Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• sdouc99sdouc99 Member Posts: 51

brian125 said:

I walked out on an accord deal tonight, my offer for a sport 2.0T was $30k out the door. They weren't willing to come below 32k. I have a 16 pilot lease I was returning with one payment left and 1500 miles over. Was that a good deal? State is CT 

A sport 2.0t invoice with dest/ charge= $28,615 . Dealer was looking to rape you tonight . I would email as many dealers that your willing to travel to . Make a offer to buy asap for $26,615 see where dealer pricing takes you, then make your best deal . Doc fee, Taxes , Tags , Dmv fees still need to be added for your OTD pricing.

If you don't mind talking a ride up to Boston reach out to the usually suspects I recommend Weymouth , Boch, Honda cars of Boston, Herb chambers, Bernardi, Gallery, Honda village, Honda north , Kelly Honda.

Reach out to these dealers in CT they are the best of the lot. Curtiss Ryan, Honda of Westport, Danbury, Courtney & Brandfon Honda...................... use emails and or phone calls directly to each Int/Mgr................ Good luck

My 30k price was OTD, so according to the dealer that was below invoice before ttl. Plus they were taking care of my last payment on the lease, $314 in overage miles on my pilot and I also asked them to throw in mats and trunk mats... 

Make sure they are actually paying the overage. If they are turning in the vehicle Honda bills you for the overage, not the dealer.
    If they are keeping the vehicle for themselves to put on the lot then the overage is irrelevant.
  • sdouc99sdouc99 Member Posts: 51

I walked out on an accord deal tonight, my offer for a sport 2.0T was $30k out the door. They weren't willing to come below 32k. I have a 16 pilot lease I was returning with one payment left and 1500 miles over. Was that a good deal? State is CT 

Not sure why you walked into a dealership to negotiate pricing. It is best to do all negotiation via phone or email so that you do not waste your time or get frustrated. What state are you located in? Have you contacted other dealerships in your area? What sort of pricing have you received?

This would be my third car from Brandon Honda so they've taken pretty good care of me in the past. I'm in hartford County CT, definitely going to get a bunch it quotes from dealers in MA, NJ and NY. My heart is stuck on getting into a sport 2.0T but at a hell of a bargain. Worse case I'll buy out the lease on my pilot that is up next month and drive the damn thing into the ground. It's a good vehicle just don't need something that big with my kids out of car seats now... 

Another option would be to extend your current lease a couple of months or so and see if there are incentives on the Accord then.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited June 2018

brian125 said:

A sport 2.0t invoice with dest/ charge= $28,615 . Dealer was looking to rape you tonight . I would email as many dealers that your willing to travel to . Make a offer to buy asap for $26,615 see where dealer pricing takes you, then make your best deal . Doc fee, Taxes , Tags , Dmv fees still need to be added for your OTD pricing.

If you don't mind talking a ride up to Boston reach out to the usually suspects I recommend Weymouth , Boch, Honda cars of Boston, Herb chambers, Bernardi, Gallery, Honda village, Honda north , Kelly Honda.

Reach out to these dealers in CT they are the best of the lot. Curtiss Ryan, Honda of Westport, Danbury, Courtney & Brandfon Honda...................... use emails and or phone calls directly to each Int/Mgr................ Good luck

My 30k price was OTD, so according to the dealer that was below invoice before ttl. Plus they were taking care of my last payment on the lease, $314 in overage miles on my pilot and I also asked them to throw in mats and trunk mats... 

..............................................................................................................................................................................

@golfways_76

Subtract the dealerships sale price of the sport model on this cars invoice of $28,615 make sure dealers number has destination charge include of $895 total it...... then subtract dealers conveyance fee and that is what your below invoice price really is .

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    edited June 2018

brian125 said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Were they really going to "take care" of your last lease payment or just roll into the cost of any new car purchase or lease?
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    edited June 2018
    Michaell said:

brian125 said:

Today is June 1st,................. if you plan on buying a Accord before the end of the month wait til after June7th till Honda posts any new incentive $$ or better finance programs.

Current Honda programs extend through 7/5.

Honda does reserve the right to update the programs whenever they like.

yes @michaell is correct on the 7/5 Programs it wont change this month .. Dealer incentive money could be added to dealers this month and maybe not to general public

edited June 2018
    sdouc99 said:

Not sure why you walked into a dealership to negotiate pricing. It is best to do all negotiation via phone or email so that you do not waste your time or get frustrated. What state are you located in? Have you contacted other dealerships in your area? What sort of pricing have you received?

This would be my third car from Brandon Honda so they've taken pretty good care of me in the past. I'm in hartford County CT, definitely going to get a bunch it quotes from dealers in MA, NJ and NY. My heart is stuck on getting into a sport 2.0T but at a hell of a bargain. Worse case I'll buy out the lease on my pilot that is up next month and drive the damn thing into the ground. It's a good vehicle just don't need something that big with my kids out of car seats now... 
    Another option would be to extend your current lease a couple of months or so and see if there are incentives on the Accord then.

That is a excellent point!!!! especially if he is staying in the Honda family. I know the Mazda dealer was willing to do that for my neighbor's kid

• john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    What is a conveyance fee ? never heard of that
  • golfways_76golfways_76 Member Posts: 12
    brian125 said:
    A sport 2.0t invoice with dest/ charge= $28,615 . Dealer was looking to rape you tonight . I would email as many dealers that your willing to travel to . Make a offer to buy asap for $26,615 see where dealer pricing takes you, then make your best deal . Doc fee, Taxes , Tags , Dmv fees still need to be added for your OTD pricing. If you don't mind talking a ride up to Boston reach out to the usually suspects I recommend Weymouth , Boch, Honda cars of Boston, Herb chambers, Bernardi, Gallery, Honda village, Honda north , Kelly Honda. Reach out to these dealers in CT they are the best of the lot. Curtiss Ryan, Honda of Westport, Danbury, Courtney & Brandfon Honda...................... use emails and or phone calls directly to each Int/Mgr................ Good luck
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Were they really going to "take care" of your last lease payment or just roll into the cost of any new car purchase or lease?
    Comon man I might be new to this forum but not an idiot lol, they were going to pay it separately plus the overage cost of 314 as they were returning my leased pilot to honda and not keeping it. 
    brian125 said:
    That is a excellent point!!!! especially if he is staying in the Honda family. I know the Mazda dealer was willing to do that for my neighbor's kid
    Thanks, I knew in the back of my mind that extending the lease was an option but didn't think of it  I will definitely look into that, would give me time to get into the accord at a great price .. 

brian125 said:

sdouc99 said:

Thanks, I knew in the back of my mind that extending the lease was an option but didn't think of it  I will definitely look into that, would give me time to get into the accord at a great price .. 

what was the selling price of your sport model?

@Michael do you have any thoughts on when Honda may bring back Flex cash .
    Does Honda have flex cash for other Honda cars and trucks ?
    @john4545 I didn't take a picture of the price sheet we were negotiating off of (should have), I believe the price after dealer discounts of around 2k was approximately 28 and change  the salesman kept pointing out that it was the same price as invoice listed on truecar... 
    edited June 2018
    john4545 said:

What is a conveyance fee ? never heard of that

Its CT states .......................................... Doc fee charge? John at this time flex cash is a guessing game when and if it returns. like I posted earlier to your flex cash question. It may not return but Honda will bring it back in the form of another cash incentive to either dealers or customers. That's my best guess right now ?

Thanks for clarifying

brian125 said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Were they really going to "take care" of your last lease payment or just roll into the cost of any new car purchase or lease?

Comon man I might be new to this forum but not an idiot lol, they were going to pay it separately plus the overage cost of 314 as they were returning my leased pilot to honda and not keeping it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention :)
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    john4545 said:

I went back and read some posts in this forum from last june and they did have 500 in flexcash back then and sales were much better, not sure what is going to happen this year
    I went back 2 years and found a post from @brian125 if you read his post it looks like at that time pricing was $2500 to over 3000 below invoice in certain states . No flex cash so maybe like brian was saying more incentive money will be offered .

brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 4,970

August 2016 edited August 2016

Make phone calls, send emails, and E-price quote requests to dealers as far as your willing to travel . Tell each dealer X price gets your business Today . Once you have your best price or best quotes narrowed down ask for the OTD price . Work on getting each dealers lowest selling price w/ destination included FIRST nothing more. You could pretty much get a ball park figure yourself by adding your state tax , dealers doc fee , Dmv fee's to your lowest totals . Then let dealer confirm final pricing before agreeing.
    Read thru some of my 4300 comments posted on my home page you will find many email approach type emails to dealers I posted for buyers in here to use.

Tell all dealers if financing vehicle gets you a better price or your target price you will finance vehicle thru them.

If your trading in a car it does complicate the sale. you would then need to drive to each dealer so they could appraise it first.

In 45 yrs I've bought and brokered close to 1100 new vehicles for family, friends etc . I negotiate with the power of pricing knowledge and leverage pitting one dealer against the next at months end.

If you apply the techniques I use you will have a clear pricing guide for Aug. and get the best possible price from each dealer. Don't like pricing this month ..... you do process again in Sept. The only problem is this time of the year models are limited.

When I buy any vehicle I tell 25, 30,40 ,50 dealer by emails, and direct phone calls X- price for your product gets my business today. Dealers that counter I negotiate with . dealers that wont get removed from my list.

Lastly your State's dealerships pricing regardless of how good you negotiate may only net you pricing between 1800 to 2300 below invoice . If that is the case you have your pricing for August in Dallas.

We know in states like MA, CA, MD, VA, pricing can start @2500 below invoice and go as high as 3300 below invoice price.

I have posted a lot of very good informative email requests to dealers for buyers in these forums maybe someone can find a few and post them

john4545 said:

I went back and read some posts in this forum from last june and they did have 500 in flexcash back then and sales were much better, not sure what is going to happen this year
    keep me posted if your dealerships by you in NJ start lowering accord pricing.

@brian125 Called Honda Financial, got my lease extended for 2 months PLUS the excess mileage washed off my account! :smile:
    john4545 said:

john4545 said:

keep me posted if your dealerships by you in NJ start lowering accord pricing.

Honda of Turnersville gave me the best quote so far and they are only 5 miles from me. The issue is that they have a lot of add ons and high doc fees like most other dealers in NJ and are 2 big hurdles to overcome. Rossi has better doc fees (299) and less addons but don't have my car in stock, touring 1.5 in black/ivory. I'm waiting on a quote from toms river, I did not know they existed until you brought them up. Maybe we should buy at the same time if we could get an even better deal
  • edmundshackredmundshackr Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2018

@edmundshackr - Did you end up getting a deal or are you still researching pricing?

Still on the search. Although, I reached out to some dealerships today on a new info account/fake account and they seem to be around $34K for the Touring 2.0T. Last month they were around $32.5K.

I plan to buy at the end of this month
    @edmundshackr - Did you end up getting a deal or are you still researching pricing?
    I'm waiting like @brian125 said to see what's new. Although, I reached out to some dealerships today on a new info account/fake account and they seem to be around $34K for the Touring 2.0T. I plan to buy at the end of this month
    $34k sale price? Invoice is about $33.6k with an MSRP of $36.7k. You should aim for not more than $32k before incentives (if available). 
    @edmundshackr - If you can get a great deal before the end of the month, I would recommend jumping on it. Good luck. 
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    So my daughter has been looking for a 2018 Accord Touring 2.0 in Massachusetts. One of the largest players BOCH when asked to beat an offer wanted no part of it. Said their online pricing was aggressive enough and ended with a take it or leave it response. The other large player, Herb Chambers Honda in Westborough. MA produced a price quote based upon a fictitious vehicle, then said it would beat any reasonable offer and when sent the price sheet from another dealer, said there was nothing they could do. Herb Chambers flimflam one price best price BS is so not worth it. Surprisingly on the last day of the month they both did not want to deal. So the two big boys in the State could not keep up with Atamian, Colonial, and Silko. In the end no deal has been made yet. But the big boys did not want to play.
    @golfways_76

Hey bud.............. pat yourself on the back. You will now drive your pilot lease for 2 more months free of charge due to the savings you will now make on a Accord in the next 2 months. way to go :smile:

So my daughter has been looking for a 2018 Accord Touring 2.0 in Massachusetts. One of the largest players BOCH when asked to beat an offer wanted no part of it. Said their online pricing was aggressive enough and ended with a take it or leave it response. The other large player, Herb Chambers Honda in Westborough. MA produced a price quote based upon a fictitious vehicle, then said it would beat any reasonable offer and when sent the price sheet from another dealer, said there was nothing they could do. Herb Chambers flimflam one price best price BS is so not worth it. Surprisingly on the last day of the month they both did not want to deal. So the two big boys in the State could not keep up with Atamian, Colonial, and Silko. In the end no deal has been made yet. But the big boys did not want to play.

In my experience dealing with Herb Chambers and Boch, they never seem to have the lowest prices. They also have high doc fees. I hate this not haggle price from Herb Chambers when dealing with any of their 52 dealerships.

Thanks for posting its been awhile since I heard from you. I would keep and eye on this Accord forum @bluemkn57cars is also in MA and looking waiting to pounce on the right deal. Ride his coattail's and leg work into the sunset............... it will pay dividends I will guarantee you that!!!!!

edited June 2018
    @brian12 - I have been in touch with @1sebringnow. He is happy with his 2017 Touring V6.

@brian12 - I have been in touch with @1sebringnow. He is happy with his 2017 Touring V6.

Re-read his above post . Daughter wants Accord lives in MA

brian125 said:

Re-read his above post . Daughter wants Accord lives in MA

We have been in touch. I have provided assistance and feedback regarding pricing.

Tell your daughter to call Honda cars of boston for price. I had a excellent experience and the int/ mgr was Aces. No games
    john4545 said:

Tell your daughter to call Honda cars of boston for price. I had a excellent experience and the int/ mgr was Aces. No games
    He knows about Honda cars. His daughter is going to wait and see how pricing pans out this month and whether flex cash is available. Been in touch with @1sebringnow , btw.
  • 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Thanks Blue and Brian.  Have to say I love 
    my 2017 Accord Touring.   The V6 is special.   Car drives like you are on a cloud. John4545 thanks for the info. She actually reached out to HondacarsofBoston as well. I should have included them too mea culpa. Berlin City in New Hampshire was also in the mix.  Couldn’t get the color she wanted from Berlin City so patience is key.  Will post when it happens.  Once again huge thanks to Blue and Brian for the OUTSTANDING help they offer here.  I know my daughter will easily save $1500 from the few hours she has put in.  Could not have done it without the good people who take the time to post here. 
    brian125 said:hi
    @golfways_76 Hey bud.............. pat yourself on the back. You will now drive your pilot lease for 2 more months free of charge due to the savings you will now make on a Accord in the next 2 months. way to go :smile:
    Credit goes to you sir @brian125, for reminding me of that option. Now if I can just stay patient and wait for the good deal. Called one other dealer Curtis Ryan around lunchtime still waiting for him to get right back to me  after a few follow up calls  He had called to find out how much my last payment for the pilot was. I can afford to relax now and take my time. Thanks guys, you are all awesome!! 
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    Interesting info imho....
    May incentive outlays for U.S.
    Manufacturer May 2018 forcast

BMW (BMW, Mini) $5,315
    Daimler (Mercedes-Benz, Smart) $5,488
    FCA (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat) $4,371
    Ford (Ford, Lincoln) $4,226
    GM (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC) $5,518
    Honda (Acura, Honda) $1,690
    Hyundai $2,751
    Kia $3,766 $3,358
    Nissan (Nissan, Infiniti) $3,325
    Subaru $1,306
    Toyota (Lexus, Scion, Toyota) $2,318
    Volkswagen (Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen) $3,650
    Industry $3,679

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alg-expects-automaker-revenue-to-jump-to-51-billion-in-may-300657965.html
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
    benjaminh said:
    Interesting info imho.... May incentive outlays for U.S. Manufacturer May 2018 forcast BMW (BMW, Mini) $5,315 Daimler (Mercedes-Benz, Smart) $5,488 FCA (Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat) $4,371 Ford (Ford, Lincoln) $4,226 GM (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC) $5,518 Honda (Acura, Honda) $1,690 Hyundai $2,751 Kia $3,766 $3,358 Nissan (Nissan, Infiniti) $3,325 Subaru $1,306 Toyota (Lexus, Scion, Toyota) $2,318 Volkswagen (Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen) $3,650 Industry $3,679 https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alg-expects-automaker-revenue-to-jump-to-51-billion-in-may-300657965.html
    It has been well reported that Honda has offered the lowest anount in incentives so far this year compared to other brands, including competitors like Toyota and Nissan. 

I have always loved cars and been into cars since a young age. As a car enthusiast and current Honda Accord owner, it makes no sense to me at all that Honda executives are yet to offer substantial incentives to push the sale of their best Accord. Makes no sense to me at all. I am not asking for much. I was  just hoping that the $1000 in Flex cash, that was available a few months ago makes a come back soon. It needs to make a come back soon, else I doubt I will be buying an Accord this year.

Hope someone who knows anyone at HQ would read this. Dealers are not happy since they are not making that many sales, affecting their bottom line.
    edited June 2018
    Midsize sales leaders for May

Camry: 29,965
    Accord: 28,212

@benjaminh please post Feb, March & April sales if you have them. I don't think the Accord took 1st place once this year.

Don't have the past figures at the moment, but I think somewhere on this site they might have them....?

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/

But the Camry has been ahead every month for the past several. Actually, this month the Accord dramatically narrowed the margin, which given the fact that Honda has low incentives on the Accord is somewhat impressive. Maybe it's finally doing somewhat what they want it to do and selling more for the car rather than for the "deal"?
    Once Honda kicks up incentives this summer Accords will sell alot better, maybe outsell the King Camry with there impressive saying we build quality cars for less.

• edmundshackredmundshackr Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2018
    I have contacted the first 30 Honda dealerships in California from dealerrater, best quote has been $32,250. Thinking about starting a war between dealerships to see who lowers the price to hopefully below 30K (one can dream), plenty say they will beat any price.
    brian125 said:

Midsize sales leaders for May

Camry: 29,965
    Accord: 28,212

@benjaminh please post Feb, March & April sales if you have them. I don't think the Accord took 1st place once this year.

Here are the sales numbers but May is not included yet http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/honda/honda-accord/
    I have contacted the first 30 Honda dealerships in California from dealerrater, best quote has been $32,250. Thinking about starting a war between dealerships to see who lowers the price to hopefully below 30K (one can dream), plenty say they will beat any price.
    There is an additional $500 - $800 off you should aim for. If you are ready to buy now instead of the end of the month, reach out to internet managers and tell them their best price gets you to buy TODAY. Only do and say that if you really plan to buy soon. 
    here are more of the first quarter 2018 midsize car sales http://carsalesbase.com/us-sales-analysis-q1-2018-mid-sized-segment/
    Honda sales 96 to 2002 were solid at 400k for the year.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    edited June 2018
    brian125 said:

Honda sales 96 to 2002 were solid at 400k for the year.

That's because I bought five of them, during that time period.. ;);)

(just three Accords.. the other two were CR-Vs)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dmcc224dmcc224 Member Posts: 46
    I saw some MA posts so figured I'd share this end of month pricing sent to me by Colonial Dartmouth MA;

New 2018 1.5t Accords:

LX: $20,476
    SPORT: $22,448
    EX: $23,956
    EX-L: $26,186
    TOURING: $29,603

They usually seem pretty decent at the end of the month. In my experience always better than Herb and Boch.
    edited June 2018
    dmcc224 said:

I saw some MA posts so figured I'd share this end of month pricing sent to me by Colonial Dartmouth MA;

New 2018 1.5t Accords:

They usually seem pretty decent at the end of the month. In my experience always better than Herb and Boch.

let me breakdown pricing using Nada pricing for each model. You still have to subtract dealers $300 doc fee & assuming destination charge of $895 is included?

LX............= $22,468.................or $1992 below dealers invoice minus doc fee

Sport...... = $24,483....................or $2035 below invoice ....minus doc fee

EX.............=$26,025....................or $2069 below invoice minus doc

EXL......... =$28,305....................or $2119 below invoice minus doc fee

Touring = or $31,799...................or $2196 below invoice minus doc fee

edited June 2018
    dmcc224 said:

New 2018 1.5t Accords:

Those prices are great! What dealer is this??

Any prices for the EX Hybrid?
    Great prices should be verified, some do not include destination or do include the 500 college grad and the 500 military discounts