Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lost Keys :( Mercedes 2003 SL500

detroitlionsdetroitlions Member Posts: 21
edited May 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

Hello my fellow Benz owners. Recently lost my keys to my 2003 SL500. Wondering if there is a way around going to dealership and spending $500.00 + for a 2003 :(

Please advise

Comments

• detroitlionsdetroitlions Member Posts: 21

Hello my fellow Benz owners. Recently lost my keys to my 2003 SL500. Wondering if there is a way around going to dealership and spending $500.00 + for a 2003 :(

Please advise

• detroitlionsdetroitlions Member Posts: 21
    Only existing key fob is locked in trunk of my 2003 SL500 unable to open. is there another way to gain access?

Thanks in advance.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I think either the dealer or a qualified locksmith will have to cut and program a new key for you. Is it really $500 now? Used to be around $300 or so. Shop around. Some locksmiths will advertise their expertise in making Mercedes keys--they just need the right programming tool.
  • thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,741

Only existing key fob is locked in trunk of my 2003 SL500 unable to open. is there another way to gain access?

If you can get into the car, some rear seats fold down to allow access, otherwise remove the seat.