Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda CR-V Price Deals and Buying Experience

Comments

• crvexl2018crvexl2018 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Thanks for the help everyone. I picked up my new CR-V EX-L a few days ago.

I paid $28700 + $2,547 tax (NY 8.875%) + $325 DMV. Total out the door price was $31572.

There wasn't any other hidden fees, not even a doc fee. $28700 plus tax & DMV.

Chris,
    Can you please pm me which dealer you bought from in NY, thank you.

Regards,
    Eric
    ericlim_2000@yahoo.com
  • jasiv63jasiv63 Member Posts: 8
    IMPORTANT!!!

For all of you out there who are thinking about buying a Honda, go search up oil dilution on google.
    Know the situation first and decide whether you are going to buy a Honda afterwards.

I think there are some problem with the 1.5 turbo engine.

I just bought my CR-V EX 2018 at the end of Feb.

I am now looking into the issue myself as well.

Cheers

• jasiv63jasiv63 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2018
    nooneeg said:

Thinking 2018 crv exl awd. Found out there might be a problem of overfilled oil level with a gas smell on CarComplaints. Seems pretty serious and might be an engine design problem.  What do you guys think?

If I am someone interested in buying a CRV, would probably wait a bit to see how things go.
    If Honda is fully aware of the issue and taking 100% responsibility if it was indeed design flaw or smth, then go ahead and buy it once they did smth to it.

I did kind of go over the internet about the issue, a lot of car make nowadays have maybe at least some fuel injection engine in their line of cars, and it seems normal that if there are a slight bit of gas leak into oil compartment, it burns off so you're probably fine. But I think the problem with Honda now is that the leak is not minimal so that it became an issue. They had the same issue in the CRVs in China, and I saw a video some expert were saying it might be the failure of the O-ring part that was suppose to separate the gas and oil compartment. Because the design of the O-ring is actually not a full circle (suppose to be this way), but more like a "C" to give the room for expansion when the temperature is high. But it's suspected that the O-ring fails to expand quick enough to keep the gasoline leak into the oil compartment. Anyway, I am looking at the issue now and see how things goes.
  • wxmannywxmanny Member Posts: 2

I paid $28700 + $2,547 tax (NY 8.875%) + $325 DMV. Total out the door price was $31572.

Chris,
    Can you please pm me which dealer you bought from in NY, thank you.

Regards,
    Eric
    ericlim_2000@yahoo.com

• wxmannywxmanny Member Posts: 2
    If you both do not mind, can you let us know the dealership that gave you a great deal? Coming from Central Suffolk.

Thanks
  • sriprisripri Member Posts: 1
    Hello all, I bought CR—V EX 2WD (Color Specific of Molten Lava) in Florida:
    Base Price: 24,210.59
    OTD Price: 27,064.85
  • mozeeatupumozeeatupu Member Posts: 1
    I had worked out a price of $31,825 otd for a CRV EX-L with tow hitch in NYC but didn't get because I wanted you get it closer to 30.
  • james_kim123james_kim123 Member Posts: 2
    I' working on 2018 ex-l with navi system.
    Lowest offer so far is $31,900 OTD. 

My target price is 30k OTD, but I think I have to drop the navi system to get that point

• james_kim123james_kim123 Member Posts: 2
    2018 ex-l without navi, got offer $30,700 OTD. 
    I don' know whether I should take it or deal more 
  • yutaka731yutaka731 Member Posts: 2
    sripri said:

Hello all, I bought CR—V EX 2WD (Color Specific of Molten Lava) in Florida:
    Base Price: 24,210.59
    OTD Price: 27,064.85

$2800 for TTL seems a little on the high side, no? Is that normal for FL?
  • yutaka731yutaka731 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote from Honda of Corona for base of $25,031.
  • bleh1bleh1 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    Bought a 2018 CRV AWD EX in NEO. No accessories / addons. 6.75% sales tax.

MSRP: $29,325
    Sale Price: $26,322
    OTD Price: $28,400
  • annie1983annie1983 Member Posts: 2
    BIG NOOOOO TO THIS CAR.......

I am suffering after buying. Just check below links or search in google for issues/defects Honda unable to Fix.
    Just check below links before you buy and decide
  • annie1983annie1983 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2018
    BIG NOOOOO TO THIS CAR....... This will be my last Honda vehicle.

I am suffering after buying. Just check below links or search in google for issues/defects Honda unable to Fix.
    Just check below links before you buy and decide

I am not able copy links here

Check Honda CR-V issues and problems in YouTube or search in google Honda CR-V multiple electrical problems in crv owners website.

Also search in NHTSA website, hundreds of people complained even after reporting in nhtsa honda is not able to fix problems
  • hawk600hawk600 Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2018
    I was offered a 2018 EX AWD for $25,952 plus $299 dealer fees, OTD price.
    Too bad Honda is going downhill...I was ready to get a 2018 EX to replace my wife's 2015 EX but after test driving a EX-L model we decided to get a Mazda CX5 Touring instead.
    The CR-V might be loaded with attractive features if compared with previous models but that is not enough to make it a good vehicle.
    Besides the scary fuel mixing with oil issue, the road noise and engine noise is just unacceptable on a car this category. Our 2015 with almost 40k miles is way quieter than the new model.
    The 1.5 engine lacks torque and only gets better if you hammer the throttle and doing so the fuel economy goes away and engine noise floods the cabin. it is either slow/slower or high revs.
    Not wanting to steer people away from the CR-V but before closing on one, check the engine issues and revies and test drive other options such as CX-5 and you will see what I am talking about. Just don't blindly trust it based on previous Honda ownership experience.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    hawk600 said:
    I was offered a 2018 EX AWmooD for $25,952 plus $299 dealer fees, OTD price. Too bad Honda is going downhill...I was ready to get a 2018 EX to replace my wife's 2015 EX but after test driving a EX-L model we decided to get a Mazda CX5 Touring instead. The CR-V might be loaded with attractive features if compared with previous models but that is not enough to make it a good vehicle. Besides the scary fuel mixing with oil issue, the road noise and engine noise is just unacceptable on a car this category. Our 2015 with almost 40k miles is way quieter than the new model. The 1.5 engine lacks torque and only gets better if you hammer the throttle and doing so the fuel economy goes away and engine noise floods the cabin. it is either slow/slower or high revs. Not wanting to steer people away from the CR-V but before closing on one, check the engine issues and revies and test drive other options such as CX-5 and you will see what I am talking about. Just don't blindly trust it based on previous Honda ownership experience.
    What was the cost of the Mazda?
  • hawk600hawk600 Member Posts: 16
    Not going to hijack the thread but it was comparable to the invoice of a CR-V EX-L.
  • hsearchhsearch Member Posts: 1
    hello, this thread has been immensely helpful.

i m a first-time (noob) buyer of a new car. nathan1234's sample email text has been super helpful. but what i would like to know is how do you guys go about searching for the emails of all dealerships? Do you guys use the "Contact Us" feature on each dealership website, and then enter your name/phone/same email text in each of the form, and click 'Submit'?

Also, if you desire any accessories, am I right that it is better to hold off on negotiating for that? ie. it's better to ask for the base price / OTD price without accessories first, then once you narrow down to 1-4 potential dealers offering attractive prices, then you only you start bringing up this topic?

Thanks in advance for any advice you could share!
  • 2018crvowner12018crvowner1 Member Posts: 1
    I found this thread very helpful and recently bought a EX AWD in VA. Dealer initially added $250 for mud flaps/wheel locks that he said factory included on car and I got them to remove that cost. (But they would not go lower on car price) They agreed to my request to add in floor mats for free. Below is cost breakdown: 
    MSRP- 29,325
    Sales price- 26,086 (includes 975 Destination fee)
    Dealer fee- 699 
    Plus Taxes/Registration fees 

OTD- 28,000
  • enrico17enrico17 Member Posts: 14
    I wonder how much it would take me since I'm planning to add accessories such as bumper and roof rack. I'm also planning to use ION wheels on it as well. I'm financially prepared to acquire it this year. Thanks for the insights though.
  • sam4919sam4919 Member Posts: 1
    I found this thread very helpful and recently bought a EX AWD in VA. Dealer initially added $250 for mud flaps/wheel locks that he said factory included on car and I got them to remove that cost. (But they would not go lower on car price) They agreed to my request to add in floor mats for free. Below is cost breakdown: 
    MSRP- 29,325
    Sales price- 26,086 (includes 975 Destination fee)
    Dealer fee- 699 
    Plus Taxes/Registration fees 

OTD- 28,000

Hello, can you tell me the dealer name you got the car? I am also looking for EX-L AWD in VA. Thanks.
  • rdworski1rdworski1 Member Posts: 20
    Purchased 2018 CR-V AWD Touring in Maryland OTR Price 33,598
    rdworski1 said:
    Cost before tax,title,etc? 
  • sollu72sollu72 Member Posts: 1
    rdworski1 said:

Can you please let me know what dealership you bought this at? I am looking to buy this month-end.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Do you own a large SUV or truck and have trouble finding spaces to park it in? Or do you own a smaller car and often find yourself squeezing yourself in between significantly larger vehicles? If so, a journalist would like to speak with you about your experiences. If you're interested, please reach out to PR@Edmunds.com no later than 12 p.m. Pacific this Thursday, June 7. Thank you!
  • ravenelscravenelsc Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2018
    I just bought a 2018 CRV LX with tinted windows, wheel locks, door-edge guard, mudflaps and molded-rubber mat for cargo area in Charleston, SC on 31 May for $23,000 OTD.  The price included everything (TT&L).
  • vrundmcvrundmc Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2018
    I am being quoted a CRV EX-L for $27,495 before taxes/fees. Lease payment of $389. Another dealer is promising to beat that with a lease payment of ~$350, 0 drive off. (this one won't show me the math). Do I jump at this?
    vrundmc said:
    I am being quoted a CRV EX-L for $27,495 before taxes/fees. Lease payment of $389. Another dealer is promising to beat that with a lease payment of ~$350, 0 drive off. (this one won't show me the math). Do I jump at this?
    Why not get the touring for 389 at the dealer quoting 350 for the exl. 
  • idgystinks1idgystinks1 Member Posts: 44
    jasiv63 said:

nooneeg said:

Thinking 2018 crv exl awd. Found out there might be a problem of overfilled oil level with a gas smell on CarComplaints. Seems pretty serious and might be an engine design problem.  What do you guys think?

If I am someone interested in buying a CRV, would probably wait a bit to see how things go.
    If Honda is fully aware of the issue and taking 100% responsibility if it was indeed design flaw or smth, then go ahead and buy it once they did smth to it.

I did kind of go over the internet about the issue, a lot of car make nowadays have maybe at least some fuel injection engine in their line of cars, and it seems normal that if there are a slight bit of gas leak into oil compartment, it burns off so you're probably fine. But I think the problem with Honda now is that the leak is not minimal so that it became an issue. They had the same issue in the CRVs in China, and I saw a video some expert were saying it might be the failure of the O-ring part that was suppose to separate the gas and oil compartment. Because the design of the O-ring is actually not a full circle (suppose to be this way), but more like a "C" to give the room for expansion when the temperature is high. But it's suspected that the O-ring fails to expand quick enough to keep the gasoline leak into the oil compartment. Anyway, I am looking at the issue now and see how things goes.
    so HONDA drops it tried and true 2.4 vtec and 3.5 vtec normally asperated engines for new generation of turbos. Audi relied on Turbos for ever and worked out most bugs. Did Honda?
  • sean10780sean10780 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Any thoughts on this EX-L in Raleigh, NC

Selling Price: 30,545.00
    Add ons: 364.00 --- Protection package
    Discount: 1867.24
    netprice: 29041.76
    fees: 702
    trade: 1800
    tax: 835.19
    OTD: 28778.95

Edit: They came down to 27,500 after negations.

They started at like MSRP then I got them down a little. Is this good or should I try better at another dealer?

• hooser01hooser01 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    I live in PA. What kind of out the door price should I go for on this build of a 2018 crv ex awd? I plan on putting down around 13k and financing eithe at 1.9 for 36 or 2.9 for 60. 

AWD CVT

*W/ 1.5L TURBO 4-CYL. ENGINE

*EXTERIOR COLOR: Crystal Black PEARL

*INTERIOR COLOR: Black Cloth

*Honda Sensing®

*18-inch Alloy Wheels 

*Door Visors

*Roof Rack

*Splash Guard Set

*Sport Exhaust Finisher

*Moonroof Visor

*All-Season Floor Mats - High Wall (Blue Logo)

*Cargo Tray

• OldEastEnderOldEastEnder Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2018
    Out of interest are these dealer doc fees negotiable? Here in TN I've seen them as high as $699, which is daylight robbery just for feeding a few sheets of paper through a printer. Often they get hidden in the price of the vehicle ("all prices include dealer documentation fees of xxx").
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188

Out of interest are these dealer doc fees negotiable? Here in TN I've seen them as high as $699, which is daylight robbery just for feeding a few sheets of paper through a printer. Often they get hidden in the price of the vehicle ("all prices include dealer documentation fees of xxx").

Not worth negotiating... ask for their doc fee before starting negotiations, and adjust your offer accordingly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,103

You are better off trying to negotiate a lower selling price to offset the doc fees, rather than trying to negotiate them directly.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• hooser01hooser01 Member Posts: 2
    My above build got an offer of $30k out the door. Worth going for?
  • chitown84chitown84 Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys! Trying to decide to close on the car or not. 2018 CRV Touring AWD. 

negotiated price 31112
    doc fee 175.94
    taxes 2583.07 (8.25%)
    licence/title 166
    total 34037.01

the dealer has very bad reviews online and I’m nervous since I’ll be going to the dealer solo to do paperwork. He already tried to fight me on the destination fee of 1000 dollars not being included but I stuck with my numbers that I negiotiated with their internet department. 
    chitown84 said:

negotiated price 31112
    doc fee 175.94
    taxes 2583.07 (8.25%)
    licence/title 166
    total 34037.01

the dealer has very bad reviews online and I’m nervous since I’ll be going to the dealer solo to do paperwork. He already tried to fight me on the destination fee of 1000 dollars not being included but I stuck with my numbers that I negiotiated with their internet department. 

It looks like you have all the numbers. Are you financing?
    What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chitown84chitown84 Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

negotiated price 31112
    doc fee 175.94
    taxes 2583.07 (8.25%)
    licence/title 166
    total 34037.01

It looks like you have all the numbers. Are you financing? What is the MSRP?

kyfdx said:

negotiated price 31112
    doc fee 175.94
    taxes 2583.07 (8.25%)
    licence/title 166
    total 34037.01

It looks like you have all the numbers. Are you financing? What is the MSRP?
    MSRP 35025 and financing thru my credit union since they won’t match the rate (2.99% for 60 months). 
    chitown84 said:

kyfdx said:

chitown84 said:

negotiated price 31112
    doc fee 175.94
    taxes 2583.07 (8.25%)
    licence/title 166
    total 34037.01

What is the MSRP?

kyfdx said:

negotiated price 31112
    doc fee 175.94
    taxes 2583.07 (8.25%)
    licence/title 166
    total 34037.01

What is the MSRP?

MSRP 35025 and financing thru my credit union since they won’t match the rate (2.99% for 60 months). 

That looks pretty good.. If you have your own financing, it should be simple. Just make sure you inspect the vehicle to make sure it's the one you want. Then make sure every line on the contract matches up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jersey201jersey201 Member Posts: 6
    civic2crv said:

Dear Collective Wisdom

I am in NJ. For 2018 CRV EX AWD, I have below offer. Should I go for it or try to negotiate further?

MSRP 29325
    Selling Price: 26500

Trade in: -500

OTD 28410.99

where in nj?
  • tessie_winstessie_wins Member Posts: 6
    What do you think of this deal?
    2018 CRV EX AWD
    $29445(incl freight)

Negotiated $25,600 (includes freight and processing fee) + TTL

Only requirement is we finance through them, but already have 2.99 preapproved through my credit union and can refi.
  • kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2018
    Looking to buy a 2018 CRV EXL , Black in the Kansas City area. What should be my target price CASH.....

MRSP is : MSRP $31,945
    Advertised sale price $30,745
  • kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    Was that with Nav or without Nav.
    chris618 said:

• chris618chris618 Member Posts: 19
    kcmover said:
    Was that with Nav or without Nav.

Without Nav, I don't think Nav is important with Android Auto/ Apple Carplay.. I use Waze & Google maps for nav through Android Auto  
  • Hello guys, I have used edmunds.com multiple times for buying my cars. Currently, I am in the market again. I am in Maryland and looking forward to buying the CR V LX 2WD. I was at dealership test drove an EX version and liked it. However, when came back and did a thorough online research, I found that the 1.5 direct injection turbo engine issue currently on all Ex model. I decide to avoid this problem by going for the LX model. 
    So, I would like to ask friends here, what would be a good sale price for it? Please help me if you bought the same car this year. I appreciate your inputs.
  • jikjik Member Posts: 144

Hello guys, I have used edmunds.com multiple times for buying my cars. Currently, I am in the market again. I am in Maryland and looking forward to buying the CR V LX 2WD. I was at dealership test drove an EX version and liked it. However, when came back and did a thorough online research, I found that the 1.5 direct injection turbo engine issue currently on all Ex model. I decide to avoid this problem by going for the LX model. 
    So, I would like to ask friends here, what would be a good sale price for it? Please help me if you bought the same car this year. I appreciate your inputs.

I thought that engine was on all CRVs. I quit looking for CRV after discovering the oil engine problem. Has Honda even acknowleged it.

I loved CRV when I test drove but have now switched to Kia Niro plugin. Will test drive Kia today
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    I believe the current CRV LX uses a modified version of the old 2.4L 4 banger (no turbo). It is kind of interesting that Honda has this engine issue and apparently there are transmission problems on the latest Toyota Highlander. I guess most all producers are headed for the middle of the bell curve these days with less differences than they used to have between the brands.
    I am getting CRV LX AWD for 23396 plus TTL. Believe documentation etc is standard 175 in chicago

This car has
    MSRP 26645
    invoice 25181

What do you think about this deal?
    CRV-LX AWD

MSRP 26645
    invoice 25181

175.94 std doc fee chicago
    25 electr fee
    10 temp tag

25342.94 OTD

Fantastic experience ( I know I didnt think I would live to write such comment) at dealership in chicago

Not so nice experience at dealership I did not buy
  • KimN123KimN123 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,

I am getting the below quote on a 2018 CRV: EX-L (FWD)

Selling Price . : $28,400
    Doc Fee . : $150
    6.25% Tax TX . : $1775
    Reg & Lic . : $240
    -------------------------
    Total : $30,565 - $500 (New Grad Discount if I qualify & finance)

Out The Door: $30,000

Is this a good deal for TX on a EX-L (FWD) ?