Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,333
    I don’t know but I want it. My color and everything. 
    2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    @stickguy,
    Price seems reasonable considering what it is, it's a 2017 and CPO.
    To me, the wheels are little dark for the body color, but I wouldn't change them.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    Pretty nice. I'd prefer a superman car (red interior), but I get the appeal.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    g8orgrant said:

Thanks guys. One follow up to Q's response - when you said "the most expensive one at auction", are you saying the more expensive of the two examples I provided, or are you saying that across all the auction results, the most expensive of these models hit $31,400?

most expensive of all similar vehicles at auction. Also the one with the lowest miles (3700).

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

stickguy said:

OK experts, what is a reasonable price for this, and what are they fetching at trade/auction?

https://www.bmwmainline.com/certified/BMW/2017-BMW-2+Series-07feec180a0d04fe1b7fb243b2dbc182.htm

worth about $37k at the block

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    edited June 2018
    stickguy said:

OK experts, what is a reasonable price for this, and what are they fetching at trade/auction?

https://www.bmwmainline.com/certified/BMW/2017-BMW-2+Series-07feec180a0d04fe1b7fb243b2dbc182.htm

xDrive and a droptop disqualify it for me; the wheels can be ordered in either black or Orbit Gray, IIRC.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    Next month marks one full year with my F150, so …

Trade in value, please, for a 2017 Ford F150 Reg Cab.

Exterior is green (magnetic?), interior grey cloth.

2.7L twin turbo V6

It does have the 18 inch chrome clad wheels, and the entry level Sync stereo (a definite step up from the base radio). I doubt that would add to the trade in, but it certainly makes it more desirable.

Let’s see, what else?

2 wheel drive
    2,800 miles
    Perfect condition, of course.

Thanks in advance, as always.

Oh, and I'm keeping the Town & Country. By far, the most practical vehicle I have ever owned. If I got rid of this one, it would only be to get another one.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    Forgot to say: XL not XLT
    And location. As the realtors like to say, location, location, location.

Houston, TX
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    henryn said:

Next month marks one full year with my F150, so …

Trade in value, please, for a 2017 Ford F150 Reg Cab.

Exterior is green (magnetic?), interior grey cloth.

2.7L twin turbo V6

It does have the 18 inch chrome clad wheels, and the entry level Sync stereo (a definite step up from the base radio). I doubt that would add to the trade in, but it certainly makes it more desirable.

Let’s see, what else?

2 wheel drive
    2,800 miles
    Perfect condition, of course.

Thanks in advance, as always.

Oh, and I'm keeping the Town & Country. By far, the most practical vehicle I have ever owned. If I got rid of this one, it would only be to get another one.

Is this the one that had all the parts stolen off of it out of your driveway?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

No, that was a 2015 Crew Cab, XLT, much more expensive than this Reg Cab XL. They took the hood and the left front quarter panel. I would call it a headlight assembly or light assembly, but the paperwork called it a quarter panel.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    henryn said:

No, that was a 2015 Crew Cab, XLT, much more expensive than this Reg Cab XL. They took the hood and the left front quarter panel. I would call it a headlight assembly or light assembly, but the paperwork called it a quarter panel.

funny, not sure if I mentioned this before, but the CARMAX manager at the San Diego location said that 2 replaced/fixed/repainted panels equaled AUTOMATIC wholesale car, with the appropriate approximate 20% reduction in value.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well that's CARMAX policy, not necessarily what everyone else thinks.

Well that's CARMAX policy, not necessarily what everyone else thinks.

True, and it might just be that manager at that location; although I think Carmax strives for the McDonald's appearance and consistency model of car sales.

Still, I don't think insurers and adjusters can get away with discounting their methods as "not representative of the whole used car market" since I do believe they hold the title to the nation's largest used car dealer?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    Buyers set the market, not CARMAX, no price guides, not dealers, not appraisers----so if buyers enforce that rule, then that's the real world IMO. If they ignore it, then CARMAX is off the mark.

Each used car is different. Applying blanket rules doesn't really work when people are negotiating with each other. If I show you that those two "accidents" were headlight damage and the right fender being keyed, how afraid would you be to pay the going price for my car? Probably not too shy about it. And CARMAX would try to get my car for wholesale and turn right around and explain how superficial the damage really was to the next buyer. You can count on that.

edited June 2018

Buyers set the market, not CARMAX, no price guides, not dealers, not appraisers----so if buyers enforce that rule, then that's the real world IMO. If they ignore it, then CARMAX is off the mark.

Each used car is different. Applying blanket rules doesn't really work when people are negotiating with each other. If I show you that those two "accidents" were headlight damage and the right fender being keyed, how afraid would you be to pay the going price for my car? Probably not too shy about it. And CARMAX would try to get my car for wholesale and turn right around and explain how superficial the damage really was to the next buyer. You can count on that.

Paperwork with line item estimates would go a long way, but remember, for that statement to mean anything, your customer has to have trust, and used car sales isn't a business known for trustworthiness.

It's just "easier" for a buyer to outright ignore accident damaged vehicles. That's one of my DV arguments. Smaller market to market to. For example, in my case, I couldn't market my vehicle to Audi dealerships as a possible CPO sale. I was out of the "certified" market.
    I traded in that 2015 F150, with two panels replaced. Two different dealerships evaluated the car at EXACTLY what Qbrozen told me it was worth. And I showed both of them the paperwork from the repair. Either it doesn't count if the parts were stolen (versus the car being in a wreck), or Carmax is full of it.

I suspect a little of each. I know that I, as a buyer, would look more harshly on a wrecked car than on one where the hood was stolen. Especially in this case, where I am fairly certain the thieves were professional body repairmen. They unplugged all of the wire harnesses. You would think, working in the dead of the night, stealthily, they would just cut the wires. Nope, every single wire harness was neatly unplugged. And no bolts, nuts, washers, screws lying around. They took everything, and they took it neatly.

And they were able to unlock the truck, in order to pop the hood, without leaving a mark. Like I said, professionals.
    henryn said:
    Next month marks one full year with my F150, so … Trade in value, please, for a 2017 Ford F150 Reg Cab. Exterior is green (magnetic?), interior grey cloth. 2.7L twin turbo V6 It does have the 18 inch chrome clad wheels, and the entry level Sync stereo (a definite step up from the base radio). I doubt that would add to the trade in, but it certainly makes it more desirable. Let’s see, what else? 2 wheel drive 2,800 miles Perfect condition, of course. Thanks in advance, as always. Oh, and I'm keeping the Town & Country. By far, the most practical vehicle I have ever owned. If I got rid of this one, it would only be to get another one.
    I can tell you that my supercrew xlt was alreadt worth its 2-yr residual at just 6 mos old.

Yours is about $20k-$21k.

edited June 2018
    henryn said:

I traded in that 2015 F150, with two panels replaced. Two different dealerships evaluated the car at EXACTLY what Qbrozen told me it was worth. And I showed both of them the paperwork from the repair. Either it doesn't count if the parts were stolen (versus the car being in a wreck), or Carmax is full of it.

I suspect a little of each. I know that I, as a buyer, would look more harshly on a wrecked car than on one where the hood was stolen. Especially in this case, where I am fairly certain the thieves were professional body repairmen. They unplugged all of the wire harnesses. You would think, working in the dead of the night, stealthily, they would just cut the wires. Nope, every single wire harness was neatly unplugged. And no bolts, nuts, washers, screws lying around. They took everything, and they took it neatly.

And they were able to unlock the truck, in order to pop the hood, without leaving a mark. Like I said, professionals.

Yes, my family wasn't so lucky when stealing VW Jetta head units (stereo radio) was popular.

They damaged the doors, door locks, and wiring harnesses taking it out. You had very considerate thieves!

The damages for breaking in can far exceed what was stolen. Broken glass, though messier, is far cheaper.
    qbrozen said:

I can tell you that my supercrew xlt was alreadt worth its 2-yr residual at just 6 mos old.

That's actually pretty good news. I only paid $22.4, it was a hell of a deal when I bought it. There are a lot of Ford dealers in this town (as you might imagine), and every one of them had a similar truck. This particular one was the cheapest with a 2.7L, by more than $2k. Not sure why, maybe it had just been on the lot the longest.

That 2015 supercrew XLT cost me $32k, and was worth about $25k 18 months later with only 6k miles.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do here, or even if I'm going to do anything. But knowledge is power, and I do thank you for the information.
    henryn said:

qbrozen said:

That's actually pretty good news. I only paid $22.4, it was a hell of a deal when I bought it. There are a lot of Ford dealers in this town (as you might imagine), and every one of them had a similar truck. This particular one was the cheapest with a 2.7L, by more than $2k. Not sure why, maybe it had just been on the lot the longest.

That 2015 supercrew XLT cost me $32k, and was worth about $25k 18 months later with only 6k miles.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do here, or even if I'm going to do anything. But knowledge is power, and I do thank you for the information.
    What was the sticker on that bad boy?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

nyccarguy said:

Total MSRP: $31,075

I got almost $10k off.

Right now, a new 2018 F150 XLT Supercrew, nicely equipped with the 302A package, is discounting from $44k down to $33k, about $11k off the window sticker. About a 25% discount. Mine was more like a 32% discount.

I was thinking I might try something different this time, but I'm not sure what. Chevrolet is still selling very old technology, the same 5.3L V8 and 6 speed automatic that I had in my last Silverado, a 2013. Which just doesn't cut it. A hemi might be nice in a Ram. Definitely not a Toyota, they think their pickups are made of gold or platinum or something very expensive.

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,756
    henryn said:

nyccarguy said:

Total MSRP: $31,075

I got almost $10k off.

Right now, a new 2018 F150 XLT Supercrew, nicely equipped with the 302A package, is discounting from $44k down to $33k, about $11k off the window sticker. About a 25% discount. Mine was more like a 32% discount.

I was thinking I might try something different this time, but I'm not sure what. Chevrolet is still selling very old technology, the same 5.3L V8 and 6 speed automatic that I had in my last Silverado, a 2013. Which just doesn't cut it. A hemi might be nice in a Ram. Definitely not a Toyota, they think their pickups are made of gold or platinum or something very expensive.

Think diesel.....!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    Trucks are an interesting market in a way. While the used market is strong, I think a great deal of that are people who want to use them for their intended purpose and therefore don't care about the extras all that much. A stripper $30k model will depreciate very little from street price while a $50k model is going to drop to $35k the second you drive it off the lot.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,250
    @henryn,
    The 2.7 now has the DI/PI fuel system and the 10 speed transmission, previously only available with the 3.5.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,236
    henryn said:
    Chevrolet is still selling very old technology, the same 5.3L V8 and 6 speed automatic that I had in my last Silverado, a 2013. Which just doesn't cut it.
    I think they have an 8-speed auto now. The 2019 Silverado will also offer a 2.7 liter turbocharged four cylinder. Myself, I’d want the 6.2 liter V8 like I had in my Denali. You could really pull some stumps with that! Toyota has not updated the Tundra in quite a while. 
    corvette said:

henryn said:

nyccarguy said:

Chevrolet is still selling very old technology, the same 5.3L V8 and 6 speed automatic that I had in my last Silverado, a 2013. Which just doesn't cut it.

I think they have an 8-speed auto now. The 2019 Silverado will also offer a 2.7 liter turbocharged four cylinder. Myself, I’d want the 6.2 liter V8 like I had in my Denali. You could really pull some stumps with that! Toyota has not updated the Tundra in quite a while. 

My best friend has the 6.2L V8 in his Sierra Denali Pickup. He loves it! His major complaint is that it is speed governed to 97 mph.

corvette said:

Interesting, I hadn’t encountered that information (8 speed automatic in the Silverado). I recently looked at one (an advertised special), 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Texas Edition (nicely equipped) for $31k. It definitely had the 5.3L and the 6 speed. After reading your post, I did a quick google search. It seems GM has had an 8 speed automatic available in their trucks for the last 2 years, but they are still selling (mostly?) trucks equipped with the 6 speed. I found one thread where it was stated that only the LTZ (upper trim level) came with the 8 speed.

And I saw several threads with people having problems with the programming of the 8 speed, and others discussing how the 8 speed seemed to be a tad slower 0-60. And yes, they are going to offer a turbocharged 2.7L four cylinder, but not until the 2019 model year. I had heard about the new engine, and even read the specifications. Definitely less power (HP and torque) than the Ford 2.7L V6.

I would definitely be interested in the 6.2L V8, but those are pretty rare, only come in the highest trim levels, and you are never going to find an “advertised special” equipped with the the 6.2L.

qbrozen said:

Trucks are an interesting market in a way. While the used market is strong, I think a great deal of that are people who want to use them for their intended purpose and therefore don't care about the extras all that much. A stripper $30k model will depreciate very little from street price while a $50k model is going to drop to $35k the second you drive it off the lot.

Are we talking list price, or street price? A $50k window sticker truck can be had for around $37k right now. And, interestingly enough, the $65k model that you would then expect to be discounted to $50k does not receive near as much of a discount. Probably a lack of factory incentives, due to not as many sold, the supposition that only a rich person would buy it, and those rich people aren't driven by price?

If you're expecting the same 25% off MSRP when you go upmarket, and look at trucks with a window sticker in the $60k to $65k range, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

And don’t even think about a Canyon or Colorado. The MSRP will be considerably less than the equivalent Silverado, but the actual selling price will be considerably higher. No discounts and no factory incentives. Why would they discount? They are apparently still selling them as fast as they can produce them.
    henryn said:

corvette said:

Interesting, I hadn’t encountered that information (8 speed automatic in the Silverado). I recently looked at one (an advertised special), 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Texas Edition (nicely equipped) for $31k. It definitely had the 5.3L and the 6 speed. After reading your post, I did a quick google search. It seems GM has had an 8 speed automatic available in their trucks for the last 2 years, but they are still selling (mostly?) trucks equipped with the 6 speed. I found one thread where it was stated that only the LTZ (upper trim level) came with the 8 speed.

And I saw several threads with people having problems with the programming of the 8 speed, and others discussing how the 8 speed seemed to be a tad slower 0-60. And yes, they are going to offer a turbocharged 2.7L four cylinder, but not until the 2019 model year. I had heard about the new engine, and even read the specifications. Definitely less power (HP and torque) than the Ford 2.7L V6.

I would definitely be interested in the 6.2L V8, but those are pretty rare, only come in the highest trim levels, and you are never going to find an “advertised special” equipped with the the 6.2L.

Before my Dad bought his Yukon SLT in April, they had 15% off Yukon Denalis (with the 6.2L V8 & Magnetic Ride Control). The 15% off came to a significant discount off of MSRP (between $10,500 & $12K), but still came out to much MORE than he was willing to spend.

I received an email flyer from the Chevy dealer (the same dealer from whom I purchased my 2011 and 2013 Silverados). New 2018 Silverado Crew Cab 1500, LT, Texas Edition (nicely equipped), MSRP $48k advertised price $30k. I went down and looked at it, that was the unit with the 6 speed automatic. There was one incentive that I did not qualify for, my final price would have been about $31k. Making the discount work out to about 35%. Which kind of dwarfs your %15 number.
    henryn said:

qbrozen said:

Are we talking list price, or street price? A $50k window sticker truck can be had for around $37k right now. And, interestingly enough, the $65k model that you would then expect to be discounted to $50k does not receive near as much of a discount. Probably a lack of factory incentives, due to not as many sold, the supposition that only a rich person would buy it, and those rich people aren't driven by price?

If you're expecting the same 25% off MSRP when you go upmarket, and look at trucks with a window sticker in the $60k to $65k range, you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Sorry, yes, $50k msrp. My $48k truck was discounted to about $40k, IIRC, and was worth $32k almost immediately. Not that it matters to me since it is a lease.

xwesx said:

Think diesel.....!

Missed this post the first time around. I don't find the current crop of diesel pickup trucks very appealing. Everything I've read makes me think they are not really intended for hauling or towing. I owned a 2000 F250 with the 7.3L diesel, and really liked the truck. It was too big for everyday use, but it was just the ticket for pulling my 10,000 lb fifth wheel travel trailer. These new 1/2 ton diesels (Dodge, and more recently Ford) seem to be only good for one thing, fuel mileage. And with the small (very small!) number of miles I drive these days, fuel economy is just not on my list of concerns.

And there seems to be a very steep surcharge for the diesel engine, emphasized by the way the dealers (or the factory?) only seem to order up the diesel engine in the very top-of-the-line (read most expensive) models.

I will admit, when I'm tire kicking at a used car lot and run across a late model F250 Lariat, loaded out with diesel and everything but the kitchen sink -- yes, I'm tempted. I walk around it, and think how much I would enjoy taking it out on the road. But then I wake up and remember that it would NOT fit in the parking garage downtown. No way, no how. Add in how these late model diesels have EGR systems that do not like a lot of short trips, and no, it isn't going to happen.

Diesel engines are great, but when they break, they break BIG TIME. Ford has had its fair share of problems with their various diesels.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,433
    funny thing, but near me (I walk past both on my normal dog walking routes) are 2 Dodge Ram Eco diesels. And both are white, and lower trim levels (one in my neighborhood even has the black plastic "hey everyone, look how cheap I am!" Grille. B)

Not sure if the other one is the same, but definitely not an upper trim level model.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

perfect. an even swap for the Audi!

Kismet.

stickguy said:

funny thing, but near me (I walk past both on my normal dog walking routes) are 2 Dodge Ram Eco diesels. And both are white, and lower trim levels (one in my neighborhood even has the black plastic "hey everyone, look how cheap I am!" Grille. B)

Not sure if the other one is the same, but definitely not an upper trim level model.

I forget, what part of the world are you in? It doesn't show on your posts or your profile. I can assure you there are no lower trim level Eco Diesels here in this part of the world (Houston, TX). Probably because the dealers don't stock them. If you walk the lot, or just browse the online inventories, you will see very few, and the ones you do see are very expensive models.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    henryn said:

stickguy said:

I forget, what part of the world are you in? It doesn't show on your posts or your profile. I can assure you there are no lower trim level Eco Diesels here in this part of the world (Houston, TX). Probably because the dealers don't stock them. If you walk the lot, or just browse the online inventories, you will see very few, and the ones you do see are very expensive models.
    I think that in TX, optioned up pickups (or full sized SUVs) are preferred over luxury cars.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Yeah. Cowboy Cadillacs. 
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    corvette said:

Yeah. Cowboy Cadillacs. 

It's the same here in Colorado. I live at the edge of the metro area, so there are a number of ranches not too far away. Big dually pickups are the thing to tow horse trailers, RV's and the like.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I'm in NJ. Down near Philadelphia. No clue how easy it is to find cheaper PU models at dealers. Still see plenty of trucks around, but probably not as prevalent as down in Texas. No room to park the darned things up here!

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,698
    What are auction/trade values looking like for something like...

A 2017 Prius Prime Advance
    Let’s say 10k miles

or...

2017 Chevy Volt Premium
    same miles at 10k

I have a theory...

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

edited June 2018
    Right about $26k each at the block. The Volts seem to be maybe $200-$300 more.

My theory is that you'll dump either one before the end of summer.

qbrozen said:
    Right about $26k each at the block. The Volts seem to be maybe $200-$300 more.

My theory is that you'll dump either one before the end of summer.
     ;) 

Thanks Q.  

Since we’re thinking of replacing the i3 with something with more range, we figure we can take advantage of the tax incentives on the EVs and PHEVs and get into something with a low cost of ownership (however short that may be, admittedly).  

$30-32k for a Prius Prime, $35k for a Clarity and probably a little more for a Volt.  

Clarity and Volt get the full $7,500 federal incentive, and the Prius Prime gets $4,500.  Colorado adds another $5,000 for any of the options.  

Obviously can’t predict the future, but based on those values for one year old Prius Primes and Volts, could be a decent proposition.  Not like the VW TDI deal, but still.   :)

That’s a really nice state incentive. None in my state.  :'(
    I think the Colorado incentive is the highest of all states.  The way I turn cars, figured I could take advantage of it, particularly since we’re liking the EV experience anyway.

edited June 2018
    breld said:
    Thanks Q.  

Since we’re thinking of replacing the i3 with something with more range, we figure we can take advantage of the tax incentives on the EVs and PHEVs and get into something with a low cost of ownership (however short that may be, admittedly).  

$30-32k for a Prius Prime, $35k for a Clarity and probably a little more for a Volt.  

Clarity and Volt get the full $7,500 federal incentive, and the Prius Prime gets $4,500.  Colorado adds another $5,000 for any of the options.  

Obviously can’t predict the future, but based on those values for one year old Prius Primes and Volts, could be a decent proposition.  Not like the VW TDI deal, but still.   :)
    In NJ, I'm seeing $32k for the PP and $35k each for the Clarity or Volt. So, really, all are the same figuring the tax difference. It is quite interesting for you, certainly, if you get $12,500 back. That's maybe $25k net after taxes and fees, then drive for a year and trade it for about that, if not a little more.

Personally, the looks alone would keep me away from the Toyota.

Thanks for the feedback Q - that's what the wife and I were thinking.

The Prius is odd to say the least, but I have to admit, there's something about its "in-your-face" quirkiness that I find a little appealing.

But the additional practicality of the roominess and extended EV range of the Clarity has it in the lead for now.