Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Post timing belt change issues

FroggerbassFroggerbass Member Posts: 1
edited August 2018 in Toyota
I took my T100 to my mechanic. It had no problems/issues going in. It was overdue for a timing belt change. When i got it back it made to the my driveway and died. And now dies a whole bunch when idling or in reverse. But not consistently. It's losing power, like turning the key off. My mechanic confirms this as well, but does not know what is wrong. He had some issues with the crankshaft position sensor when repairing. Any thoughts on what is going on? I love my truck and have had it a very long time with very very few problems. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited August 2018
    Well take it back to him until he does figure it out, or consults with someone who can figure it out. That's his job. He'll have to check the engine timing to make sure he installed the belt correctly, or that something didn't slip, and as for the CKP sensor, his scan tool should figure that out, either by showing a trouble code (335 to 338)--or if the scanner gets erratic RPM readings. If he doesn't have a scanner (!) he can use his multimeter to test the sensor.