Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Is This a Good Deal on a Lease /2018 BMW 230i?

jezzercegjezzerceg Member Posts: 4
edited July 2018 in BMW
I am in a hurry to purchase a vehicle due to car accident. I was a previous owner of 325i, and test drove several different cars and decided to check out lease for 2018 230i, a fleet car with less than 4000 miles this is what I was getting. $504 for the lease payment with tax, license and fees included, no money down, and first payment included in the deal, for 36/12,000K deal for 35 payments. Not sure if this is a good deal as I am getting in this $3250 in rebates and some reduction in price. The residual is $20107, the MRSP on this car was $40425.00, and $34688.00 is capitalized cost. I did not get MF in this case but just not sure if this is good deal. Thank you!
Tagged:

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    jezzerceg said:

I am in a hurry to purchase a vehicle due to car accident. I was a previous owner of 325i, and test drove several different cars and decided to check out lease for 2018 230i, a fleet car with less than 4000 miles this is what I was getting. $504 for the lease payment with tax, license and fees included, no money down, and first payment included in the deal, for 36/12,000K deal for 35 payments. Not sure if this is a good deal as I am getting in this $3250 in rebates and some reduction in price. The residual is $20107, the MRSP on this car was $40425.00, and $34688.00 is capitalized cost. I did not get MF in this case but just not sure if this is good deal. Thank you!

What is your location?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jezzercegjezzerceg Member Posts: 4
    Southern Cal, 90046
    I test drove several cars i330, i430, x5, i230, m240i, i3, then Alpha Romeo Guilia Ti AWD, MB C300. I am used to driving manual and 325i was perfect size and handling. Now, series 2 seems better to my driving style and especially Alpha but not sure if I want to get into those waters. I do drive a lot of city driving all around LA.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    jezzerceg said:

I test drove several cars i330, i430, x5, i230, m240i, i3, then Alpha Romeo Guilia Ti AWD, MB C300. I am used to driving manual and 325i was perfect size and handling. Now, series 2 seems better to my driving style and especially Alpha but not sure if I want to get into those waters. I do drive a lot of city driving all around LA.

Yeah.. you can't get a stick shift on the Alfa.

.00166 MF and 52% residual
    $2500 lease credit

With $0 due at signing, the payment calculation looks correct.

Your deal seems about average. You might be able to squeeze another $25/mo. out of it.
    Unfortunately, the 2-Series has fairly low residuals, when compared to a 3-Series and doesn't lease as well.
    Though, I agree it's a nice substitute for the older 3-Series

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks a lot!