Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2004 Chevy Venture Tail Light Circuit Board Issues

michaelskyyusamichaelskyyusa Member Posts: 1
edited September 2017 in Chevrolet
I have a 2004 Chevy Venture experiencing issues with the driver side (left) tail light circuit board. The break bulb, left turn signal bulb, and reverse indicator bulb aren't working. Both the top and bottom running light(s) bulbs are working when activated, however when the left turn signal and/or hazard lights are activated, instead of the left turn signal bulb turning on, both the top and bottom running lights flash in sync with the turn signals. Tonight I'm going to temporarily swap the driver and passenger side tail light circuit boards to see what happens. Any ideas on where the issue might be? Vehicle electronics isn't my strong suit. Any suggestions and/or advice would be greatly appreciated! It's my understanding that tail light electrical issues with the 2004 Chevy Venture (and other GM Mini vans from this same generation) are quite common.

Comments

• Options
    granosgranos Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2018

I have1999 chevy venture. When I using the signal lights the engine will shutdown

start it up the lights are all on no running problems touch singel light right or left and the engine stalls instanly there is a buzzing for second and then it quits no blown fuses so far . The only notice i had was a couple hesitations that appeared a bit of water in the gas put methanol the next drove it to friend`s 2 or 3 hours later found out you don`t singel if you put in neutral it could started while still rolling . any idas where to start anyone know where there`s a good wiring diagram
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Yes, you'll definitely need a good wiring diagram to track this down. If it were my car and I was guessing, I'd be suspicious of the ignition switch and the fuse box itself--two possible points of intersection between the directional circuit and the ignition circuit.

This is one possible source for the wiring diagrams: http://www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams/