Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Do I have to pay the Disposition Fee if I trade in my car?

thedean786thedean786 Member Posts: 27
edited August 2018 in General
Hello, I’m at the end of my lease and I’m looking at possibly trading it in for another vehicle. Will I have to pay Nissan the $395 Disposition Fee if I do not trade in the car for another Nissan but instead go to say, Honda to get a vehicle from them? Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Well, from our article, Looking to lease? Read our car leasing basics., the disposition fee falls under "may be negotiable":

Disposition Fee. This fee is charged by the leasing company to cover the expense of cleaning up and selling the car after you return it at lease end. Most charge between $300 and $400. You normally won’t be able to avoid this charge unless you buy the car at the end of the lease -- or, in some cases, lease another car of the same brand
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185

Hello,

I’m at the end of my lease and I’m looking at possibly trading it in for another vehicle. Will I have to pay Nissan the $395 Disposition Fee if I do not trade in the car for another Nissan but instead go to say, Honda to get a vehicle from them?

Thanks!

If the dealership actually takes your car in trade, and buys the car from Nissan Credit, then no disposition fee. But, if they just turn it back in, then you'll be on the hook for lease-end charges.

What are the chances that your vehicle is worth more than the residual?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator