Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• rathebedrivingrathebedriving Member Posts: 8
    tonyg2016 said:

out-the-door price includes everything - tax, fees, and overpriced dealer add-ons.

24460 + 1389 + 1800 = 27649

where does the 23200 come in? if that is what you paid instead of 27649, then well done.

Paid 23200
  • preternaturalpreternatural Member Posts: 61
    Today’s purchase white 2018 EX-L 2.0 with black interior. I shopped for the last month, went to a few dealerships in person across a couple states (GA, SC, NC) I’m in the military and traveling so it wasn’t too far out my way. Walked in and they offered me full sticker. I told them no thank you. I proceeded to my car and when I looked up the salesman and sales manager were at my door. I went back in and let them know I had multiple online-email offers from other dealers. They semi-honored one from Coggins Honda in FL. Coggins offered $26860 but they put about $1900 in accessories on their cars. I didn’t add any additional addons or coverages. Wasn’t my intent to trade in my car because I had a carmax apprasial already done earlier in the week. Carmax offered me $10,500 for my 2014 Ford Fusion SE with 55,000 miles. They said they wanted my car and I said they had to meet or beat the amount Carmax gave me. Dealer came back with $10,200 but after the trade in credit of $300 for trading my car (NC sales tax is %3 of final sale price or sales price minus trade in amount), I went ahead and sold my car to the dealer. 

sales price $27317
    doc fee $699
    state and local fees $840
    total license fee $89 
    total cash price $28945 

DP $1500 
    Honda financing military discount  $500 

bryan Honda in Fayetteville, NC. 
  • shajid_88shajid_88 Member Posts: 5
    I am shopping for 2018 Sports. I live in Oklahoma and the lowest here I got is 23.9K + TTL. I inquired in Chicago area and they are willing to give me 22.5k + TTL. Even when I offer this price to Oklahoma dealers they are very surprised and refused to match. I am wondering if it is a good idea to buy from Chicago and drove it back to Oklahoma. Any suggestions?     
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited August 2018
    shajid_88 said:

I am shopping for 2018 Sports. I live in Oklahoma and the lowest here I got is 23.9K + TTL. I inquired in Chicago area and they are willing to give me 22.5k + TTL. Even when I offer this price to Oklahoma dealers they are very surprised and refused to match. I am wondering if it is a good idea to buy from Chicago and drove it back to Oklahoma. Any suggestions?     

Is a $1400 savings worth 2 days work. I would wait till the very end of the month and see if any dealer in your area will match or beat Chicago's price . Try call / email dealers in Kansas that is closer to you than Chicago

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

If you go thru Kansas email these below dealers thru there web site then negotiate with them on pricing.

O'Neill, Sharp , Honda of Olathe, Jack Ellena

• shajid_88shajid_88 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks brian125. The typical response I am getting from dealer is "This is Shervin with O'Neill Honda. I received your inquiry on the Honda Accord Sport. $22400 is not a realistic offer for us. If a dealer is giving you that price go right ahead and buy it because that is the best number I've ever seen on that car. Thank you for the opportunity if anything changes on your part let me know so I know how I can be of assistance." This is pretty much common to all the dealer around me. Where as Chicago dealers are competitive. They come up with some price. But you are right I can wait.

shajid_88 said:

Thanks brian125. The typical response I am getting from dealer is "This is Shervin with O'Neill Honda. I received your inquiry on the Honda Accord Sport. $22400 is not a realistic offer for us. If a dealer is giving you that price go right ahead and buy it because that is the best number I've ever seen on that car. Thank you for the opportunity if anything changes on your part let me know so I know how I can be of assistance." This is pretty much common to all the dealer around me. Where as Chicago dealers are competitive. They come up with some price. But you are right I can wait.

Point the car East my good man ................Its road trip time!

• lukeo44lukeo44 Member Posts: 3
    New 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0T Silver

Hey guys,

Posting out of the Northern VA area. I’ve gotten 2 OTD prices of $29,800 from 2 dealerships. Thanks to research from this forum and the driveAccord, I think this is a good deal. I just wanted to get perspective on the offers.

thanks.

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    lukeo44 said:

Hey guys,

Posting out of the Northern VA area. I’ve gotten 2 OTD prices of $29,800 from 2 dealerships. Thanks to research from this forum and the driveAccord, I think this is a good deal. I just wanted to get perspective on the offers.

thanks.

We need a price breakdown. What is the sale price? Any rebates? Accessories/dealer add-one? Doc fees? Etc...
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    lukeo44 said:

Hey guys,

thanks.

We need a price breakdown. What is the sale price? Any rebates? Accessories/dealer add-one? Doc fees? Etc...
    Sorry man, I haven’t actually spoken to anyone in the finance department just salesmen over the phone. I’ve been preapproved by my credit union so I just needed an OTD price that was fair. I told him I need the final price to include all taxes, fees, destination charges, etc.  

Im not providing any trade ins or money down. The salesman stated there’s  no additional accessories/addons besides what’s already included with the EX-L trim...only incentive was a free oil change lol.
    MSRP on their site is $32,860
  • sevans583sevans583 Member Posts: 6
    Shajid88, that's what I kept getting too. Found a used 2018 Sport at a Chevy dealer - had 2,300 miles on it. An older lady bought it, and decided she missed having an SUV, so she traded in after 2 months.

Price: $21,900
    OTD: 22,690

Drove one at the local Honda dealership last night that had 9k miles on it. The dealer basically said I would be better off buying brand new, as they probably wouldn't go below 24-25k on it.
  • preternaturalpreternatural Member Posts: 61
    lukeo44 said:

Hey guys,

thanks.

Look at my post a couple before yours. Then ask yourself if it’s a good deal.
    lukeo44 said:
    lukeo44 said:

Hey guys,

thanks.

Sorry man, I haven’t actually spoken to anyone in the finance department just salesmen over the phone. I’ve been preapproved by my credit union so I just needed an OTD price that was fair. I told him I need the final price to include all taxes, fees, destination charges, etc.  

Im not providing any trade ins or money down. The salesman stated there’s  no additional accessories/addons besides what’s already included with the EX-L trim...only incentive was a free oil change lol.
    I understand. If it were me, I would rather know the sale price of the car. It will help others looking to buy a similar car in their state by comparing and see whether they are getting a fair deal, since doc fees, title & registration fees, and sales tax (6.25% in MA) vary by state. 

Good luck. 
  • geraltriviageraltrivia Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

I am interested in Accord Lx CVT sedan. I have contacted several dealers online, and the best price I got is 21300 TTL and 23650 OTD. What is the goal price I should pursue in negotiating? I live in San Jose, California, where the MSRP is 24465 and the factory invoice is 22700

Thanks for your help in advance!
  • john4546john4546 Member Posts: 54

Hi everyone,

I am interested in Accord Lx CVT sedan. I have contacted several dealers online, and the best price I got is 21300 TTL and 23650 OTD. What is the goal price I should pursue in negotiating? I live in San Jose, California, where the MSRP is 24465 and the factory invoice is 22700

I'm no expert on pricing but i followed the advice mainly from @brian125, also very helpful was @bluemkn57cars, @jerseydevil01 negotiating at the very end of the month and not in the beginning. I did this for 4 months till i felt the price was right. Pricing ranged from $400 to 1000 more when I sent out requests in beginning of the month. I found dealerships pricing better and where more eager to deal with me at the end of the month , The key most buying gurus will tell you let dealer know you will buy on that day if both agree on a sale price. I also learned walking in an out of dealerships was a big waste of my time getting a good price. Find your vehicle on dealers parking lot and deal with them online or thru the internet dept / manager. Best if you read prior listings above for pricing in your area i cant help you with that. Good Luck

• robster21robster21 Member Posts: 69
    Hi- Looking for MF & RV for 2018 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual & Auto. Located in Boston (02129)

12k/24months
    15k/24months
    If these terms are avail
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    robster21 said:

Hi- Looking for MF & RV for 2018 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual & Auto. Located in Boston (02129)

12k/24months
    15k/24months
    If these terms are avail

Hi... please post in the Lease Questions discussion, here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/48615/honda/accord/2018-honda-accord-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• geraltriviageraltrivia Member Posts: 2
    john4546 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm no expert on pricing but i followed the advice mainly from @brian125, also very helpful was @bluemkn57cars, @jerseydevil01 negotiating at the very end of the month and not in the beginning. I did this for 4 months till i felt the price was right. Pricing ranged from $400 to 1000 more when I sent out requests in beginning of the month. I found dealerships pricing better and where more eager to deal with me at the end of the month , The key most buying gurus will tell you let dealer know you will buy on that day if both agree on a sale price. I also learned walking in an out of dealerships was a big waste of my time getting a good price. Find your vehicle on dealers parking lot and deal with them online or thru the internet dept / manager. Best if you read prior listings above for pricing in your area i cant help you with that. Good Luck

Thanks for the advise! Maybe I should wait til the end of this month.
    Just got a big promotion at work ive been waiting for. I'm now SR. project Manager. Told my wife lets get rid of the older car we could do his / hers Accords. I can hold out until Oct maybe Nov for a left over 2018 or if pricing is right go for a 2019. Any thoughts where pricing may be w/ 2019 model in NOV, or Dec ?
    john4546 said:

Just got a big promotion at work ive been waiting for. I'm now SR. project Manager. Told my wife lets get rid of the older car we could do his / hers Accords. I can hold out until Oct maybe Nov for a left over 2018 or if pricing is right go for a 2019. Any thoughts where pricing may be w/ 2019 model in NOV, or Dec ?

Congrats on the promotion. As far as pricing goes, that's a tough one. It all depends on a few factors:
    • Inventory (supply and demand)
    • Honda incentives
    • Dealer pricing in your area
    Since you are no rookie, your best bet is to keep watching pricing for the trim you are looking to purchase for your wife. My only advice is not to wait too long into the fall to purchase a 2018 model, since your preferred color combination might be hard to find.

Good luck.
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    john4546 said:

Congrats on the promotion ! When the 2018 came out last October the sales promotions were targeted in nov and dec at clearing the lots of the 2017's. The sales of the current accords are still the lowest in 4 years but it still seems like honda is taking baby steps in lowering prices. If they offer flex on the 2019's it may come in feb or march like they did this past year
    I'm still a rookie but with a swagger now @blue, lol. thinking 3000k under the invoice would be a great pick up on a 2018 model. going to tread water and wait, i'm sure finding a white or black accord shouldn't be to hard to find . If i have to drive up to MA this time i will... tks for posting, good points Blue and Jerseydevil
    john4546 said:

I'm still a rookie but with a swagger now @blue, lol. thinking 3000k under the invoice would be a great pick up on a 2018 model. going to tread water and wait, i'm sure finding a white or black accord shouldn't be to hard to find . If i have to drive up to MA this time i will... tks for posting, good points Blue and Jerseydevil

$3k might be a tall order in MA, but if you wait long enough you might get close that number maybe in November/December. Anything is possible.
    john4546 said:

John

Now that the doe is rolling in.................... I would wait till the end of Dec Go for the 2019 model .

The Super- Bowl of car buying is the very end of DEC . Should be fun watching you sweat another deal out..

Congrats on your promotion save some $$$ for your kids college tuition. I just was reading college costs across the country in Kiplinger's mag ...OMG

brian125 said:

john4546 said:

John

Now that the doe is rolling in.................... I would wait till the end of Dec Go for the 2019 model .

The Super- Bowl of car buying is the very end of DEC . Should be fun watching you sweat another deal out..

Where do u think pricing will be at the end of the year for 2018 model? You think a 2019 might be a better buy?
    What states should I be targeting ?
    Your right this may be my last new car purchase with saving for college
    End of the year 2018 models $2500 to 3k below invoice depending on area. If I cant afford paying Invoice price to $500 below invoice for a 2019 model then the 2018.......... is your girl ! MA to MD is a good target area that's within driving or train distance.

Last years 2017 thread some buyers in CA had deals over 3000 below the Invoice price. hopefully i can get close in oct. to that number. If i wait till the very end of the year a 2019 might be a better choice but i will wait and see . Good stuff thanks Brian
  • chelsea23chelsea23 Member Posts: 21
    Anyone know if the tariffs are going to affect Accord prices? and if so about how much and when does it kick in?
    chelsea23 said:

Anyone know if the tariffs are going to affect Accord prices? and if so about how much and when does it kick in?

If the tariffs happen it is estimated that the accord will be $1,178 more. This is a big "if" https://www.cbsnews.com/news/heres-what-trumps-auto-tariffs-might-cost-you/
  • ny_sxny_sx Member Posts: 139
    May I please get the RV, MF, incentives/lease cash/hold-backs/rebates for a Touring 2.0, 36/10 and 36/12 in zip 10510? Thanks!
    john4546 said:

Last years 2017 thread some buyers in CA had deals over 3000 below the Invoice price. hopefully i can get close in oct. to that number. If i wait till the very end of the year a 2019 might be a better choice but i will wait and see . Good stuff thanks Brian

There were great deals on 2017 models last year, given the release of a redesigned model. You may be able to get close to $2500 in MA before the end of the year on 2018 models, but MD might have better pricing. Time will tell.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,997
    ny_sx said:

May I please get the RV, MF, incentives/lease cash/hold-backs/rebates for a Touring 2.0, 36/10 and 36/12 in zip 10510? Thanks!

The Accord lease thread can be found here:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/48615/honda/accord/2018-honda-accord-lease-deals-and-prices#latest

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• TomSayesTomSayes Member Posts: 5
    Newbie here. In the market for a 2018 Accord EX. I'm in NJ. The best quote received so far is 26,500 out of the door. (Includes TTL, Destination, Documentation and Dealer Accessories). Should I settle for this or can it get any better?

Thanks for you help!

Tom
  • Arpan GandhiArpan Gandhi Member Posts: 8
    TomSayes said:
    Newbie here. In the market for a 2018 Accord EX. I'm in NJ. The best quote received so far is 26,500 out of the door. (Includes TTL, Destination, Documentation and Dealer Accessories). Should I settle for this or can it get any better? Thanks for you help! Tom

Break it down for us
    What's in dealer accessories?

TomSayes said:

Newbie here. In the market for a 2018 Accord EX. I'm in NJ. The best quote received so far is 26,500 out of the door. (Includes TTL, Destination, Documentation and Dealer Accessories). Should I settle for this or can it get any better?

Thanks for you help!

Tom

Break it down for us
    What's in dealer accessories?

The accessories are -

- Tinted Glass
    - Wheel Locks
    - Edge Guard
    - Floor Mats
  • ny_sxny_sx Member Posts: 139
    Michaell said:

ny_sx said:

The Accord lease thread can be found here:

Sorry, I knew that. Brain fart....
    TomSayes said:

Thanks for you help!

Tom

To help us evaluate your deal, we need the following:
    1. Sale price of the car before any incentives
    2. Any rebates/incentives
    3. Dealer doc fees
    4. Cost of accessories
    5. Any other fees (not license and registration)
    edited August 2018

TomSayes said:

Thanks for you help!

Tom

3. Dealer doc fees
    4. Cost of accessories
    MSRP: 28,345
    Discount: 5,000
    Sale Price: 23,345
    Pro Pack: 699
    TTL: 1456
    Documentation and Destination: 1000

Total : 26,500/-
    TomSayes said:

TomSayes said:

Thanks for you help!

Tom

3. Dealer doc fees
    4. Cost of accessories

Destination of 890 is already included in the msrp so the 5000 discount is misleading. You should also be able to get a deal where the propack is included because it is not that costly to the dealer
    edited August 2018

TomSayes said:

TomSayes said:

Thanks for you help!

Tom

3. Dealer doc fees
    4. Cost of accessories

Destination of 890 is already included in the msrp so the 5000 discount is misleading. You should also be able to get a deal where the propack is included because it is not that costly to the dealer
    How much lower is realistic? lower 25K?

Thanks for all your help.
  • tonyg2016tonyg2016 Member Posts: 728
    26000 is reasonable, 25500 might be a stretch.
    edited August 2018
    TomSayes said:
    Newbie here. In the market for a 2018 Accord EX. I'm in NJ. The best quote received so far is 26,500 out of the door. (Includes TTL, Destination, Documentation and Dealer Accessories). Should I settle for this or can it get any better? Thanks for you help! Tom
    3. Dealer doc fees
    4. Cost of accessories
    MSRP: 28,345 Discount: 5,000 Sale Price: 23,345 Pro Pack: 699 TTL: 1456 Documentation and Destination: 1000 Total : 26,500/-
    Your real sale price should be about $24,240 (including the $895 destination fee). Honda's website is showing $895 for me. From your numbers, your doc fees are $105. Is that accurate? The cost of that propack is outrageous. I would not pay more than $250/300 for floor mats, wheel locks and edge guards. The dealer should throw in the tinted windows.

Negotiate the last week/days of the month for the best deal.
    There are no dealership in NJ that has doc fee's less than $299, some $399 some higher.
    thanks for all the help.
    john4546 said:
    There are no dealership in NJ that has doc fee's less than $299, some $399 some higher.
    Maybe the newbie knows something we don't. 
  • ORJ41MORJ41M Member Posts: 2
    dmcc224 said:

salenet said:

$27,150 would be $5,710 below MSRP for that car. I don;t see how that is possible. That would more likely be for the EXL 1.5 engine

Honda Cars of Boston (date 7/11/18)

I can absolutely provide you with the Out The Door pricing for the 2018 Honda Accord Ex-L 2.0T !!! Also, the college grad or military are not included in this pricing, but with proof of graduation or military served then you most definitely quailify !

2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T $ 27,157.00
    Dealer Documentation Fee $ 398.00
    MA State Inspection Sticker $ 35.00
    Title and Registration (NEW Plates) $ 140.00
    MA State Sales Tax $ 1,722.19
    Total OTD Price $ 29,452.19
    dmcc224 Do you have contact info for the sales person that gave you that quote? I am also in New England (< 50 miles from Boston) and looking for a 2018 2.0T EXL also.

And - How do you like the car? I drove the 1.5 and 2.0 Sports this last weekend and I have a nagging feeling that the 1.5 is underpowered (couldn't tell from the test drive). Also I wanted leather and heated seats which puts me into another EXL not a Sport.

thanks
  • dmcc224dmcc224 Member Posts: 46
    ORJ41M said:

dmcc224 said:

salenet said:

$27,150 would be $5,710 below MSRP for that car. I don;t see how that is possible. That would more likely be for the EXL 1.5 engine

Honda Cars of Boston (date 7/11/18)

I can absolutely provide you with the Out The Door pricing for the 2018 Honda Accord Ex-L 2.0T !!! Also, the college grad or military are not included in this pricing, but with proof of graduation or military served then you most definitely quailify !

2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T $ 27,157.00
    Dealer Documentation Fee $ 398.00
    MA State Inspection Sticker $ 35.00
    Title and Registration (NEW Plates) $ 140.00
    MA State Sales Tax $ 1,722.19
    Total OTD Price $ 29,452.19
    dmcc224 Do you have contact info for the sales person that gave you that quote? I am also in New England (< 50 miles from Boston) and looking for a 2018 2.0T EXL also.

And - How do you like the car? I drove the 1.5 and 2.0 Sports this last weekend and I have a nagging feeling that the 1.5 is underpowered (couldn't tell from the test drive). Also I wanted leather and heated seats which puts me into another EXL not a Sport.

thanks
    Sales rep was/is Jalisa Berberena.

I don't have a 2018....yet. I've been thinking about trading up to a 2018 2.0t but my 2016 EXL V6 is all paid off. I have been keeping my ear to the ground though, for the right price I would move up to the 2018. Honda Bostons price is the best I've seen thus far.