Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• thehash880thehash880 Member Posts: 16

I'm trying to deal with DCH Academy for a 2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T and its been tougher than I thought. They offered me a lease price on the car of $27,575 but the fees are insane. Over $1700! How did you guys bring that down? Also, they have no idea about the Honda lease incentive and aren't adding the $1000 dealer cash. Any ideas on where to go from here?

What are the fees?
    I asked for a fee breakdown and the internet sales guy said that he would call me back with that information as "he's not a finance guy" so I'll let you know when I hear back.
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    I'm trying to deal with DCH Academy for a 2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T and its been tougher than I thought. They offered me a lease price on the car of $27,575 but the fees are insane. Over $1700! How did you guys bring that down? Also, they have no idea about the Honda lease incentive and aren't adding the $1000 dealer cash. Any ideas on where to go from here?
    What are the fees?
    I asked for a fee breakdown and the internet sales guy said that he would call me back with that information as "he's not a finance guy" so I'll let you know when I hear back.
    At the minimum you will have the lease acquisition fee ($595), dealer documentation fees, title and registration fees and any other fees. 

A detailed breakdown will definetely help. 
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    After seeing @kyfdx post about 1000 incentive on touring 1.5 I made my local dealer an offer on a touring in the color that I prefer and recently manufactured. The deal is cash with trade 29,500 with no added factory or dealer addons, NJ always jacks up the price with add ons. They confirmed the incentives and after a little back and forth they accepted the deal and I have an appointment at 10 am tomorrow. I do have a trade in but I have a CarMax and will see if they come close to matching. A deal is not done until the papers are signed so we will see if the magic of the last day of the month works in my favor. Like @brian125 said, let the fun begin
  • john4545john4545 Member Posts: 136

After seeing @kyfdx post about 1000 incentive on touring 1.5 I made my local dealer an offer on a touring in the color that I prefer and recently manufactured. The deal is cash with trade 29,500 with no added factory or dealer addons, NJ always jacks up the price with add ons. They confirmed the incentives and after a little back and forth they accepted the deal and I have an appointment at 10 am tomorrow. I do have a trade in but I have a CarMax and will see if they come close to matching. A deal is not done until the papers are signed so we will see if the magic of the last day of the month works in my favor. Like @brian125 said, let the fun begin

I'm happy for you Jerseydevil good luck Sat. I'm 300 to 400 dollars off in PA with the NJ pricing posted at dch Honda . Maybe dealers don't have the leverage on a sport model without that 1000 dollar incentive. Going to pounce on any counter offer from dealerships in PA. waiting for a couple of internet managers to call back with there final offer and hopefully a couple more lower there price. . Fingers crossed

I decided not to buy in NJ its a 2hr plus ordeal for me, then get someone to drive with me is a long day. if I was more experience at buying I would just go for it.
    edited June 2018
    Special shout out to @brian125 . He went out of his way for me these past 2 months with dealer contacts , names and buying advice , called dch Honda for me today just to go over a out of sate purchase for me .. I'm in debt to you Brian and the rest of the folks that help in here.

Thank - you guys
    john4545 said:

I'm happy for you Jerseydevil good luck Sat. I'm 300 to 400 dollars off in PA with the NJ pricing posted at dch Honda . Maybe dealers don't have the leverage on a sport model without that 1000 dollar incentive. Going to pounce on any counter offer from dealerships in PA. waiting for a couple of internet managers to call back with there final offer and hopefully a couple more lower there price. . Fingers crossed

I decided not to buy in NJ its a 2hr plus ordeal for me, then get someone to drive with me is a long day. if I was more experience at buying I would just go for it.
    You should save money on doc fees in pa compared to NJ. I got some emails with holiday discounts like from conicelli but it is extra 500 on trade in.
    I think you will ultimately do better in Pa. Remember last month a dealer in north jersey sent you on a wild goose chase with a good price and maybe DCH is not that great either, I read some of thier yelp reviews.
    I hope we both have a new car in our driveway tomorrow and we can toast with a cyber beer. Good luck !!!
    Yes the doc fee is $142 in PA opposed to 400 plus in NJ. Brian confirmed dch pricing today, they are selling there stock, Alex's posted price conformation was confirmed by brian and said they would extend same deal at DCH to me. I also spoke to the internet manager a couple of days ago and she said the same thing.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited June 2018
    john4545 said:

Yes the doc fee is $142 in PA opposed to 400 plus in NJ. Brian confirmed dch pricing today, they are selling there stock, Alex's posted price conformation was confirmed by brian and said they would extend same deal at DCH to me. I also spoke to the internet manager a couple of days ago and she said the same thing.

John this is my last good deed running out to dinner. I will email you info if you want . Conicelli Honda is roughly $1700 below invoice price after doc fee consideration on any sport model on his lot. They have more room to negotiate on other models. If I was buying a sport myself I may have saved a few more dollars if dealer knew I was buying it NOW . Its your call.

Good luck...................... let us know how you make out later/ tomm

@jerseydevil01 ask dealer if you finance 5k to 8k thru Honda could they lower price.

Use emails and calls tonight to dealerships that X dealership has offered XX price and you are buying tomm. will they beat it for the sale. Cant hurt....... Now the real negotiations are starting.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

brian125 said:

john4545 said:

John this is my last good deed running out to dinner. I will email you info if you want . Conicelli Honda is roughly $1700 below invoice price after doc fee consideration on any sport model on his lot. They have more room to negotiate on other models. If I was buying a sport myself I may have saved a few more dollars if dealer knew I was buying it NOW . Its your call.

Good luck...................... let us know how you make out later/ tomm

@jerseydevil01 ask dealer if you finance 5k to 8k thru Honda could they lower price.

Use emails and calls tonight to dealerships that X dealership has offered XX price and you are buying tomm. will they beat it for the sale. Cant hurt....... Now the real negotiations are starting.

My deal is going to be won or lost on trade in value. I am prepared to walk if I have to and possibly come back if they counter. I'm trying to keep an open mind
  • wonderpetswonderpets Member Posts: 14
    9_lease said:
    Anyone here in the market for an Accord Hybrid? It seems like dealers are holding the prices a bit higher on Hybrids. I have not see any indication of sales below invoice.
    I am looking for one... EXL model.  So far 1 dealer is willing to go as far as 500 under invoice which comes out to be $29,146.00
    I'm also looking at the EXL Hybrid. Any chance you're in so cal Wonderpets? So cal numbers seem higher than usual for the Hybrids.
    No I am in MA.
  • divinity1202divinity1202 Member Posts: 11
    @bluemkn57cars I finally pulled the trigger for Accord EXL 2018

2018 Honda Accord EX-L 1.5 26025
    Dealer Documentation Fee 479
    MA State Inspection Sticker/Plates 175.00
    MA State Sales Tax $1,656.50
    Total OTD Price $28335"

I think there was still room for 100-200$ reduction but I was just too tired to negotiate. Hope I got a great deal at the end.

Please share if anyone got a better deal then this in MA. Just curious. Because the dealer was no one has bought at this price :smile:
    @bluemkn57cars I finally pulled the trigger for Accord EXL 2018 2018 Honda Accord EX-L 1.5 26025 Dealer Documentation Fee 479 MA State Inspection Sticker/Plates 175.00 MA State Sales Tax $1,656.50 Total OTD Price $28335" I think there was still room for 100-200$ reduction but I was just too tired to negotiate. Hope I got a great deal at the end. Please share if anyone got a better deal then this in MA. Just curious. Because the dealer was no one has bought at this price :smile:
    Congrats on this deal. Well done. Looks like it is about $2000 below invoice before doc fees.
    Good Luck @jerseydevil01 and @john4545.

If anyone buys a Touring 2.0T, could you post your numbers by including your sale price and any incentives. Thank you.

May the negotiations (games) begin. 
    Can someone point me to where I can buy good floor mats for Honda Accord EXL 2018. Honda is selling it for 100$+. Any good and cheap suggestions?
    Can someone point me to where I can buy good floor mats for Honda Accord EXL 2018. Honda is selling it for 100$+. Any good and cheap suggestions?
    Try College Hills Honda: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/
  • string3599string3599 Member Posts: 10

These Huskies are $135 but free shipping and no tax for most. There is also a 15% code good today only, “PERFECTDAY”.

I have these and like them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Husky-Liners-Weatherbeater-2018-Honda-Accord-Sedan-Floor-Mats-Set-BLACK/173287905019?fits=Year:2018|Make:Honda|Model:Accord&epid=25018830166&hash=item2858c396fb:g:-r8AAOSwKoFa4LQQ
  • samanthatsamanthat Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,

New to the forum, but have been reading the older comments. I can't seem to get a good deal for the life of me. We're in CO and just trying to get the base model LX due to budget, but the best that I've gotten was 
    Prixe: $21500
    Dealer handling: $599
    And then there's still taxes and registration. That price is basically what all the dealers are offering and no one seems to be wiggling much here. 

We're not in a rush though, planning on just getting a vehicle by summer 2019 but we started looking now due to recently getting some hail damage. That didn't seem to help the pricing though because they only got hit lightly. Anyone have any idea what a good deal would look like in CO?
  • dmcc224dmcc224 Member Posts: 46
    Touring 1.5t quote of $29,111 from Bernardi Natick, MA. I believe their doc is somewhat high though (480?). Invoice is 31,800 so its about 2200 below invoice after factoring the doc fee.
    dmcc224 said:
    Touring 1.5t quote of $29,111 from Bernardi Natick, MA. I believe their doc is somewhat high though (480?). Invoice is 31,800 so its about 2200 below invoice after factoring the doc fee.
    That is very aggressive pricing. Was that after some negotiating or was it their first quote? Confirm doc fees and any other fees. Looks like a great deal. I would buy if the car is in the color combination of your choice and you are happy with the deal. Any dealer cash offered? 
    thanks @bluemkn57cars if you have them are those plastic or rubber ones I can't tell just by seeing the picture.
    thanks @string3599 for providing info.. the ones you bought from ebay are plastic or rubber ones?
  • string3599string3599 Member Posts: 10

thanks @bluemkn57cars if you have them are those plastic or rubber ones I can't tell just by seeing the picture.
    thanks @string3599 for providing info.. the ones you bought from ebay are plastic or rubber ones?

It is rubberized material according to the Husky website.
    edited June 2018

It is rubberized material according to the Husky website.
    Thanks you helped me save 40$ today. I didn't know about that 15% ebay sale. I ordered the mats.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    samanthat said:

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, but have been reading the older comments. I can't seem to get a good deal for the life of me. We're in CO and just trying to get the base model LX due to budget, but the best that I've gotten was 
    And then there's still taxes and registration. That price is basically what all the dealers are offering and no one seems to be wiggling much here. 

We're not in a rush though, planning on just getting a vehicle by summer 2019 but we started looking now due to recently getting some hail damage. That didn't seem to help the pricing though because they only got hit lightly. Anyone have any idea what a good deal would look like in CO?

Which dealers are you shopping?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited June 2018
    thanks @bluemkn57cars if you have them are those plastic or rubber ones I scan't tell just by seeing the picture. thanks @string3599 for providing info.. the ones you bought from ebay are plastic or rubber ones?
    Not sure what you mean but they are all weather floor mats. Let me check their site. :smile:
    @divinity1202 - From the description it says thermoplastic. Check it out: https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08P17-TVA-100.html.
    Michaell said:
    Hi everyone,

We looked at frontier Honda in Longmont, AutoNation 104th, schomp (they don't do negotiations apparently) and mile high Honda in aurora. That best price was from AutoNation, otherwise they all quote $22000 and ~$500 in handling fees.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,056
    samanthat said:

Michaell said:

samanthat said:

Hi everyone,

We looked at frontier Honda in Longmont, AutoNation 104th, schomp (they don't do negotiations apparently) and mile high Honda in aurora. That best price was from AutoNation, otherwise they all quote $22000 and ~$500 in handling fees.

Schomp is a one price store, but they don't have the dealer fee, which will save $400-600

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Yeah schomp actually quoted at $22.5 so it all matched across the board.
    I finally pulled the trigger today and got a descent deal I think after negotiation and happy my search is done. My touring 1.5 checked all my boxes.. Sale price with 1000 incentive is29510, 7900 trade in, 399 doc, 1452 sales tax, reg and title fee transfer my plates79.50 total 23554 out the door. Thanks to everyone for all the great advise and the magical last day of the month worked well for me . The dealer, honda of Turnersville is usually high priced but I even got all the add ons thrown in for free and they are only 5 miles from my house. A great day!
    Congrats NJ........... you made the best possible deal this month and bought right in your own back yard. Did Turnersville match or beat your CarMax price?.

I finally pulled the trigger today and got a descent deal I think after negotiation and happy my search is done. My touring 1.5 checked all my boxes.. Sale price with 1000 incentive is29510, 7900 trade in, 399 doc, 1452 sales tax, reg and title fee transfer my plates79.50 total 23554 out the door. Thanks to everyone for all the great advise and the magical last day of the month worked well for me . The dealer, honda of Turnersville is usually high priced but I even got all the add ons thrown in for free and they are only 5 miles from my house. A great day!

Congrats on your deal. Enjoy your car.
    brian125 said:

Congrats NJ........... you made the best possible deal this month and bought right in your own back yard. Did Turnersville match or beat your CarMax price?.

The CarMax report i had was from febuary and was for 8500 and I did not renew it, they originally only offered 7500 which is more than any other dealer and my walk out amount was 7500 so I knew they were within my range so was able to get them up to 7900. The touring I got was made in april so it wasn't on the lot for many months

brian125 said:

The CarMax report i had was from febuary and was for 8500 and I did not renew it, they originally only offered 7500 which is more than any other dealer and my walk out amount was 7500 so I knew they were within my range so was able to get them up to 7900. The touring I got was made in april so it wasn't on the lot for many months
    By trading in You saved another $553 off your new purchases state tax @7%. So in actuality you let it go for................... $8453

• ny_sxny_sx Member Posts: 139
    Since I find the help here so valuable, I wanted to provide an update. After having multiple dealers tell me they wouldn't go below invoice on the Accord Touring 2.0, we bought one last night for $32,000, which is $1623 below invoice and $1469 below TrueCar market average. The car was for my mom. She got the color she wanted, the dealer threw in the little accessories like all-weather mats, etc. He also gave us a reasonable price on her old car, so we save a little on the tax and she can have a seamless transition from one car to the next. I know Honda may be a little more aggressive next month, but I have been waiting since March. At lease I know we got her a good deal.
    ny_sx said:

Since I find the help here so valuable, I wanted to provide an update. After having multiple dealers tell me they wouldn't go below invoice on the Accord Touring 2.0, we bought one last night for $32,000, which is $1623 below invoice and $1469 below TrueCar market average. The car was for my mom. She got the color she wanted, the dealer threw in the little accessories like all-weather mats, etc. He also gave us a reasonable price on her old car, so we save a little on the tax and she can have a seamless transition from one car to the next. I know Honda may be a little more aggressive next month, but I have been waiting since March. At lease I know we got her a good deal.

Congrats you made a nice deal in NY I'm assuming . Did you reach out to new Rochelle Honda ?

Can you post name of dealer . It will help other buyers in this forum.

Total OTD Price $28335"

I think there was still room for 100-200$ reduction but I was just too tired to negotiate. Hope I got a great deal at the end.

Please share if anyone got a better deal then this in MA. Just curious. Because the dealer was no one has bought at this price :smile:

Congrats on this deal. Well done. Looks like it is about $2000 below invoice before doc fees.

2275$ below invoice before docs
    ny_sx said:

Hi @ny_sx congrats on the deal, 32K is SP or the final OTD? Can you share the distribution?

ny_sx said:

Hi @ny_sx congrats on the deal, 32K is SP or the final OTD? Can you share the distribution?
    A Touring 2.0 invoice w/ dest charge = $33,623 minus NY doc's $75. Tax & dmv fee's excluded. This is a solid deal in NY for June. . A top deal is closer to 2k below invoice .

@jerseydevil01 & @john4545 bought in NJ & PA yesterday and did better because they had a wider bigger dealer search. I tell NY buyers to email / call the same 12 dealers in NY/ Tri state / LI area for pricing . Some months are better than others depending on dealers sales quota needs. when dealers I recommend stop dealing pricing online, by phone I wont recommend them anymore.

• ny_sxny_sx Member Posts: 139
    brian125 said:

ny_sx said:

Congrats you made a nice deal in NY I'm assuming . Did you reach out to new Rochelle Honda ?

Can you post name of dealer . It will help other buyers in this forum.

Thanks, guys. To be fair, we had a trade that we took a bit of a hit on [long story] so the "actual" price of the new car is probably a few hundred dollars higher. Once we take delivery I'll look try and figure out the exact price paid. Also, we went with a family member who has bought 8 cars from the same guy over the past several years.

@divinity1202 The price I put was selling price since we all have different tax rates. I was aiming for $2000 under invoice, but with dealers telling me they wouldn’t even sell at invoice when I am in front of them with a credit card, I decided I should take this deal, especially because of the trade.

@brian125 The dealership I bought from was Tarrytown Honda in Tarrytown, NY. I worked with Victor Lopez who I think did his best and was a pleasure to deal with. I believe I did reach out to New Rochelle Honda, but never heard back. I found a bunch of dealers who were not willing to discuss pricing via email.

Thanks again for all the great help here and in the other forums. Now that this is done, i can get back to work on getting my Hyundai Sonata before my lease is up.
  • whatever1616whatever1616 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 1.5 Touring and think I got a good deal. I did all of the negotiations over email/internet and had the deal locked in before I went onsite.
    I got a 2018 Touring 1.5 for $29530 plus they paid of last month of my lease.
  • john4546john4546 Member Posts: 54
    edited July 2018
    Hi guys sorry could not post sooner. my computer crashed yesterday then forgot my @edmunds info,so now i'm @john4546. lol Yesterday I bought my accord sport in PA. at a local dealer Matt bourne . At first we were 300 dollars apart and i keep telling manager on the 29th then 30th I was going to NJ to buy same vehicle they had. At 1pm on Sat dealer agreed to almost 2000 below invoice price. minus a 142 doc fee if I came down to buy vehicle Sat .

I agree with @jerseydevil01 june 30th and the last day helped me get pretty close to dch honda deal. I'm glad my search is over i'm content with what price I bought my Accord. And the best part was just 30 mins from my house.

Congrats jerseydevil raising my ice cold beer . Cheers and good luck to you

Thank- you mr @brian125 I'm in debt to you for your help and making phone calls for me.
    @bluemkn57cars thanks for your guidance and helping me with my first new car purchase .

Going for dinner and a ride with the mrs. tonight.

john4546 said:

Hi guys sorry could not post sooner. my computer crashed yesterday then forgot my @edmunds info,so now i'm @john4546. lol Yesterday I bought my accord sport in PA. at a local dealer Matt bourne . At first we were 300 dollars apart and i keep telling manager on the 29th then 30th I was going to NJ to buy same vehicle they had. At 1pm on Sat dealer agreed to almost 2000 below invoice price. minus a 142 doc fee if I came down to buy vehicle Sat .

I agree with @jerseydevil01 june 30th and the last day help me get pretty close to dch honda deal. I'm glad my search is over i'm content with what price I bought my Accord. And the best part was just 30 mins from my house.

Congrats jerseydevil raising my ice cold beer . Cheers and good luck to you

Thank- you mr @brian125 I'm in debt to you for your help and making phone calls for me.
    @bluemkn57cars thanks for your guidance and helping me with my first new car purchase .

Going for dinner and a ride with the mrs. tonight.

I am happy for you and your family, you got a great deal ! The help we got in this forum is awesome just like the car we just bought, blows me away and I want to thank you @john4546 for comparing notes and helping me get the car of my dreams. Enjoy dinner and I'm raising my beer to you, best of luck!

edited July 2018
    John & what ever your new #'s are . Though all you young kids were good at computer stuff :disappointed: well atleast you turn into a good negotiator . Nice job!.......... you / @jerseydevil01 have shown our Accord forum how to make the best possible deal by waiting , making the dealer blink 1st.

John.....One day pay it forward to someone else the knowledge & experience what you learned!

I'm curious on some of my dealer recommendations. Where did Martin Honda in DE end up pricewise? The 4 dealers in MD.................... Email me dealer info on my aol . Tks

Congrats on your deal @john4546
    As @brian125 said, pay it forward. You and @jerseydevil01 can share your experience with others on this forum.

I will keep checking in on this thread but I may not always be online. 
  • beee513beee513 Member Posts: 27

Total OTD Price $28335"

• beee513beee513 Member Posts: 27
    Which dealer in MA?
  • funkieguy1989funkieguy1989 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2018
    Please help to confirm if this is good deal to pull the trigger in new jersey
    DCM Honda 2018 Honda accord EX 1.5
    price after discount including destination-23200
    doc fees -499
    Nitro fill-199
    dmv 300
    sales tax delware 4.6 %
    on top of that $500 grad discount on downpayment.
    beee513 said:

Which dealer in MA?

I got good quotes from herb chamber but I finally bought from Bernardi in natick as they almost beated the price. But I didn't negotiated that much with Bernardi I think there was still some more room.
    edited July 2018

doc fees -499
    Nitro fill-199
    dmv 300
    sales tax delware 4.6 %

I think that's a great price. Invoice of accord EX 26021. So with a SP of 23200 its 2800$ below invoice before doc fees. Which is pretty good.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728

doc fees -499
    Nitro fill-199
    dmv 300
    sales tax delware 4.6 %

REAL sell price = 23200 + 499 (doc) + 199 (bs nitro fee) or 23898
    so more like 2100 below invoice; still excellent

dmv of 300 is too high for DE; see link
    https://www.dmv.de.gov/services/vehicle_services/other/ve_other_feechart.shtml