Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Hyundai Sonata Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    jayay123 said:

Limited 36/12 zip 11230 mf/rv/incentives.. Thanks!!!

.00083 MF and 53% residual
    $3500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

iamian36 said:

Looking for MF, RV, and Incentives for SEL 36/12 in SoCal, thank you. 

.00083 MF and 54% residual
    $1750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

alex_jax said:

can you please give me the Numbers for SE , SEL and ECO for 36/15 for zip code 32204?

.00114 MF
    51%/52%/51% residual, respectively
    $3500/$2000/$2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chrispre3chrispre3 Member Posts: 60
    kyfdx said:

chrispre3 said:

kyfdx said:

chrispre3 said:

kyfdx said:

chrispre3 said:

Michaell said:

Ask your 2018 Sonata lease questions here! Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments.

Check out the 2018 Hyundai Sonata here.

Good morning--please let me know once the new incentives are in for this month. Thank you in advance!

Looking for lease information based on below:
    2.0 Limited
    10K Miles for 3 Years
    Zip: 07628
    .00083 MF
    56% residual
    $2000 lease cash

Thanks!

Are you guys also seeing numbers for lease deals on the new '+' models they are rolling out? Curious how they are differentiating the offers on those vs original trims.
    As far as we can tell, no difference
    Thanks--very strange since the Limited 2.0+ MSRP is lower than non '+'.

I would think they would offer at least a rebate that was more aggressive even if only to make up that difference in MSRPs.

Do you know if they are still giving the UBER discount/rebate? Any other types of rebates (Amex, Geico, Loyalty)?
    Still showing $1000 for UBER
    Nothing else
    Do you know if the UBER incentive applies to both purchase and lease?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,090
    chrispre3 said:

kyfdx said:

chrispre3 said:

kyfdx said:

chrispre3 said:

kyfdx said:

chrispre3 said:

Michaell said:

Ask your 2018 Sonata lease questions here! Get info about prices, money factor, deals, incentives, and payments.

Check out the 2018 Hyundai Sonata here.

Good morning--please let me know once the new incentives are in for this month. Thank you in advance!

Looking for lease information based on below:
    2.0 Limited
    10K Miles for 3 Years
    Zip: 07628
    .00083 MF
    56% residual
    $2000 lease cash

Thanks!

Are you guys also seeing numbers for lease deals on the new '+' models they are rolling out? Curious how they are differentiating the offers on those vs original trims.
    As far as we can tell, no difference
    Thanks--very strange since the Limited 2.0+ MSRP is lower than non '+'.

I would think they would offer at least a rebate that was more aggressive even if only to make up that difference in MSRPs.

Do you know if they are still giving the UBER discount/rebate? Any other types of rebates (Amex, Geico, Loyalty)?
    Still showing $1000 for UBER
    Nothing else
    Do you know if the UBER incentive applies to both purchase and lease?
    I believe that is correct.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• pitchinwedgepitchinwedge Member Posts: 65
    Hi, 36/12 numbers for 2.0 Limited in So Cal? Thanks!

Hi, 36/12 numbers for 2.0 Limited in So Cal? Thanks!

.00083 MF and 55% residual
    $2000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• phil_gphil_g Member Posts: 93
    Hi again, looking for MF & RV for Limited 2.0T 36/15 florida 33324
    phil_g said:

Hi again, looking for MF & RV for Limited 2.0T 36/15 florida 33324

.00114 and 53%
    $3250 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Still working on getting all the details, but a dealer I have been going back and forth with came back with an offer of $305 per month on Limited 2.0 lease.

This assumes
    10K Miles/3 Years
    $500 Down
    $500 Boost up Rebate
    $1,000 UBER
    $2,000 Lease Cash
    $650 Bank Fee
    $399 Doc Fee

With an MSRP of $34,000, I think this translates into a discount of about 10-11% off of MSRP.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated if you feel this deal is fair/good.
  • ny_sxny_sx Member Posts: 139
    chrispre3 said:

Still working on getting all the details, but a dealer I have been going back and forth with came back with an offer of $305 per month on Limited 2.0 lease.

This assumes
    10K Miles/3 Years
    $500 Down
    $500 Boost up Rebate
    $1,000 UBER
    $2,000 Lease Cash
    $650 Bank Fee
    $399 Doc Fee

With an MSRP of $34,000, I think this translates into a discount of about 10-11% off of MSRP.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated if you feel this deal is fair/good.

Is $500 all you will pay to drive the car off the lot and everything else rolled in? Is this the newer "+" model? I'm curious because I am looking for the same car in zip 10510.
    This is not the "+" model. And yes, $500 is my total out of pocket. Again, I am trying to get some confirmation in writing, since this was all over the phone, but I made it clear $500 was what I was willing to put down.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    sell price? location? tax rate?
    edited June 2018
    chrispre3 said:

but I made it clear $500 was what I was willing to put down.

"willing to put down" and "driveoff" are two different things. You need to ask for amount due at signing + 35 additional payments of "xxx"
    tonyg2016 said:

chrispre3 said:

but I made it clear $500 was what I was willing to put down.

"willing to put down" and "driveoff" are two different things. You need to ask for amount due at signing + 35 additional payments of "xxx"
    I received another offer today from a different dealer for $295/month with "$500 due at signing".

This is NJ (07628), 6.625% Tax Rate.

Sell Price $29,543 (MSRP $33,630).
    In stock vehicle? if so, that is a solid deal.
    tonyg2016 said:
    tonyg2016 said:
    $295 deal is in stock

$305 deal they would have to find the vehicle and want me to pay the $500 upfront, before they locate. Bit hesitant doing that with nothing in writing. 

Both deals range from 11-12% off of msrp. Same dealers were quoting me $350+ last month. Looks like they are being more aggressive this month. 

chrispre3 said:

tonyg2016 said:

tonyg2016 said:

$295 deal is in stock

$305 deal they would have to find the vehicle and want me to pay the $500 upfront, before they locate. Bit hesitant doing that with nothing in writing. 

Both deals range from 11-12% off of msrp. Same dealers were quoting me $350+ last month. Looks like they are being more aggressive this month. 

Well, $295 and in stock is way better than $305 and "gee, let's see if we can find one that matches"

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• urbandetoxurbandetox Member Posts: 17
    Looking for lease terms for Sonata SE, 12/36. Zip code 33418. Residual and MF please.
    chrispre3 said:

Remember, they know the PLUS models are coming and you are buying one of their current top-of-line models (Limited 2.0T). There may be a bit more to squeeze out of this deal, but not much.

tonyg2016 said:

Remember, they know the PLUS models are coming and you are buying one of their current top-of-line models (Limited 2.0T). There may be a bit more to squeeze out of this deal, but not much.
    Good point. What are you thinking, another $5/month? 
    Easy way to find out is to go back to the dealer without the car and tell him to beat your 295 deal with 500 driveoff. If he says "no" then you know you are at rock bottom.
    tonyg2016 said:

Easy way to find out is to go back to the dealer without the car and tell him to beat your 295 deal with 500 driveoff. If he says "no" then you know you are at rock bottom.

Would you have any apprehension dealing with a dealer who asks you to prepay the drive off while he finds the car and nothing solid in writing? I do, which is why while the $305 was a solid offer, I wasn't thrilled about having to work with him.
    if you use a credit card, what is the issue?
    tonyg2016 said:
    if you use a credit card, what is the issue?
    Meaning if we don’t agree to a deal I dispute the charge?
    Yes, but you still need something from them saying that it is a refundable deposit if the vehicle cannot be found and the deal signed in a certain number of days.
    tonyg2016 said:
    Yes, but you still need something from them saying that it is a refundable deposit if the vehicle cannot be found and the deal signed in a certain number of days.
    Would I also need to put the agreed upon price/monthly payment in writing/as a contingency? I worry about them trying to increase the payment based on what car they find. I guess the ‘deal not signed in x days’ gives me the power to refuse to sign as a recourse. 

I really appreciate your help. 
    chrispre3 said:

tonyg2016 said:

Would I also need to put the agreed upon price/monthly payment in writing/as a contingency? I worry about them trying to increase the payment based on what car they find. I guess the ‘deal not signed in x days’ gives me the power to refuse to sign as a recourse. 

I really appreciate your help. 

Aren't there eleventy million Sonatas for sale? Find a dealer that has the car you want in stock, make your deal and drive it home. No way to I let a dealer look for the Sonata I want (or, Accord, Camry, Altima, Civic, etc, etc..) You are just asking for heartache and worry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Looking for lease terms for Sonata SE, 12/36. Zip code 33418. Residual and MF please.

.00114 MF and 53% residual
    $3500 lease cash
    $500 regional event cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Joshua FeinzeigJoshua Feinzeig Member Posts: 28
    Any recommendations for NY/NJ dealer? Most have not been so great....
  • raymos24raymos24 Member Posts: 161
    Hi! I am looking for numbers on a 2018 Sonata SEL & Sport for 36/10k in 02119. Thank you for your help!
    raymos24 said:

Hi! I am looking for numbers on a 2018 Sonata SEL & Sport for 36/10k in 02119. Thank you for your help!

.00114 and 55% (SEL) or 54% (Ltd 2.4)
    $2000 lease cash on SEL
    $3500 lease cash on Limited

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• ny_sxny_sx Member Posts: 139
    jayay123 said:

Any recommendations for NY/NJ dealer? Most have not been so great....

Jayjay - I have bought two cars from Jack Schwartz at Potamkin Hyundai in Manhattan. All the other dealers in the area talked him down, so I went to him last. Not surprisingly, they talked him down because he made the best deals without the BS. I've bought/leased about 20 cars and these were by far and away the easiest. most painless car leases I have ever done. I have two leases due now. I'll do my due diligence to get my baseline pricing and then go back to Jack.

I told Jack upfront I didn't want any extra packages [one car was a Sonata Limited 2.0T and one an SE.] Can you believe they actually didn't even try to sell me extras? When Jack sent the business manager out with the contracts, he introduced himself, said sign here, sign here, and initial here [with explanations, of course] shook my hand and was gone in under five minutes. I couldn't believe it.

If you like, send me a PM and I can introduce you via email. He already knows I'm back in the market, so maybe he'll be a little extra aggressive.
  • asonepraiseasonepraise Member Posts: 17
    Last request...ready to pull trigger on Hyundai Sonata Eco. What are numbers for 37221 Nashville, TN on 36/12 and 36/15 and incentives? Thanks guys you're the best and this is it! 
    Before you pull the trigger on the ECO model, are you aware of the tranny issues?

ECO has the horrible DCT tranny. I would avoid at all costs.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/2016-tucson-ix35-models/454074-dangerous-horrible-dct.html

note: powertrain in tuscon is the same as the Sonata. 1.6t engine and the dual clutch tranny
    tonyg2016 i didn't hear about this. I'm reading this article now!
    tonyg2016...thanks for this--this definitely completely changed my mind. kdyfx and michaell please change my request to sonata se in Nashville, TN for 36/12 and 36/15. This forum rocks!

tonyg2016...thanks for this--this definitely completely changed my mind. kdyfx and michaell please change my request to sonata se in Nashville, TN for 36/12 and 36/15. This forum rocks!

.00114 and 53% / 51%
    $3500 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Note - that article refers to the 2016 model year. It's possible Hyundai has solved the powertrain issues for the current models.

Nevertheless, I'd test drive it and form a first hand opinion. You can't believe everything you read on the internet (except for us, that is) :stuck_out_tongue:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• lus1234lus1234 Member Posts: 4
    (NYC lease offer) With 1500 due at lease signing, is 269 a month 36months 12k a good deal? MSRP IS 26445 sonata sport 2018. I haven’t factored in boost up $500 match 
    lus1234 said:

(NYC lease offer) With 1500 due at lease signing, is 269 a month 36months 12k a good deal? MSRP IS 26445 sonata sport 2018. I haven’t factored in boost up $500 match 

And the adjusted cap cost?

What is the breakdown of the $1500?

2.4 or 2.0T?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• melfranksmelfranks Member Posts: 6
    Looking for lease terms for Sonata 2.0T Limited, 12/36. Zip code 55901. Residual and MF please. Thanks!
    lus1234 said:

What is the MSRP?
    Selling price?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Michaell said:

Note - that article refers to the 2016 model year. It's possible Hyundai has solved the powertrain issues for the current models.

They have tweaked the tranny s/w but they have not solved the problem because there is no problem. It is an inherent issue with a "dry" clutch DCT. There are over 2000 posts in that forum. The DCT drives like a manual tranny and many people have forgotten how to drive one. Not saying it isn't driveable, but a longer test drive is necessary. The main safety concern is stalling at an intersection when turning left.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/2016-tucson-ix35-models/613817-anyone-happy-their-dual-clutch-transmission.html

MF/RV/incentives zip 11230

36/12

Hybrid Limited

Thanks!
    jayay123 said:

36/12

Hybrid Limited

Thanks!

.00202 and 52%
    $3750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

jayay123 said:

36/12

Hybrid Limited

Thanks!

Same for 2017 (if still lease program)
    @Michaell
    @kyfdx
    do the edmunds guys know how hyundai defines "aged inventory?"

just showed up today on another site (affects ALL trims):
    $500 expires 7/9/2018, Bonus Cash (Aged Inventory Sell Down)

jayay123 said:

jayay123 said:

36/12

Hybrid Limited

Thanks!

Same for 2017 (if still lease program)
    .00061 and 43%
    $5000 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

tonyg2016 said:

@Michaell
    @kyfdx
    do the edmunds guys know how hyundai defines "aged inventory?"

just showed up today on another site (affects ALL trims):
    $500 expires 7/9/2018, Bonus Cash (Aged Inventory Sell Down)

Sorry, don't know how Hyundai defines aged inventory.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator