Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

F150 4x4 with 4.6 triton Hesitating when I try to keep a steady speed its the only time it does it.

imaeaglesfanimaeaglesfan Member Posts: 3
edited June 2018 in Ford
I have a 2003 F150 4x4 automatic with the lariat package with the triton 4.6 with 127000 miles it just started to hesitate when I try to hold a steady speed I changed fuel filter and fuel pump and it still doing it.Anyone have any Ideas. Please I'm in need of help as a mechanic could not find anything wrong.Thinking its my tranny slipping but would like other opinions before I take it to AAMCO.
Tagged:

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Are you talking about a "bucking" sensation, like a misfire, or more like a "dead pedal"?
  • imaeaglesfanimaeaglesfan Member Posts: 3
    bucking sensation, or a misfire is more like it
  • jvandeventer1jvandeventer1 Member Posts: 3
    TPS throttle position sensor sounds like
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Could be a torque converter issue---this is very difficult to distinguish from an engine misfire, and if there are no misfire codes, and the issue is only at highway speeds in high gear, then you have to consider the torque converter as a possibility.
  • 0patience0patience Member Posts: 1,712
    Any fault codes?
    Check engine light on?
    When was the last time the fuel filter was replaced?
    Could be a lot of things and all of them would be a guess.
    Crank/cam sensor, fuel pump, TPS, trans problems or even transfer case problems can all cause similar symptoms.
    Information may help narrow it down.
  • jeremybradfordjeremybradford Member Posts: 2
    could be a camshaft position sensor. wont throw a code and could cause your hesitation issue at a constant speed.