Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Honda Accord Deals and Prices

Comments

• SCTomSCTom Member Posts: 4
    I used this site back in early 2013 to find my Accord EX-L and it was extremely useful. Now, 5+ years and 115,000 miles later, considering a 2018...if I can get a decent price. Though I lived in NC at that time, bought it in VA since Charlotte dealers wouldn't negotiate. Now living in SC, but don't mind driving up to VA or MD for a deal. Any suggestions on specific dealers to target in those states?
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited August 2018
    SCTom said:

I used this site back in early 2013 to find my Accord EX-L and it was extremely useful. Now, 5+ years and 115,000 miles later, considering a 2018...if I can get a decent price. Though I lived in NC at that time, bought it in VA since Charlotte dealers wouldn't negotiate. Now living in SC, but don't mind driving up to VA or MD for a deal. Any suggestions on specific dealers to target in those states?

I will IM you the better dealers in both states MD & VA. find your model on there website then request there best price. Buy vehicle at months end ............ you know the drill. Post back if you need more help

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

SCTom said:

Let me know what dealers I recommended in MD & VA that wont negotiate online or phone with you.

• denden530denden530 Member Posts: 7
    Please help with finding Sacramento, CA region Honda dealerships that are willing to offer their price. Thanks in advanced!
    denden530 said:

Please help with finding Sacramento, CA region Honda dealerships that are willing to offer their price. Thanks in advanced!

I would try Maita & Tracy Honda they would be the closest to you . The others are 60 to 90 miles away but worth a call. Honda of El Cerrito, Stevens creek, & Serramonte . Manly Honda is another decent dealer. Go thru there website find your model and negotiate online & via phone.

Let me know if any dealers I recommend will not negotiate online or phone thru there Int dept. / Mgr. so I could take off my list of dealerships................good luck

• IndyvwIndyvw Member Posts: 11
    Anyone make a purchase the last couple months in the Midwest area for a Accord Sport 2.0T?  I’m interested in the manual transmission, but pricing is the same so I don’t care if your purchase was for manual or auto.  Just curious what kind of deals people got near the Indy, Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky area.  Thanks for the help. 
  • kncarxyzkncarxyz Member Posts: 5
    @brian125 and all,

Could you please share honda dealers in VA and MD who can offer best prices. 
  • YuskieYuskie Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone

I'm serious about buying an Accord EX-L or EX
    Whats a good ballpark OTD (w/ taxes, reg,etc) price to shoot for ?

8% tax & $250 for titles and fees.

I read through a lot of the comments and it seems like I should start at (invoice - 2,000) + taxes & fees?
    I’m located in Cleveland, OH.

edited August 2018
    IN OH,..... reach out to Roush, Allan Nott, Hidy Honda ( I bought my 03 pilot from them years ago ) , maybe Pruitt Honda ? Closer to you try Motorcars, Waikem, Jay & Ganley

Dealerships in VA...... Landmark, Priority, Bill page , Casey, Checkered flag, Hall & Valley

MD.........................Heritage both Westminster& Belair, O'Donnell, Hagerstown, Jim Coleman, Shockley, Waldorf Honda ..... maybe Sport Honda

• john4546john4546 Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2018
    @kncarxyz, here is my story. Want to pay it forward. About 4/5 months ago @brian125 gave me dealerships to call in MD and other states. He is a encyclopedia of knowledge with dealerships and art of the sale. Thanks brian for your time and service in these edmunds forums.
    @kncarxyz in MD. Criswell honda would not deal with me much over our phone. they gave me a price of 1700 below my models SPORT invoice price in ( may ) Criswell said i needed to come in . Wasn't doing that coming from PA.. Now Pohanka honda gave me a price in march april and may each month it was lower than previous months price. U could try them. Send them a request for a E-price on there dealerships website , then talked to the internet team or manager. doc fees in MD are 300 dollars so u need to know them before agreeing on a sale price to buy. Happy Hunting
    Also what was very helpful, suggested to me with Out of State and in house dealerships. This is a must!! make a spreed sheet with dealers name , contact person phone, email , price offered, dealerships doc fee charge , production date of vehicle, Will they do out of state sale by faxing buyers order or send it by email with total OTD pricing. I had 100 Honda dealerships on my spread sheet in 5 months . I'd say a good 65 / 70 dealerships were removed from my list due to bad pricing , would not deal with me on phone or online, some were dishonest and lied
    edited August 2018
    also in 5 months waiting ( i was in no rush to buy ) i let every dealership know that at 2ooo dollars below invoice i will buy from them. if they could not meet my price this month OR can do my price next month same applies . I had many dealerships emailing me every month with pricing upgrades . At that time feb, march , accord pricing was half of what dealers are selling accords for now. I'm also back in the market for either a 18 or 19 accord . I'm playing the waiting game again! I want 3000 dollars below invoice on a 2018 or i will buy the new 2019 model

@kncarxyz, please share MD pricing with me if your ready to buy in august , I'm curious how much lower pricing went since i bought my sport model
  • kncarxyzkncarxyz Member Posts: 5
    Thanks @brian125 and @john4546 for the information 
  • Jerseydevil01Jerseydevil01 Member Posts: 151
    @john4546 are you looking at another sport 2.0T or a different trim or motor ? just curious
    A 2018 Sport 2.0 at the right price i would want , otherwise as the months past closer to DEC may go with a 2019 model. Unless my wife blocks me she is trying to talk me into the toyota highlander . We test drove a limited model last week . Its probably worth every penny of the 40k price tag. Rides and handles superb. Quality is top notch, trans shifted silky smooth, visibility was better than i thought . a battle may be brewing.
    john4546 said:

A 2018 Sport 2.0 at the right price i would want , otherwise as the months past closer to DEC may go with a 2019 model. Unless my wife blocks me she is trying to talk me into the toyota highlander . We test drove a limited model last week . Its probably worth every penny of the 40k price tag. Rides and handles superb. Quality is top notch, trans shifted silky smooth, visibility was better than i thought . a battle may be brewing.

I guess if she gets a highlander then you get the accord full time, seems like a win - win. BTW 2 new cars on the horizon you must have the best wife ever
  • negxnegx Member Posts: 6
    what are the recommended dealers in NY to go to? most offers I'm getting are above invoice..
  • KyleVTKyleVT Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Could someone please provide me with MF and RV for the 2018 Honda Accord LX. I live in ZIP 05452, looking for a 36 mo/ 12K mile/yr lease with $0 down.
    edited August 2018
    negx said:

what are the recommended dealers in NY to go to? most offers I'm getting are above invoice..

Did you read my last post I sent you?

negx said:
    » show previous quotes

Base: 25300
    Taxes: 2245
    Doc/DMV: 255
    Total OTD: 27800
    Bad deal

Extend your search getting more dealers involved NY & NJ . See if DCH Academy in NJ has a Ex model you may want..... pricing with most models on DCH's lot are close to if not @2k below invoice price

You want your target price to fall between $1600 below invoice to 2k below in NY .......your above quote is $725 below invoice price .

KyleVT said:

Could someone please provide me with MF and RV for the 2018 Honda Accord LX. I live in ZIP 05452, looking for a 36 mo/ 12K mile/yr lease with $0 down.

Post your question in the accord lease forum. This forum is for prices paid

• negxnegx Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2018
    brian125 said:

negx said:

Did you read my last post I sent you?

negx said:
    » show previous quotes

Base: 25300
    Taxes: 2245
    Doc/DMV: 255
    Total OTD: 27800
    Bad deal

Extend your search getting more dealers involved NY & NJ . See if DCH Academy in NJ has a Ex model you may want..... pricing with most models on DCH's lot are close to if not @2k below invoice price

You want your target price to fall between $1600 below invoice to 2k below in NY .......your above quote is $725 below invoice price .
    yes i did contact DCH as you suggested. But unfortunately they don't have my desired color in inventory.
  • SCTomSCTom Member Posts: 4
    brian125 said:

SCTom said:

Let me know what dealers I recommended in MD & VA that wont negotiate online or phone with you.

Will do.....hope to spend some time this weekend contacting the dealers in VA/MD.
    Thanks!
    edited August 2018
    @negx

What color EX are you looking for ? is there a 2nd color choice ?

Try these Honda dealers in NY go thru there website page see if they have a EX model you may want then send them a E-price quote ,....then negotiate with them..... $1600 to 2k below invoice is a solid target price range in NY. If you need more help ask me...... try to buy at the end of the month pricing is always better.

Millennium, Atlantic , Babylon, Curry, Tarrytown, new Rochelle , Friendly. These dealers are maybe's...... Bay- ridge Honda , maybe Paragon ( be careful with them ) Hillside Honda wont negotiate much on the phone

@john4546

Give this note to Mrs. John .. I can get her the best deal on a Toyota highlander In PA or NJ.

Hope this helps your situation................... Accord -vs -Highlander :worried: Money is the root of all evils . You never had these problems before your big promotion & raise

brian125 said:

@john4546

Give this note to Mrs. John .. I can get her the best deal on a Toyota highlander In PA or NJ.

Hope this helps your situation................... Accord -vs -Highlander :worried: Money is the root of all evils . You never had these problems before your big promotion & raise

The Mrs will not be seeing your post, NOR will i mention it ! Lol. I have a 06 Toyota Sienna xle with 115k > id like to get 3 more year out of the van. here is a list of what van needs to maintain . needs some front end work, 2 engine mounts are shot, brakes / rotors in the front, belts, tires half worn, rattling sounds from middle of the catalytic converter maybe a clamp or pipe , who knows? I'd trade it in but there are 2 accidents on vehicles car fax where airbag deployed once . dings and scratches around van . If van is worth 5k dealer would offer me 2k I'd bet . I mine as well keep it, run it to the ground . It does run well with plenty of room for the kids when we travel. what i like are the leather seats , 4 capt chairs, rear entertainment sys. , pwr. sliding doors, trunk.

So is the Toyota Highlander warranted by the Mrs.??

• bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    edited August 2018
    brian125 said:
    @john4546 Give this note to Mrs. John .. I can get her the best deal on a Toyota highlander In PA or NJ. Hope this helps your situation................... Accord -vs -Highlander :worried: Money is the root of all evils . You never had these problems before your big promotion & raise
    First world problems. The highlander is a nice car, but the top trim model (XLE Limited) can get pricey. It goes for more than $40k but I am sure it is worth it. 

@john4546 - Let us hope the wife does not read the forum :)
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)
    brian125 said:

@john4546

Check out................ https://www.rockauto.com/ You could buy good quality OEM parts for your Sienna for a fraction what dealers & most Auto-parts stores would charge.

The OEM Akebono brakes are excellent pads for Toyota & Honda vehicles. FT brake pads run $38 to $45 , Centric rotors are very inexpensive and good quality @15 to $25 a Rotor . If you have a good Indy mechanic your not talking a lot of $$$ to maintain your Toyota to keep your precious cargo safe.

John

As far as a great deal on a Highlander . Guess you will never KNOW?? Good luck

brian125 said:

brian125 said:

@john4546

Check out................ https://www.rockauto.com/ You could buy good quality OEM parts for your Sienna for a fraction what dealers & most Auto-parts stores would charge.

The OEM Akebono brakes are excellent pads for Toyota & Honda vehicles. FT brake pads run $38 to $45 , Centric rotors are very inexpensive and good quality @15 to $25 a Rotor . If you have a good Indy mechanic your not talking a lot of $$$ to maintain your Toyota to keep your precious cargo safe.

Pricing on alot of parts needed are excellent......................Thank you
  • swamawayswamaway Member Posts: 1
    Guys,
     I’m trying to buy a 2018 accord EX 1.5T for use in Urbana, IL. I’m open to driving to a reasonable distance to get a good deal. I started with dealers in Chicago and the lowest I got is $25088 (basically invoice) . What is a realistic price for a good deal. Also where else should I look ? Motor werks and Schaumburg Honda gave the best prices!
  • mpa4712mpa4712 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have insight into dealerships within 200-300 miles of Jacksonville, FL? I'm looking at a 2018 Accord Hybrid EX or a 2018 Accord 2.0 Sport. I've put some initial feelers out to dealerships here in Jacksonville and everyone is more or less within $100 of each other. I'm currently at $27,220.00 plus tax, and tag for the Accord Hybrid EX and $28,515.00 plus tax, and tag for the Sport 2.0T.

Is waiting until Labor Day weekend worth it?
    @brian125

I wanted to see if you could offer you opinion on something for me. I’m currently shopping for a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T w/manual transmission and I’ve reached out to about 35 dealers in the IN, OH, KY area.  I’m in Indianapolis myself.  Anyway, the best offer I’ve had so far is $1200 below invoice. It’s not bad but I’d like to be at least at the $1500-$1600 range, if not higher.  I have two things working against me though. First, the manual is significantly harder to track down than the automatic and the dealers definitely don’t want to deal as aggressively on it if they can even locate one to begin with.  Second problem is simply that I live in the Midwest, and while not terrible for car shopping, there simply aren’t as many dealers to spur on the super aggressive pricing that people discuss in the PA, MD, VA, NJ areas.  I have already had a number of dealers bail out and tell me even the $1200 below invoice price was too low for them to match.  My question for you is how much of a difference do you think waiting until the last two days of the month will make for my particular scenario?  Obviously I understand that asking is the only way to be sure but I’m curious what you think. Do you think I can realistically get close to $2000 below invoice in the 250 mile area around Indianapolis?  How about $1600?  If I was buying an automatic I would just wait until the 30th and make the best deal because they are always around. But the manual does add a new variable and I’d like to know I have a realistic shot at saving significantly more money before I gamble and run the risk of not even being able to find one when the time comes. Thanks in advance for your help with this very “first world” problem. 
  • indydave3indydave3 Member Posts: 3
    Can you give me recommendations for Central Indiana. I’m looking to buy a new EX-L 1.5 or Hybrid.
    Sorry for the duplicate posts. Obviously some issues going on
    edited August 2018
    Indyvw I originally wanted a manual trans accord, started looking in Jan , Feb, March until my wife put that puppy to bed. said auto trans or you sleep in the shed. lol.. with limited manuals if any on most dealership lots pricing was awful in PA and De. dealerships wanted above invoice price a few in march were willing to sell at invoice price. I would make the best deal you could find closest to your house . One sales guy in DE told me I will sell this manual we have for xyz now or 5 months from now we are in no rush..
    edited August 2018
    @Indyvw
    If u want to come to PA send my dealer a request or e-price quote https://www.bianchihonda.com/inventory/new-2018-honda-accord-sedan-sport-2-0t-manual-fwd-4dr-car-1hgcv2e33ja011522. Could u IM me if you find a good deal or a honda dealer with a white manuel sport . T-Y
    john4546 said:

@Indyvw
    If u want to come to PA send my dealer a request or e-price quote https://www.bianchihonda.com/inventory/new-2018-honda-accord-sedan-sport-2-0t-manual-fwd-4dr-car-1hgcv2e33ja011522. Could u IM me if you find a good deal or a honda dealer with a white manuel sport . T-Y

https://www.sussmanhonda.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Honda-Accord_Sedan-Sport_2.0T_Manual-Roslyn-PA/3224384543 This is in Pa

john4546 said:

@Indyvw

https://www.sussmanhonda.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-Honda-Accord_Sedan-Sport_2.0T_Manual-Roslyn-PA/3224384543 This is in Pa
    I tried to work with this dealership for 3 months getting a fair price ..UGH! I resent another E-price request . lets see if sussman is ready to sell this white one . tks jerseydevil
    edited August 2018
    Sussman honda's lowest offer 1000 below the invoice price on there sport vehicles in stock in may.
    Yeah that’s about right. The manual is definitely a pain to work a deal on. I’ve had so many dealerships tell me they couldn’t get anywhere close to $1000 below invoice. I think I have maybe half a dozen I’m still emailing but no better offers yet. The auto would be so much easier to make an aggressive offer on. Such is life.
    I just need to stop trying to find cars that are so difficult to find. My current car, a 2016 VW GTI, is basically a unicorn. It is probably the rarest spec for that model. I just got lucky when I found it. But making a deal on it was extremely tough. I had hoped the Accord would be much easier, and it is, but still not a walk in the park for the manual.
    Thank you very much for relaying your experiences John. I think I will just get the best price I can this month and be happy with it. The manual is important enough that I can sacrifice a few hundred bucks. I’ll keep you updated. I may reach out to your dealership too just for comparison. Also, white manuals are around actually. I’ve tracked maybe half a dozen in a 300 mile area from me. Most are in OH which unfortunately is probably a ways from you. I’ll keep looking for ya.
  • DAVHONDAVHON Member Posts: 5
    New member, looking for 2018 EX-L with Navi. Any suggested Northeastern NC and Hampton Roads Virginia who give good deals? Thank you.
    john4546 said:

john4546 said:

@Indyvw

I tried to work with this dealership for 3 months getting a fair price ..UGH! I resent another E-price request . lets see if sussman is ready to sell this white one . tks jerseydevil
    When I was looking Sussman never made it to my targeted dealer list but I would troll them for price trends only. I was lucky that there where several of the colors at other dealers that I wanted
  • 1234Rick1234Rick Member Posts: 1
    New member, been following a while.  Looking for 2018 Touring 2.0 white w black interior.  Any dealer suggestions in Arkansas.  I’ll also be in Kansas City Aug 30 and 31 so could buy there if better deal or availability.
    Thank you,
    Rick
    1234Rick said:

New member, been following a while.  Looking for 2018 Touring 2.0 white w black interior.  Any dealer suggestions in Arkansas.  I’ll also be in Kansas City Aug 30 and 31 so could buy there if better deal or availability.
    Thank you,
    Rick

Rick cant help you much with pricing in AR. you need to round up dealers get pricing then use your states best pricing to judge if buying in Kansas makes sense

Check out these Honda dealers web sites in Kansas see if they have your desired model then request a E-price quote to start the negotiations .

Honda of Olathe, Sharp, O'Neill, Jack Ellena

edited August 2018
    Indyvw said:

@brian125

I wanted to see if you could offer you opinion on something for me. I’m currently shopping for a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T w/manual transmission and I’ve reached out to about 35 dealers in the IN, OH, KY area.  I’m in Indianapolis myself.  Anyway, the best offer I’ve had so far is $1200 below invoice. It’s not bad but I’d like to be at least at the $1500-$1600 range, if not higher.  I have two things working against me though. First, the manual is significantly harder to track down than the automatic and the dealers definitely don’t want to deal as aggressively on it if they can even locate one to begin with.  Second problem is simply that I live in the Midwest, and while not terrible for car shopping, there simply aren’t as many dealers to spur on the super aggressive pricing that people discuss in the PA, MD, VA, NJ areas.  I have already had a number of dealers bail out and tell me even the $1200 below invoice price was too low for them to match.  My question for you is how much of a difference do you think waiting until the last two days of the month will make for my particular scenario?  Obviously I understand that asking is the only way to be sure but I’m curious what you think. Do you think I can realistically get close to $2000 below invoice in the 250 mile area around Indianapolis?  How about $1600?  If I was buying an automatic I would just wait until the 30th and make the best deal because they are always around. But the manual does add a new variable and I’d like to know I have a realistic shot at saving significantly more money before I gamble and run the risk of not even being able to find one when the time comes. Thanks in advance for your help with this very “first world” problem. 

@Indyvw ..................hey bud sorry couldn't post sooner had sign on difficulties last few days .

The accord Manuel is a tough model dealers will not sell like the rest of there stock as we know . Supply & demand we lose in the price wars. @john4546 posted some good advice that I will further on . You seem like you could handle yourself negotiating so I would suggest targeting dealers in a 100 miles radius, ( why kill yourself over saving $400 or so ) then on the last couple of days this month make your emails & calls to the Int/ MGRS. with a target price to buy on that day. 2k below invoice may be a stretch on a Manuel. I would target $1600 below. A dealer may bite especially ones that were at 1200 below. If at the end of this process of calls & emails, holding out to the last day of this month (which you need to do play out this month for the best possible price ) don't bear fruits , you then buy at $1200 below invoice ..... Knowing you did your best made the best possible deal in your targeted area.

Thanks for the advice Brian. I’ll keep you updated. 
  • indydave3indydave3 Member Posts: 3
    Hope you’re having more luck Indyvw than I am in Central IN. Not much luck getting anyone to come much below invoice price
    edited August 2018
    indydave3 said:

Hope you’re having more luck Indyvw than I am in Central IN. Not much luck getting anyone to come much below invoice price

Unfortunately for you there are area's that just don't compete with other states pricing. Nothing you could do. After your Targeted area dealers have been contacted and you gather all pricing you either make your lowest deal or wait another month hoping pricing lowers. If you buy a Accord this month rest assure you made the best possible deal in your area . I bought a lot of cars since the late 60's, My thoughts are , as long as I know I made the best possible deal, I'm happy with that . God bless buyers in another state getting better pricing. Living in NY I have bought vehicles in MA down to MD & VA when pricing paid to take a road trip. when the Honda Pilot came out in 2003 the NY, NJ & surround states were getting MSRP plus $500 if you wanted it quicker . In Ohio pilots were selling 500 below invoice which made buying there a no brainer . Save 2500/ 3000 or buy local.