Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Need Advice in terms of buying this car

fact0ryfact0ry Member Posts: 1
edited October 2018 in Volkswagen
Hey fellas. I'm currently 18 and i'm purchasing my first car and my budget is around 6000 or less. I had a question about the VW jettas. I've found one online and test drove it and it drove good but i asked close family of mine and some people said they are expensive to maintain and will give you a headache. some of my other family members said they are good cars.

It's a Volkswagen Jetta 2010 LE 2.5 Liter 5 cylinders with about 103,000 miles for 4600. And All i really plan on doing with the car is drive to school and back which is only 2 miles (1 to get there, 1 to get back home) and maybe take my girlfriend out for a while. But i was only planning to have this car till im 21 then i'll purchase a brand new one. I really liked the feel of the jetta and it felt nice. Breaks had a few noises seconds after startup but then no sound happened after breaking. I'm only going to have this car for 2-3 years for college and to go out and thats it. I was just wondering is 4600 worth it for the jetta? It really does look and feel like a nice car. The guy that is selling it to us has all maintenance reports and documents. He also said before the AC broke but was fixed. a tire was ----- up but fixed too. It's also a repo car. If i properly maintain this car every 3-6 months would it last me for 2-3 years. Or am i just giving this guy money for a ----show car road ahead.

Should i bother with it or no

Let me know Please. and thanks

Comments

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311
    A VW with more than 100k and other issues that was a repo?

Don't bother imho.
    2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    I think there are a lot better choices for that budget (and, I drive a newer Jetta).

Use a search service like www.cars.com to find vehicles in your price range.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4