Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Clarity Price Deals and Buying Experience

jikjik Member Posts: 144
edited February 2018 in Honda

Comments

• jikjik Member Posts: 144

getting a touring price of 34731 plus TTL

How does this deal look?
    Touring

Price paid -

199 dealer fee
    2424.10 tax
    31.25 lic and fees
    37284.35 OTD

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,109
    jik said:

Touring

Price paid -

199 dealer fee
    2424.10 tax
    31.25 lic and fees
    37284.35 OTD

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP for touring is 37490 including destination
    jik said:

MSRP for touring is 37490 including destination

Seems like a good discount. Is there any sort of Federal tax credit on the Clarity?
    Did you get 1.9% financing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

there is 7500 fed credit
    some states have more but not a backward state like indiana
    I did not get any financing.
    This car can work in some other states I dont know about midwest ... there are no charging stns here.

jik said:

there is 7500 fed credit
    some states have more but not a backward state like indiana
    I did not get any financing.
    This car can work in some other states I dont know about midwest ... there are no charging stns here.

How far is your commute?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

my drive is less than 20 miles plus i have free charging station at work. I work for utility.

not talking about me personally ... generally its hard to justify the cost of car plus what is expected to be heavy maintenance expense.
    i got since wife did not want common cars ... the fact that nobody knows about clarity sold it for her.

For me the best value is an accord.
    jik said:

i got since wife did not want common cars ... the fact that nobody knows about clarity sold it for her.

For me the best value is an accord.

Congrats on the new Honda!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

i thought more will buy this car
  • css28_82r100css28_82r100 Member Posts: 1
    jik said:

my drive is less than 20 miles plus i have free charging station at work. I work for utility.

not talking about me personally ... generally its hard to justify the cost of car plus what is expected to be heavy maintenance expense.

Given my experience with my Chevy Volt, there should be very little maintenance expense for a car like this. If you can run it mainly electrically, the engine maintenance needed should be minimal.

Example, I'd plan on changing the spark plugs on my Volt @ 60k miles but that won't be for another 70 years, so no sense buying them now :)
  • su_a_vesu_a_ve Member Posts: 82
    Got what I think is a good number on a base clarity. $29300 which includes their fixed "protection package". This number would be plus doc fees, tax and tags. But includes the 1500 dealer cash discount.

Or did they screw up with this number? It is about $3700 below invoice...

Trying to lease it instead but they are playing dumb when trying to apply the 6900 lease dealer cash available.
    Unreal...
  • semenzatosemenzato Member Posts: 41
    Hi, I just bought a Clarity Touring in the San Francisco Bay Area. Price was 34,900 plus TTL. I think it's possible to go lower.
    edited July 2018
    I was able to negotiate the Costco price with the special financing. So it's 29300 including wheel locks, trunk tray and mud guards for a base model. Plus doc fees and TTL. Picking it up tomorrow and had them make sure they not only fill up the tank but also charge up the batteries.

A touring was about 3300 more. Looks like the same amount of discount from MSRP like the base model.
    su_a_ve said:

I was able to negotiate the Costco price with the special financing. So it's 29300 including wheel locks, trunk tray and mud guards for a base model. Plus doc fees and TTL. Picking it up tomorrow and had them make sure they not only fill up the tank but also charge up the batteries.

A touring was about 3300 more. Looks like the same amount of discount from MSRP like the base model.

Congrats! Let us know how it goes.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

su_a_ve said:

Picked up the car on Saturday. No pressures from finance manager or anything. 29300 plus doc fees (400), tax and title. Very smooth process and sales person went took the time to show me the car features and helped me customized it.

However, the person responsible for the final delivery inspection did not:

* Add the "tie down plugs" (four) part of the road noise mitigation
    * Fully charge the high capacity battery
    * Set the tires pressure to the correct amount - they were set to 50psi

su_a_ve said:

kyfdx said:

su_a_ve said:

Picked up the car on Saturday. No pressures from finance manager or anything. 29300 plus doc fees (400), tax and title. Very smooth process and sales person went took the time to show me the car features and helped me customized it.

However, the person responsible for the final delivery inspection did not:

* Add the "tie down plugs" (four) part of the road noise mitigation
    * Fully charge the high capacity battery
    * Set the tires pressure to the correct amount - they were set to 50psi

Glad the price worked out..

You just can't get good help, any more.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator