Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport AWD vs 2018 Audi A4 Premium Plus

Deal_HackerDeal_Hacker Member Posts: 18
edited July 2018 in INFINITI
Hi--

I'm turning in my 2015 Infiniti Q40 (G37X leftover), and need to decide what to get next. I think I've narrowed it down to the 2018 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport AWD and the 2018 Audi A4 Premium Plus with the Sport and Technology packages. I like the Kia Stinger GT, but the lease deals aren't very good. The monthly payment will be close on both, probably a little less on the Audi. The insurance is more expensive on the Infiniti, as is the cost of fuel.

I get special pricing on both through my employer.

I love the Audi A4 in most respects, but I'm concerned it's a little boring. I've only driven it twice, and can't say a bad thing about it, but there seems to be something... sterile about it. The Red Sport's interior isn't nearly as good, but it's sooo fast.

What would you do? I strongly prefer leasing, and my firm monthly payment is $450/month. I'll be happy to check out other cars, but they'd have to be in my price range.

Thanks!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    I'm not sure you'll be able to get either vehicle for $450, without some substantial sum upfront.

After the Q40, the A4 might seem a little slow. I think the Audis have better fit/finish, and are better-looking, but our G37 was trouble-free for the three years we leased it. Whatever you save in fuel/insurance on the Audi will likely be spent on higher maintenance charges.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Deal_HackerDeal_Hacker Member Posts: 18
    Good point on the maintenance.

I have a great offer on the table for a Red Sport right now for $1,000 down and $450 a month right now through a combination of special pricing and a loyalty bonus. The salesman thought I was crazy for not just taking the offer then.

I'm still mulling it. 
  • krishnamkrishnam Member Posts: 29
    Can you share the details of the offer you got for $450 a month
  • Deal_HackerDeal_Hacker Member Posts: 18
    krishnam said:

Can you share the details of the offer you got for $450 a month

Sorry, I haven't been around since I closed my deal on July 30th.

MSRP: $57,550
    Loyalty Bonus: ~$6,200
    Lease cash: $5,400
    VPP Discount: ???
    4 in 1 Tire/Wheel, etc. Service (with employee discount): ~$430
    Residual: 50%
    MF: .00003
    Terms: 10K/year, 39 months
    DAS: $1,000

Monthly payment: $461.