Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Jeep Wrangler Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• acd8487acd8487 Member Posts: 5
    Last one I swear!

Residual on JL 4dr Sport S 36/10k in 28202.

Thanks again.
  • garettseebagarettseeba Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2018
    Planning to lease a 2018 JL unlimited sport S with a soft top. Will
    Use Chrysler capital. My credit is Tier 1. Plan for 12k or 15k per year and either 36 or 39 month term. What would money factor and residual be? Houston Texas 77578.

Currently ending a 2015 lease 36/10k and went over miles by 6,000 and $450 in damage so will pay for that to the tune of $1950. I had never leased before so I would like some input on how to get the best deal. My payment was $494 a month with $1200 down I think I got ripped by a shady dealership so I will be going to a different one this time.

Would I be better off leasing a sport instead of a sport S? In terms of residual?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    acd8487 said:

Last one I swear!

Residual on JL 4dr Sport S 36/10k in 28202.

Thanks again.

74%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Planning to lease a 2018 JL unlimited sport S with a soft top. Will
    Use Chrysler capital. My credit is Tier 1. Plan for 12k or 15k per year and either 36 or 39 month term. What would money factor and residual be? Houston Texas 77578.

Currently ending a 2015 lease 36/10k and went over miles by 6,000 and $450 in damage so will pay for that to the tune of $1950. I had never leased before so I would like some input on how to get the best deal. My payment was $494 a month with $1200 down I think I got ripped by a shady dealership so I will be going to a different one this time.

Would I be better off leasing a sport instead of a sport S? In terms of residual?

Standard MF and 71%/70% residual for 36/39 mo, 15K/yr
    Add 2% to residual for 12K/yr

The Sport residual is 2% higher

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2018
    Thanks is the standard money factor 0.001741 (4.18%) I see listed on the dealer site for Chrysler capital. Also is the MSRP on the sticker the invoice price and if not how do I determine invoice?

Based on sport residual being 2% higher it should be a slightly cheaper lease correct?

Thanks is the standard money factor 0.001741 (4.18%) I see listed on the dealer site for Chrysler capital. Also is the MSRP on the sticker the invoice price and if not how do I determine invoice?

Based on sport residual being 2% higher it should be a slightly cheaper lease correct?

We don't know the Standard MF, this month.

Most likely the Sport will have a lower payment, all else being equal.

MSRP is MSRP. What "invoice" price are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Everyone posting they are getting 1-5% below invoice pricing when negotiating so curious how they are getting the number 

Everyone posting they are getting 1-5% below invoice pricing when negotiating so curious how they are getting the number 

Click on New Cars, at the top of the page to access Edmunds price tools.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited June 2018
    One other question just spent like 5 hrs at dealer. The offer is $524 per month no money down except first payment. 13k miles per year 48 month lease. Residual is 78% APR IS 9.750 with ally bank. I have tier 1 credit am I correct in  detecting this is a total rip??  Chrysler capital was 0.00498 MF with residual 64% so 11.952 apr. both are crazy high aren’t they?

i have about 2k negative equity in my current 3 year 10k per mile wrangler lease
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,118

One other question just spent like 5 hrs at dealer. The offer is $524 per month no money down except first payment. 13k miles per year 48 month lease. Residual is 78% APR IS 9.750 with ally bank. I have tier 1 credit am I correct in  detecting this is a total rip??  Chrysler capital was 0.00498 MF with residual 64% so 11.952 apr. both are crazy high aren’t they?

i have about 2k negative equity in my current 3 year 10k per mile wrangler lease

The negative equity will add $60-70/mo to the new lease.

Ally Bank generally has a high MF but decent sized incentives (and, as you see, a high residual) to offset it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited June 2018
    So what do you think of the offer. I’m heavily contemplating just buying my current lease - 2015 unlimited sport. I can get 25k at 2.69% from credit union which puts the payment at $445 for 60 months.

In Texas I believe I have already paid taxes on the full amount Of the vehicle for a lease correct? I read that Texas is specifically unique in this regard for leasing and as a result less favorable in all situation except buying out your lease. 

So what do you think of the offer. I’m heavily contemplating just buying my current lease - 2015 unlimited sport. I can get 25k at 2.69% from credit union which puts the payment at $445 for 60 months.

In Texas I believe I have already paid taxes on the full amount Of the vehicle for a lease correct? I read that Texas is specifically unique in this regard for leasing and as a result less favorable in all situation except buying out your lease. 

That is correct, though I don't know if you'd have to pay tax again when you buy the lease out.

Check with your state Department of Revenue to see what the deal is.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited June 2018
    It’s a very convoluted answer online that is provided  I think I will just go for it and see what happens.

http://www.co.walker.tx.us/egov/documents/1287765292_958679.pdf

Lease payments are not taxed in Texas. The lessor pays 6.25 percent motor vehicle sales tax when the vehicle is purchased and titled in Texas. The taxable value of private-party purchases of leased (used) motor vehicles may be based on 80 percent of the SPV

i checked my paperwork and I definitely paid 6.25% on the entire value. So I wonder how I get credit for this and if it’s even possible to prove.

https://www.leaseguide.com/articles/texas-auto-lease/

Even though the tax actually comes out of customers’ pockets, customers are not credited with having paid the tax. From the perspective of the state, the tax is being paid by the lessor – the lease company – not the customer,

Texas state laws consider the sale of a vehicle by a lease company at lease-end to be a separate sale, although a special one, and the lessee is not charged sales tax again if the correct amount of tax was paid originally at the beginning of the lease.
    "Texas state laws consider the sale of a vehicle by a lease company at lease-end to be a separate sale, although a special one, and the lessee is not charged sales tax again if the correct amount of tax was paid originally at the beginning of the lease."

That part seems pretty straightforward

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kacper244kacper244 Member Posts: 11
    I'm trying to compare the residual numbers for June between the 2-door vs 4-door Wrangler JL Sport vs Sport S. 36 month lease with 10k miles a year.

To make it easier:
    2-door Sport=
    2-door Sport S=
    4-door Sport=
    4-door Sport S=

Thank you!
    kacper244 said:

I'm trying to compare the residual numbers for June between the 2-door vs 4-door Wrangler JL Sport vs Sport S. 36 month lease with 10k miles a year.

To make it easier:
    2-door Sport=
    2-door Sport S=
    4-door Sport=
    4-door Sport S=

Thank you!

Standard MF and ….

2-door Sport= 67%
    2-door Sport S= 67%
    4-door Sport= 76%
    4-door Sport S= 74%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• autoalautoal Member Posts: 24
    Hi,

Can you please provide the MF and Res for a Sahara JLU for 36/39 month lease with 12K in miles per year for zip code 10514? Any incentives such as brand loyalty?

Thanks,

Al
    autoal said:

Hi,

Can you please provide the MF and Res for a Sahara JLU for 36/39 month lease with 12K in miles per year for zip code 10514? Any incentives such as brand loyalty?

Thanks,

Al

Standard MF and 68%/67% residual for 36/39 months

No info on loyalty, etc.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• badaxe5210badaxe5210 Member Posts: 23
    Hey kyfdx and Michaell, can I please get a double check on a 36/12 for 18’ JLU Rubi in 60404. 

Hey kyfdx and Michaell, can I please get a double check on a 36/12 for 18’ JLU Rubi in 60404. 

Standard MF and 68% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• absame63absame63 Member Posts: 3
    Can you provide the mf and residual for a JLU Sport S, 36/10 and 39/10? And what is the standard MF? Being told it's now higher? I live in NY, dealer in VA, if that matters. Thanks!
    absame63 said:

Can you provide the mf and residual for a JLU Sport S, 36/10 and 39/10? And what is the standard MF? Being told it's now higher? I live in NY, dealer in VA, if that matters. Thanks!

Standard MF and 74%/73% residual

We don't know the standard MF, this month.
    Last month, it was .00193

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• shahg03shahg03 Member Posts: 13
    I was looking at a jeep wrangler sports s, NEW body style. what is the rd for a 39 month 12k and 15k lease. last time I asked it was a on 36 month deal. the zip code is 11365. thank you
    shahg03 said:

I was looking at a jeep wrangler sports s, NEW body style. what is the rd for a 39 month 12k and 15k lease. last time I asked it was a on 36 month deal. the zip code is 11365. thank you

Standard MF and 72%/70% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jackjack95jackjack95 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    Hello! I have been quoted this for a JL Sport S Unlimited in 80202. I wanted to get your thoughts.

MSRP: 38345
    MF: .003541 (this seems insane to me but maybe I am missing something)
    Selling Price: 36392
    Residual: 73%
    Doc Fee: 499
    Acquisition: 795
    Taxes: 1859

Payment: 438.51

The quote is for 42 months- I specified 36. Would there be any major changes between the two? My credit is 740+ ... surely I should be able to get a better MF, correct?

Thank you so much!!!!!

Jack D.
  • cyanide_addictcyanide_addict Member Posts: 2
    Could you please provide the MF and residual with tier 1 credit for a 2018 JLU Rubicon/Sahara/Sport S on 36/10 and 48/10 leases in 77027.
  • bww2000bww2000 Member Posts: 53
    Hello! I have been quoted this for a JL Sport S Unlimited in 80202. I wanted to get your thoughts. MSRP: 38345 MF: .003541 (this seems insane to me but maybe I am missing something) Selling Price: 36392 Residual: 73% Doc Fee: 499 Acquisition: 795 Taxes: 1859 Payment: 438.51 The quote is for 42 months- I specified 36. Would there be any major changes between the two? My credit is 740+ ... surely I should be able to get a better MF, correct? Thank you so much!!!!! Jack D.

Can I beat the moderators to the response? ... run from that dealer. 
    edited June 2018

Hello! I have been quoted this for a JL Sport S Unlimited in 80202. I wanted to get your thoughts.

MSRP: 38345
    MF: .003541 (this seems insane to me but maybe I am missing something)
    Selling Price: 36392
    Residual: 73%
    Doc Fee: 499
    Acquisition: 795
    Taxes: 1859

Payment: 438.51

The quote is for 42 months- I specified 36. Would there be any major changes between the two? My credit is 740+ ... surely I should be able to get a better MF, correct?

Thank you so much!!!!!

Jack D.

Depends on what bank the dealer is using.

How much is due at signing with that quote?

73% is an insanely high residual for 42 months, which sort of explains the high MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Could you please provide the MF and residual with tier 1 credit for a 2018 JLU Rubicon/Sahara/Sport S on 36/10 and 48/10 leases in 77027.

Standard MF
    Rubicon: 69%/66% residual
    Sahara: 67%/64% residual
    Sport S: 74%/70% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dawindoodawindoo Member Posts: 7
    Would appreciate your feedback on the following numbers. This is for a 39 month lease on an unlimited Sahara. $3403.81 down which represents the 1st month payments, taxes and fees. Monthly cost would be 433.96

dawindoo said:

Would appreciate your feedback on the following numbers. This is for a 39 month lease on an unlimited Sahara. $3403.81 down which represents the 1st month payments, taxes and fees. Monthly cost would be 433.96

What is the selling price and/or adjusted cap cost?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• dawindoodawindoo Member Posts: 7
    Michaell said:
    Selling price is $42,490.00
    dawindoo said:

Michaell said:

dawindoo said:

Selling price is $42,490.00

Is the $995 for an acquisition fee? Do you know which bank?

With Chrysler Capital lease program, I estimate about $470/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jarbljarbl Member Posts: 30

MSRP: 43,705 . Sale Price: 41,569

The payments seem really high on this page, but I'm not sure. I am in AZ so tax is added to the payment. RV and MF seem OK. Am I missing something?
    jarbl said:

MSRP: 43,705 . Sale Price: 41,569

The payments seem really high on this page, but I'm not sure. I am in AZ so tax is added to the payment. RV and MF seem OK. Am I missing something?

On 36 months, I get $421/mo.+tax

The number you need is the adjusted CAP cost.
    And, an itemization of how they got to that number from the selling price.
    And, the pre-tax payment, so you can check the calculations.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ravgillravgill Member Posts: 3
    What would be residual for rubicon JLU for 36 months and 10k/year for zip 92236 ? 

Also, do we know the MF for this month and I know for last month it was .00193 ? 

What kind of discout should I expect off MSRP ?

thank you much for your help. 
    ravgill said:

What would be residual for rubicon JLU for 36 months and 10k/year for zip 92236 ? 

Also, do we know the MF for this month and I know for last month it was .00193 ? 

What kind of discout should I expect off MSRP ?

thank you much for your help. 

69% residual

The only deal I've seen reported had the MF at .00208. No idea if that's actually it, though.

No pricing info.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• badger98badger98 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for the residuals and MF for Sport S, Sahara, and Rubicon. My zip code is 54915. I keep getting high quotes on the Sahara and would like to see if other models are a better choice. 
    badger98 said:

I am looking for the residuals and MF for Sport S, Sahara, and Rubicon. My zip code is 54915. I keep getting high quotes on the Sahara and would like to see if other models are a better choice. 

2-door or Unlimited?
    JK or JL?

Almost every trim has better numbers than the Sahara, especially Sport or Sport S.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I’m sorry. Unlimited JL. Thanks
    kyfdx said:
    2-door or Unlimited? JK or JL? Almost every trim has better numbers than the Sahara, especially Sport or Sport S.
    badger98 said:

kyfdx said:

badger98 said:

2-door or Unlimited?
    JK or JL?

Almost every trim has better numbers than the Sahara, especially Sport or Sport S.

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    kyfdx said:
    2-door or Unlimited? JK or JL? Almost every trim has better numbers than the Sahara, especially Sport or Sport S.
    I promise I will get this eventually. I am looking for the residuals and MF for Sport S, Sahara, and Rubicon Unlimited JL for a 36 month 12,000 miles per year lease. My zip code is 54915.  Thanks
    badger98 said:

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

2-door or Unlimited?
    JK or JL?

I promise I will get this eventually. I am looking for the residuals and MF for Sport S, Sahara, and Rubicon Unlimited JL for a 36 month 12,000 miles per year lease. My zip code is 54915.  Thanks

Standard MF
    73%/66%/68% residual, respectively

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kmstiverskmstivers Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2018
    Lease Offer I have received on a 2018 Sahara JL Unlimited. How’s this sound? I’m in Ohio if that matters. 

MSRP: $47,615
    Sale Price: $43,843
    MF: .00214

42 months
    15K per year
    63% Residual ($29,997.45)

$0 down - not even first payment due

$542.92 per month
    kmstivers said:

Lease Offer I have received on a 2018 Sahara JL Unlimited. How’s this sound? I’m in Ohio if that matters. 

42 months
    15K per year

$542.92 per month

I show 62% residual for Chrysler Capital.
    Do you know what bank?

With tax, fees and first payment rolled in, that number looks about right.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kmstiverskmstivers Member Posts: 14
    kyfdx said:

42 months
    15K per year

$542.92 per month
    I show 62% residual for Chrysler Capital. Do you know what bank? With tax, fees and first payment rolled in, that number looks about right.
    US Bank
  • kingjames2kingjames2 Member Posts: 1
    Inquiring about residual value and mf in zip code 92128. 36 month lease $15,000 miles

4dr Wrangler JL Sport S
    4dr Wrangler JK Sport

Thanks

Inquiring about residual value and mf in zip code 92128. 36 month lease $15,000 miles

4dr Wrangler JL Sport S
    4dr Wrangler JK Sport

Thanks

Standard MF and 71% (JL Sport S) or 69% (JK Sport)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

kmstivers said:

kyfdx said:

kmstivers said:

42 months
    15K per year

$542.92 per month

I show 62% residual for Chrysler Capital.
    Do you know what bank?

With tax, fees and first payment rolled in, that number looks about right.

US Bank

The payment calculations match up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator