Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005 Yukon XL Denali Traction Control Brake Dragging

overlookingseaoverlookingsea Member Posts: 1
edited September 2017 in GMC
My Denali has issues, I know. 211k miles and needs things. Yesterday, the traction control button stopped working (was effectively locking out overly active traction control). Now all four brakes drag. Petal still works, and brakes activate, but dragging is very evident with overheating at each rotor. I removed ABS and TracControl 60amp fuses, but to no avail. I'm planning on R&R all four Calipers/Rotors/Pads, all new lines, draining & refilling brake line, but before I do so, I worry there are electronic issues and/or master cylinder/ABS master issues. Any advice?

Answers

• Options
    Get your brakes fixed first. It is unlikely there is any connection between the Traction Control problem and the brake problems. On my 2005 Yukon XL I replaced the switch on the top left side of the dash which makes the selection for whether you are in what type of 4 x 4 mode. It is easy to do. Google it. Good video on there.