Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    Boy that's a tough call Brian . Accord, Fusion or 750. taking recommendations what I tell the marriage councilor why my kids have no new toys or were put back in public school. My good friend has a loaded 17 Fusion he loves it , black on black very sharp looking . 19 tires , V6. I still think the accord touring is superior.
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    brian125 said:

If your willing to spend a few dollars more than a Accord touring I always recommend this bad girl for 2018

https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/7-series/2018/review/

This pony is a bit too purebred for my stable but would not mind trying the saddle
    hihihihi said:

hihihihi said:

is 24k out the door price for sport model a good deal?

Please give us a detailed price breakdown so we know exactly what numbers are part of the OTD cost. Things like tax rates, dealership fees, tags & license and any accessories prices into that final number will be needed to figure out if it is a good deal or not. 

Its the final price of the car.
    msrp: 26,670 - 4450.36 discount + 983.51 tax + 805.85 titles and fees = 24,000
    another -500 for recent grad so 23500 out the door.

@hihihihi Have you finalized this deal yet? sounds like a winner !
  • chiknlegschiknlegs Member Posts: 2
    Starting to look for deals on the 2018 Accord LX in the DC/NOVA region. So far found that Honda of Tysons gives the following OTD No Haggle price:

MSRP: $23,570.00
    Discount: $3,579.00
    Sonic Price: $19,991.00
    Freight: $890
    Processing Fee: $699
    Tax: $895.57
    Tag: $72.75
    VA State Business Tax: $36.69
    Our Honda of Tysons Corner Out The Door price is $22,585.01

Does that seem worthwhile or can we do better? Anybody use this dealership before?
  • rbraden1rbraden1 Member Posts: 23
    chiknlegs said:

Starting to look for deals on the 2018 Accord LX in the DC/NOVA region. So far found that Honda of Tysons gives the following OTD No Haggle price:

Does that seem worthwhile or can we do better? Anybody use this dealership before?

Do you actually want an LX? I'm not telling you what to want, but the EX adds so many features that I think most people find valuable.
  • benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    rbraden1 said:

chiknlegs said:

Do you actually want an LX? I'm not telling you what to want, but the EX adds so many features that I think most people find valuable.
    Yes. And even going up to the Sport adds a feature that I think is almost essential in a new car today: AndroidAuto/CarPlay. The Sport also adds some other stuff that will be nice now, and definitely add to resale value later.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    chiknlegs said:

Hold out you could do better! wait till the end of the month get more dealers involved in pricing.

Your above deal after the high doc fee is $883 below invoice . A good solid target price to buy should be $1500 to 2k below invoice after the doc fee charge...........Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

I believe the LX comes with cheap Hankook tires but the other trims tires are upgraded to michelin
    edited June 2018
    rbraden1 said:

chiknlegs said:

I agree............................. the EX or Sport is the better buy than a Lx model, it will pay better dividends when you sell it

• chiknlegschiknlegs Member Posts: 2
    It's not for me, but for my new college graduate son. He needs a good car for commuting to his new job, and likes the Accord (he's been driving a 2011 that is about to be passed down to his brother). He was looking at the LX because he thought he really didn't need anything more, but I'll suggest he does a bit more research. He was initially looking at buying used, but test drove a 2018 yesterday. He liked all the new features, and might look at buying new if he can get a great deal.
    Reach out to these dealers at the end of the month if your buying

Criswell, O'Donnell, Landmark, Heritage belair

• 1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    The difference between Honda and BMW regarding depreciation is eye popping. First Year depreciation on a BMW 4 series and others is beyond 25%! My wife just took out a 2018 BMW 440i convertible and it was quite a car. Too bad Honda doesn't make convertibles anymore....
    edited June 2018
    chiknlegs said:

It's not for me, but for my new college graduate son. He needs a good car for commuting to his new job, and likes the Accord (he's been driving a 2011 that is about to be passed down to his brother). He was looking at the LX because he thought he really didn't need anything more, but I'll suggest he does a bit more research. He was initially looking at buying used, but test drove a 2018 yesterday. He liked all the new features, and might look at buying new if he can get a great deal.

The Accord Sport has a list price of $2200 more than the LX. But the list of what you get for that is significant, including:

8" screen with AndroidAuto/CarPlay (provides navigation, etc. through your phone)
    19" alloy wheels (look great) with massively upgraded performance tires (this alone is worth c. $1000)
    12-way power seat (compared to manual seat on the LX)
    Then on top of those big things there are a lot of little things, like LED foglights, chrome exhaust finishers, upgraded stereo with more speakers, etc.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    benjaminh said:

chiknlegs said:

The Accord Sport has a list price of $2200 more than the LX. But the list of what you get for that is significant, including:

8" screen with AndroidAuto/CarPlay (provides navigation, etc. through your phone)
    19" alloy wheels (look great) with massively upgraded performance tires (this alone is worth c. $1000)
    12-way power seat (compared to manual seat on the LX)
    Then on top of those big things there are a lot of little things, like LED foglights, chrome exhaust finishers, upgraded stereo with more speakers, etc.
    But no heated seats; gotta go to the EX trim level to get those.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• vpegany1vpegany1 Member Posts: 31
    Trying to get 2-3k below invoice on an '18 Accord Sport either 1.5 or 2.0 in the North Carolina Area. Can anyone recommend any dealers, I've tried AutoPark and Crown Honda and no luck, their added dealer accessories are throwing deal over the top for me. Thank you in advance
    vpegany1

Might have to wait few months to get 2-3k below in your area. Try these dealers they are the better ones in the state

Leith, Bryan, Honda of Concord, both Hendrick Honda & Hickory, Hall, Priority Huntersville

Ugh, this is painful. Reached out to about 15 dealers via email this morning. I've probably got 30+ emails back already, with only 1 containing an actual price breakdown - and not a very good one. Of course my request says that I've already decided exactly what I want (an EX), and the vast majority of initial responses are just canned emails saying "what questions can we answer?" and "when can you come in to test drive?". Hopefully in a few hours I'll have some more info.

On another topic, I posted a few weeks back about the hybrid and wondering why more people aren't interested in those, and I have ultimately come to the conclusion that I guess many others have as well, which is that the gas savings just isn't worth it. Obviously it will be different for everyone based on a number of factors, but my back of the napkin math went something like this: 12000 miles/year @ $3/gallon = about 108 gallons more gas per year, or $324 in annual gas savings on the hybrid vs. the standard accord. Based on pricing I got, the premium on the hybrid was about $1500 or a little more. So break even is nearly 5 years, but you also miss out on financing incentives since there are none on the accord hybrid. On the accord, you can get 1.9% or 2.9% depending on term length. Losing those incentives will cost in the range of $20-25 per month PER % more - so that loss of financing incentive could completely wipe out most of even all of the gas savings as long as you're making payments and then some. I really want the economics to be in favor of the hybrid, but I just can't get there.
    Yeah, without low the financing it doesn't make sense economically to get the hybrid. The hybrid does have slightly more power than the 1.5 at lower speeds, and gets to 60 maybe about a third of a second faster. Plus the hybrid has a longer range on the highway than the 1.5, maybe 150 miles or so more, even though the hybrid has a smaller gas tank (12.8 for the hybrid vs. 14.8 for turbo Accords).

For Accord prices overall, I think waiting a month will probably yield savings of maybe a thousand.....? Just a guess.
    benjaminh said:

Yeah, without low the financing it doesn't make sense economically to get the hybrid. The hybrid does have slightly more power than the 1.5 at lower speeds, and gets to 60 maybe about a third of a second faster. Plus the hybrid has a longer range on the highway than the 1.5, maybe 150 miles or so more, even though the hybrid has a smaller gas tank (12.8 for the hybrid vs. 14.8 for turbo Accords).

For Accord prices overall, I think waiting a month will probably yield savings of maybe a thousand.....? Just a guess.

Sold my car last week. I'm buying this week. Waiting will likely be helpful, but I'm ready to go, and since I sold my car for $2K more than the dealer was going to give me on trade, I'm happy to just get the best price I can get now. I'll let everyone know what numbers I get on the EX as soon as I get done negotiating.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    edited June 2018
    "Ugh, this is painful. Reached out to about 15 dealers via email this morning. I've probably got 30+ emails back already, with only 1 containing an actual price breakdown - and not a very good one. Of course my request says that I've already decided exactly what I want (an EX), and the vast majority of initial responses are just canned emails saying "what questions can we answer?" and "when can you come in to test drive?". Hopefully in a few hours I'll have some more info."

@rbraden1 - I hear you. Some dealers just want you to come into their dealership and waste your time. I would just follow up with them via email and remind them you are looking for sale price, doc fees, etc... Those who fail to provide any info can be crossed off your shopping list.

I am sure you are aware, but there are no finance incentives offered by Honda this month. However, since you mentioned you sold your car last week, waiting till next month does not look like an option for you.

There is a lot of good advice in previous posts (on this forum) to help you negotiate and land a great deal. Good luck.
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    Quick question for the pros. I know Truecar prices aren't necessarily the bible for what you should pay, but does anyone know what the "market average" price that they display includes? It is just sales price? Or sales price + doc fees? Surely, it isn't inclusive of tax/tags, right?

I am sure you are aware, but there are no finance incentives offered by Honda this month. However, since you mentioned you sold your car last week, waiting till next month does not look like an option for you.

I'm confused. Aren't they still doing the 1.9% for 36 or 2.9% for 60 mos? Honda's website says they are:

https://automobiles.honda.com/tools/current-offers?zipcode=23116
    rbraden1 said:

I'm confused. Aren't they still doing the 1.9% for 36 or 2.9% for 60 mos? Honda's website says they are:

https://automobiles.honda.com/tools/current-offers?zipcode=23116
    From everything I'm seeing they are available till 7/5 for qualified individuals
    rbraden1 said:
    I'm confused. Aren't they still doing the 1.9% for 36 or 2.9% for 60 mos? Honda's website says they are: https://automobiles.honda.com/tools/current-offers?zipcode=23116
    They are but there are no cash incentives such as Flex cash available this month. 
    Thanks for the clarification. I'll probably buy today or tomorrow. I could borrow a car and wait, but I'm also scared that financing incentives might go away based on the overall interest rate environment. If prices drop $500, I can live with that.

So far the best quote I've gotten on an EX is a whopping $10 under invoice after doc fees:

$24,621 + $499 doc fee +$1,160.47 in tax and tags. No dealer installed nonsense, so I guess that's good. Based on previous comments here (which seem strangely mostly in the Northeast), I was hoping to be $1000-$1500 below invoice rather than right at it, but so far the dealers near me in Richmond VA and Northern VA are
    Pitting dealers against each other got it down from $26,280 out the door to $26K on the EX. Hoping to get a few hundred more off by the end of the day. I only have so much stamina :)
    rbraden1 said:

Pitting dealers against each other got it down from $26,280 out the door to $26K on the EX. Hoping to get a few hundred more off by the end of the day. I only have so much stamina :)

Seems like a good price in your area for a great car. Imho don't beat yourself and your salesperson up over the last few hundred bucks. Salespeople need to make a living too. The big thing is to avoid expensive add-ons, warranties, etc. Don't buy them! I bought 3 HondaCare warranties for my first three Accords and never used any of them even once.
    @rbraden1 - I do not expect the finance offers to go away. My gut tells me they will either be extended for the month of July or get better. 

One suggestion to you (since you plan to buy tomorrow) is to tell dealers that you will buy today for say $1k below invoice. If you could wait a couple more weeks towards the end of the month/quarter, you might get a better deal. However, I understand that is not an option. 
  • dominatorhndominatorhn Member Posts: 20
    hi rbraden1, is 26k is for the standard ex or hybrid ex?

hi rbraden1, is 26k is for the standard ex or hybrid ex?

Standard. I posted a couple days ago why I bailed on the hybrid. That should be just a page back or so if you care to see my rationale.

@rbraden1 - I do not expect the finance offers to go away. My gut tells me they will either be extended for the month of July or get better. 

One suggestion to you (since you plan to buy tomorrow) is to tell dealers that you will buy today for say $1k below invoice. If you could wait a couple more weeks towards the end of the month/quarter, you might get a better deal. However, I understand that is not an option. 

I will do that, although I already had 3 say no to my $26K OTD offer, which based on my tax is roughly $300-350 under invoice.
    benjaminh said:

rbraden1 said:

Seems like a good price in your area for a great car. Imho don't beat yourself and your salesperson up over the last few hundred bucks. Salespeople need to make a living too. The big thing is to avoid expensive add-ons, warranties, etc. Don't buy them! I bought 3 HondaCare warranties for my first three Accords and never used any of them even once.
    That's what I'm thinking as well. I certainly won't be buying any warranties or add ons. The reason I'm buying a Honda is so I don't have to...
    Finalized my deal. My preferred dealer wouldn't beat the $26K because they have wheel locks and mud guards installed on all their cars, but he did match that price with those included, which I think is pretty good. Will get the car tomorrow and try to upload price breakdown here once I do in case it's helpful to anyone.
    edited June 2018
    rbraden1 said:

.... I posted a couple days ago why I bailed on the hybrid. That should be just a page back or so if you care to see my rationale.

My guess is that in a month or two the Accord Hybrid will get the same low interest rate financing as the turbo Accords. We'll see.

At the EX level, the Accord Hybrid costs c.$1500 more than the 1.5, and so, as mentioned, it takes almost 4 years to make up the the difference in price through gas savings. The EPA estimates at current gas prices that the 1.5 turbo EX will cost about $1350 a year for gas, while the Hybrid will cost you about $950 for gas. The 1.5T Accord already gets such good mpg, esp. on the highway, that although the savings are there they aren't really huge.

But some interesting math happens at the Touring level, because the Touring Hybrid only costs c.$900 more than the 1.5T Touring. Why? Well, the 1.5T Touring gets those huge 19" wheels and tires, as well as chrome exhaust tips, both of which the Hybrid Touring skips. Otherwise the Hybrid Touring gets the all the other extra features that the 1.5 Touring gets. But because the Touring 1.5 has those huge tires, that model also has a 2 mpg penalty compared to an EX 1.5. And so the Touring 1.5 has gas costs of $1400 a year.

In other words, at the Touring level the Hybrid earns back its modest $900 extra cost over the 1.5 Touring in gas savings in just two years. I have to admit I'm tempted by that.

I have 2 offers:
    1. 2018 Accord Hybrid EXL: $27,994, plus$500 college rebate, with tax+fee, OTD price is $29,551
    2. 2018 Accord Hybrid EX: $25,669 plus $500 college rebate, with tax+fee, OTD price is $27,385
    which is better deal? EXL has leather, passenger power seat, driver memory setting, 10 speakers vs 8 on Ex, and auto-dimming rearview mirror.  Is it worth $2,165 price different?
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    rbraden1 said:

... My preferred dealer wouldn't beat the $26K because they have wheel locks and mud guards installed on all their cars, but he did match that price with those included, which I think is pretty good.

depends on the charges:
    wheel locks $55 or so
    mud guards 95-110 max
    edited June 2018

I have 2 offers:
    1. 2018 Accord Hybrid EXL: $27,994, plus$500 college rebate, with tax+fee, OTD price is $29,551
    2. 2018 Accord Hybrid EX: $25,669 plus $500 college rebate, with tax+fee, OTD price is $27,385
    which is better deal? EXL has leather, passenger power seat, driver memory setting, 10 speakers vs 8 on Ex, and auto-dimming rearview mirror.  Is it worth $2,165 price different?

It depends on how much leather and a good sound system are worth to you. There are some other goodies as well. There's nothing essential. Since you just graduated from college maybe save the money? But if a good sound system, leather, etc. are worth it to you, and you can afford it, imho it is "worth it."

Really good prices for both models I think. What dealer is this?

Here are some points of comparison. My wife and I have the earlier generation of Accord, but she got the nicer one. She has a 2013 EXL, while I have a 2016 EX.

My wife's EXL sound system is better than mine. It's easy to tell the difference. The EX sound system is adequate imho, but that's it. The EXL system in an Accord actually sounds good.

My wife's seats are also more comfortable than my cloth seats. My EX cloth seats are perfectly fine and good, but my wife's EXL seats feel luxurious—and they are also a little bit more comfortable.

EXL also adds....

Power-Adjustable Front Passenger Seat (compared to manual in the EX)
    HomeLink® Universal Remote* (built-in garage door opener. Neat imho)
    Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror (Also useful)
    Thanks. I actually buy it for my son who is graduating in December. The dealer is Honda of Kenosha in Wisconsin.
    tonyg2016 said:

rbraden1 said:

... My preferred dealer wouldn't beat the $26K because they have wheel locks and mud guards installed on all their cars, but he did match that price with those included, which I think is pretty good.

depends on the charges:
    wheel locks $55 or so
    mud guards 95-110 max
    Kinda my point. I was only asking them to beat the other best price I got by $100, and instead they threw in both for free. Seems like a pretty good trade to me.
    I agree that the sound system sucks on the EX (I think it isn't great on any of them). I'd rather spend the money on aftermarket gear, which I plan to do immediately.
    benjaminh said:

I have 2 offers:

It depends on how much leather and a good sound system are worth to you. There are some other goodies as well. There's nothing essential. Since you just graduated from college maybe save the money? But if a good sound system, leather, etc. are worth it to you, and you can afford it, imho it is "worth it."

Really good prices for both models I think. What dealer is this?

Here are some points of comparison. My wife and I have the earlier generation of Accord, but she got the nicer one. She has a 2013 EXL, while I have a 2016 EX.

My wife's EXL sound system is better than mine. It's easy to tell the difference. The EX sound system is adequate imho, but that's it. The EXL system in an Accord actually sounds good.

My wife's seats are also more comfortable than my cloth seats. My EX cloth seats are perfectly fine and good, but my wife's EXL seats feel luxurious—and they are also a little bit more comfortable.

EXL also adds....

Power-Adjustable Front Passenger Seat (compared to manual in the EX)
    HomeLink® Universal Remote* (built-in garage door opener. Neat imho)
    Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror (Also useful)
    I love my heated seats on my EX-L. They come in handy during the winter.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    edited June 2018
    rbraden1 said:

tonyg2016 said:

rbraden1 said:

depends on the charges:
    wheel locks $55 or so
    mud guards 95-110 max
    Kinda my point. I was only asking them to beat the other best price I got by $100, and instead they threw in both for free. Seems like a pretty good trade to me.
    If 26k otd included those 2 items, i agree that is a good trade and a very good deal. Thought you meant 26k + accessories. fwiw, can't get below 27.3k otd for the EX in the Midwest (taxes different, etc.)
    tonyg2016 said:

rbraden1 said:

tonyg2016 said:

rbraden1 said:

depends on the charges:
    wheel locks $55 or so
    mud guards 95-110 max
    If 26k otd included those 2 items, i agree that is a good trade and a very good deal. Thought you meant 26k + accessories. fwiw, can't get below 27.3k otd for the EX in the Midwest (taxes different, etc.)
    Bummer. Assuming all goes as planned, I'll upload my paperwork tomorrow. It might not help, but who knows, it might.
    edited June 2018

I love my heated seats on my EX-L. They come in handy during the winter.

And actually for 2018 the Accord EX adds heated seats. Nice feature at the cloth level, even though cloth doesn't get as cold.

The 2018 EX has taken off two things that my 2016 EX has—the built-in garage door opener, and the turn signal indicators built into the side mirrors.

But having driven the all-new 2018 Accord, I'm convinced that overall it's a better car in several areas. They added so much stuff to the 2018 EX, like Honda Sensing, heated seats, etc., etc., that taking off those two little things seems fine to me.

rbraden1 said:
    depends on the charges: wheel locks $55 or so mud guards 95-110 max
    Bummer. Assuming all goes as planned, I'll upload my paperwork tomorrow. It might not help, but who knows, it might.
    Good Luck. 
  • athleticfaceathleticface Member Posts: 6
    Hi Guys,

I've been comparing pricing on a Sport 2.0t in my area. I'm located in LA where there are a lot of dealers in the area. The lowest quote I got so far is a $27,237 sell price. All the dealers i've emailed said they can beat it but refuse to offer a quote unless I come in.

What do you guys think about this deal? it's about 12% off MSRP. $3963 off.

I can wait til the end of this month or even until the end of next if really need be. But i'm not sure how much cheaper it can get.

Thanks.
    edited June 2018
    Many think the prices will get better by the end of july but there is no way to be certain
    rbraden1 said:
    Quick question for the pros. I know Truecar prices aren't necessarily the bible for what you should pay, but does anyone know what the "market average" price that they display includes? It is just sales price? Or sales price + doc fees? Surely, it isn't inclusive of tax/tags, right?
    I doubt Truecar's market average price will include doc fees. Go with the assumption it is mainly the average sale price of a car in your area (not including tags, taxes and fees).

A word of advice; you will not always see or get the lowest price if you use a Truecar certified dealer. I read somewhere a while back that dealers pay Truecar a finder's fee. I would suggest using them for research purposes and comparing pricing in your area, but I have never relied on them for the best pricing.

Where are you located and what trim of the Accord are you looking to purchase?
    edited June 2018
    Hi Guys, I've been comparing pricing on a Sport 2.0t in my area. I'm located in LA where there are a lot of dealers in the area. The lowest quote I got so far is a $27,237 sell price. All the dealers i've emailed said they can beat it but refuse to offer a quote unless I come in. What do you guys think about this deal? it's about 12% off MSRP. $3963 off. I can wait til the end of this month or even until the end of next if really need be. But i'm not sure how much cheaper it can get. Thanks.
    You are at about $1374 below invoice before doc fees. Here is my advice. Since no one knows whether pricing and incentives will get better next month, if you need a car asap make your best deal at the end of the month. You could offer to buy TODAY at say $1500 below invoice after doc fees (only if you plan to do so). Then wait and see what dealers get back to you. 

However, if you are in no rush to buy then you are free to wait until next month to see whether pricing gets better. No one knows whether Flex cash will make a come back in July.

Good luck.
  • sdouc99sdouc99 Member Posts: 51
    rbraden1 said:
    I doubt Truecar's market average price will include doc fees. Go with the assumption it is mainly the average sale price of a car in your area (not including tags, taxes and fees).

A word of advice; you will not always see or get the lowest price if you use a Truecar certified dealer. I read somewhere a while back that dealers pay Truecar a finder's fee. I would suggest using them for research purposes and comparing pricing in your area, but I have never relied on them for the best pricing.

Where are you located and what trim of the Accord are you looking to purchase?
    I believe TrueCar is useless and is in the business of benefiting dealers more than consumers. 

I got got an EX for $1600 less than the TrueCar average and $2300 less than what they say is the market average. I see other people getting similar deals.