Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buying advice for Pacifica 18 or wait for 19?

loves2readloves2read Member Posts: 48
edited July 2018 in Chrysler
My daughter lives in Sarasota FL area--willing to to drive an hour+ to get best price for a new Pacifical Limited or one under it--
Wants only the Ocean Blue exterior and those in very limited.
She has Costco membership--
Any suggestions as to best buying proceedure vs leasing...
She has money to pay cash and even though leasing w/ a buyout of that car might be viable math, she just wants to buy the car...they had bad experience w/lease in past...

Most info here is on leasing--
And would it be worth ordering a 2019 vs 2018 is she has to go that route--can you make a deal on new car you order?
She has older Mazda CX-5 in good shape but wants a bigger car...

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789

My daughter lives in Sarasota FL area--willing to to drive an hour+ to get best price for a new Pacifical Limited or one under it--
    Wants only the Ocean Blue exterior and those in very limited.
    She has Costco membership--
    Any suggestions as to best buying proceedure vs leasing...
    She has money to pay cash and even though leasing w/ a buyout of that car might be viable math, she just wants to buy the car...they had bad experience w/lease in past...

Most info here is on leasing--
    And would it be worth ordering a 2019 vs 2018 is she has to go that route--can you make a deal on new car you order?
    She has older Mazda CX-5 in good shape but wants a bigger car...

If she has an aversion to leasing, she shouldn't lease.

I'd guess she will do better on a 2018, than waiting for 2019. Do an on-line search for the car, but once you find it, don't let the dealer know that the color is a deal breaker.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hotroutehotroute Member Posts: 23
    Noticed the 2019 Pacifica’s are beginning to hit dealer lots earlier today. I’m assuming not, but thought to ask anyway...

Are there any MF/RV/Incentives on the ‘19 Pacifica Limited 36/12 (60189)?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    hotroute said:

Noticed the 2019 Pacifica’s are beginning to hit dealer lots earlier today. I’m assuming not, but thought to ask anyway...

Are there any MF/RV/Incentives on the ‘19 Pacifica Limited 36/12 (60189)?

.00002 MF and 51% residual
    $1500 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator