised that they haven't sweetened the incentive pot already given the extremely high levels of inventory at dealerships.

Those 2 high-volume dealers in NJ (Planet and Garden State) have huge amounts (250+) of Accords. Note that they have 3 times more EX-L 2.0T models than Sport 2.0T models. If you are at 1500 under invoice (or better), that may be the lower limit on the Sport model. I can't tell you if/when to pull the trigger.

Just last night, two guys using this forum got deals at Planet Honda:
    - swampcerrano got an excellent purchase deal on an EX-L 2.0T
    - sebek75 got a very good lease deal on an EX-L 2.0T

Kudos to @swampcerrano for declining all FOUR of the add-on upsells in the finance office. Knowledge and preparation is key to getting a good deal from the sales dept and keeping it a good deal in the finance office.

@jerseydevil01

Have you dealt with Honda of Toms river . Dealership told me they close to 300 Accords , they seem anxious to sell today. I explain to them planet Honda was over 2100 below price and was told in a matter of seconds they will match beat the exl model for $ 27,300 including freight charge . I explained I wanted a sport model and they said to come down they will do a same price deal with a sport model. Have you contacted any NJ , PA dealers today for pricing? I have had better luck getting pricing today with my dealers. waiting on a response from Concelli Honda in philly.

@john4545

Listen to me........... take a deep breath you have the buying advantage with dealers tonight and tomm. . You need to decide tonight what price makes you buy a Accord. Remember pitting dealers against each other is how you will come out on top . Honda dealers have 200 to 300 plus on lots . If your target price is not met tonight the prices you are getting from dealers will be the same and better next month with the ending 2nd sales quarter.

On Flex cash.. I would think when Honda wants to start there Accord fire sale it may come back or in another form of Trunk money to dealers to sell cheaper.

If Toms River has your sport model have int / mgr email you a conformation of vehicle, color and price which includes the destination charge. Toms river doc's are 399 so add that ontop of your asking price.

Post back if you need help

Thanks for responding Brian. I'm waiting on 2 dealerships in Philly and Scranton PA. You were right about pricing today and tomorrow so much better . Can I IM you if either of these dealers meet my price tonight. T.Y...........................................John
    I'm around tonight for questions

edited May 2018
    john4545 said:

@jerseydevil01

Have you dealt with Honda of Toms river . Dealership told me they close to 300 Accords , they seem anxious to sell today. I explain to them planet Honda was over 2100 below price and was told in a matter of seconds they will match beat the exl model for $ 27,300 including freight charge . I explained I wanted a sport model and they said to come down they will do a same price deal with a sport model. Have you contacted any NJ , PA dealers today for pricing? I have had better luck getting pricing today with my dealers. waiting on a response from Concelli Honda in philly.

I have not dealt with Toms river but got a quote from conicelli about a week ago, nothing special but beware , they do add military and college grad disc to thier quoted price. Only other price I got today was from Garden State and I am not happy with them. Good luck finding a deal before the end of the month. I am going to hold off till june or july to see if the flexcash comes back, it will be interesting to see if the may quotes I got go down by 1000 if the flexcash returns
    edited May 2018
    @jerseydevil01

Keep John informed you could both help each other

For anyone who lives in the Boston area or in the Northeast, check out these MA dealerships. Here are the number of Accords available on their lot:
    • Boch Honda: 334 + 9 Hybrids
    • Herb Chambers Honda of Boston: 299 + 10 Hybrids
    • Honda Cars of Boston: 121 + 4 Hybrids
    • Kelly Honda: 147
    • Honda North: 121
    • Honda Gallery: 90
    Boch Honda and Herb Chambers are volume dealers. Their doc fees are around $450, but they can be pretty aggressive with pricing. I have never bought from them, though. Honda Cars has the lowest doc fees of $298.

Make your best deal tomorrow by telling them you will BUY TODAY from whomever gives you the lowest price. No games. No B.S. Do not walk into a dealership unless you are signing papers and picking up the car. Do not mess up any good deal by buying extended warranties in the Finance office.

Good luck and feel free to post your deal here.
    @john4545 - I agree with @brian125. Take a deep breadth. Here is my advice for you:

1. Decide on either the Sports or the EX-L asap.
    2. Review pricing on this forum and online for your chosen trim.
    3. Reach out to internet managers who will play ball and tell them you will BUY TODAY from whomever offers you the lowest price (sale price plus doc fees). No games. No B.S.
    4. Only walk into a dealership to sign the papers.

You will do fine tomorrow whether you buy or not. Good luck.
  • edmundshackredmundshackr Member Posts: 16
    So what I'm picking up from here is to contact dealerships that have 250-300 in inventory. What price would you guys target for a Touring 2.0?

Thinking 29K, thoughts?

Got to add 80 dealer doc fee and like 3,500 in CA/local taxes
    @jerseydevil01 , @bluemkn57cars , @brian125 here is my day yesterday and pricing . Thanks again for your time and advice. I learned so much these past 6 months reading forum posts.

So yesterday i used the advice from the great people in this forum who advise on buying. I used emails and placed phone calls to 7 dealers int/ mgrs that I found to be upfront and did not play any head games . The pricing I received was honest , could of bought yesterday but think I could still save more if I wait 1 more month . Will see.
    Today if any dealerships have a change of heart & pricing from yesterday I may consider a sale.. Honda of Toms River said they would match Planet Honda's $27,500 offer for a EXL model but would not do same deal on Sport model . when I pushed the sales team about why not I found out the freight charge was not included in that 27.5k offer. I have spoke with my 7 finalist dealers in the NJ, PA, DE area. all thou pricing was better from last month I could not nail down a deal for $2000 below invoice price after doc fee assessments .

I called planet Honda in NJ spoke with internet team then int mgr. Planet Honda said they CAN not make a deal for $2100 below invoice after doc fee . This mgr said there not in the business of giving away vehicles lol.

Concelli Honda in philly was roughly $1675 below invoice for a sport model and Scranton Honda matched . 2 other PA dealers would not match above . Price Honda in DE was $1475 below invoice. all these dealers doc fees need to be added into above pricing. With Flex Cash these prices would be great deals !

Recommended dealers like Auto-sport & Madison Honda gave me the best price in NJ, but not much better than above pricing . So I will wait another month if today don't pan out . Hopefully @ brian125 is right about ending sales quarter in June.

Traveling up to Boston to @bluemkn57cars dealer... Honda cars of Boston is not worth my time and effort to save 600. Hopefully today I have better news for you guys
    @benjaminh I see your up .Thanks for your posting and vast knowledge on this new Accord .I was reading your accord posts in the other forum and what you've been saying about this new accord . It persuaded me from buying a Camry. T.Y. How is pricing on Accords in your area? R they selling. Anything new to report on the 2018 0r 2019 Accord . any thoughts on incentives ?
    edited May 2018
    So what I'm picking up from here is to contact dealerships that have 250-300 in inventory. What price would you guys target for a Touring 2.0? Thinking 29K, thoughts? Got to add 80 dealer doc fee and like 3,500 in CA/local taxes
    Not quite. High volume dealers might be more open to offering you a good deal vs a smaller dealership, but my advice will be to reach out to any dealership that has the car you want in the color combination of your choice.

$29k for a car with an MSRP of nearly $37k and an invoice price of about $33.6k is unreasonable. You will get laughed at by most sales people. Have you requested online sales quote from different dealers? What is the best sales price you have received? Whatever that number is, work from there and make your best deal if you plan to buy today. 
    edited May 2018
    john4545 said:

@benjaminh I see your up .Thanks for your posting and vast knowledge on this new Accord .I was reading your accord posts in the other forum and what you've been saying about this new accord . It persuaded me from buying a Camry. T.Y. How is pricing on Accords in your area? R they selling. Anything new to report on the 2018 0r 2019 Accord . any thoughts on incentives ?

Having been in the new Camry, I really do think the 2018 Accord is better in almost every way than the Toyota. But the trick is the Accord also costs more than the Camry. I think Honda made a better midsize car, but that quality added to the costs. I think Honda feels, understandably, that they can't discount the new Accord much without losing money, because of the higher costs of the added quality and features.

But like others here, I'm guessing that sometime in July or August Honda will bend and give some flex cash, lease deals, and low apr to blow out the huge stock of 2018 Accords.

Here in Louisville, KY, the new Accord finally seems to be selling, since I'm seeing them out on the roads and in parking lots. The styling is unusual, but I think it looks better in person. And it does stand out from the other sedans on the market, and it also looks different than any Accord from the past.

At my local dealer I check the stock a few times a week. They currently have c. 130 2018 Accords, which is more than any other model. But Honda World Louisville does seem to be selling them at a rate of maybe c. 10 a week....?

The price you got looks good to me! But if you're not in a rush, waiting a few months will probably help you land a better deal.
    Ben thanks your posts are always a good read with a wealth of info . Hopefully today or at worst next month my new accord will finally come home with me
    edited May 2018

For anyone who lives in the Boston area or in the Northeast, check out these MA dealerships. Here are the number of Accords available on their lot:

• Boch Honda: 334 + 9 Hybrids
    • Herb Chambers Honda of Boston: 299 + 10 Hybrids
    • Honda Cars of Boston: 121 + 4 Hybrids
    • Kelly Honda: 147
    • Honda North: 121
    • Honda Gallery: 90
    Boch Honda and Herb Chambers are volume dealers. Their doc fees are around $450, but they can be pretty aggressive with pricing. I have never bought from them, though. Honda Cars has the lowest doc fees of $298.

Make your best deal tomorrow by telling them you will BUY TODAY from whomever gives you the lowest price. No games. No B.S. Do not walk into a dealership unless you are signing papers and picking up the car. Do not mess up any good deal by buying extended warranties in the Finance office.

Good luck and feel free to post your deal here.
    These numbers are just to show that Honda dealers have a lot of stock on their hands. I did not list the following dealers but you can always check out their website for their inventory:
    • Cambridge Honda
    • Honda Village in Newton
    • Atamian Honda in Tewskbury
    • Ocean Honda in Weymouth
    • McGovern Honda in Brockton
    • Silko Honda in Raynham
    • Commonwealth Honda in Lawrence
    I still believe that next month might be the best time for a great deal.
    edited May 2018
    john4545 said:

Ben thanks your posts are always a good read with a wealth of info . Hopefully today or at worst next month my new accord will finally come home with me

John: Brian and Blue57 are really the jedi masters when it comes to buying an Accord. I'm still a padawan learner—even though I've bought 4 new Accords over the past 16 years. Except for one time when I did a "special order" I've always gotten a good deal.

But, here's my added 2 cents that probably won't be popular: your car salesperson needs to make a living too, just like the rest of us. I personally feel like it's ok for them to make a small profit somewhere from either the sale or the trade-in. I want a big discount too, which is why I'm waiting, but....

Anyway, to move on to a different topic, have you considered the Accord Hybrid? It has more power than the 1.5 but almost twice the mpg of the 2.0. It costs about $1500 more than the 1.5, but the gas saving should make that up in c.3-4 years, and then after that it's money straight into your pocket. And compared to the 2.0 the Accord Hybrid is $500 less—and will save you c. $750 a year in gas starting in the very first year. Over 5 years the Hybrid will save more than $4000 over the 2.0.

The range of the 2.0 even with its larger (14.8) gas tank is only 385 miles. The range of the Accord hybrid is 600 miles on a smaller (12.8) gas tank.

The trick is that, as you probably know, the hybrid has just been introduced, and so Honda isn't giving any low financing on it. By July, I hope Honda will have a low apr on the hybrid.
    edited May 2018
    Here is another prices paid forum that might help folks get an idea of what some have paid for their 2018 Accord. Disclaimer: You might not get the same pricing in your area, but you can use it as a negotiating tactic.
    Just want to give a big shout out to @tonyg2016 , @benjaminh , @jerseydevil01, @brian125 and anyone else taking time out of their busy schedule to help us get a great deal on an Accord.

All I ask from folks who land a great deal, is to post their deal and pay it forward.
    Ben excellent points on the hybrid and interesting info posted tks. I have my mind and pocket book made up on a sport model. I'm like you not a pit bull when it comes to negotiating I'll leave that to the experts here. Maybe if I decide on a his / her vehicle with my wife my next car will be a hybrid.
    john4545 said:

@jerseydevil01 , @bluemkn57cars , @brian125 here is my day yesterday and pricing . Thanks again for your time and advice. I learned so much these past 6 months reading forum posts.

So yesterday i used the advice from the great people in this forum who advise on buying. I used emails and placed phone calls to 7 dealers int/ mgrs that I found to be upfront and did not play any head games . The pricing I received was honest , could of bought yesterday but think I could still save more if I wait 1 more month . Will see.
    Today if any dealerships have a change of heart & pricing from yesterday I may consider a sale.. Honda of Toms River said they would match Planet Honda's $27,500 offer for a EXL model but would not do same deal on Sport model . when I pushed the sales team about why not I found out the freight charge was not included in that 27.5k offer. I have spoke with my 7 finalist dealers in the NJ, PA, DE area. all thou pricing was better from last month I could not nail down a deal for $2000 below invoice price after doc fee assessments .

I called planet Honda in NJ spoke with internet team then int mgr. Planet Honda said they CAN not make a deal for $2100 below invoice after doc fee . This mgr said there not in the business of giving away vehicles lol.

Concelli Honda in philly was roughly $1675 below invoice for a sport model and Scranton Honda matched . 2 other PA dealers would not match above . Price Honda in DE was $1475 below invoice. all these dealers doc fees need to be added into above pricing. With Flex Cash these prices would be great deals !

Recommended dealers like Auto-sport & Madison Honda gave me the best price in NJ, but not much better than above pricing . So I will wait another month if today don't pan out . Hopefully @ brian125 is right about ending sales quarter in June.

Traveling up to Boston to @bluemkn57cars dealer... Honda cars of Boston is not worth my time and effort to save 600. Hopefully today I have better news for you guys

Thank you so much for doing a ton of research that is helping my search too. You now have a current base that you can use in case the flex or other discounts come back. No one knows what flex might be coming but back in 2012 when I bought my EXL and did my research here I originally wanted an EX and waited for pricing to get better. In july of 2012 they finally offered 500 flexcash and the price got so much better that I was able to get the EXL for the price of the EX with near 20% off MSRP. I can not say this will happen again but I am going to wait no longer than august cause anything beyond that might only be a hundred or 2. I am getting an itchy trigger finger but have learned here not to be impatient and thanks again to everyone that shares their input
    @jerseydevil01 I hope your right like next month with Flex cash.

I'm not sure when the 3rd quarter ends but @brian125 has said to me like he owns Honda... lol that at that time end of 3rd Quarter Honda will be dumping off there 2018 overstock. If we could wait the price he said would be hovering around 3000 below invoice and lower depending on area. I cant wait till after summer but those who could may make a killer deal. my thoughts are 2000 below invoice maybe a little more without flex is a done deal for me.
    If my wife was not home with the kids and working I would not be penny pitching this accord . I would of got it last month.
    @john4545 When you said the planet honda quote of 27,500 did not include dest makes me wonder if the deal swamp got was too good to be true

@john4545 When you said the planet honda quote of 27,500 did not include dest makes me wonder if the deal swamp got was too good to be true

Let's not forget that some sales guys lie, bait and switch and can be untruthful. I told john to move onto another dealership if Planet Honda does not want to play ball. Let them sell to a walk in who has not researched pricing and is prepared to pay whatever price they say. Not any of us on this forum.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Made a mistake of driving a car with head up display.Now i can't buy one without it. Looks like a touring for me if i get a Honda. wish the crv had it. 
  • rbraden1rbraden1 Member Posts: 23
    benjaminh said:

john4545 said:

Anyway, to move on to a different topic, have you considered the Accord Hybrid? It has more power than the 1.5 but almost twice the mpg of the 2.0. It costs about $1500 more than the 1.5, but the gas saving should make that up in c.3-4 years, and then after that it's money straight into your pocket. And compared to the 2.0 the Accord Hybrid is $500 less—and will save you c. $750 a year in gas starting in the very first year. Over 5 years the Hybrid will save more than $4000 over the 2.0.

The range of the 2.0 even with its larger (14.8) gas tank is only 385 miles. The range of the Accord hybrid is 600 miles on a smaller (12.8) gas tank.

The trick is that, as you probably know, the hybrid has just been introduced, and so Honda isn't giving any low financing on it. By July, I hope Honda will have a low apr on the hybrid.
    Exactly my line of thinking. I've been reading this forum for a while and finally drove a 1.5 EX-L and a 2.0 sport last weekend. I liked it just as much as I expected based on everything I've read in the automotive press, but keep wondering why people aren't clamoring for the hybrid. Granted, I haven't driven it (the dealer I was at had 0), but unless I'm missing something, it seems like it should be way more popular. The "hybrid premium" is down to almost nothing these days, at least on Accords, and it seems like even if dealers aren't as willing to deal on them due to them being newer and having much lower stock, it still seems like you could break even compared to the non-hybrid in just a few years, and over time the car would likely be cheaper in terms of TCO than the 1.5 and have more power. Am I missing something, or are people mostly just hung up on initial price and payments?

Obviously, next step is to get to a dealer that actually has one and drive it.

I going to .............IM you on planet Honda details which I'm questioning myself

rbraden1 said:

benjaminh said:

john4545 said:

Exactly my line of thinking. I've been reading this forum for a while and finally drove a 1.5 EX-L and a 2.0 sport last weekend. I liked it just as much as I expected based on everything I've read in the automotive press, but keep wondering why people aren't clamoring for the hybrid. Granted, I haven't driven it (the dealer I was at had 0), but unless I'm missing something, it seems like it should be way more popular. The "hybrid premium" is down to almost nothing these days, at least on Accords, and it seems like even if dealers aren't as willing to deal on them due to them being newer and having much lower stock, it still seems like you could break even compared to the non-hybrid in just a few years, and over time the car would likely be cheaper in terms of TCO than the 1.5 and have more power. Am I missing something, or are people mostly just hung up on initial price and payments?

I took a test drive in an EXL Hybrid and I really, really like it. But no discounted apr on the Hybrid yet, even though the regular accords have 1.9/2.9. If you're paying cash, of course, that won't matter. Hope you can report to us on a hybrid test drive of your own at some point.....
  • rbraden1rbraden1 Member Posts: 23
    benjaminh said:

rbraden1 said:

benjaminh said:

john4545 said:

I took a test drive in an EXL Hybrid and I really, really like it. But no discounted apr on the Hybrid yet, even though the regular accords have 1.9/2.9. If you're paying cash, of course, that won't matter. Hope you can report to us on a hybrid test drive of your own at some point.....
    Definitely will within the next few days. Unfortunately my parents need tech support at lunch today :) There's a dealer near my work that has 5, so I'll definitely be taking a drive in the near future and will let everyone know my thoughts. A low APR would be nice, but I'm averse to payments anyway. Unless the rate is 0 or ridiculously low, I'd rather just have the car paid off for my piece of mind, even if I know my money could be better put to work elsewhere.
  • gocards1gocards1 Member Posts: 6
    I'm looking at a demo vehicle and trying to determine a good price. It's 2018 Honda Accord EX with 5,000 miles on it in Indiana. It was driven by the dealership owner's family. It has a clean Carfax report. What's the true value? Thanks,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    gocards1 said:

I'm looking at a demo vehicle and trying to determine a good price. It's 2018 Honda Accord EX with 5,000 miles on it in Indiana. It was driven by the dealership owner's family. It has a clean Carfax report. What's the true value? Thanks,

First.... you can't know who drove the vehicle, or for what. Dealers don't have enough family for them all to have driven the cars they claim (unless, polygamy).

Nothing wrong with a demo, just don't ascribe value to what they say.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator