Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease 2018 X3 or wait?

tradecrafttradecraft Member Posts: 22
edited June 2018 in BMW
I want to lease a 2018 X3, but only getting to ~9% off MSRP so far, and don’t qualify for any June incentives. Am I better off waiting 3 weeks to see the July incentives, and hoping 2019 X3’s showing up lowers 2018 inventory pricing?
Tagged:

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046

I want to lease a 2018 X3, but only getting to ~9% off MSRP so far, and don’t qualify for any June incentives. Am I better off waiting 3 weeks to see the July incentives, and hoping 2019 X3’s showing up lowers 2018 inventory pricing?

Sorry, we don't have a crystal ball.

But, I'd guess your only downside to waiting is less inventory to choose from.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tradecrafttradecraft Member Posts: 22
    kyfdx said:
    Sorry, we don't have a crystal ball. But, I'd guess your only downside to waiting is less inventory to choose from.
    Right, incentives can’t get WORSE for me. But would you guess I’d see bigger discounts next month? Or is 2019’s being right around the corner already priced in, and why I’m seeing the 9% off already?

Haven’t been able to find the exact color and options combo we want in existing inventory, so I don’t think it would get much worse, since already settling a little without ordering. Worst case I get a 2019 eventually with everything I want, just not sure how long that will take.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046

kyfdx said:

Sorry, we don't have a crystal ball.

But, I'd guess your only downside to waiting is less inventory to choose from.

Right, incentives can’t get WORSE for me. But would you guess I’d see bigger discounts next month? Or is 2019’s being right around the corner already priced in, and why I’m seeing the 9% off already?

Haven’t been able to find the exact color and options combo we want in existing inventory, so I don’t think it would get much worse, since already settling a little without ordering. Worst case I get a 2019 eventually with everything I want, just not sure how long that will take.

Sorry, I don't have anything else to add.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator