Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• dmcc224dmcc224 Member Posts: 46
    Im not shopping at the moment, its just an email they typically send around the end of the month stating they need to sell X cars by Y date. I believe it includes destination but I doubt it includes doc fees. Their doc is in the $300-$350 range. Their pricing generally seems aggressive to me. I bought my 2016 V6 EXL from them for 25,300+350 Doc which I thought was a fantastic deal at the time.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited June 2018
    dmcc224 said:

Im not shopping at the moment, its just an email they typically send around the end of the month stating they need to sell X cars by Y date. I believe it includes destination but I doubt it includes doc fees. Their doc is in the $300-$350 range. Their pricing generally seems aggressive to me. I bought my 2016 V6 EXL from them for 25,300+350 Doc which I thought was a fantastic deal at the time.

Colonial Honda's doc fee's are now $399 I am speaking with the stores Int mgr. Tracy..... waiting on a price for a sport model 1.5 to see if they will sell at $2500 below invoice or lower

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

edited June 2018
    Ok here are the details & pricing with Colonial Honda in Dartmouth from the Internet Manager Tracy. I inquired about a Sport model for @john4545 just as a reference point. Dealers docs are $399. All prices posted have destination charge included and military & college incentives of 500 each . @jerseydevil01 smelled this one out a mile away !

I asked Tracy if Colonial was willing to go $2500 below dealers invoice, we may be able to make a deal today if buyer agrees . Tracy said ...... my offer there dealership wont do . . I then said your asking for roughly 1100 below invoice for a 1.5 sport model with doc fees considered. The buyer does not qualify for incentives.

I then said give me a bottom line price for a sale today . Mgr said $1500 below after docs considered is the best Colonial could do. I thanked her and made some small talk ... That folks is how you negotiate on the phone with a dealer that does not play games & is straight forward . Colonial's pricing is average , Tracy was honest too NO games or Bs with our conversation . I thanked her and reminded her if Boston ends up playing the NY Mets in the world series will make a side bet :smile:

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    dmcc224 said:
    I saw some MA posts so figured I'd share this end of month pricing sent to me by Colonial Dartmouth MA; New 2018 1.5t Accords: LX: $20,476 SPORT: $22,448 EX: $23,956 EX-L: $26,186 TOURING: $29,603 They usually seem pretty decent at the end of the month. In my experience always better than Herb and Boch.
    Add $2k for a 2.0T. So assuming that, Touring 2.0T will be about $31.6k. An additional $600 off will be a good deal IMO for that model. 
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • edmundshackredmundshackr Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2018
    Lowest offer I have received has been $31,970 for the Touring 2.0T

It's either a new Honda or a loaner from BMW/MB for me, I have decided what I want.
    Lowest offer I have received has been $31,970 for the Touring 2.0T It's either a new Honda or a loaner from BMW/MB for me, I have decided what I want.
    At least now you have a baseline where pricing stands for this trim. In a few weeks, towards the end of the month (end of the quarter), make phone calls to internet managers and put them on the spot for their best offer. If they can take off another $500 - $800 then make the best deal you can. 
    If you live in MA and have received online quotes for a Touring 2.0 T, please post up price (if you don't mind). I am curious to see whether pricing has gone below $31.8k. 
  • edmundshackredmundshackr Member Posts: 16
    I tried to work out a deal for a friend on a 2017 Honda Accord Coupe Touring, none of the dealerships were having it. Lowest quote was $29,995, friend gave up.

You could get a 2018 at that rate
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    edited June 2018

I tried to work out a deal for a friend on a 2017 Honda Accord Coupe Touring, none of the dealerships were having it. Lowest quote was $29,995, friend gave up.

You could get a 2018 at that rate

Some dealers are holding on to the last of the 2017 6 cyl models and coups like they are gold, maybe they will return someday if there is a demand for them
    If you live in MA and have received online quotes for a Touring 2.0 T, please post up price (if you don't mind). I am curious to see whether pricing has gone below $31.8k. 
    Honda Cars of Boston is at $31.6k, but their doc fees went up to $398 (from $298). There is no flex cash.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    My guess is that we might need to wait another month or so for significantly better deals on the 2018 Accord. Honda's current offers for the Accord end on July 5th. Right after that perhaps an improved offer to sell out the remaining 2018s will come into play.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • dominatorhndominatorhn Member Posts: 20
    I have been looking for the 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EXL for few weeks now, and most dealers in Wisconsin said that Honda don't make many Hybrid vs. standard models, is that true? or do they just say that for high demand? What is the best offer you have the Hybrid EXL? I have 1 dealer offer $27,684 yesterday plus the usual Doc fee, Tax, and title. The MSRP is $32,335 and invoice is $29,935. Should I pull the trigger or wait until July? Thanks for your help!
    edited June 2018

I have been looking for the 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid EXL for few weeks now, and most dealers in Wisconsin said that Honda don't make many Hybrid vs. standard models, is that true? or do they just say that for high demand? What is the best offer you have the Hybrid EXL? I have 1 dealer offer $27,684 yesterday plus the usual Doc fee, Tax, and title. The MSRP is $32,335 and invoice is $29,935. Should I pull the trigger or wait until July? Thanks for your help!

Your dealer was right. Honda makes about 20 regular gas Accord for every Hybrid they make. Plus the Hybrid was just introduced a month or so ago, while the turbo Accords have been out since last Sept. or so and have been piling up on dealer lots for a while now. I'm also considering the Accord Hybrid, and since most dealers only have a few of them, and gas prices seem to be rising, the supply/demand equation doesn't really seem to be in our favor.

Over time, I think the production of the Accord Hybrid will slowly ramp up. It's possible that in just a month or so there will be more around.

But as of now, Honda isn't even offering any financing for the Hybrid, even though the turbo Accords get 1.9% for 36 months/2.9% for 5 years.

Bottom line: yes, you can probably do a bit better by waiting. But the price you have now is good imho. The offered price on that exact model at my local Honda dealer is almost 2k more, and at this point my dealer is not willing to go any lower....

https://www.louisvillehondaworld.com/new-Jefferson+County-2018-Honda-Accord-Hybrid+EX+L-1HGCV3F55JA002570

So, you know what, if you need a car that seems to be under invoice. I would like good financing, but aside from that I think your price seem good.
  • dominatorhndominatorhn Member Posts: 20
    Awesome, thanks benjaminh.
  • golfways_76golfways_76 Member Posts: 12
    Price quote from Curry Honda in NY:
    What do you folks think?
    edited June 2018
    What do you folks think?
    At 6.35% CT tax it brings the price to $29576 before registration which seems to be around $46 bringing me to $29622, just under my 30K OTD target price (updated for CT) 

Good price bad price, discuss .. 
    What do you folks think?
    Price quote on the Touring 2.0T is at least $1k more than dealers in MA. 
    What do you folks think?
    Give me the name of one solid MA dealer so I can ask for a price ... If I am going to drive two hours to NY don't mind going in the other direction to MA. 
    edited June 2018

What do you folks think?

Give me the name of one solid MA dealer so I can ask for a price ... If I am going to drive two hours to NY don't mind going in the other direction to MA. 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Honda Cars of Boston. I posted their latest e-price a few days ago. They are at $31.6k for the Touring 2.0T with $398 in doc fees.
  • jmonroe4jmonroe4 Member Posts: 7
    MF and Residual for Accord EX-L for Tampa, FL
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,221
    jmonroe4 said:

MF and Residual for Accord EX-L for Tampa, FL

36/15
    .00110 MF
    55% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    Price quote from Curry Honda in Nk.i jY:
    What do you folks think?
    Anyone suggest what price a 1.5 Touring would be based on these prices??
    ral2167 said:
    Price quote from Curry Honda in Nk.i jY:
    What do you folks think?
    Anyone suggest what price a 1.5 Touring would be based on these prices??
    Deduct about $2k from the price of a 2.0T. This dealership has some overpriced vehicles. 
  • beee513beee513 Member Posts: 27
    How do you find out the invoice price? I am looking for Accord Sport in MA or RI. Thank you
    beee513 said:
    How do you find out the invoice price? I am looking for Accord Sport in MA or RI. Thank you
    You can Google it. Sites like autotrader.com and cargurus.com list that info. 
  • hihihihihihihihi Member Posts: 3
    is 24k out the door price for sport model a good deal?
    ^ just a 1.5 turbo
  • bluedevil24bluedevil24 Member Posts: 14
    hihihihi said:
    Please give us a detailed price breakdown so we know exactly what numbers are part of the OTD cost. Things like tax rates, dealership fees, tags & license and any accessories prices into that final number will be needed to figure out if it is a good deal or not. 
    In this interview, a top Honda executive says that aren't interested in putting large incentives on vehicles. But I'm still hoping for an end-of-model year sale of some kind.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180604/VIDEO/306049984/hondas-arcangeli-on-juggling-inventory-steady-retailing-and-wanting
  • john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    If you read thru prior accord threads years 15,16, 17, you will see a pricing guide throughout each year. I have found it very helpful.
    edited June 2018
    benjaminh said:

In this interview, a top Honda executive says that aren't interested in putting large incentives on vehicles. But I'm still hoping for an end-of-model year sale of some kind.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180604/VIDEO/306049984/hondas-arcangeli-on-juggling-inventory-steady-retailing-and-wanting

I watched the interview. There was no surprising info. One thing that makes sense is that Honda might be trying to recoup the R&D cost of 10 speed auto and other tech advancements in the Accord. Hence, the refusal to offer or increase incentives. From a business prospective it makes sense, however, from a revenue / finance prospective it is affecting their bottom line. Do not be surprised if you do not see any huge incentives until 2019 models start arriving on dealer lots.

My advice to folks looking to buy an Accord is to make your best deal now if the price is right. For those who are in no rush to buy, you can wait till next month to see what happens, but do not hold your breadth for any huge incentives.

Come Q3, if dealers still have huge inventories on their lots, they would either have to come down in price to move the '18 cars or hope that folks (who love the Accord so much) will pay whatever price they set.

As for me, I am in no rush to buy another Accord. Researching other brands/manufacturers has given me options.
    benjaminh said:

After watching the video he has only been on the job since late 2017 seems like he is not doing a very good job as senior VP. He says he has spent months visiting dealers so he must know their frustration in not bieng able to move the accords but they will continue to tweak the way they do business... I sure hope so ! Since the 2018 accord started arriving at dealerships in oct 2017 the end of this month will be the end of 3 quarters of terrible sales I sure hope the final quarter incentives will be more prevalent before the 2019's start arriving in october
    Honda as been running a close 2nd in sales with Camry all year . So how much money is Honda really losing ? or did Honda just make to many Accords to early ?
    I believe June was the end of the 2nd quarter @jerseydevil01
    john4545 said:
    Honda as been running a close 2nd in sales with Camry all year . So how much money is Honda really losing ? or did Honda just make to many Accords to early ?
    Toyota has fleet sales and heavily discounts their cars, so not sure we have a clear picture of Camry consumer sales vs Accord consumer sales.

Honda was hoping they could use the marketing promo of the Accord winning 2018 North America Car of the Year to sell cars without incentives. Most buyers are looking for deals. Hondas are reliable cars but if pricing does not start coming down, their Q2 sales number won't be any better compared to Q1. 

The big focus has been on SUVs such as the CR-V and the Pilot. Looks like sales number are down in that category too. 
    john4545 said:

I believe June was the end of the 2nd quarter @jerseydevil01

June is the end of the 2nd quarter for 2018 but the accord has been on sale for 9 months now.. 3 quarters. This October the 2018 accord will be competing against themselves with the 2019 accord
    Let me try and compare current Toyota Camry incentives vs Honda Accord incentives below.

Honda Accord
    • Military Rebate: $500
    • College Grad Rebate: $500
    • Finance rate up to 36 months: 1.9%
    • Finance rate 37 - 60 months: 2.9%
    Toyota Camry
    • Military Rebate: $750
    • College Grad Rebate: $750
    • Finance rate up to 60 months: 1.9%
    • Finance rate for 72 months: 3.49%
    hihihihi said:
    Please give us a detailed price breakdown so we know exactly what numbers are part of the OTD cost. Things like tax rates, dealership fees, tags & license and any accessories prices into that final number will be needed to figure out if it is a good deal or not. 
    Its the final price of the car.
    msrp: 26,670 - 4450.36 discount + 983.51 tax + 805.85 titles and fees = 24,000
    another -500 for recent grad so 23500 out the door.
    I was reading in another forum brian125 and benjaminn were talking about how the Camry cost about 1000 dollars cheaper to make per unit
  • bluedevil24bluedevil24 Member Posts: 14
    hihihihi said:

hihihihi said:

Its the final price of the car.
    msrp: 26,670 - 4450.36 discount + 983.51 tax + 805.85 titles and fees = 24,000
    another -500 for recent grad so 23500 out the door.

So that's a $4450 discount on MSRP and $2259 on invoice price. IMHO that's a pretty good deal!
    I found this info about last years 2017 honda summer sale, it ran from july 17 to sept 4th. It may be worth waiting for http://hondaexpert.com/2017-summerbration-honda-tv-commercial/
    @jerseydevil01 - Hoping for better incentives next month and in Q3? Would you consider any other brands? just curious.

@jerseydevil01 - Hoping for better incentives next month and in Q3? Would you consider any other brands? just curious.

I have been open to other brands and have tested some. I found the accord touring checks all my boxes, comfortable, well built, rides great, runs on regular gas even with a turbo and has many of the bells and whistles of a luxury midsize car. The TLX was a nice ride too and has a package that offers head up display that I love but requires premium gas. The brake lock and memory seats are also a must have. If anyone has any suggestions on what to try I am open but there doesn't seem like many cars that compare to the accord

I have been open to other brands and have tested some. I found the accord touring checks all my boxes, comfortable, well built, rides great, runs on regular gas even with a turbo and has many of the bells and whistles of a luxury midsize car. The TLX was a nice ride too and has a package that offers head up display that I love but requires premium gas. The brake lock and memory seats are also a must have. If anyone has any suggestions on what to try I am open but there doesn't seem like many cars that compare to the accord
    I hear you about having to put premium gas in the TLX. I was leaning towards leasing a TLX a while back, but I eventually moved on from that. The only other car that is a strong contender (for me) is the upcoming 2019 VW Arteon. It is slated for release in the fall, so pricing has not been released. I have been reading a lot about some of the features, etc.... It seems to have everything I am looking for in my next car. 4motion (VW's AWD) will be available as an option. Of course, I would have to test drive it but price will play a major role in my decision. I do not expect much in incentives from VW, since it is a new model in the US. So we will see. BTW, it has been out in Europe for more than a year now, so any issues with a first year model should be ironed out.

Apart from that, I do not have any other suggestions. I am not big fan of the Mazda 6 although it looks sleek. I was thinking of test driving an SUV but I do not need one.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791

The Mazda 6 Grand Touring with premium is a good comparison to the Accord Touring. What I like about the Mazda is the head up display shows the blind spot light when it is lit on the side mirrors--- thus you don't have to look at the side mirrors to know there's a car in the blind spot. What i don't like about the Mazda is the center console knobs/buttons that control radio/nav/etc. Maybe that's something folks have to get used to. I'm troubled by reports that the Accord Touring has weird sounds due to the head up display/lack of felt/something or other, especially in warm weather.
  • wonderpetswonderpets Member Posts: 14
    First time, Long time.  Working on a Hybrid EX-L around central and western Mass. The best quote I got is 500 under invoice. Quote includes destination.  Registration and doc fee= 674 extra.  Guess it is a waiting game now....

Go test drive a Ford Fusion

https://www.edmunds.com/ford/fusion/2018/review/

If your willing to spend a few dollars more than a Accord touring I always recommend this bad girl for 2018

https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/7-series/2018/review/

brian125 said:
    If your willing to spend a few dollars more than a Accord touring I always recommend this bad girl for 2018 https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/7-series/2018/review/
    A few dollars more :) More like at least $50k more. Always loved BMWs, though. I would go for an M3 or M5 if I could afford it.