Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• alexriveraalexrivera Member Posts: 18
    edited June 2018
    Got a sale price of 26,061.00 for a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0 with an OTD price of 29,152.64 in NJ.  How does deal look.  No accessories or add on’s.  Going to try to squeeze them for all season mats and trunk try tray for same price.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    edited June 2018
    true sell price = base sell price (26061) + doc fee (???)
    what is the doc fee?

3100 difference between base sell price and otd price -- gotta be something else in there (besides tax)

Even with a 799 doc fee, you are well under (~1800) the invoice price of 28.6k
  • ecoaster1ecoaster1 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2018
    I have the following quote on an Accord EX (all these INCLUDE destination):

Sticker: 28,365
    Invoice: 26,025
    Current Best Quote: 24,800

1. I can probably still do a little better and will try, but at what point do you decide enough is enough?

2. Ideally, I would get the car from one of the closest dealerships because it would be much more convenient for service and dealing with any problems. Do people really get preferred treatment and better help from a dealership if you bought the car there? That may be worth something to me, rather than driving 45 minutes away to save a few hundred bucks on the initial sale.

3. What other things can I try to negotiate at the end? Oil changes, other accessories?

Just looking for general advice on wrapping this up as the month ends next week.

edited June 2018
    I am trying to work it out.  I made a mistake the Sale price was from a different dealer than the OTD price. They both are DCH auto group
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited June 2018
    ecoaster1 said:

I have the following quote on an Accord EX (all these INCLUDE destination):

Sticker: 28,365
    Invoice: 26,025
    Current Best Quote: 24,800

1. I can probably still do a little better and will try, but at what point do you decide enough is enough?

2. Ideally, I would get the car from one of the closest dealerships because it would be much more convenient for service and dealing with any problems. Do people really get preferred treatment and better help from a dealership if you bought the car there? That may be worth something to me, rather than driving 45 minutes away to save a few hundred bucks on the initial sale.

3. What other things can I try to negotiate at the end? Oil changes, other accessories?

Just looking for general advice on wrapping this up as the month ends next week.

Since your not negotiating at the very end of the month make your best deal now. Saving another $300 is not worth a long commute for dealer service or oil changes. Any Honda dealer will service your vehicle thou.

I would use further NJ dealers better prices to leverage a lower price from closer/ local dealers. If price cant be matched let dealer compensate difference with free oil changes, and or added Accessories ( Mud guards, weather mats, trunk mat, etc ). It should be a slam dunk telling all local dealers Internet managers ....... I'm buying today match or beat other dealers price, I buy Today or lose my business to X ...Y & Z... dealerships. make sure you name each dealership to your local.

Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

@john4545

John if your willing to drive over to DCH Academy in NJ which is closer to Staten Island, NY,

Take one of DCH's Sport models off lot you will make same deal if not better if you Wait till next week, FRI or SAT. Be prepared and ready to buy on that day.

Here is the only contract person you talk with @DCH Honda ........... Nobody else!! If she is busy next Friday leave message your are buying a sport model today. Int. Mgr. Jennifer. C.

Do the same with rest of contract Mgrs. I gave you ............................Good luck

• ecoaster1ecoaster1 Member Posts: 3
    brian125 said:

Since your not negotiating at the very end of the month make your best deal now. Saving another $300 is not worth a long commute for dealer service or oil changes. Any Honda dealer will service your vehicle thou.

Do you think trying to finalize Tues/Wed (26th/27th) would really be significantly different than on the actual last weekday of the month (Fri, 29th)?

edited June 2018
    ecoaster1 said:

brian125 said:

Do you think trying to finalize Tues/Wed (26th/27th) would really be significantly different than on the actual last weekday of the month (Fri, 29th)?

hope this helps you .

I would never be buying Tue or Wed for the reasons I posted . Doesn't mean your wrong, and yes you may only make a deal a few dollars better by waiting till Sat. Every month nets different results in pricing . With 45 years of experience doing this . I play the odds , it always worked for me . I'm a firm believer in last days/ day of the month & ending sales quarter buying. Its your best chance and leverage making the lowest possible deal with the right dealers. Buying at months end avoids a lot of dealer BS & game playing. If at the end of the month you cant do better than last weeks deal, then rest assure you have made the best possible deal in your area, NJ for JUNE .

Make a list, line up 15 - 20 Honda dealers using emails and calls to negotiate pricing . One of my ranting buying secrets over the years with auto buying is , direct calls to each stores MGR.... One on One negotiating on the phone, credit card in hand. I can go threw 10 dealerships on the phone in 15 minutes sitting right in my house negotiating a price , or strike a deal within minutes. Dealers that sell cars & good Int / mgrs will entertain offers made to the dealership, or counter your offer with here is the best we could do...... take it or leave it. That's what your looking to accomplish by phone negotiations . Emailing back and forth is very effective also but not like a phone negotiation .

Last day of June is Sat, 30th and end of the 2nd quarter for sales. If your not willing to line up 15- 25 NY/ NY dealers and see how much more you may save...... you still have a good deal on the table......... buy it...tue/ wed

• Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    brian125 said:

ecoaster1 said:

brian125 said:

hope this helps you .

I would never be buying Tue or Wed for the reasons I posted . Doesn't mean your wrong, and yes you may only make a deal a few dollars better by waiting till Sat. Every month nets different results in pricing . With 45 years of experience doing this . I play the odds , it always worked for me . I'm a firm believer in last days/ day of the month & ending sales quarter buying. Its your best chance and leverage making the lowest possible deal with the right dealers. Buying at months end avoids a lot of dealer BS & game playing. If at the end of the month you cant do better than last weeks deal, then rest assure you have made the best possible deal in your area, NJ for JUNE .

Make a list, line up 15 - 20 Honda dealers using emails and calls to negotiate pricing . One of my ranting buying secrets over the years with auto buying is , direct calls to each stores MGR.... One on One negotiating on the phone, credit card in hand. I can go threw 10 dealerships on the phone in 15 minutes sitting right in my house negotiating a price , or strike a deal within minutes. Dealers that sell cars & good Int / mgrs will entertain offers made to the dealership, or counter your offer with here is the best we could do...... take it or leave it. That's what your looking to accomplish by phone negotiations . Emailing back and forth is very effective also but not like a phone negotiation .

Last day of June is Sat, 30th and end of the 2nd quarter for sales. If your not willing to line up 15- 25 NY/ NY dealers and see how much more you may save...... you still have a good deal on the table......... buy it...tue/ wed
    My biggest issue with calling a ton of managers is that you are letting them know you are ready to buy and giving up your phone number which opens you up to a deluge of return sales calls. I prefer to get a feel of how reputable a dealer is from their email responses and I only divulge my phone number when we are close to a deal, Most dealers are not your friend and will try and make your life miserable enough that you say screw it and give in to them
    edited June 2018
    Good points jersey. there's no right or wrong way, its what works best for you. Again my negotiations takes place on the last days I'm not leaving a phone number so when I hang up each mgr. gave me there final price, a counter, or said no. Its now my decision what offer I accept

• john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136
    edited June 2018
    Here's my update on a Accord sport with dealers in NJ ,DE, and PA..

Thank-you @Brian125 for your time , very helpful. I called dch Honda and Christine will be in Monday. The int . dept. had another mgr speak with me from sales . He said above deal & price mentioned in above posting would be applied to any sport model on there lot . I said ok I'll be in touch with Christine this week to decide. I'm working on dealers in PA and DE that's where I want to buy . I was told that the price offered in NJ @dch would be matched if I bought yesterday by 3 dealerships . So im figuring I can nail down another couple hundred maybe more next week .
    @Jerseydevil01 seems like dealers have more wiggle room on the price right now . maybe its just overstock , or maybe there is a flex type cash incentive for financing buyers again! Has any dealership confirmed that with you? I spoke to several dealerships yesterday who have lowered there pricing from last month $300 to almost 500. I'm fine with pricing that gets me close to 2000 below invoice. keep you guys posted.
    @michaell do you know if Honda has given a flex cash incentive outside off the standard incentives posted online that end soon.?
    @brian125, @bluemkn57cars

Can I have any thoughts you may have on my post, or any new info on pricing and possible flex cash.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,145
    john4545 said:

@michaell do you know if Honda has given a flex cash incentive outside off the standard incentives posted online that end soon.?

No info on Accord incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

john4545 said:

Here's my update on a Accord sport with dealers in NJ ,DE, and PA..

Thank-you @Brian125 for your time , very helpful. I called dch Honda and Christine will be in Monday. The int . dept. had another mgr speak with me from sales . He said above deal & price mentioned in above posting would be applied to any sport model on there lot . I said ok I'll be in touch with Christine this week to decide. I'm working on dealers in PA and DE that's where I want to buy . I was told that the price offered in NJ @dch would be matched if I bought yesterday by 3 dealerships . So im figuring I can nail down another couple hundred maybe more next week .
    @Jerseydevil01 seems like dealers have more wiggle room on the price right now . maybe its just overstock , or maybe there is a flex type cash incentive for financing buyers again! Has any dealership confirmed that with you? I spoke to several dealerships yesterday who have lowered there pricing from last month $300 to almost 500. I'm fine with pricing that gets me close to 2000 below invoice. keep you guys posted.

@john4545 No dealer has confirmed that there is fex going on but I have an inquiry out about that. The prices I am getting from Pa and DE are not good at all but it seems that NJ dealers have gotten better. I saw the deal above at DCH and their price probably would put me also near my sweet spot,only problem is that NJ doc fees can go up to 500 and I think De's are around 300, much higher than in Pa where it is around 150. Also NJ dealers are known to have a ton of add ons which could add up to over a 1000 more which blows up the deal for me. I have also noticed that it seems honda is shuffling thier stock around and and cars that are listed on dealers sites are not always there. I would very much appreciate it if you keep me in mind if you find a descent deal, I would drive up to DCH, it looks to be just off the GSP. Thanks
    edited June 2018
    DCH Honda is a hike for me and I could get my best deal in MD which I have not ruled out yet! DCH said they have plenty of my sport models with no added accessories. So that's good. Jersey you should Email there dealer site tomm. or call them , as I posted Christine the internet mgr is back Monday. Ask Inquire about your model. when emailing put in the content that 2k below or more after there outrageous paper work fee is deducted would get you down to buy. Im fine with price at around 2k under , but not with a 499 doc fee. Like some of the experts have posted in this forum ,If we wait another month or two pricing will be even better .
    john4545 said:

DCH Honda is a hike for me and I could get my best deal in MD which I have not ruled out yet! DCH said they have plenty of my sport models with no added accessories. So that's good. Jersey you should Email there dealer site tomm. or call them , as I posted Christine the internet mgr is back Monday. Ask Inquire about your model. when emailing put in the content that 2k below or more after there outrageous paper work fee is deducted would get you down to buy. Im fine with price at around 2k under . like some of the experts have posted in this forum ,If we wait another month or two pricing will be even better .

I just checked and there are 3 DCH in nj in old bridge, paramus and eatontown. Which one did you talk to? I am willing to wait till next month or a bit longer, last year Honda "summerbration" sales promotion started july 17 till sept 4 so prices should get better and I hope they still have my choice of color

john4545 said:

DCH Honda is a hike for me and I could get my best deal in MD which I have not ruled out yet! DCH said they have plenty of my sport models with no added accessories. So that's good. Jersey you should Email there dealer site tomm. or call them , as I posted Christine the internet mgr is back Monday. Ask Inquire about your model. when emailing put in the content that 2k below or more after there outrageous paper work fee is deducted would get you down to buy. Im fine with price at around 2k under . like some of the experts have posted in this forum ,If we wait another month or two pricing will be even better .

I just checked and there are 3 DCH in nj in old bridge, paramus and eatontown. Which one did you talk to? I am willing to wait till next month or a bit longer, last year Honda "summerbration" sales promotion started july 17 till sept 4 so prices should get better and I hope they still have my choice of color
    You waited this long for pricing to get to this point. My suggestion to you NJ is wait till after July 9th, better Honda incentives may be posted with possible flex cash coming back for financing thru Honda . I have been saying for months now by July / Aug. Honda will start dumping Accords. If you have been following this accord board pricing has now entered a $1400 to almost 2k below invoice price mark . The next pricing phase will jump up 500 or so from lowest to highest and probably more in states like MA, MD. VA, CA.

The DCH Honda family in NJ are good dealerships. There doc fees are $399 unless they went up recently . They have hundreds of vehicles scattered thru there lots.

Wait.... @jerseydevil01.......... wait unless a dealer gives in this month

@john4545........ I will place some calls for you next week. I sift thru dealer pricing and BS in minutes.

john4545 said:

Old-Bridge NJ
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    john4545 said:
    @brian125, @bluemkn57cars Can I have any thoughts you may have on my post, or any new info on pricing and possible flex cash.
    I have not heard anything about dealers offering flex cash this month. Since the end of Q2 is coming up, some dealers might be more flexible with pricing to move cars off their lot. 
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    @john4545 - If you can make a deal at the end of this month that will put you close to $2k below invoice without high doc fees, you may want to jump on it. As you have seeing, researching pricing and trying to get the lowest price possible takes time and sometimes sifting through dealer BS. 

I am probably not going to buy an Accord anytime soon. The more I see the new Accord in person, the more I hate the front and back end. I will keep an eye out on pricing and incentives in MA for folks over the next couple of months. 

Good luck and keep us posted.
    For anyone looking to buy a Touring 2.0T in MA, best pricing that has been reported is $31.6k (without negotiating) with $400 in doc fees. That is $2k below invoice for a $37k car. Not bad, but I still think there is room for some $$ off.

If you use some of @brian125 end of month tactics, you may be able to knock off up to $500 the last 2 days. It all depends on what dealership and internet manager is looking to meet their end of quarter goals.

My only word of advice is to stay away from Prime Honda in West Roxbury. 5 years ago, they did a bait and switch on me, thinking I was going to settle on a color combo that was not my 1st choice. So please spread the word to friends, family members, co-workers looking to buy a Honda. I told myself I will let everyone know to stay away from that dealership. 
    let the fun begin next week :'(

brian125 said:

Maybe for you . Let me get 2 or 3 new car purchases under my belt before I bang my chest lol

Blue, I could of made a really good deal on a Camry 2 months ago using the tactics and buying tips from u and others in here, they really work. Buying a Toyota Camry was no challenge most dealerships gave a good price begging me to take one. dealerships I walked into were hungry. Honda dealerships are a different animal, more of a challenge . Many Honda dealerships think were all stupid not informed. I learned my lesson trying to walk into honda dealerships and get a good price, wasted hours of time. I learned my lesson fast,

Good luck to all buyers
    Does anyone have any opinions on the CVT transmission yet? My next accord will be my first CVT and would like to know what to expect
    brian125 said:

Congrats on 5000 posts, now if I could get 5000 off MSRP
  • dccarbuyer2dccarbuyer2 Member Posts: 13
    Anyone here in the market for an Accord Hybrid? It seems like dealers are holding the prices a bit higher on Hybrids. I have not see any indication of sales below invoice.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728

Does anyone have any opinions on the CVT transmission yet? My next accord will be my first CVT and would like to know what to expect

excellent owners forum with a useful search function:

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/241-10th-generation/496657-too-many-quality-issues-2018-accord.html
  • bmalone3bmalone3 Member Posts: 7
    Sale Price $ 23,427.51
    Doc Fee $ 249.00
    Total License And Fees $ 203.00
    State & Local Taxes $ 1,520.49

Grad: $ 500.00

Total Price: $ 24,900.00

Lowest quote so far on an Accord Sport 1.5t in Houston. Car comes with tint, nitro refill, paint & fabric protection, and two years of free oil changes. Thoughts?

edited June 2018
    bmalone3 said:

Sale Price $ 23,427.51
    Doc Fee $ 249.00

Lowest quote so far on an Accord Sport 1.5t in Houston. Car comes with tint, nitro refill, paint & fabric protection, and two years of free oil changes. Thoughts?

The sale price is about $1k below invoice. So not a great deal given all the dealer add-ons. Find out the cost of the 'paint & fabric protection' and 'nitro refill'. Those seem like BS add-ons. What is the cost of the tint? $300? Are they throwing that in or charging you for it?

Honda oil changes cost about $50-60. So if you get one per year, that's about $120. How many "free" oil changes are you getting?

There is room for more $$ off.
    Honda Accord 2.0 sport
    doc & tire fee 506.50
    DMV fee 301.00
    tax 1,759.00
    OTD 28,628.10
    locks, 3m on doors, nitrous tires added no charge.
    DCH ACADEMY HONDA NJ

Honda Accord 2.0 sport
    doc & tire fee 506.50
    DMV fee 301.00
    tax 1,759.00
    OTD 28,628.10
    DCH ACADEMY HONDA NJ

Sounds like a great deal @ 2600 below invoice, did you pull the trigger ?

bmalone3 said:

Sale Price $ 23,427.51
    Doc Fee $ 249.00

The sale price is about $1k below invoice. So not a great deal given all the dealer add-ons. Find out the cost of the 'paint & fabric protection' and 'nitro refill'. Those seem like BS add-ons. What is the cost of the tint? $300? Are they throwing that in or charging you for it?

Honda oil changes cost about $50-60. So if you get one per year, that's about $120. How many "free" oil changes are you getting?

There is room for more $$ off.
    @bluemkn57cars Thanks for your input. I believe all add-ons, including tint, are factored into the price - or at least they better be. I will clarify though. I figure I'll drive 25,000 in the first two years which equals 5 oil changes if I'm going 5,000 miles between.

I agree that there is more room. This dealer has around 50 Sport 1.5's on the lot, with 10 of the black exterior I'm after. I have to think they're eager to move some before end of month...
    Yes I did sitting in my driveway!
    edited June 2018

Honda Accord 2.0 sport
    doc & tire fee 506.50
    DMV fee 301.00
    tax 1,759.00
    OTD 28,628.10
    DCH ACADEMY HONDA NJ

Congrats and good luck with your new Accord .
    I was offered a similar deal @DCH today for a sport model . I told DCH Honda that if I cant make a deal in my state I will buy the accord from them on Friday, The Int. manager and 2 sales people I worked with today at DCH were very nice and did not pressure me today. Told them I did not want to travel that far out of state but I will if pricing is not comparable in my state . who knows maybe they will lower there price to entice me ?
    with paying the DCH doc fee this is a 2000 below invoice price. like your deal was . I'm going to try to get same deal if not better with dealerships closer to me.

@alexrivera....................Way to go .......... Good job .

@john4545.....................Excellent work make sure you close strong.

@jerseydevil01..............not a fan of the CVT. Accord Cvt is one of the better ones.

@bluemkn57cars ...........not a fan of this new style Accord, or its ingress/ egress... to low

Went to the actual dealership that quoted me the 24, 900 over email to see the car and make sure 24,900 was a true OTD price. I talked to a different guy than who I was emailing so prices were messed up at first. 

Now my deal on the table looks something like this (ballpark):

Sale price 22987
    Doc fee 249
    Tax 1550
    Total license and fees 203
    Total 24900

It seems like they messed up something with the grad rebate at first because my sales price has gone down by about 500. They were factoring it in at first so I would see a 24900 OTD after rebate, not before. Now its looking like 24,400 OTD for me. This seems like a pretty good deal now... Something like 1400 under invoice w/ window tint and 2 years of free oil changes. Thinking about telling them to knock $100 off and I'll go buy tomorrow. Any guidance? 

edited June 2018
    bmalone3 said:

Went to the actual dealership that quoted me the 24, 900 over email to see the car and make sure 24,900 was a true OTD price. I talked to a different guy than who I was emailing so prices were messed up at first. 

Now my deal on the table looks something like this (ballpark):

Sale price 22987
    Doc fee 249
    Tax 1550
    Total license and fees 203
    Total 24900

It seems like they messed up something with the grad rebate at first because my sales price has gone down by about 500. They were factoring it in at first so I would see a 24900 OTD after rebate, not before. Now its looking like 24,400 OTD for me. This seems like a pretty good deal now... Something like 1400 under invoice w/ window tint and 2 years of free oil changes. Thinking about telling them to knock $100 off and I'll go buy tomorrow. Any guidance? 

Of coarse this dealer will knock off another $100 for the sale, its a low ball sale with a $500 rebate coming from Honda not dealer. . If you want to negotiate further you will do better using these last several days before month & sale quarter ends to lower your deal with dealerships. I would target another $400 off... then email dealers websites with your model & call dealerships Int / mgr that number to as many dealerships your willing to travel. Tell dealerships I buy it Today for X price. Then wait for dealerships to respond back. If you call a manager you get to negotiate your price with him/her ......another $400 off is a good solid offer that dealers will entertain. You have nothing to lose but saving more money, Or worst case..... buying at your current deal plus $100.

Good luck

• rman667rman667 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2018
    Any deals in Washington, Oregon or Idaho areas?

I got a good deal from a dealer in Maryland. Too far and expensive, looking for a local deal.

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid

Honda Base MSRP: - $27,238
    From a dealer in Maryland: Honda e-Price - $21,865.54

Fees to be added include:

Freight Fee of $895
    Processing Fee of $300
    Tax @ 6%
    Tags and Registration Fee of $279
    rman667 said:
    Any deals in Washington, Oregon or Idaho areas? I got a good deal from a dealer in Maryland. Too far and expensive, looking for a local deal. 2018 Honda Accord Hybrid Honda Base MSRP: - $27,238 From a dealer in Maryland: Honda e-Price - $21,865.54 Fees to be added include: Freight Fee of $895 Processing Fee of $300 Tax @ 6% Tags and Registration Fee of $279
    Not sure why the destination charge is not included in the e-price. Your actual sale price is $21,865.54 + 895 = $22,760.54. 

Have you reached out to dealers in Washington, Oregon, Idaho? What pricing have you received?
  • dccarbuyer2dccarbuyer2 Member Posts: 13

rman667 said:

Any deals in Washington, Oregon or Idaho areas?

I got a good deal from a dealer in Maryland. Too far and expensive, looking for a local deal.

2018 Honda Accord Hybrid

Honda Base MSRP: - $27,238
    From a dealer in Maryland: Honda e-Price - $21,865.54

Fees to be added include:

Freight Fee of $895
    Processing Fee of $300
    Tax @ 6%
    Tags and Registration Fee of $279

Not sure why the destination charge is not included in the e-price. Your actual sale price is $21,865.54 + 895 = $22,760.54. 

Have you reached out to dealers in Washington, Oregon, Idaho? What pricing have you received?

Dealers in the DC area always exclude destination from their price quotes.
    Dealers list the destination fee separate cause it makes the sale price look better.

I'm not sure of the pricing market for a Hybrid Accord. The e-price from Criswell after doc's is 800 below dealers invoice .

• jamie95jamie95 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    bmalone3 said:
    Sale Price $ 23,427.51 Doc Fee $ 249.00 Total License And Fees $ 203.00 State & Local Taxes $ 1,520.49 Grad: $ 500.00 Total Price: $ 24,900.00 Lowest quote so far on an Accord Sport 1.5t in Houston. Car comes with tint, nitro refill, paint & fabric protection, and two years of free oil changes. Thoughts?
    Hey! That sounds like a pretty good deal! Every dealership I've been in contact with won't go lower than $26,000 OTD. Did you buy it already? If so do you mind telling me which dealership you went to? 
  • bcook8187bcook8187 Member Posts: 6
    Hello, I've been following this forum for awhile and it looks like prices are starting to get more favorable. I am looking to purchase an Accord Touring 2.0T within the next several months. The best I've been quoted in my area is $32,195 plus taxes, licence and $566.75 in fees. I am shooting for $31k but I have a 2017 Accord as a trade and they are all trying to low ball me on it as well, almost $3k under book trade in value. I am trying to keep this as a separate transaction. In your opinion, what should my target price be in Virginia for this trim level? Any input brian125 or bluemkn57cars? Thanks in advance, great forum!
    bcook8187 said:
    Hello, I've been following this forum for awhile and it looks like prices are starting to get more favorable. I am looking to purchase an Accord Touring 2.0T within the next several months. The best I've been quoted in my area is $32,195 plus taxes, licence and $566.75 in fees. I am shooting for $31k but I have a 2017 Accord as a trade and they are all trying to low ball me on it as well, almost $3k under book trade in value. I am trying to keep this as a separate transaction. In your opinion, what should my target price be in Virginia for this trim level? Any input brian125 or bluemkn57cars? Thanks in advance, great forum!
    I would recommend going to a Carmax (if there is one close to you) and get your 2017 Accord appraised. Then, make dealers match their offer. Btw, is there a reason you are getting rid of your 2017 Accord? Just curious.

Use some of the end of month tactics @brian125 has posted. Reach out to internet sales manager on the last two days of the month and tell them their best offer will get a sale today.

As I have posted not long ago, best offer I have seen in the Boston area for this trim was $31.6k. Not sure if VA dealers will come close to that number but have you tried reaching out to out of state dealers in MD? I would be surprised if you get a $31k sale price this month, but you never know.

Good luck.
    @bcook8187

Btw invoice on that trim is about $33.6k. So your deal is around $1400 below invoice. Not such a great deal before doc fees.
  • bcook8187bcook8187 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the advice! My 2017 EX-L is a really nice car but I am just unsatisfied with the CVT transmission, I drove a 2.0T with the 10 speed auto and what a difference! I have only been in contact with 3 local dealers and 1 in the northern VA area in a more competitive market, but their offer was higher than my locals.
    bcook8187 said:
    Thanks for the advice! My 2017 EX-L is a really nice car but I am just unsatisfied with the CVT transmission, I drove a 2.0T with the 10 speed auto and what a difference! I have only been in contact with 3 local dealers and 1 in the northern VA area in a more competitive market, but their offer was higher than my locals.
    What are you being offered on your 2017 EX-L? How much do you owe on it? Get your best pricing on a 2018 and figure out whether it makes sense to upgrade now or later. 

This is when putting in the time and researching best pricing will net you the best deal. Nothing comes easy but I believe if you follow my advice, you could land a great deal in a couple of months.