Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2018 Audi A5 Lease Deals and Prices

Comments

• blackknight4blackknight4 Member Posts: 28
    Hello. Dealer will give me 10% off a new A5 sportback. MSRP $54k. They are telling me it will be better to do the Audi Premium Purchase instead of leasing. The Premium Purchase is $675 a month and $7200 out of my pocket including taxes. My tax is 7%. What do you think about the 10% off and what about the Premium Purchase? Thanks
  • snakes01snakes01 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, looking for MF and residual in Los Angeles, CA on:
    1. A5 coupe, Premium Plus, 3yrs, 10K/year
    2. A5 coupe, Premium Plus, 3yrs, 12K/year
    3. A5 coupe, Prestige, 3yrs, 10K/year
    4. A5 coupe, Prestige, 3yrs, 12K/year
    Thank you!
  • snakes01snakes01 Member Posts: 2
    snakes01 said:

Thank you!

Also, any lease cash
  • quattromikequattromike Member Posts: 111
    Hello. Dealer will give me 10% off a new A5 sportback. MSRP $54k. They are telling me it will be better to do the Audi Premium Purchase instead of leasing. The Premium Purchase is $675 a month and $7200 out of my pocket including taxes. My tax is 7%. What do you think about the 10% off and what about the Premium Purchase? Thanks
    I get $539 per month with your 10% discount, 7% taxes, and $7200 down on a lease for 36/12.  10% off on the sportback is a very good discount. I have never heard of that purchase program, but your lease would be cheaper by over $100 per month. Not sure how long you’d plan on keeping your car. If you choose to lease, I would not put $7200 down, because you’d lose it if the car is totaled. The sportbacks don’t lease very well, but if you’re only keeping your car until the warranty expires, I still think leasing is the way to go. 
    leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Audi&msrp=54000&sales_price=48500&months=36&mf=.00201&dp=5819&doc_fee=0&acq_fee=895&taxed_inc=500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=56&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=7&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012

kyfdx said:

Hey guys!

Looking for info on...

2018 Audi A5 Cabriolet Premium Cabriolet quattro

12/36 & 15/36
    Residual and MF and any incentives.

Thanks!

What ZIP?
    .00108 and 52% / 50%
    No lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

What state is this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

snakes01 said:

snakes01 said:

Thank you!

Also, any lease cash
    36/12; add 1% for 10K
    .00104 and 52% (P+) or 48% (Prestige)
    $2000 market allowance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I get $539 per month with your 10% discount, 7% taxes, and $7200 down on a lease for 36/12.  10% off on the sportback is a very good discount. I have never heard of that purchase program, but your lease would be cheaper by over $100 per month. Not sure how long you’d plan on keeping your car. If you choose to lease, I would not put $7200 down, because you’d lose it if the car is totaled. The sportbacks don’t lease very well, but if you’re only keeping your car until the warranty expires, I still think leasing is the way to go. 
    leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Audi&msrp=54000&sales_price=48500&months=36&mf=.00201&dp=5819&doc_fee=0&acq_fee=895&taxed_inc=500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=56&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=7&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true&miles=12000&msd=0

The Premium Purchase program is an alternative to leasing in states that tax the entire selling price (TX, MD, VA).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• PGMD823PGMD823 Member Posts: 8
    Hey everyone. Locked down that monsoon gray P+ coupe I was mentioning earlier. I think I got a fair, but not stellar deal. 10% off MSRP, but his initial lease breakdown to me included a .00129 money factor. I told him no markup on money factor...he did the usual dealer BS, then I just told him .00104 and saw him type it in to his lease calculator. They tried to stiff me a grand on my 05 Accord trade in (carmax appraisal:2K). I of course was not going to let that happen. Eventually they matched the 2K, which I used as my only upfront payment. All in all my monthly payment is $603 + tax for a 36/10. I tried to get more than 10% off MSRP multiple times and came close to walking out and playing the LA dealers off each other (based on what I read on this forum; I'm in San Diego), but I was OK with where the deal was at and he had the exact car I wanted.

For some reason I added AudiCare in the moment without researching it properly. So with the 1% bump in residual the net price of AudiCare is 869-541.6 = $327.4. With the first annual service free, I feel like this is not worth it if I turn the car back in after three years.

I live in CA where they give AudiCare refunds per the terms and conditions. Anyone have experience with this? And what happens to lease terms/residual#/monthly payment after refund? I probably could have gotten away with a 5K mile/yr. lease since I will drive far far less than 30K total, in which case I may buy the car after the lease is up since it may be worth more than the residual. In this case, AudiCare probably worth it?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    PGMD823 said:

Hey everyone. Locked down that monsoon gray P+ coupe I was mentioning earlier. I think I got a fair, but not stellar deal. 10% off MSRP, but his initial lease breakdown to me included a .00129 money factor. I told him no markup on money factor...he did the usual dealer BS, then I just told him .00104 and saw him type it in to his lease calculator. They tried to stiff me a grand on my 05 Accord trade in (carmax appraisal:2K). I of course was not going to let that happen. Eventually they matched the 2K, which I used as my only upfront payment. All in all my monthly payment is $603 + tax for a 36/10. I tried to get more than 10% off MSRP multiple times and came close to walking out and playing the LA dealers off each other (based on what I read on this forum; I'm in San Diego), but I was OK with where the deal was at and he had the exact car I wanted.

For some reason I added AudiCare in the moment without researching it properly. So with the 1% bump in residual the net price of AudiCare is 869-541.6 = $327.4. With the first annual service free, I feel like this is not worth it if I turn the car back in after three years.

I live in CA where they give AudiCare refunds per the terms and conditions. Anyone have experience with this? And what happens to lease terms/residual#/monthly payment after refund? I probably could have gotten away with a 5K mile/yr. lease since I will drive far far less than 30K total, in which case I may buy the car after the lease is up since it may be worth more than the residual. In this case, AudiCare probably worth it?

We've always recommended AudiCare, due to the residual bump.

In that price range, getting exactly what you want may be worth a few dollars.

No information about the AudiCare refund, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    PGMD823 said:

I think you underestimate the cost of service. They aren't going to refund AudiCare, because it's tied to your residual increase. Pretty sure that service will be required annually, no matter how little you drive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jvv1214jvv1214 Member Posts: 54
    Hello,

Can you tell me the MF and RV for 2018 Audi A5 and A6 Quattro 36/12 and 36/15? Zip is 07446. Does the residual change for premium, premium plus and prestige?

Thank you,
    jvv1214 said:

Hello,

Can you tell me the MF and RV for 2018 Audi A5 and A6 Quattro 36/12 and 36/15? Zip is 07446. Does the residual change for premium, premium plus and prestige?

Thank you,

What body style on the A5?

The A6 discussion is here:
    https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/46840/audi/a6/2018-audi-a6-lease-deals-and-prices#latest
    Please mention 2.0 or 3.0 engine

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jvv1214jvv1214 Member Posts: 54
    Sorry about that. 2.0 premium plus A5 coupe. Thank you.
    jvv1214 said:

Sorry about that. 2.0 premium plus A5 coupe. Thank you.

.00104 MF
    52%/50% residual
    $2000 lease bonus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• daptekdaptek Member Posts: 141
    Hello can I get numbers for a5 sport back 36/12k miles zip 32837?
    daptek said:

Hello can I get numbers for a5 sport back 36/12k miles zip 32837?

Premium Plus?
    .00201 MF and 56% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• doubler312doubler312 Member Posts: 96
    Hi I found a used A5 sportback with roughly 9000 miles. Sell price is $41375. Dealer said they can sell it to me for $39900. Said the lease on this vehicle doesn’t work. It has been titled. Do you think that’s a good price? 
  • bluemkn57carsbluemkn57cars Member Posts: 1,009
    edited September 2018
    PGMD823 said:
    Hey everyone. Locked down that monsoon gray P+ coupe I was mentioning earlier. I think I got a fair, but not stellar deal. 10% off MSRP, but his initial lease breakdown to me included a .00129 money factor. I told him no markup on money factor...he did the usual dealer BS, then I just told him .00104 and saw him type it in to his lease calculator. They tried to stiff me a grand on my 05 Accord trade in (carmax appraisal:2K). I of course was not going to let that happen. Eventually they matched the 2K, which I used as my only upfront payment. All in all my monthly payment is $603 + tax for a 36/10. I tried to get more than 10% off MSRP multiple times and came close to walking out and playing the LA dealers off each other (based on what I read on this forum; I'm in San Diego), but I was OK with where the deal was at and he had the exact car I wanted. For some reason I added AudiCare in the moment without researching it properly. So with the 1% bump in residual the net price of AudiCare is 869-541.6 = $327.4. With the first annual service free, I feel like this is not worth it if I turn the car back in after three years. I live in CA where they give AudiCare refunds per the terms and conditions. Anyone have experience with this? And what happens to lease terms/residual#/monthly payment after refund? I probably could have gotten away with a 5K mile/yr. lease since I will drive far far less than 30K total, in which case I may buy the car after the lease is up since it may be worth more than the residual. In this case, AudiCare probably worth it? Any thoughts are appreciated.
    I believe Audicare is worth it. Not just for the 1% bump in residual but also what you get for it. If you look at the contract and read up on it, you do not just get oil changes. Btw, you are covered at 20k, 30k, 40k and 50k miles. Hence, if at the end of your lease (@30k miles) you decide to buy your vehicle, you are still covered up to 50k miles. All this info is in the contract. The finance guy at my local Audi dealership explained this to me a couple of months ago.

I do not live in CA (I am in MA), hence I cannot comment on the refund laws in your state. However, If I were in your shoes I would keep Audicare.
    2021 Audi A6 P+2018 Audi A4 P+ (lease returned)2013 Honda Accord EX-L (Sold)

Hi I found a used A5 sportback with roughly 9000 miles. Sell price is $41375. Dealer said they can sell it to me for $39900. Said the lease on this vehicle doesn’t work. It has been titled. Do you think that’s a good price? 

What is the original MSRP?
    When did it go into service? The warranty clock is already ticking.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

$49105 is the MSRP. Not sure when it went into service. Thank you 

$49105 is the MSRP. Not sure when it went into service. Thank you 

That seems like a reasonable price.

Just know you are giving up not just mileage on the warranty, but also time.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited September 2018
    They just called back. Here’s the lease deal $567 per month with $3750 out of pocket for dmv, taxes, doc fee, first month acq fee. Sell price is $39900. 15k miles a year. I told them I don’t need 15k but they said that’s how the lease is on a CPO. Thoughts? 

They just called back. Here’s the lease deal $567 per month with $3750 out of pocket for dmv, taxes, doc fee, first month acq fee. Sell price is $39900. 15k miles a year. I told them I don’t need 15k but they said that’s how the lease is on a CPO. Thoughts? 

I think he is right.. the lease deal doesn't work. At least it wouldn't for me, with that price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Now he’s saying the lease numbers work better. $567 per month with $3750 down.

Now he’s saying the lease numbers work better. $567 per month with $3750 down.

Yeah.. I got that... I wouldn't lease at that price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Okay so the MF Is .00201 and the RV for 36/15 is 54% right? Less .20 cents for each mile.

Okay so the MF Is .00201 and the RV for 36/15 is 54% right? Less .20 cents for each mile.

Doesn't matter what the numbers are … that is a very high lease payment for the vehicle.

I'd pass, and try to make a deal on something new, or move on to another brand.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

I don't know Audi's rules for leasing a used vehicle with that many miles. It's possible they can't use the new car lease program.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you!!! 
  • MKBMKB Member Posts: 2
    Can I get a MF and RV for 2018 A5 Coupe Premium Plus trim for 2 zip codes, 78218, and 20001, 36/12k?

I sat down with dealer today in San Antonio, TX for A5 coupe premium+ with S line package.
    MSRP was 54000 and dealer gave me 5200 discount on sticker price. My trade-in value was 4000.
    With my trade in and every little fees+tax came down to 48070.
    Final lease monthly payment was 599 which is no where close to 1% rule with my trade-in. I know Audi does not give out good deals for leasing, but I still thought number was still very high. Let me know how you guys think on that as well!
    Thank you in advance!
    MKB said:

Can I get a MF and RV for 2018 A5 Coupe Premium Plus trim for 2 zip codes, 78218, and 20001, 36/12k?

I sat down with dealer today in San Antonio, TX for A5 coupe premium+ with S line package.
    MSRP was 54000 and dealer gave me 5200 discount on sticker price. My trade-in value was 4000.
    With my trade in and every little fees+tax came down to 48070.
    Final lease monthly payment was 599 which is no where close to 1% rule with my trade-in. I know Audi does not give out good deals for leasing, but I still thought number was still very high. Let me know how you guys think on that as well!
    Thank you in advance!

.00104 MF and 52% residual
    $2000 lease bonus

If $48,070 is the adjusted CAP cost, I get $634/mo.

Of course TX sales tax is high on leases, which doesn't help.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• quattromikequattromike Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2018
    MKB said:
    Can I get a MF and RV for 2018 A5 Coupe Premium Plus trim for 2 zip codes, 78218, and 20001, 36/12k? I sat down with dealer today in San Antonio, TX for A5 coupe premium+ with S line package. MSRP was 54000 and dealer gave me 5200 discount on sticker price. My trade-in value was 4000. With my trade in and every little fees+tax came down to 48070. Final lease monthly payment was 599 which is no where close to 1% rule with my trade-in. I know Audi does not give out good deals for leasing, but I still thought number was still very high. Let me know how you guys think on that as well! Thank you in advance!
    I would not put down your $4000 in trade, since that doesn’t go towards equity. You’re merely paying down the total cost of your lease. If your car is totaled as you drive off the lot, you lose that $4000. I would take your car to CarMax and see what they’d give you for it, and pocket the cash. As for your discount off MSRP, it varies by region and supply and dealer competition. 10% off MSRP is a good discount. There may be more room to negotiate, but it really depends how many A5 coupes are left in your area. You may also want to consider ordering a 2019. The price went up for the premium, but there is also more standard content so your well-optioned build may actually be cheaper. See Cars Direct for pricing. As an example, I ordered a 2019 premium plus coupe and got 13% off MSRP, but in Chicago. The sport seats and S-Line trim are now standard, as are the navigation and virtual cockpit. As a result, my 2019 is $820 less than a 2018 with the same equipment. Scheduled for November delivery. 
  • MKBMKB Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2018
    Is it possible for you to get me a same quote on MF and RV for 2018 A5 Coupe Premium Plus trim at zip code 20001? Thank you.
    MKB said:

Is it possible for you to get me a same quote on MF and RV for 2018 A5 Coupe Premium Plus trim at zip code 20001? Thank you.

The lease variables are all the same. I don't know how DC taxes leases, though. It won't matter, if you are registering it in Texas, you'll pay Texas sales tax, and the numbers should be identical

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mhoang37mhoang37 Member Posts: 13
    can i get MF & residual for A5 Sportsback Premium Plus for 92880, 36/15 & 36/12? I am a current Audi owner, what is the loyalty incentive and any other incentives?
    mhoang37 said:

can i get MF & residual for A5 Sportsback Premium Plus for 92880, 36/15 & 36/12? I am a current Audi owner, what is the loyalty incentive and any other incentives?

.00201 and 56%
    $500 market allowance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• z_bz_b Member Posts: 16
    Hi can I please get the MF and RV for A5 Cab Premium and Premium Plus, 36/10 and 36/7.5? Also are there any incentives I'm in CA? Thanks!
    z_b said:

Hi can I please get the MF and RV for A5 Cab Premium and Premium Plus, 36/10 and 36/7.5? Also are there any incentives I'm in CA? Thanks!

.00108 and 53% / 54%
    $2000 market allowance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• JefferTechJefferTech Member Posts: 59
    edited September 2018

Looking at a A5 sportback Premium + MF in 77002 zip is 0.00271...that's inflated/marked up yes? Also my preference is a 36 month term. Also this is for 10,000 miles per year

Looking at a A5 sportback Premium + MF in 77002 zip is 0.00271...that's inflated/marked up yes? Also my preference is a 36 month term. Also this is for 10,000 miles per year

36/10 - .00201 and 57%
    42/10 - .00221 and 53%
    $500 lease credit

Yes, MF is marked up.

The taxes don't help the payment, either.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Kazim RazaKazim Raza Member Posts: 10
    Folks,

Looking at the 2018 A5 Sportback as a possible option. Could you please provide me with the MF and RV for 10K miles for 36, 39 and 42 months respectively? My zip code is 22312 but looking to get the numbers generally for the DC Metro area (NoVA, MD) if possible.
  • Kazim RazaKazim Raza Member Posts: 10
    Forgot to add: numbers for both the Premium and Premium Plus SB.

Thank you!

Folks,

Looking at the 2018 A5 Sportback as a possible option. Could you please provide me with the MF and RV for 10K miles for 36, 39 and 42 months respectively? My zip code is 22312 but looking to get the numbers generally for the DC Metro area (NoVA, MD) if possible.

Forgot to add: numbers for both the Premium and Premium Plus SB.

Thank you!

P/P+ have the same program numbers; and, they expire today.

New program numbers are due to be released tomorrow

36/10 - .00201 and 57%
    39/10 - .00221 and 55%
    42/10 - .00221 and 53%
    $500 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• kizersoze83kizersoze83 Member Posts: 6
    Apologies, but I can’t find a better forum to ask and I have found this as an incredibly useful resource.

Looking to purchase a 2018 A5 Sportback prestige that is CPO. I’m very happy with the negotiated price. MSRP: $54k originally agreed upon $43k plus taxes, trade, etc.

I’m being quoted Audi financial special financing or 4.99% for 66 months. This seems high since I was quoted tier 1 credit at BMW and 1.9% for a CPO 428 Gran coupe.

Any idea of current Audi financing rates?

Apologies, but I can’t find a better forum to ask and I have found this as an incredibly useful resource.

Looking to purchase a 2018 A5 Sportback prestige that is CPO. I’m very happy with the negotiated price. MSRP: $54k originally agreed upon $43k plus taxes, trade, etc.

I’m being quoted Audi financial special financing or 4.99% for 66 months. This seems high since I was quoted tier 1 credit at BMW and 1.9% for a CPO 428 Gran coupe.

Any idea of current Audi financing rates?

I show 4.79% APR up to 60 months
    5.29% APR for 72 months

The Sportbacks are very popular. I don't think you'll see low-rate financing on them.
    (Those are new car rates, and I assume the Audi still qualifies, since it's a 2018 model)

The 428 Gran Coupe is a 2016 model? That's not exactly apples to apples.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kizersoze83kizersoze83 Member Posts: 6
    kyfdx said:
    I show 4.79% APR up to 60 months 5.29% APR for 72 months The Sportbacks are very popular. I don't think you'll see low-rate financing on them. (Those are new car rates, and I assume the Audi still qualifies, since it's a 2018 model) The 428 Gran Coupe is a 2016 model? That's not exactly apples to apples.
    Thank you very much @kyfdx !  My mistake; I meant a 2018 430i Gran Coupe.  

I have been utilizing these forums for a few years and pointing all of my friends here for rock solid information. 

I really appreciate the work you do to help us outsiders gain any kind of edge when negotiating such a major purchase. 

I was approved at Navy Federal Credit Union at 2.43% for 72 months. I don’t see any way Audi can touch that. It’s also nice to know the dealer was padding his rates a little bit. 
  • riverripperriverripper Member Posts: 23
    Could you please provide the October numbers for an A5 sportback with Prem+ 10k/36 and 7.5K/36 in 98112?

Could you please provide the October numbers for an A5 sportback with Prem+ 10k/36 and 7.5K/36 in 98112?

.00211 and 56% / 57%
    $1000 lease credit

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sananasanana Member Posts: 14
    Can I please have the October numbers for A5 Cabriolet Prestige 36/7.5K and 24/7.5K in 98119. Thanks!