Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Toyota RAV4 Purchasing Deals and Prices

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
edited January 2018 in Toyota
Discuss pricing for the 2018 RAV4, here!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• ocmomlifeocmomlife Member Posts: 13
    edited January 2018
    Hi guys. Is this a good deal? I'm in So Cal - 92656. This is for my mother in law who needs a bigger car to cart our toddlers around while we're at work.

2018 Rav4 XLE
    Sticker: $26,963 (includes All weather floor liners + mudguards, delivery, p+c)

Selling Price: $23,673
    OTD Price: $25,991

Putting down $3500 from selling an old Nisaan to Carmax, so it will be $22,491 financed.

Thoughts?
  • 2y4life2y4life Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2018
    New here and was hoping to see as many 2018 purchasing posts as there was for 2017.

So I live in North Carolina and am looking for a base LE. This is the best price I've found so far:

Dealer Price: $21,703
    OTD Price: $23,103

Based on everything I've seen, it's a solid price and what is considered by most as a good deal. Not a killer deal but a solid one. I know a killer deal would be in the neighborhood of $20K even for the dealer price but I'm not getting ripped off
    ocmomlife said:

Hi guys. Is this a good deal? I'm in So Cal - 92656. This is for my mother in law who needs a bigger car to cart our toddlers around while we're at work.

2018 Rav4 XLE
    Sticker: $26,963 (includes All weather floor liners + mudguards, delivery, p+c)

Selling Price: $23,673
    OTD Price: $25,991

Putting down $3500 from selling an old Nisaan to Carmax, so it will be $22,491 financed.

Thoughts?

Looking around, I think that's more than fair, the sale price of $23,673. The OTD price varies so much it's almost unfair to compare since tax in the US ranges from 0% all the way up to 9.8%. With that said, I think your OTD price is excellent. Did you end up buying?
    Update:

Just picked up an LE FWD with
    - Fog lights
    - All weather mats
    - Additional USB ports in rear
    - Door edge/ledge/rear hatch paint protection
    - Window tint of my choice (darkness)
    - Roof rails
    - Phantom footprints.

Tax is 3% here in NC. I think I got a really good deal all things considered.

MSRP: $26,674
    Dealer Price: $20,659
    OTD Price: $22,250

A savings off the MSRP of $4,424 or 16.59% off MSRP
  • nooneegnooneeg Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    I have a question regarding the configuration of 2018 RAV4 SE AWD. I have went to two dealers to test drive the 2018 RAV4 SE AWD but the configurations are very different. I understand there are additional packages can be added on, but I think my this is beyond that.
    The first car I test drive: This car comes with heated power steering wheel and backup camera with projected path dynamic gridlines, which I believe are the standard features of the SE model.

The other one I tested drive at the other dealer: This one DOES NOT have heated power steering wheel and the backup camera only has static gridlines, instead of dynamic gridlines.

I came to Toyota offical website and downloaded the RAV4 eBrochure, and it says backup camera with dynamic gridline is listed S (standard) for SE models. My question would be :
    Is Toyota making this variations during manufacturing (some cars have heated power steering wheel and backup camera with dynamic gridline removed?) or did the local dealer do something?
  • hondaxyhondaxy Member Posts: 2
    Is there a time frame when Toyota gives a rebate? We were at a dealer today with no intentions to talk numbers. Just to see if the Rav 4 was a good fit for my wife. We test drove a Hybrid Limited with the JBL and Nav package. With out too much talking he ran some numbers for us. $31500. Looking over the 2017 Rav4 prices paid forum, it seems they got better deals during the last quarter of the year. We are in no hurry to buy and will wait for the best price. Located in CT. Thanks for any help.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    hondaxy said:

Is there a time frame when Toyota gives a rebate? We were at a dealer today with no intentions to talk numbers. Just to see if the Rav 4 was a good fit for my wife. We test drove a Hybrid Limited with the JBL and Nav package. With out too much talking he ran some numbers for us. $31500. Looking over the 2017 Rav4 prices paid forum, it seems they got better deals during the last quarter of the year. We are in no hurry to buy and will wait for the best price. Located in CT. Thanks for any help.

The end of the model year (late summer, early fall) usually brings out the best deals and incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    @insouthernca

That document says the MSRP is $29,885, not $31,813.

No mention of the selling price.. A lot of numbers that don't make a lot of sense.
    And, a lot of missing numbers.

Also, the price of GAP insurance is negotiable. I had a Toyota dealer offer it to me for $225, just this past summer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• insoutherncainsouthernca Member Posts: 17
    @kyfdx Do you see my original post? I don't see in the thread. The MSRP of $31,813 was from the specs of the vehicle we are discussing. They have $31,813 as the Capitalized Cost. Thank you for letting me know about the GAP insurance. They originally quoted me $895 and I asked if they could do better and they went down to $795.
    Am I calculating my payment incorrectly? I do have a previous lease with them and it does not look like this....

@kyfdx Do you see my original post? I don't see in the thread. The MSRP of $31,813 was from the specs of the vehicle we are discussing. They have $31,813 as the Capitalized Cost. Thank you for letting me know about the GAP insurance. They originally quoted me $895 and I asked if they could do better and they went down to $795.
    Am I calculating my payment incorrectly? I do have a previous lease with them and it does not look like this....

No.. it looks like your post is gone.. maybe, you deleted it by mistake?

Try posting it again.

Your calculations were good from what you stated, they just didn't match up with the numbers in the document.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Reposting because I don't see my post in the original thread re Rav4 SE 36 months 12k

Numbers I got from dealership were: MSRP $31813, $4,000 in rebates, MF of .00001, residual of $18,133, GAP $795, Acquisition $650.

From those numbers I calculated a monthly payment o f$309.50 + 10.25% tax = $341.22

Then they sent me this and said the payment was $363.86.

I want to make sure I calculated my payments correctly.

I was told from the dealer: "I spoke to management the system by Toyota can not be wrong that how we structure every vehicle for lease I did email you the way it was structured. The way you have done it dose not work with dealership and Toyota financial lease programs." Are they full of s**t? Or am I just not seeing something here?

Reposting because I don't see my post in the original thread re Rav4 SE 36 months 12k

Numbers I got from dealership were: MSRP $31813, $4,000 in rebates, MF of .00001, residual of $18,133, GAP $795, Acquisition $650.

From those numbers I calculated a monthly payment o f$309.50 + 10.25% tax = $341.22

Then they sent me this and said the payment was $363.86.

I want to make sure I calculated my payments correctly.

I was told from the dealer: "I spoke to management the system by Toyota can not be wrong that how we structure every vehicle for lease I did email you the way it was structured. The way you have done it dose not work with dealership and Toyota financial lease programs." Are they full of s**t? Or am I just not seeing something here?

The residual (57%) does match the $31,813 number.
    But, nothing else makes sense. The MSRP is MSRP, not the Capitalized Cost.
    The rebates aren't shown, anywhere.. Nothing is labeled as "selling price" or "agreed value".
    The payment isn't broken out by Payment + tax = total payment.
    The numbers in the right hand column don't add up to the drive-off. They all seem random and just thrown in there. Maybe, there is a page missing?

That form they sent you isn't an actual TFS deal sheet or screenshot. If it was, it would have all of that information on it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@kyfdx Thanks for your input. This was all they sent me. Hate this BS with dealerships, but not about to let them screw me over. Stay tuned!
  • hondafanboyhondafanboy Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2018
    Hi, helping in law purchasing XLE 2wd with power plus package. Tax in Texas is 6.25%. What is the good price to get. Quote I have been getting is with more expensive power premium package or basic package. 

So far I got a few quotes
    1) $25310 + TTL (With power premium package), Costco deal
    2) 27000 otd  (With power premium package)
    3) 22529 + TTL (with basic value package)

We are looking to purchase in May, what is the most historic manufacturer rebate? $2000?

I purchase Honda most of the time where they offer by trim level. I am quite confuse with the package Toyota/dealer offers.  

If anyone has the option code can provide, I would appreciate it.
  • hondafanboyhondafanboy Member Posts: 5
    Just bought one a few days ago.
    2018 XLE with value plus package.
    OTD 24500. Tax in Texas is 6/25%

No other dealer was able to match this, the next closest I got is $1000 more.
  • mgrmitchmgrmitch Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2018
    Can I get the MV and RV on a 2018 RAV4 XLE AWD for 24 months with 15k per month. I am in Mass

Thanks in Advance
    mgrmitch said:

Can I get the MV and RV on a 2018 RAV4 XLE AWD for 24 months with 15k per month. I am in Mass

Thanks in Advance

.00001 MF and 63% residual
    $1750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chandrab2chandrab2 Member Posts: 1
    Guys, I want to buy 2018 RAV4 XLE AWD in next 2 weeks in cleveland, oh area. What is the best price i should pay.
  • carbonaracarbonara Member Posts: 2
    I went to a dealer in NJ, the price the gave me was $25300 on a MSRP $29956. RAV4 XLE AWD.
    we haven't talk about if i want to lease or finance the car. I want to lease the car. I wonder is this a good price for the selling price or not?
    and i want to trade in my car. I want to know when will be a good time to talk about trade-in and lease details?
    Thank You
  • kal2000kal2000 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2018
    Hey!

I'm new here and this is my experience leasing my first ever car which is an LE FWD! I had no prior experience and I had not much time for shopping around. I went to the closest dealer which is 5 min drive from me.

My city sale tax is 8.00 %.

The lease offer was 229/m with 2000 down.

I said I want 220 with 1000 down OTD.

They said yes but I realized it wasn't covering excess wear and GAP.

so it ended up 235/m with 1000 down OTD (including excess wear and GAP(750 + 325 )

I sat for them to do what ever adjustments they want and didn't care about ANYTHING ELSE as I don't want to buy out the car at the end of the lease. But anyway this is the break down for you:

vehicle value 22,763
    tax 620
    acquisition 650
    document 250
    title etc. 88
    Gross Capitalized Cost 25,445
    residual 14,495

Please share your lease experience!!!
    Specifically I want to know your residual value because that might be their tricky number.

P.S: I had a 2002 corolla. they offered trade in for 650. I sold it on OfferUp for 2500 CASH, the very next day I listed it!!!! lesson learned!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    kal2000 said:

Hey!

I'm new here and this is my experience leasing my first ever car which is an LE FWD! I had no prior experience and I had not much time for shopping around. I went to the closest dealer which is 5 min drive from me.

My city sale tax is 8.00 %.

The lease offer was 229/m with 2000 down.

I said I want 220 with 1000 down OTD.

They said yes but I realized it wasn't covering excess wear and GAP.

so it ended up 235/m with 1000 down OTD (including excess wear and GAP(750 + 325 )

I sat for them to do what ever adjustments they want and didn't care about ANYTHING ELSE as I don't want to buy out the car at the end of the lease. But anyway this is the break down for you:

vehicle value 22,763
    tax 620
    acquisition 650
    document 250
    title etc. 88
    Gross Capitalized Cost 25,445
    residual 14,495

Please share your lease experience!!!
    Specifically I want to know your residual value because that might be their tricky number.

P.S: I had a 2002 corolla. they offered trade in for 650. I sold it on OfferUp for 2500 CASH, the very next day I listed it!!!! lesson learned!

Actually, the dealer has no control over the residual value; the bank sets the residual rate. What you do have control over is the negotiated price.

Good for you for selling your old car on your own.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ramtwentyoneramtwentyone Member Posts: 9
    Can I get the MF and RV on a 2018 RAV4 LE AWD @ 93560, 24mo/18k, 36/18k, 48/18k?
    Thank you!

Can I get the MF and RV on a 2018 RAV4 LE AWD @ 93560, 24mo/18k, 36/18k, 48/18k?
    Thank you!

Please re-post in the lease discussion, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/48763/toyota/rav4/2018-toyota-rav4-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ispksasispksas Member Posts: 3
    Test comment
    ispksas said:

Test comment

I see it! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wbadwbad Member Posts: 20
    Im in the Buffalo NY area. It seems the best deals in the past(atleaset with Nissan) have been down the road in the Rochester area.
    We are now looking to purchase RAV 4 or CRV within next the next week. Or may just wait for the 2019 RAV4. It looks like there is $1500 back from Toyota currently
    The local inventory on the RAV 4 LE that we are looking for is massive..
    Looking at 2018 LE AWD that has MSRP of $27,244. Take off that $1500 and its $25,744 before tax and doc fees. What would be a very good/great deal to shoot for as of now before tax and doc fees?
  • Theanhdy Theanhdy Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2018
    Rav4 Hybrid 

24/10 or 24/12, CA 91311 please. Thanks 

Rav4 Hybrid 

24/10 or 24/12, CA 91311 please. Thanks 

Please post in the lease discussion, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/48763/toyota/rav4/2018-toyota-rav4-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• laj0217laj0217 Member Posts: 7
    Hi All!

Buying a new car (first one I've purchased, not my parents) and trying to figure out what is reasonable to request as an OTD price for a RAV4 XLE, SE, or Limited. I was told they are expecting the 2019s in a few weeks and are trying to make room/ready to make a deal. It could just be sales talk, but the 2019s should be in soon, so hoping that factors into a reduced price.

I am not worried about a car that is technically a year old when I drive off the lot. I keep cars until they do not drive anymore, so re-sale value/being a year older is not as much of a concern as initial purchase price.

Current Sales Prices online:
    Limited FWD: $32,150 - $3,125 sale = $29,025
    SE FWD: $32,431 - $3,117 = $29,314 (also has incentive $1,000 cash back offer)
    XLE w/ power plus package, FWD: $28,379 - $3,087 = $25,292

All of the options currently have a deal for 0% APR financing for 4 years, which I should qualify for with a credit score over 800. I also plan to put down between $12,000-$16,000 depending on final purchase price.

I initially thought around $25,000 for the XLE might be reasonable (they quoted me around $29,000 when I test drove it), but now I'm thinking I might be able to get a better price or go up a trim value for additional niceties (heated seats, power lift gate).

What kind of deals have other people been getting this late in the year? Is it worth it to wait for special deals on Black Friday? Any suggestions on a fair offer?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help!!
  • Phahs951Phahs951 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, 

Just bought a 2018 RAV4 LE AWD. We haggled the price down to $22,000 OTD. In Maryland at least they are giving you a option of getting a $3,000 rebate on the car or taking a 1.9% loan. I was wonder if we got a good deal? Think the MSRP of the car was almost $28,000

Thanks!
    Phahs951 said:

Hi, 

Just bought a 2018 RAV4 LE AWD. We haggled the price down to $22,000 OTD. In Maryland at least they are giving you a option of getting a $3,000 rebate on the car or taking a 1.9% loan. I was wonder if we got a good deal? Think the MSRP of the car was almost $28,000

Thanks!

I guess you took the rebate?

Looks like a good deal. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• buyrav4buyrav4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Phahs951

That is a good price.
    could you reveal which dealer you bought from ? I would buy one if I could get the same deal. I am in Maryland too.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks!
    buyrav4 said:

Hi Phahs951

That is a good price.
    could you reveal which dealer you bought from ? I would buy one if I could get the same deal. I am in Maryland too.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks!

Seems like a lot of car for $22K. Does that include sales tax?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bdodbdod Member Posts: 13
    Hi all, my dad is looking to purchase a new 2018 Rav4 XLE AWD. What would be a good price for it (looking to buy near the end of the year) considering end of the month/year and model year? Thank you.
    bdod said:

Hi all, my dad is looking to purchase a new 2018 Rav4 XLE AWD. What would be a good price for it (looking to buy near the end of the year) considering end of the month/year and model year? Thank you.

While waiting for a response, you can research pricing, here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Redmoon2019Redmoon2019 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I'm looking for Toyota Rav4 XLE 2018, What OTD price in northern Virginia or Maryland
  • Redmoon2019Redmoon2019 Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I'm looking for Toyota Rav4 XLE 2018 AWD, What OTD price in northern Virginia or Maryland

Hello,

I'm looking for Toyota Rav4 XLE 2018 AWD, What OTD price in northern Virginia or Maryland

While waiting for someone to chime in, you can research pricing, here:
    https://www.edmunds.com/tmv.html

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kawpikatkawpikat Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019
    I purchased last Thursday (a couple days after Christmas) a new 2018 RAV4 LE FWD with all-weather mats and cargo tray + roof rails for $21,676 OTD in Chicago. In hindsight, I know I could've negotiated more discount after learning how the dealer mark-up, holdback, rebates, and sales target bonuses work. If you're still in the market, you can get this car for $19,500 - $20,000 OTD probably.
  • cars4mecars4me Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019
    kawpikat said:
    I purchased last Thursday (a couple days after Christmas) a new 2018 RAV4 LE FWD with all-weather mats and cargo tray + roof rails for $21,676 OTD in Chicago. In hindsight, I know I could've negotiated more discount after learning how the dealer mark-up, holdback, rebates, and sales target bonuses work. If you're still in the market, you can get this car for $19,500 - $20,000 OTD probably.

I'm in the Chicago area, (NW burbs) called multiple dealers today for cheapest let fwd 2018, and they only going down to 23k. Is there a specific strategy you used or a certain dealer that gave you a good deal? 20k OTD would be perfect for me but they aren't offering as competitive prices even with the 3k cash back rebate.

• new2018RAVnew2018RAV Member Posts: 2
    Hi there. Wanted to share my recent experience. While being on the market for RAV4 or similar the main issues I came across is lack of inventory for 2018 RAV4. Out of 10 dealerships only 3 had few cars in stock, and another 3 offered to order it if I put down payment meaning they were willing to buy/ trade with other dealerships. I searched for LE with no packages, basic model. Tried Costco Auto Program too and not really impressed with the price. I am in FL and was getting OTD just under $25K which seemed too high.

The lowest I was able to bring OTD price was $22,700 and it includes taxes, fees, everything. I had no trade-in, not sure it helped though. On one hand knowing brand new 2019 just came up completely redesigned I knew I could get a good deal on 2018 models, but the deal I've got doesn't seems too good based on previous comment when $19,500-20,000 was suggested for OTD.

Hi there. Wanted to share my recent experience. While being on the market for RAV4 or similar the main issues I came across is lack of inventory for 2018 RAV4. Out of 10 dealerships only 3 had few cars in stock, and another 3 offered to order it if I put down payment meaning they were willing to buy/ trade with other dealerships. I searched for LE with no packages, basic model. Tried Costco Auto Program too and not really impressed with the price. I am in FL and was getting OTD just under $25K which seemed too high.

The lowest I was able to bring OTD price was $22,700 and it includes taxes, fees, everything. I had no trade-in, not sure it helped though. On one hand knowing brand new 2019 just came up completely redesigned I knew I could get a good deal on 2018 models, but the deal I've got doesn't seems too good based on previous comment when $19,500-20,000 was suggested for OTD.

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• new2018RAVnew2018RAV Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2019

What is the MSRP?

The window sticker had MSRP shown as $25,995.
    Sale Price was $19,900
    OTD was $22,700

I've got few extras like roof railing, mud splash guards, all weather floor mats, tint windows, and 4 year maintenance too.

What is the MSRP?

The window sticker had MSRP shown as $25,995.
    Sale Price was $19,900
    OTD was $22,700

I've got few extras like roof railing, mud splash guards, all weather floor mats, tint windows, and 4 year maintenance too.

Looks good. Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jarkjark Member Posts: 90
    Xle 2wd with 1500 miles as dealer demo .msrp 29069.  I Offered 22100, but they countered with a 24298.   Since we are so far apart in price, was hoping to get input. Is my offer realistic?   Supply is thinning out here in Los Angeles.
  • chipchewiechipchewie Member Posts: 19
    Grabbed a black/black 2018 hybrid XLE yesterday. Decent lease deal. 36/12, 28,600 OTD. Some lease cash, some other stuff, 0 down/drive off, 359 a mo, 35 payments, etc.

Grabbed a black/black 2018 hybrid XLE yesterday. Decent lease deal. 36/12, 28,600 OTD. Some lease cash, some other stuff, 0 down/drive off, 359 a mo, 35 payments, etc.

Congrats! Thanks for the report

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator