Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

A5 Cabriolet Lease

cdwolfecdwolfe Member Posts: 18
edited August 2018 in Audi
I live in Florida and would like to know the MF and RV for a 2018 Premium + A5 Cabriolet with 36/10.

Thanks.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,053
    cdwolfe said:

I live in Florida and would like to know the MF and RV for a 2018 Premium + A5 Cabriolet with 36/10.

Thanks.

.00101 and 53%
    $2000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• cdwolfecdwolfe Member Posts: 18
    The dealer says there is no lease credit
    Also, what is the RV for 12 mo?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    cdwolfe said:

The dealer says there is no lease credit

Which makes no sense at all, as it's a consumer rebate, and they are required to disclose it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

cdwolfe said:

Also, what is the RV for 12 mo?

64%.. wouldn't make any sense to lease for 12 months, unless you like $1500/mo. payments

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

No ... 12K miles
    Final questions on the Audi. Can you confirm you only pay sales tax on the monthly lease in Florida ... not the entire purchase price? Dealer tried to tell me the sales tax was $3100 for a $51,000 sales price. Can you also confirm the MF at .00101? That seems low (2.8%).

Here is what they offered me for a 36 mo/12k lease on a 2018 A5 Cabriolet Premium + with 19" wheel package.

MSRP $56,100
    SP $51,000
    RV 52%

Would not tell me the money factor. Showed sales tax of $3100, other "documentation" fees of $1400, acquisition fee of $600 and some other miscellaneous fees and viola ...

$780/month with $3500 cash down. No $2000 rebate (the Audi website does not list this rebate).

Using a 52% RV and .00101 MF with no money down, I get a monthly payment of $755.

cdwolfe said:

No ... 12K miles

sorry... 52%
    1% less than 10K/yr number

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

cdwolfe said:

Final questions on the Audi. Can you confirm you only pay sales tax on the monthly lease in Florida ... not the entire purchase price? Dealer tried to tell me the sales tax was $3100 for a $51,000 sales price. Can you also confirm the MF at .00101? That seems low (2.8%).

Here is what they offered me for a 36 mo/12k lease on a 2018 A5 Cabriolet Premium + with 19" wheel package.

MSRP $56,100
    SP $51,000
    RV 52%

Would not tell me the money factor. Showed sales tax of $3100, other "documentation" fees of $1400, acquisition fee of $600 and some other miscellaneous fees and viola ...

$780/month with $3500 cash down. No $2000 rebate (the Audi website does not list this rebate).

Using a 52% RV and .00101 MF with no money down, I get a monthly payment of $755.

A lot of dealers will lay out all of the purchase numbers. If you look at the top of the column, it might say purchase option or cash price.

So, no the tax isn't $3100. The only upfront tax is on CAP reductions (rebates/downpayments)
    FL then taxes the monthly payment.

$895 Audi acquisition fee is mandatory.
    FL is infamous for outrageous document fees. Note the amount, and reduce your offer by the same amount.
    .00101 MF is correct. Dealers can mark it up by as much as .00125, so watch for that.

The A4 Cabriolet has a consumer rebate of $2000 bonus cash
    The program number is A1808-540M
    The dealer is required by Audi to disclose this incentive to the customer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for all the info. It is an A5 Cabriolet. Does that change the rebate bonus cash?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,053
    cdwolfe said:

Thanks for all the info. It is an A5 Cabriolet. Does that change the rebate bonus cash?

No

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

cdwolfe said:

Sorry.. that was a typo on my part. There is no A4 Cab

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator