Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for June 2018 - 2017 Land Rover Discovery Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2018 in Land Rover

imageMonthly Update for June 2018 - 2017 Land Rover Discovery Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2017 Land Rover Discovery has a nicer interior than some of our homes and it's nearly as roomy. There's even a nifty drop-down tailgate for, well, tailgating. But we recently learned that maintaining a Discovery isn't cheap.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    LOL, a $600 oil change... I mean, it's not a $100k+ sports/supercar. It starts at $50k.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    edited July 2018
    A lot of the observations here would not be tolerated in a car costing $20K less. I guess luxurious materials and a desirable badge might be all it takes these days.
    I can't get a full feel for the terrain in the first picture but articulation doesn't look all that impressive. You can find pictures of previous versions of this car with some pretty significant articulation. Here we see a wheel pretty high in the air where a predecessor would have it closer to the ground (if not on the ground). Does this matter? I don't know. You see cars getting through tough spots in different ways. Terrain management software is doing a great job these days getting cars where they want to go with 3 (2?) wheels doing the work. But the hardware in this Discovery just seems less capable than before. And, if that's the case, how do you justify 16mpg?
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I don't think the articulation looks that great either. My 2001 Z71 Tahoe had better droop capability.